Phoenix Board # 188: NYC Toy Fair Reveals

Reaction score
Fresh new thread mmmmmmhhhhh, can you smell it?

A few posts from the last thread:

BS6 Beckett is available on Amazon for $19.99, but it won't be in stock until 10/12.

I just ordered one.

I completely forgot to mention because I was so excited about finding the bashed up AT-DT at San Tan Walmart... They also had two Vintage TIE Fighters on the bottom shelf.

It's also now available online, but has a weird picture.

Reaction score
The Disney Elite Series GNK/Power Droid looked greenish to me when I watched the video on Youtube. A forum member posted a link in the Elite Series-Die Cast Action Figures thread in the Disney Forum.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
Disney has the ToyBox Millennium Falcon available for $79.95.

Man, does this thing suck. I am trying to figure out why it costs so much other than it being Disney and Star Wars. There is zero details on this thing and pretty much no play features. The scale is about the worst we've ever seen in comparison to the figures. I'm not seeing anything about it that I find appealing.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That Falcon is bad. It reminds me of the old McDonalds toys from The Clone Wars, where they just had a huge head sticking out of the top of the vehicles.

Has anyone seen the Mimban Stormtrooper on the East Side yet? I got the SH Figuarts Mimban trooper, and it's fine, but I still want the Hasbro version.

Or, any more Veers on this side to town? I was able to snag a Piett on Amazon for $22 + free shipping and I would love to have General Veers to go with him.

Reaction score
No Mimban Stormtroopers so far. I've been watching Brickseek like a hawk.

The Walmart on Market St got a bunch of the Bespin Han wave last night, though. Like several cases worth.

Reaction score
That Falcon is bad. It reminds me of the old McDonalds toys from The Clone Wars, where they just had a huge head sticking out of the top of the vehicles.

Has anyone seen the Mimban Stormtrooper on the East Side yet? I got the SH Figuarts Mimban trooper, and it's fine, but I still want the Hasbro version.

Or, any more Veers on this side to town? I was able to snag a Piett on Amazon for $22 + free shipping and I would love to have General Veers to go with him.
There were four General Veers at Higley & Williamsfield Walgreens late Saturday night at closing.

I've been watching Brickseek for the Stormtroopers as well and they don't look like they've hit AZ yet.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm not very impressed with the first few episodes of the Resistance new show. One character is super annoying man I miss the Clone Wars.

Reaction score
This is the same wave that has Beckett in it, right? That figures since I just ordered him off Amazon. Who else is in that wave?
Correct. This is the case breakdown:

SW E8 REY ISLAND JOURNEY x1
SW E4 GRAND MOFF TARKIN x1
SW S RANGE TROOPER x1
SW S LANDO CALRISSIAN x1
SW S QIRA CORELLIA x1
SW S TOBIAS BECKETT x1
SW R1 REBEL FLEET TROOPER x1
SW E5 HAN SOLO BESPIN x1

The new figures are Bespin Han, Rebel Trooper, and Beckett.

Reaction score
I'm not very impressed with the first few episodes of the Resistance new show. One character is super annoying man I miss the Clone Wars.

Is it the MAIN character? I just watched the first episode.

There were other annoying characters too. I think the only ones I liked were the guy with the dreads and BB-8. Whoever wrote the episode knows nothing about physics considering what he had BB-8 doing towards the end.

Not sure I will watch more. I closed my browser after that because I couldn't listen to it any longer.

Reaction score
Correct. This is the case breakdown:

SW E8 REY ISLAND JOURNEY x1
SW E4 GRAND MOFF TARKIN x1
SW S RANGE TROOPER x1
SW S LANDO CALRISSIAN x1
SW S QIRA CORELLIA x1
SW S TOBIAS BECKETT x1
SW R1 REBEL FLEET TROOPER x1
SW E5 HAN SOLO BESPIN x1

The new figures are Bespin Han, Rebel Trooper, and Beckett.
Cool! I have everyone else and not in a huge hurry to get Beckett, so I may just keep my Amazon order.

I've been too busy working on Halloween to be running around.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Is it the MAIN character? I just watched the first episode.

There were other annoying characters too. I think the only ones I liked were the guy with the dreads and BB-8. Whoever wrote the episode knows nothing about physics considering what he had BB-8 doing towards the end.

Not sure I will watch more. I closed my browser after that because I couldn't listen to it any longer.

Neeku is the one that really annoyed me. I just don't know who is in charge or responsible for this hot mess of a show. They could have hired a Fanboy to come up with something better.

Reaction score
Neeku is the one that really annoyed me. I just don't know who is in charge or responsible for this hot mess of a show. They could have hired a Fanboy to come up with something better.
Yeah, I was not a fan of him either.

The answer to your question would be Dave Filoni and approved by Kathleen Kennedy. This is another reason she needs to go and I'm very sorry her contract was renewed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, I was not a fan of him either.

The answer to your question would be Dave Filoni and approved by Kathleen Kennedy. This is another reason she needs to go and I'm very sorry her contract was renewed.

It's the last thing they need right now is another flop to tarnish the Star Wars name or put it in a negative light.

bac

Reaction score
I watched the first episode with my son. He chuckled exactly twice and thought it was just OK.

It didn't grab him like other A-Class animated series (Trollhunters, Ninjago, Dreamworks Dragons, etc)

The mix of a seedy outpost with a bar and kid humor is just bizarre.

Reaction score
My nearby Walmart (Signal Butte) showed an increase of 8 in Black Series stock, so I hustled over there only to be disappointed to find that they received a case of the Bespin Han wave.

They also had two AT-DTs and the latest wave of Solo two-packs (Muddy Han & Chewie and Rebolt and Hound).

Reaction score
My nearby Walmart (Signal Butte) showed an increase of 8 in Black Series stock, so I hustled over there only to be disappointed to find that they received a case of the Bespin Han wave.

They also had two AT-DTs and the latest wave of Solo two-packs (Muddy Han & Chewie and Rebolt and Hound).
Yeah I have been hitting a few WM's too at night looking for them but have had no luck.

BIG THX for the heads up I was out and saw that and headed over to get the 2 packs and another AT-DT. I was very happy not to go home empty handed, thx again Ham_Salad.

Reaction score
My BS6 Beckett shipped earlier than expected and is scheduled to arrive today.

Sounds like I need to get out to some Walmarts to find the Mimban Han & Chewie 2-packs. Not concerned with another AT-DT. The more I look at it, the more I am disappointed in it. It's not very accurate at all. I would possibly buy another on clearance, but not at full price.

Reaction score
Entertainment Earth exclusives on Amazon for better prices.

UPDATE: Keep a close eye on these, I went to order two Flame Troopers and when I clicked on it the price went from $7.98 to $8. When I went back to the original page the price had changed to $8. Not worried about a 4 cent difference, but it could be more depending on what's going on. I also noticed Threnalli went from $9.88 to $9.86 when I refreshed.

I would like another Threnalli, but waiting to see if he drops lower.

Last edited:

bac

Reaction score
Not concerned with another AT-DT. The more I look at it, the more I am disappointed in it. It's not very accurate at all. I would possibly buy another on clearance, but not at full price.
That was my conclusion after one look at a picture of it. The design was excessively compromised to hit a price point. Pass.

bac

Reaction score

That is my Walmart as well. Did you notice if the TVC Ties are on the shelf?

Reaction score
Germann & Gilbert Target- About 5-6 Imperial multi-packs, a number of BS6 Leias and Molochs. Grabbed two multi-packs and Leia to qualify for the $25 off and will return them with my old receipts.

Germann & Gilbert Walmart- One AT-DT. No Han & Chewie 2-packs.

AZ Ave & Pecos Walmart- Two AT-DTs. No Han & Chewie 2-packs.

McQueen & Riggs Fry's Marketplace- They're in the middle of remodeling the store and making it more like the larger stores, which I hate because it's too spread out and now the toy area is a single aisle with Startwars taking up maybe 3 pegs at most.

McQueen & Ocotillo Walgreen's- No Pop! Obi-Wans. They did have the 5 POA 6" Han, Jedi Luke and Maul on sale Buy 2 get one free ($6.99 each). I passed.

Gilbert & Riggs Walgreen's- No Pop! Obi-Wans. One BS6 Veers.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hasbro nailed it with the BS6 Beckett figure. The face is a dead on match to Woody. The holsters work well at fitting both of his pistols. The jacket is the perfect thickness to make it believable, but not too stiff to where it can't move. The fact that they made his hair a separate piece was perfect. I think this is an excellent figure.

Reaction score
Still no luck with the Mimban Stormtooper here. I don't even see any on on ebay from local scalpers.

No luck with the 2-packs either.

Reaction score
That is my Walmart as well. Did you notice if the TVC Ties are on the shelf?
I have not seen the vintage TIE at this Walmart. However, I do recall seeing them last week at the Apache Junction store, but they were not in the Star Wars aisle.

Reaction score
Comparing my Brickseek screen shot from Sunday, and what it shows now, the following two stores received Black Series stock:

Walmart Supercenter #3799
240 W Baseline Rd
Mesa AZ 85210
Quantity: 19 (Up from 12)

Walmart Supercenter #2482
857 N Dobson Rd
Mesa AZ 85201
Quantity: 36 (Up from 3)

In all likelihood, it is more of the Bespin Han wave, but it could be the Mimban Stormtrooper. I won't be able to check these anytime soon.

Reaction score
Comparing my Brickseek screen shot from Sunday, and what it shows now, the following two stores received Black Series stock:

Walmart Supercenter #3799
240 W Baseline Rd
Mesa AZ 85210
Quantity: 19 (Up from 12)

Walmart Supercenter #2482
857 N Dobson Rd
Mesa AZ 85201
Quantity: 36 (Up from 3)

In all likelihood, it is more of the Bespin Han wave, but it could be the Mimban Stormtrooper. I won't be able to check these anytime soon.

Sounds like you've been using the BS6 SKU to check BrickSeek. I've been using the individual case SKU. Aren't these shipping as a full case?

Could you give me the BS6 SKU, just in case?

Last edited:
Reaction score
There is a difference between the BS6 Miman Stormtrooper shipping to Walmarts and the ones found in Canada. Canada gets a weathered blaster. So why has Canada been getting so lucky with the Star Wars hobby lately?

Reaction score
There is a difference between the BS6 Miman Stormtrooper shipping to Walmarts and the ones found in Canada. Canada gets a weathered blaster. So why has Canada been getting so lucky with the Star Wars hobby lately?
Because Justin Trudeau is cool? :grin:

I agree, they have been getting lots of stuff and TRU's are still open over there.

Reaction score
Sounds like you've been using the BS6 SKU to check BrickSeek. I've been using the individual case SKU. Aren't these shipping as a full case?

Could you give me the BS6 SKU, just in case?
BS6 SKU s 45057862.

I've been using it because everyone who's found the trooper using Brickseek has said it shows under the general assortment, despite having its own SKU.

Reaction score
Didn't see anything new at the Superstition Springs or the Greenfield/McKellips Walmart's tonight.

Reaction score
Walmart 35thAve/Southern- They got six cases of BS6 figures, all Tobias Beckett/Fleet Trooper wave, back to full price (formerly $1). I left them all. No Mimban troopers.
They also had another case of wave 2 Vintage, I grabbed the Tank Driver left the rest.
Battle on Crait was clearance to $5, I grabbed all 5.
Hyperdrive BB-8 clearanced to $19, I grabbed the last one, I could be wrong but I think this will scale well with the 18" Jakks Big-Figs, which I have a lot of.
They had a $25 tag for the BS Vader Helmet but were sold out.