Phoenix Board # 187: 2019 SDCC What's in Store?

Reaction score
That GG Droid statue for The Star Wars Show reminds me of the maquette they made for the Republic Commando video game. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was produced for the cast and some extras were put online.

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
I received the ForceLink TIE Fighter today. I popped the box open, but haven't removed anything yet. So far I am not impressed. JTA made it sound like a great item in their review, but the wings on this thing are bendable and seem too thin. I want to look it over some more before I make a decision, but I may be returning it and just wait for the expensive Vintage version.

It's not like I'm in dire need of a TIE Fighter. I have multiples in all sizes packed away and at least two of the large wing version still in box.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Whoa! $160?! Hard pass. Is that a Gentle Giant product?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Today I picked up my pre-order Funko POP! Movie Moments Clash on The Supremacy Rey vs. Praetorian Guard and Kylo vs. Praetorian Guard at Gamestop.

While at GS, I noticed a couple of Original Concept Series Star Wars Hot Wheels; I don't know if these have been mentioned here before so I apologize if I'm repeating old news. The Red Mountain Gamestop had Concept TIE and X-Wing fighters for $4.99; no Millennium Falcon, Star Destroyer or Landspeeder; The only ones I could find on ebay were the fighters and Falcon so the Star Destroyer and Landspeeder may not have been released yet. I don't collect Hot Wheels but I may pick up a set of these.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I saw the TBS6 Enfys Nest an Swoop Bike at SS Target. I think Enfys was put put early because it is in the same spot as the tag for the Dewback and Sandtrooper. I think most AZ TBS collectors have already pre-ordered so I didn't stash. I didn't pick one up yet but will be getting Enfys somewhere down the road.

Speaking of stashing, if anyone comes across these Funko POP! ad icons: Sugar Bear, Cap'n Crunch, Bazooka Joe and The Noid, can you stash or let me know where you found them? The Target's around me are playing that stupid and annoying set date game with these; they have already reset the collectors wall and these figures are out in the stores all over the country except for the two nearest stores to me.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Desiree came home after stopping at Gilbert & Germann Target after work and bought me a small plush Porg with two baby Porgs. I had seen it before, but decided to pass on it because it's $15. Then she pulls out a BS6 Gamorrean Guard. She said it was the only one. WOO HOO!!!

Reaction score
Glad you finally got the Gamorrean Ares!

The Movie Moments aren't exclusive to GS; I had put my order in months ago. They are both available on Amazon and the Rey set is at Entertainment Earth but the Kylo set is out of stock there. I haven't checked anywhere else, but HT and others should probably be getting these in soon.

Reaction score
Glad you finally got the Gamorrean Ares!

The Movie Moments aren't exclusive to GS; I had put my order in months ago. They are both available on Amazon and the Rey set is at Entertainment Earth but the Kylo set is out of stock there. I haven't checked anywhere else, but HT and others should probably be getting these in soon.
Thanks! I just pre-ordered from Amazon. I like doing that because if the price goes down at any point for any reason, I get the cheapest price. It saved me like $15 on BS6 Enfy Nest with Swoop.

Reaction score
I decided to return the Force Link TIE Fighter. It doesn't look near as big in person as it did in the picture I saw online and the wings are a disappointment. They're all rubberized around the edges and they're flexible. I may get it if it hits clearance, but it's not worth $40.

Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about this...

Some fan created a "I backed the barge" patch.

On one hand this is cool since it was a pretty substantial moment for me that went on for months and I also plan to make a biker jacket/vest with all my Star Wars patches on it and this would be a cool one to include.

On the other hand, I see this as a lame attempt of someone trying to make some extra money.

It's only $8 shipped, so I may do it. UPDATE: I did.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ares-The HTS exclusives don't qualify for free shipping. Unfortunately, they don't qualify for any HTS promotions.

Yep. I just found that out. I tried adding a BS6 Jawa and no luck. Then I read the fine print.

THANKS for the heads up. I got my Han. Not sure it's worth $45 for a regular figure and a Mynock. That Mynock better be cool.

Reaction score
I got the Aphra set. Took some patience to get to the payment page, but it worked out.

Reaction score
I got the Aphra set. Took some patience to get to the payment page, but it worked out.
Glad to here you and Ares were able to get your orders. I tried to add Aphra to my cart after I got Han in the cart but it wasn't working, so I bought Han and came back later to get Aphra. Glad I got both but don't think I would have been disappointed if I missed out. They definitely aren't worth the price we paid though.

Reaction score
Glad to here you and Ares were able to get your orders. I tried to add Aphra to my cart after I got Han in the cart but it wasn't working, so I bought Han and came back later to get Aphra. Glad I got both but don't think I would have been disappointed if I missed out. They definitely aren't worth the price we paid though.
Considering we didn't pay gas to CA, hotel or SDCC admission fee, it was cheap, but considering I am getting a small, non-articulated hunk of plastic for an additional $25... Nope.

Reaction score
Considering we didn't pay gas to CA, hotel or SDCC admission fee, it was cheap, but considering I am getting a small, non-articulated hunk of plastic for an additional $25... Nope.
We also didn't have to stand in line for hours to get a ticket/time slot to stand in yet another line for hours at the HTS booth.

Reaction score
Not surprising to me, but this Centerpiece set is still available at HasbroToyShop.

All of the other SDCC Hasbro exclusive have sold out.

Apparently the Aphra set will be offered again today.

Last edited:
Reaction score
AZ Ave & Ocotillo Target- Lots of BS6 Enfys Nest w/ Swoop, still one Vandor-1 playset and a whole mess of BS6 Chewies.

AZ Ave & Ocotillo GameStop- The best thing they had was a Pop! Clone Wars Obi-Wan that just came out, but they wanted $12 for it, so I passed. I did get a plush Funko farm boy Luke for $1.20 in clearance. I didn't have him yet, so that was a good deal.

Reaction score
I have a ton of respect for this guy. He is in Mexico and makes his own BS6 scale vehicles and they're not CG printed. They're fabricated by hand. I love that!

He also has a YouTube channel, but it's kind of confusing to find all of his vehicles.

He does things a lot of the same ways that I do. He even used Contact Eye Drop containers as part of the cannons on the Imperial Hover Tank.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have a ton of respect for this guy. He is in Mexico and makes his own BS6 scale vehicles and they're not CG printed. They're fabricated by hand. I love that!

He also has a YouTube channel, but it's kind of confusing to find all of his vehicles.

He does things a lot of the same ways that I do. He even used Contact Eye Drop containers as part of the cannons on the Imperial Hover Tank.
I agree, those vehicles look great. Looking at the walker and tank prices they run at around $160-$174. Not bad considering they are all made by hand.

Reaction score
I missed on the 3.75" Vintage Aphra set or Monday, I logged in at around 9:25am (I was in meetings before that) and first it showed ion stock but when I got to the payment page I got the "insufficient stock" error. Oh well, I was not super eager to get it.

Reaction score
I agree, those vehicles look great. Looking at the walker and tank prices they run at around $160-$174. Not bad considering they are all made by hand.

So those prices are in Pesos, right? I saw $3000+ on some of them.

I can't tell exactly what he's using. I think in some cases it's foam core, which I would never use because for the most part it's paper. Some of it looks to be styrene though and I'm fine with that. Since I don't know Spanish, I don't know if he is mentioning what he's using. I do wished the videos were more complete. He doesn't describe any of the greeblies.

Reaction score
I missed on the 3.75" Vintage Aphra set or Monday, I logged in at around 9:25am (I was in meetings before that) and first it showed ion stock but when I got to the payment page I got the "insufficient stock" error. Oh well, I was not super eager to get it.
I got that with Han and just refreshed my cart and it went through.

Reaction score
I got shipping notice from HTS for my Aphra set.

I also ordered an R4-B0014 from shopdisney.com on Monday, and I got shipping notice for it too.

Reaction score
So those prices are in Pesos, right? I saw $3000+ on some of them.

I can't tell exactly what he's using. I think in some cases it's foam core, which I would never use because for the most part it's paper. Some of it looks to be styrene though and I'm fine with that. Since I don't know Spanish, I don't know if he is mentioning what he's using. I do wished the videos were more complete. He doesn't describe any of the greeblies.
Yes, pesos. So yes, he says he uses white styrene, he is very creative, for the snowspeeder for example, he used markers with their caps on for the back of cannon/engine, crazy glue caps for the front of the firing cannons, PETE for the windows and plastic bottle caps for the turbines for example.

Description of the Imperial walker:

Product Details
69 cm de altura - Height: 27"
Construido a mano - Handmade
Cabeza giratoria - Rotating Head
Escotilla abatible para 1 figura de 6 Pulgadas - Functional Cockpit door (can be opened) for 6" Figures
Envíos a todo el mundo a cargo del comprador - Worlwide Shipping (buyer pays)
(No incluye figuras) - Does not include figures

Reaction score
Yes, pesos. So yes, he says he uses white styrene, he is very creative, for the snowspeeder for example, he used markers with their caps on for the back of cannon/engine, crazy glue caps for the front of the firing cannons, PETE for the windows and plastic bottle caps for the turbines for example.

Product Details
Escotilla abatible para 1 figura de 6 Pulgadas - Functional Cockpit door (can be opened) for 6" Figures

I do the same kind of thing. I use all kinds of greeblies. I save everything.

You weren't around when I built my Death Star Turrets, but here's some pics that give you an idea.

Reaction score

Product Details
Oh and thanks for the translated info!!!