Phoenix Board # 189: Vintage Goodness Coming and Retro Line

Reaction score
New thread, it's been a while!

Wow, lots of stuff coming to go with the barge. I have pre-ordered the TVC Skiff, Skiff Guards 3-pack and extra Gammies!

Last posts from the previous thread:

I could have gone either way and ultimately went HasbroPulse for the sole reason of showing them I/we approve of their apparent plan for 2019: release a large high quality anchor item and surround it with equally high quality secondary items.
AZ Ave & Ocotillo Target- Looked like all of the Resistance figures and definitely all of the first wave of BS6 Archive figures including Boba Fett, who I left since I just ordered it off HasbroPulse.
HasbroPulse has the skiff listed again for pre-order, but Amazon is the better way to go in my opinion.
BBTS has the skiff up for pre-order for $41.99. Not a horrid mark up, but I may wait to see if Amazon gets this one too.

UPDATE: I did a quick search and it's already on Amazon for $39.99 Prime. I ordered two.
Per Yakface.com, Amazon has the HyperReal Vader at $49.99 for a preorder:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D769KSP/?ref=exp_yak_face_lv_dp_vv_d

Tempted, but don't want to get into another line. 6" and Funko are enough for me right now.

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
I could have gone either way and ultimately went HasbroPulse for the sole reason of showing them I/we approve of their apparent plan for 2019: release a large high quality anchor item and surround it with equally high quality secondary items.
I had considered that as well, but figured no matter where you buy from HasbroPulse (or at least Hasbro) is still getting the sale and showing numbers, so I figure we're supporting the item regardless where it's purchased from unless we're waiting for clearance prices or eBay long after release.

Reaction score
This GG TLJ Crait Luke bust looks pretty nice.

Hopefully GG doesn't mess up the likeness in production.

Reaction score
The issue for me is going to be somebody being home to sign for my barge.

Reaction score
Yakface is reporting Black Series 6 Wave 20 has been found at Targets all over the U.S. (including AZ). It was not at the one I stopped at yesterday.
I found wave 20 at two Targets this morning (all before 8:30): I got a set minus Mace Windu at the Power and 202 store, as someone had already snagged him and the other Padme. I then shot up to the Power and 60 store where I found a full case, and got Mace there.

I'd have posted sooner, but I was at work.

Reaction score
I found wave 20 at two Targets this morning (all before 8:30): I got a set minus Mace Windu at the Power and 202 store, as someone had already snagged him and the other Padme. I then shot up to the Power and 60 store where I found a full case, and got Mace there.

Are you only finding single cases?

bac

Reaction score
I had considered that as well, but figured no matter where you buy from HasbroPulse (or at least Hasbro) is still getting the sale and showing numbers, so I figure we're supporting the item regardless where it's purchased from unless we're waiting for clearance prices or eBay long after release.
It's all good as long as we get our goods!

As for the Barge, I'm excited for its arrival, nervous the box will have gone through war during shipping, and still clueless as to where I'm putting it.

Reaction score
It's all good as long as we get our goods!

As for the Barge, I'm excited for its arrival, nervous the box will have gone through war during shipping, and still clueless as to where I'm putting it.
Didn't you buy two?

Well, I received shipping notification from Hasbro Pulse order... Two BS6 Archive Boba Fetts. Scheduled to arrive on Friday.

Reaction score
The issue for me is going to be somebody being home to sign for my barge.
Yeah I'm in the same boat that is going to be a problem definitely don't want to have a box that big left by the front door anyways but we'll have to get a tracking # and find out what day somebody needs to be there.

Reaction score

Power/60 Target looks like someone cleaned out your leftovers this afternoon nothing new there now.

Reaction score
Are you only finding single cases?
Yes. Only single cases at the two stores I visited.

My wife also found a single Padme at the Tempe Marketplace Target on her way home about 20 minutes ago.

Reaction score
A bunch of the fan sites are taking votes on ESB characters to add to the BS6 line. Rebelscum has a limited list to choose from, which I think is wrong. Yodasnews allows you to send in any character via email.

Reaction score
So who wants to be my Barge Buddy?
https://www.hasbrolab.com/assets/barge-inst-far.pdf?_ke=eyJrbF9lbWFpbCI6ICJncmVlZG83MzdAaG90bWFpbC5jb20iLCAia2xfY29tcGFueV9pZCI6ICJMcXB2V1MifQ==

Otherwise I think I can find some free child labor in the vicinity hehe.
I'm just trying to figure out if it arrives during the day if I will be able to wait until Desiree gets home before I open it. I will probably just sit there staring at the box for hours waiting for her.

Just a guess, but I have a feeling my two barges will arrive on separate days. I doubt Hasbro went through and set up multiple shipments to be timed the same for everyone that ordered. Especially if they have two different order numbers like I do.

Reaction score
Posted at JTA...

JediTempleArchives said:
Star Wars News Net reports that an Obi-Wan Kenobi series will come to Disney+. According to SWNN, Obi-Wan would be a limited series with up to six episodes. However, there is no official confirmation yet, so treat this as a rumor for now.
But if there will be an Obi-Wan series, it would show that Disney and Lucasfilm do listen to fans, since many in the fandom asked for more live action Obi-Wan for quite some time now. It may well be that Disney feels that a movie might be a risk, after Solo flopped at the box office, not knowing perhaps if general audiences would like to see an Obi-Wan movie as well. By making Obi-Wan a Disney+ series the production will not only have a somewhat smaller budget, but Disney can also be certain that Star Wars fans will now have one more reason to subscribe to the service. Obi-Wan would be the third exclusive Disney+ Star Wars series on top of the all new season of The Clone Wars. What are your thoughts? Would you be happy about a limited Obi-Wan series? A series does give more time to develop characters and plot than a movie. Which is certainly one of the advantages of a tv show, whereas a movie would probably have been pretty much focused on action only. Leave your thoughts in the comments!
The downside to this is I have to question if Ewan McGregor would sign on for this. I REALLY don't want another person playing Obi-Wan. Ewan is the perfect actor for it.

bac

Reaction score
I'm just trying to figure out if it arrives during the day if I will be able to wait until Desiree gets home before I open it. I will probably just sit there staring at the box for hours waiting for her.

Just a guess, but I have a feeling my two barges will arrive on separate days. I doubt Hasbro went through and set up multiple shipments to be timed the same for everyone that ordered. Especially if they have two different order numbers like I do.
I have the same issue. I'll be working at home, receive the barge, and end up staring at it for hours before help arrives.

The last thing I want to do is attempt to open it myself and screw up because you really did need two people to properly free it.

Reaction score
I have the same issue. I'll be working at home, receive the barge, and end up staring at it for hours before help arrives.

The last thing I want to do is attempt to open it myself and screw up because you really did need two people to properly free it.

I doubt you seriously need two people. I think it's more of a CYA thing for Hasbro. I will probably open it before Desiree gets home. She would be more excited seeing it displayed anyway.

Still not sure where I am putting it. I think once I get my current dining room project done I will be working on some sort of Sail Barge display.

Reaction score
Posted at JTA...

The downside to this is I have to question if Ewan McGregor would sign on for this. I REALLY don't want another person playing Obi-Wan. Ewan is the perfect actor for it.
That's good news "IF" it's Ewan that's in it.

Reaction score
A bunch of the fan sites are taking votes on ESB characters to add to the BS6 line. Rebelscum has a limited list to choose from, which I think is wrong. Yodasnews allows you to send in any character via email.
My top two likes were Lobot and Hoth Rebel Soldier but I went with Admiral Ozzel because I like Imperials.

Reaction score
My top two likes were Lobot and Hoth Rebel Soldier but I went with Admiral Ozzel because I like Imperials.
I chose FX-7 on Rebelscum and sent in the Imperial Probe Droid to YodasNews. I just think both would be great with a ton of articulated arms and the others will eventually be gotten to. I wanted to also choose an Ugnaught 2-pack because there are so few creatures in ESB that I thought they'd be cool.

Reaction score
Damn! I forgot to check EE's Deal of the Day yesterday and apparently it was BS3 Wave 6 that included

[FONT=&quot]1x Rose Tico[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1x Elite Praetorian Guard[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1x Luke Skywalker[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1x Stormtrooper Executioner

Only $14.99. The two army builders were enough to warrant the other two characters I don't need any more of.
[/FONT]

Reaction score
I was disappointed by Rebelscum's premade list, but honestly as long as some characters are new I'm all in.

Probe Droid would be great, I wish they would try and do a 6" scaled beast in vintage packaging.
Perhaps a wave with the Probe droid in a vintage box, and a Wampa, or Taun. One can only dream.

on a random note, lots of rumors popping up about episode IX toys. Including an all new large Falcon, and a larger Y-wing.
Yakface has said he knows about some of these but can't comment yet. Surprised there was no EP IX preview goods with it being 9 months away.

Reaction score
Desiree and I met up with a bunch of people yesterday at the Renaissance Festival. It was Time Travel Weekend, so many people were dressed in non-period attire including the Mercs and 501st. We has some friends there from the Mercs, but we didn't want to be there in our armor. Instead we were pirates and enjoying adult beverages which the Mercs aren't allowed to do while in costume.

Reaction score
My BS6 Archive Boba Fetts are finally out for delivery. They were supposed to arrive on Friday, but I had my doubts when I saw they were still in PA on Thursday. Then last night the Fed Ex site showed tomorrow as the delivery date, but something changed as they're being delivered today.

LATE STORE POST

Yesterday we went to iPic to see the latest How to Train Your Dragon movie and stopped by the 101 & Frank Lloyd Wright Target. They had three Gamorrean Guards on the shelf. I left them all.

We also hit McClintock & Baseline and Germann & Gilbert Targets to find nothing worthwhile.

Reaction score
I had heard that there were some problem with shipments from Hasbro Pulse showing up with the wrong items (kind of Kmart style). I just received my shipment and I received both Archive Boba Fetts and with a quick inspection, they look to be mint. So all is good with my first order.