Phoenix Board # 188: NYC Toy Fair Reveals

Reaction score
I received the Pop! Jango Fett and the 5 Vintage First Order Stormtroopers I ordered off eBay.

Desert Trooper- I saved the box for Jango just in case you need it. The lip of the box has a bend in it, but when it's closed you can't tell. Is that mint enough or are you a stickler for a perfect box?
Thanks for saving the box for me. The box condition sounds fine since the bend isn't visible.

bac

Reaction score
THANKS! They also had the Shore Trooper (non-mint), so I ordered all the ones you mentioned, plus two Shore Troopers.
I picked up a Leia and a couple more Shore Troopers. Thx Kielbassa for the tip. Onto Wave 5.

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
I sent an email to HasLab early this morning to see if they were still on track for the sail barge shipments. This was the response I just received...

HasLab said:
Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your order. That is correct we are still expecting orders to start shipping around February 28[SUP]th[/SUP], 2019. You may want to check your spam/junk mail filters for any updates. If you have any other questions or require additional assistance, please feel free to reach back out to us.

Reaction score
My Dorkside order shipped too.

OFF TOPIC: Is anyone here watching the new show Deadly Class on SyFy? It's only 2 episodes in. The main character's actor (Benjamin Wadsworth) would've made a good young Han Solo.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just received the Koto ArtFX FO Stormtrooper. I like this one better than the Praetorian Guards because he has an articulated neck, chest and swivel waist, which allows for more options when posing. The normal ArtFX FO Stormtroopers are the same way.

Reaction score
Wow!!!

BBTS has BS6 Wave 6 for $49.99. Considering one figure is normally $20 this is worth it just considering you get Rex, a Stormtrooper and an Imperial Guard.

They actually have a number of great deals on BS6 figures.

Plus $4 flat rate shipping.
Thanks for that tip. Ordered them last night. And today got an email that they are starting to process (they were pre-order yesterday).

Reaction score
Not collecting much anymore, but still enjoy seeing what's out there and will pick something up now and then. My kids love playing with the 6" figs so couldn't pass that up.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I received my order of the latest Vintage wave from Dorkside Toys. There was a Shore Trooper that had a pretty decent card, but most of them had some pretty significant bends/creases in the card. Didn't care since I open anyway and I got them at a good discount.

Yakface is a HUGE improvement over previous versions. He has an articulated head and neck.

Klaatu is decent, but at a glance he doesn't look that much better than previous ones. He does have nice articulation being a VC figure. I've never been a huge fan of this character anyway, so it's hard to get excited about him.

Boushh is also nicely done and the face on mine looks wonderful. She has a cloth cape, but it's stitched down well, so it doesn't look out of place. I didn't even realize it was cloth until I got her out of the packaging.

Hoping to find more Shore Troopers at retail.

Reaction score
LootCrate/Heroes & Villains limited edition Endor Crate

$59.99 + shipping

I will more than likely skip this one. They ask for your hoodie size, so you will definitely be receiving a hoodie. Maybe it will look like an Ewok.

bac

Reaction score
The Yakface figure that comes with the Sail Barge are already up on eBay for auction. This one has 40 bids and is already at $305. I hope this continues because I plan to sell mine as well.
When to list is the question. There will be a flood of them on eBay once the Barge starts arriving. Do you go early, or hope that added online exposure from reviews, etc. drives the price higher? hmmm

I've been waffling on whether to keep mine or not.

Reaction score
When to list is the question. There will be a flood of them on eBay once the Barge starts arriving. Do you go early, or hope that added online exposure from reviews, etc. drives the price higher? hmmm

I've been waffling on whether to keep mine or not.
Yeah. Desiree thinks I should hold if I decide to sell my extra barge. I already saw one listed at almost $1600.

Reaction score
Hello everyone! It's been a while but wanted to stop by and say hi :D

Excited for the Barge coming in soon. I also want to get my hands on the new VC wave with Yakface and Klaatu, I know they are online already for pre-order but I don't think that they have hit the brick & mortar stores yet right?

Hope everyone is doing fine.

Reaction score
Hello everyone! It's been a while but wanted to stop by and say hi :D

Excited for the Barge coming in soon. I also want to get my hands on the new VC wave with Yakface and Klaatu, I know they are online already for pre-order but I don't think that they have hit the brick & mortar stores yet right?

Hope everyone is doing fine.
Been wondering what's been up with you.

Reaction score
I’ve been lurking, getting excited for the Barge. I see Preorders on eBay that have sold for 1500$. The question is to tap into that with the extra Barge, or wait till it releases. I feel like the hype might be part of the high price. Only thing bad about doing a pre-order/sell is expecting a mint box of that size to make it through shipping.

Reaction score
HotTopic.com has Pop! Electrocuted Vader, Endor Han, Endor Leia and General Lando in stock for $9 each. I ordered all of them except Vader since I want to hold for the glow-in-the-dark version.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I picked up the Pop! Endor 3PO/Logray Movie Moment at Chandler Mall BoxLunch this morning. They had 4 of them.

Reaction score
Hottopic.com has the POP! Encounter on Endor Movie Moment for 20% off. I missed this a few days ago when it was 30% off; it sold out while I was trying to order.

It looks like the TVC Mimban Stormy was briefly back in stock at Walmart.com but I missed it again. At least I hit one of the two.

Reaction score
Hottopic.com has the POP! Encounter on Endor Movie Moment for 20% off. I missed this a few days ago when it was 30% off; it sold out while I was trying to order.

Thanks! I just ordered it along with the other RoTJ Pop!s I ordered the other day and qualified for free shipping, so I will just call and cancel the previous order once it arrives at the store.

Reaction score
Yakface is reporting a new line called Hyperreal, that’s more articulated than the Blackseries, but also larger scale (but not 1/6th) Current UPC in walmart system seems to confirm the report..

http://yakfaceforums.com/main/2019/02/05/rumor-report-move-over-photo-real-here-comes-hyperreal/

At 50$ each, probably not gonna be a huge line. But super articulated like SHfiguarts will probably get me to buy em all.
This seems like a bad idea to me. Introducing too many scales is not good and the price point is too high for the casual collector to pick up in stores.

Reaction score
I'll have to see the Hyperreal figures in person before I make a decision, but I wasn't enthused when I first read the story. I collect too many lines as it is and don't really want to start another; I may pick up select figures, like Vader, if they look good.

Reaction score

It looks like the TVC Mimban Stormy was briefly back in stock at Walmart.com but I missed it again. At least I hit one of the two.

When I checked the Stormy was back in stock I ordered three one for you one for me and one for MK. The order went through and I got charged we'll see if it ships ( I did free store pickup).

Reaction score
From Anovos...

Anovos said:
We are excited to let you know that a very limited number of spots have come open from original buyers dropping out during the course of product development. These spots are being offered to the interest list exclusively. We will be sending out invitations to the interest list on a first-come, first-served basis. If you are receiving this, then you are in the next wave to be offered one of these coveted spots!

Due to the immense popularity of this kit, you will only have 48 hours to confirm your reservation via the link below:

Anovos First Order Stormtrooper kit

$850 without helmet
$1000 with helmet

Delivery estimate is Fall 2019, which means sometime late 2020.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yakface is reporting a new line called Hyperreal, that’s more articulated than the Blackseries, but also larger scale (but not 1/6th) Current UPC in walmart system seems to confirm the report..

http://yakfaceforums.com/main/2019/02/05/rumor-report-move-over-photo-real-here-comes-hyperreal/

At 50$ each, probably not gonna be a huge line. But super articulated like SHfiguarts will probably get me to buy em all.

Apparently Yakface screwed up with the price and it's actually going to be about $80.

Yakface said:
Hasbro will soon be officially announcing a new segment of Black Series figures called “HyperReal” – rumor has it that these figures are even more articulated than the current Black Series line and they are a larger scale. For further evidence supporting the rumor of this line, we’ve had in our in our Master List of UPCs/SKUs a item called Darth Vader (E4) Action Figure with a $49.99 $79.99 price point. Today, Brickseek updated that listing to include the Hyperreal reference and you can see it on Walmart.com shown as “SW E4 BL HYPERREAL DARTH VADER”. The dimensions of the packaging also allude to a larger scale than the current 6″ Black Series line.
$80 is WAY too much for the casual collector and possibly even hardcore collectors. I guess we'll have to wait and see exactly what they are.