Phoenix Board # 187: 2019 SDCC What's in Store?

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
I may actually pick up the Solo version of the TIE Fighter. They have some great shots of it and it's bigger than the standard version. Plus the break-away parts are far cooler than the panels popping off.

Reaction score
Yakface's Instagram page is saying that the Target exclusive B6 Master Luke is now down to $9 (at least in Minnesota). I went to my Target today at lunch and they still ring at $29.99. If anybody sees one in one of the Targets in the East Valley please let me know through PM. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just watched a documentary on Netflix called "Elstree 1976" about how Star Wars affected the lives of a few lesser characters. Surprisingly David Prowse and Jeremy Bulloch were included. It was a pretty decent movie to watch and hear about some of the experiences a lot of them had and the very positive attitudes about all of it. All except one... Gold Leader. He seems very bitter that he's not a major star making major money.

Reaction score
Went to San Tan Hot Topic to pick my online orders of Pop! figures: Cad Bane, Cai Threnalli, Paige, Caretaker and Luke. I returned the Porg that I already picked up at Target.

Stopped by the Disney store and they had all TLJ Elite Diecast figures for $15 along with the electronic 10" BB-9E. I ended up picking up BB-9E. They also had electronic two-bladed Praetorian Guard weapons for $7 each, but I passed as they're definitely kid size.

San Walmart- Picked up two of the Science Xcavations sets just to check them out. I was hoping for a Zabrakian, Trandoshen or Gamorrean. Ended up with one Gamorrean and one Monkey Lizard. They're cute. I really like the containers as I think they'd work well in dioramas for storage containers.

Reaction score
Hit up half a dozen Targets and Walmarts in the east valley looking for new figs and new Solo 2 packs but had no luck anywhere.

I did pick up a few new HW character cars @ GF/60 WM.
Range Trooper
Moloch
Star Destroyer
Imperial Patrol Speeder

Still haven't found Enfys Nest or Qi'Ra.

Last edited:
Reaction score
San Walmart- Picked up two of the Science Xcavations sets just to check them out. I was hoping for a Zabrakian, Trandoshen or Gamorrean. Ended up with one Gamorrean and one Monkey Lizard. They're cute. I really like the containers as I think they'd work well in dioramas for storage containers.

Those look cool I may pick up a couple Jabba reminds me of Jack Skellington. How big are they 6 in size skulls ?? I want a couple Gam Guard skulls for Jabba's Palace either for the wall or for a Rancor dungeon.

Reaction score
I just watched a documentary on Netflix called "Elstree 1976" about how Star Wars affected the lives of a few lesser characters. Surprisingly David Prowse and Jeremy Bulloch were included. It was a pretty decent movie to watch and hear about some of the experiences a lot of them had and the very positive attitudes about all of it. All except one... Gold Leader. He seems very bitter that he's not a major star making major money.
Did you see my name in the credits?

I backed that project on Kickstarter. So you can kinda thank me for making it happen? ;)

EDIT----

Nevermind, we only got credit on the website.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Those look cool I may pick up a couple Jabba reminds me of Jack Skellington. How big are they 6 in size skulls ?? I want a couple Gam Guard skulls for Jabba's Palace either for the wall or for a Rancor dungeon.

They're all different, but I would guess the Gamorrean Guard is close to BS6 size. Hard to say since I don't have one yet. The Monkey Lizard is even bigger, so they're not at all to scale with each other. I looked online and saw there are some larger sets with a full Rancor, which I wouldn't mind having and a Tauntaun, which would be great for a Wampa cave. I may search them down. They were announced at SDCC.

Oh and wave 2 of the small sets include Porgs.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Did you see my name in the credits?

I backed that project on Kickstarter. So you can kinda thank me for making it happen? ;)

EDIT----

Nevermind, we only got credit on the website.

It is so funny you say that because I told Desiree to watch for your name. They listed a whole mess of people in alphabetical first name order and I assume it was the list of backers, so we checked, but did not see your name. Maybe you didn't back it enough to get credit in the film. Just online.

Reaction score
I knew this was coming... I just found out it's officially been announced that Jeremy Bulloch is done doing conventions. I AM SO GLAD I SAW HIM THIS YEAR. And so glad we got the group Mando pic. And so glad he gave Desiree a new Mando name. I'm going to miss meeting him, but I understand the decision. He was not doing too well.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It is so funny you say that because I told Desiree to watch for your name. They listed a whole mess of people in alphabetical first name order and I assume it was the list of backers, so we checked, but did not see your name. Maybe you didn't back it enough to get credit in the film. Just online.
Yes you had to back at this level which didn't make a lot of sense for me because I wasn't going to buy plane tickets to London for the premier.
Pledge £70 or more

2 x TICKETS TO EXCLUSIVE LONDON PREVIEW SCREENING.
Soundtrack Download.
Special thanks in film's end credits.
Limited edition DVD or Blu-Ray of the film with exclusive 2nd disc of bonus features.
Digital download of the film.
Blog access.
A thank you on our website.

ESTIMATED DELIVERYDec 2015
SHIPS TOAnywhere in the world

87 backers

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sad to hear Jeremy Bulloch is retiring but it's understandable. I was lucky enough to meet him at a toy show in Glendale years ago and he signed my Special Edition 300th figure Boba Fett; I didn't talk to him for too long but he and his wife were very nice.

Last edited:
Reaction score
HasbroToyShop has the Centerpiece Rey available. I've read reports of this showing up at GameStop and Think Geek stores. I don't think I'm going to end up buying this; I haven't heard about Kylo being released but I assume it's coming. If I wanted these, I would just buy the SDCC set.

The main RS page has a small story with a couple of pictures of a TBS6 Han Mudtrooper! scheduled for early 2019; I'm liking what Hasbro is doing with the TBS6 line.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sad to hear Jeremy Bulloch is retiring but it's understandable. I was lucky enough to meet him at a toy show in Glendale years ago and he signed my Special Edition 300th figure Boba Fett; I didn't talk to him for too long but he and his wife were very nice.
I actually had him sign both versions of the 300th figure Boba Fett. Not sure why, but I did. Glad I did now for sure. Also glad I got pictures with him, Maureen and my entire family.

Reaction score
No luck finding the Imperial multi-pack and it's not listed on Brickseek at any Targets remotely near me.

Germann & Gilbert Target- Two Ultimate Co-pilot Chewies ($129.99). Glad I bought this when I did at GameStop with the discount. Picked up an interactive Jack Jack on clearance. They had an awesome Pop! Jurassic Park T-Rex, but it was $30 and I couldn't justify it, but I took a picture and Desiree really like it too, so we may end up with it.

AZ Ave & Ocotillo Target- Vandor-1 playset. This was surprisingly heavy considering it's mostly cardboard. They had a number of BS6 Chewies, a Jawa and a Praetorian Guard, which surprised me. Also a bunch of endcaps with clearance and a clearance aisle. I was week and grabbed the last two ROTJ 3-packs.

Reaction score
The Imperial multi pack looks great. Hopefully, it will hit this week.

Ares-I bought the POP! T-Rex; I wasn't sure if I wanted it but when I saw it in person, I thought it was too cool to pass up.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I ordered a set of Han's dice that went up for pre-order this morning. $19.99 + FREE shipping. I figured they'd look cool hanging next to my DL-44.

No idea when they're supposed to ship. There's no indication of a date on their product page. I have emailed them asking.

UPDATE: They have no idea when it's going to ship.

Lauren at Zavvi said:
Unfortunately, sometimes, we do not always have estimates of release dates. I am so sorry about this!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I ordered a set of Han's dice that went up for pre-order this morning. $19.99 + FREE shipping. I figured they'd look cool hanging next to my DL-44.

No idea when they're supposed to ship. There's no indication of a date on their product page. I have emailed them asking.

UPDATE: They have no idea when it's going to ship.
I bought some from a guy on the RPF that had a run produced about 3 days after the movie was out. Now there are tons of people doing them.
They are $10 more but you can bet being an RPF member they are more accurate and better quality than most. He is now selling them on Etsy.com

He also sells a "Death Star Plans Data Disk" from Rogue One that looks great that I might get someplace down the road.
He has a few cool prop replicas from different movies.

Reaction score
Oh, man I was on the road today in that area, but not on the boards to know. I could have picked them up for you Ares. Sorry.
And my previous post was composed this morning right after you post about the dice and I never hit the post button. It's been one of those days.

Reaction score
flw had a case this afternoon.

I left 2, I have an extra if anyone needs one. I'm in west valley.
FLW/101- I grabbed the two after work.

I almost didn't go, because Brickseek said they were out of stock. Brickseek said all the Targets in my radius were out of stock. Brickseek hasn't been accurate lately so I had an employee at Pavillions Target run the DPCI for me and there were a handful of stores that showed 1 or 2 stock, including FLW/101.

Reaction score
FLW/101- I grabbed the two after work.

I almost didn't go, because Brickseek said they were out of stock. Brickseek said all the Targets in my radius were out of stock. Brickseek hasn't been accurate lately so I had an employee at Pavillions Target run the DPCI for me and there were a handful of stores that showed 1 or 2 stock, including FLW/101.

I was going to do that when I was out Monday, but there was a huge line at customer service. I probably should've anyway.

Reaction score
I bought some from a guy on the RPF that had a run produced about 3 days after the movie was out. Now there are tons of people doing them.
They are $10 more but you can bet being an RPF member they are more accurate and better quality than most. He is now selling them on Etsy.com

He also sells a "Death Star Plans Data Disk" from Rogue One that looks great that I might get someplace down the road.
He has a few cool prop replicas from different movies.

I was going to comment on this last night saying that I wanted the licensed version and then I wondered if what I ordered was actually licensed since it's not stated anywhere on the product page. So I contacted them and according to the response, it is.

Zavvi said:
Thanks for getting in touch about your order.
I am very sorry this information is not clearer on site. I can confirm thisitem is fully licensed by Lucasfilm.

If there is anything else we can help with please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

Lyle

Zavvi Team
The other thing is that the one you listed would be an additional $15 after shipping. The one I ordered was $19.99. No tax. No shipping. So I'm good for now. The one you posted does look good though.

UPDATE: Actually I did see on the product page where it states "Officially licensed by Lucasfilm". I'm wondering if that was added after they received my email last night. The print on the box seems very questionable.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Target.com has the new Solo TIE Fighter up for order. It's $39.99.

I just ordered one with the Redcard and it came to $40.95 after tax. It's due to arrive on Friday.

I seriously have to wonder why they are releasing this so close to the release of the Vintage TIE Fighter we're supposed to get soon.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was going to comment on this last night saying that I wanted the licensed version and then I wondered if what I ordered was actually licensed since it's not stated anywhere on the product page. So I contacted them and according to the response, it is.

The other thing is that the one you listed would be an additional $15 after shipping. The one I ordered was $19.99. No tax. No shipping. So I'm good for now. The one you posted does look good though.

UPDATE: Actually I did see on the product page where it states "Officially licensed by Lucasfilm". I'm wondering if that was added after they received my email last night. The print on the box seems very questionable.

What I don't understand about this is why is this coming out now so late after the movie release. AMC had replica dice for their fan events on their Thursday release night events.
Lucasfilm licensing seems to be off of their game on getting this out. Especially considering the dice actually played prominently in The Last Jedi also.

Reaction score
What I don't understand about this is why is this coming out now so late after the movie release. AMC had replica dice for their fan events on their Thursday release night events.
Lucasfilm licensing seems to be off of their game on getting this out. Especially considering the dice actually played prominently in The Last Jedi also.

Agreed! It may have been something with the company that has the license or manufacturing. I mean they can't even tell me an estimated date on when these are supposed to ship. If it's longer than a couple of months I will probably cancel the order.

Reaction score
I made a few more changes to Bobber Fett over the weekend and today...

New grips. The old ones looked out of place and too much like something from Spider-Man. I think these fit the theme much better.

I painted the swingarm, swingarm support and back wheel. Also re-wrapped the exhaust in new exhaust wrap. This stuff is made from volcanic rock and guaranteed not to fade. I preferred the color of the other more, but there were some areas that had lost all dye and had turned white.

Completed the jetpack-style exhaust rear turn signals. I haven't ridden with them yet. Hopefully they're going to hold up.

And I created new, more authentic looking pouches and installed them on a solid aluminum bracket to keep them perfectly aligned at all times. These are working pouches and so far I have my vehicle registration slip in one of them. That's it. They're not very big, so I obviously can't carry much, but I really like the look of them over the ones I picked up off eBay years ago.

Excuse the messy patio, but it stormed really hard last night and everything is a mess.

Reaction score
Have any of you ordered this GG statue?

I just can't say it does that much for me and I have no idea what it has to do with The Star Wars Show except that it's printed on it.

I guess what they are trying to say is that it takes a Power Droid, Mouse Droid, and Chopper to capture the show on video. A very weird concept for sure.

Reaction score
The Forecelink Mimban Han/Chewie and Rebolt/hound 2-packs were briefly in stock at walmart.com for retail price. I got both, but the Rebolt set now says out of stock. I ordered for free store pickup.

Reaction score
Have any of you ordered this GG statue?

I just can't say it does that much for me and I have no idea what it has to do with The Star Wars Show except that it's printed on it.

No I passed on it, I didn't like it enough.