Phoenix Board # 188: NYC Toy Fair Reveals

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
Posted on Yakface...

Yakface said:

Hasbro has relaunched their online store now called Hasbro Pulse. There you can find the newest items like wave 4 of the Vintage Collection in stock and ready to ship! Also, if you make a purchase before Feb. 23, you are enrolled in their Hasbro Pulse Premium program where you are eligible for free shipping, monthly discounts and other perks. After Feb. 23, an $50 annual fee will be required.
And they have FREE shipping until February 23rd.

The search engine sucks. If you type "Quay" it switches it to "Way" as soon as you press Enter and it changes "Tolsite" to "Tools". In any case no Quay Tolsite on their site and so far I am not seeing anything I need. I would like to find something to qualify for the Pulse Premium program. They do have a Vintage Scariff Trooper, but I have to say after yesterday that's a bit lower on my priorities now. I need to compare the two and see how different they are.

UPDATE: They did have the BS6 Archive Boba Fett on their site, which I have not seen at retail yet, so I ordered two. I wanted one to possibly open and one to keep carded. Shipping was free. I had to recreate my account. It did not have me listed anymore, which seems odd.

2nd UPDATE: I had emailed Hasbro this morning letting them know about the problems I had with their search engine, that I had to create a new account and to verify I was registered with the Premium program since there was nothing stating that I was. I just received an email back and I definitely was registered and they're passing on my feedback to the technical crew.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wow! You were not kidding. Desiree swung by on her way home from work and I was afraid all the Scarif and Death Troopers would be gone by the time she got there. Then she sent me these pictures.

She counted at least 60 Scarif troopers and I don't think that included what was in the closed boxes.

I have no idea how many she is coming home with. I told her to get what she felt comfortable with.

UPDATE: So Desiree just got home and she picked me up 18 Scarif Troopers and 4 Death Troopers. Then she tells me they're doing some promotion and you get to spin the wheel and get so many dollars off your next purchase. She landed on $25, so she's going back tomorrow to get more. WOW!!!

Thx for the info ThorOakenfelder and Ares_X - The wife and I went and checked it out today. We asked what the rules were before we bought anything with that spin wheel. Spend $50 and then you get to do a spin, if you land on the flag you get $25 and that is the highest. My wife picked up 7 Death Troopers and 3 Scarif Troopers and spun the wheel and won $5. I picked up 10 Scarif Troopers and won $20 on the wheel (Woo Hoo). So if I go back and pick up my 5 free figs that would give me 25 figs for $100 $4 a piece(great deal).

Reaction score
CC/Baseline WM - Picked up the only GoA Stormtrooper they had, looks like all GoA figures are on sale @ WM right now for $7.

Stapley/Baseline WM no GoA Stormtroopers and passed on the new cartoon figures. I didn't have time to check any other WM'S for Stormtroopers.

Reaction score
Thx for the info ThorOakenfelder and Ares_X - The wife and I went and checked it out today. We asked what the rules were before we bought anything with that spin wheel. Spend $50 and then you get to do a spin, if you land on the flag you get $25 and that is the highest. My wife picked up 7 Death Troopers and 3 Scarif Troopers and spun the wheel and won $5. I picked up 10 Scarif Troopers and won $20 on the wheel (Woo Hoo). So if I go back and pick up my 5 free figs that would give me 25 figs for $100 $4 a piece(great deal).

Desiree went back again today on her way home. She used the $25 prize ticket thing and picked me up two more Scarif Troopers and three more Death Troopers. So I ended up with a total of 20 Scarif Troopers and 6 Death Troopers.

Now I need to start thinking about doing a Scarif dio. I still need to do my Jedha dio too. I need more time.

Reaction score
Apparently I can't count. I ended up with 18 Scarif Troopers and 7 Death Troopers. I'm bummed. I wanted 20 Scarif Troopers. So I ended up with the same amount of figures as Slave I and apparently paid the same prices since Desiree got 5 of them for free.

Reaction score
CC/Baseline WM - Picked up the only GoA Stormtrooper they had, looks like all GoA figures are on sale @ WM right now for $7.

Stapley/Baseline WM no GoA Stormtroopers and passed on the new cartoon figures. I didn't have time to check any other WM'S for Stormtroopers.

They had two of these at Germann & Gilbert Target the other day, but not for $7.

bac

Reaction score
Apparently I can't count. I ended up with 18 Scarif Troopers and 7 Death Troopers. I'm bummed. I wanted 20 Scarif Troopers. So I ended up with the same amount of figures as Slave I and apparently paid the same prices since Desiree got 5 of them for free.
I'm a little slow on this. Are there any Scarif or Death Troopers left?

Reaction score
Lovin' my new Imperial troops!

I hate how much cardboard there was to toss out. It did go into the recycle bin.

I just compared the Shore Troopers to the Vintage Shore Troopers I just recently bought and they are essentially the same. The only difference I found was the Vintage version has silver markings on their blasters. Had I any idea I would be getting all of these I would've skipped the Vintage versions.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
Yakface is now stating the U.S. orders of the Sail Barge will ship March 4th. I realize it's only 4 days later than originally promised, but I think it's kind of sad they're going to miss the date.

They also reported that UK and Australia will be able to order in March.

bac

Reaction score
Yakface is now stating the U.S. orders of the Sail Barge will ship March 4th. I realize it's only 4 days later than originally promised, but I think it's kind of sad they're going to miss the date.
I'm actually shocked they came so close to the date. There are probably a million things that could have caused even a slight delay. Not bad forecasting a year out.

Kind of surprised no new HasLab for any brand was announced. Hasbro might be waiting to see how the Barge does end-to-end with returns and selling internationally via eBay with what will probably be astronomical shipping via their Global Shipping program.

Reaction score
Pre-order is up at Entertainment Earth for the Vintage Gamorrean Guard.

$14.99

I would like to get about 3-4 more of these, but don't want to pay the shipping and free shipping doesn't kick in until $79.

Does anyone know if these are an online exclusive or will these hit retail as well?

Reaction score
The Skiff Guard 3-pack is also up for pre-order and this one irritates me since they packed in two figures I already have multiple of and will have to buy them just to get the one new Vedain figure.

There's no mention of exclusivity, so I'm guessing this will be available at retail.

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
Last edited:

bac

Reaction score
HasbroPulse has the skiff listed again for pre-order, but Amazon is the better way to go in my opinion.
I could have gone either way and ultimately went HasbroPulse for the sole reason of showing them I/we approve of their apparent plan for 2019: release a large high quality anchor item and surround it with equally high quality secondary items.