Phoenix Board # 187: 2019 SDCC What's in Store?

Reaction score
Hopefully, Hasbro will save the real exciting reveals for the end of the con.

I do like the release of the Scout Trooper without speeder bike and I'll probably pick up Anakin since I skipped him the first time; this time Anakin has the better digital face sculpt. The Clone Wars Obi-Wan isn't bad either.

Reaction score
The Hot Topic Funko NYCC Exclusives are up for sale. Picked up Captain Rex, but missed out on Killer Frost, even though I had it in my cart. Never thought she would sell out before Rex.

bac

Reaction score
I hope they are not Resistance related.
Doubtful given the target demo and looking at the Transformers and Marvel preorders. My best guess is one 6" deluxe figure and one TVC figure/pack. Or both are 6" figures.

Reaction score
If anybody is going to order from EE, can I ask to add a Rey Journey Island and a Vintage Hover Tank Driver to their order (Vintage Collection 3.75" to be clear), I hate to Pay $7-$10 shipping for 2 figures only. Hopefully that will help to get to the $75 Free Shipping or at least split the shipping cost as I am not sure if the $75 Free Shipping amount applies to Pre-order items pr just in-stock. Thanks.

bac

Reaction score
Dork Side Toys has the same exclusives as EE, and shipping is cheaper.

Reaction score
Stopped in SS HT and picked up Rex really nice Pop left a half dozen, nice seeing DT !

SS AND GF/McK WM's looks like the reset is done and still no AT-DT I don't see a spot for it either. Everyone that found one was there a shelf spot for it or was it just thrown out? I don't get how only the westside got them.

Hit up a few Walgreens looking for the Obi-Wan Pop but had no luck.

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
If anybody is going to order from EE, can I ask to add a Rey Journey Island and a Vintage Hover Tank Driver to their order (Vintage Collection 3.75" to be clear), I hate to Pay $7-$10 shipping for 2 figures only. Hopefully that will help to get to the $75 Free Shipping or at least split the shipping cost as I am not sure if the $75 Free Shipping amount applies to Pre-order items pr just in-stock. Thanks.
Depending on what the next EE exclusive (that's not exclusive) is with the droids, Rey and the A-Wing, I may hit the free $79 shipping.

Reaction score
I can't say I'm overly excited about any of it. Basically they just found a place to sell items that were supposed to be exclusives elsewhere, Han in Stormtrooper armor and a slightly retooled Clone Trooper I wasn't looking for.

Han is not active as of yet even though the timer expired.

UPDATE: It's looking like Han is not part of the EE pre-order thing. Which I don't get anyway. Big deal if they get an extra hour jump on everyone. I was waiting anyway to see what all they had to offer.

Last edited:

bac

Reaction score
The Clone Trooper paint job is a lot better than the Black Series one. I'm in for a loose and carded one.

Looks like the older Stormtrooper sculpt on Han and not the one from the upcoming Rogue One TVC Stormtrooper. I don't see that one for pre-order anywhere yet while the Clone Trooper is everywhere.

Luke Stormtrooper TVC can't be far behind.

Here's hoping legitimate new sculpt stuff is revealed Sunday.

Update: Han is Spring 2019 and a Target exclusive. https://twitter.com/HasbroNews/status/1048332521807785984

Last edited:
Reaction score
Entertainment Earth's pre-order #1 is the Vintage Jedi Training Rey nobody can find and two Black Series Lightsabers.

Thanks for posting this!!! I have been waiting for this figure. I had heard that EE would be taking it from Walmart, but didn't know they would offer it so soon.

Reaction score
Good seeing Slave_1 at HT this morning. Fortunately there were plenty of Rex's and everyone in the line ahead of us were more interested in the other POPs! Rex is a really nice looking figure.

I was too busy today to check out EE's site but I ordered the TVC Doctor Aphra and TVC Luke Jedi Master from them a few days ago. Luke was not in stock in the morning, but was in stock several hours later; The TVC Range Trooper was in stock in the morning, then out of stock later in the evening. I also ordered the TBS6 Piett which was not in stock in the morning but was in stock when I checked their site several hours later.

I was finally able to cobble together an order that gave me free shipping plus I'm going to get a free mystery POP! with my order. I used the code on the catalog I receive from them to qualify for the free POP!--Hope it's something good.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I picked up one of the 4 remaining Rexeseses @ 5pm.
I'm glad you got one I would have put one on hold for you but I figured you ordered one online. I guess I should have text you.
When you picked up the AT-DT was there a shelf tag for them?

Reaction score
I'm glad you got one I would have put one on hold for you but I figured you ordered one online. I guess I should have text you.
When you picked up the AT-DT was there a shelf tag for them?
No worries, I usually do order online and also try to pick one up at the store. That way I at least get one if they sell out at stores, and if I can find it in store then I can check the box and paint condition before I buy it. I keep whichever one is in better condition and return the other.

The AT-DTs I found were mixed in with the Han speeders and Tallie a-wings). I think they are part of the same class B vehicle assortment.

Reaction score
Depending on what the next EE exclusive (that's not exclusive) is with the droids, Rey and the A-Wing, I may hit the free $79 shipping.
Isn't the $79 for free shipping for in-stock and not pre-orders ?

Reaction score
Huge Thx DT for the text that GF/McK had a AT-DP. I was just there yesterday looking for them I went through the first few ships but not all of them (that's my bad) honestly I thought they were a different sku or upc and in a bigger box.

Reaction score
This "Lost" Empire Strikes Back Documentary is AWESOME!!! They show how a lot of the sets were made and scenes filming and a ground vehicle that I don't remember ever seeing on Hoth. It's an hour long, but worth watching. I'm only 16 minutes in so far.
Thanks for sharing this !!!
I finally got around to watching it WOW that was one of the best documentaries I've seen on Empire Strikes Back. Yeah that vehicle was cool reminds me of those little vintage Mini Rigs. Man I really felt sorry for the guy in that Wampa costume having to walk in that snow on those stilts in Norway.

Reaction score
WOO HOO!!!

San Tan Walmart- This was sitting on the floor in front of the shelves. The box is trashed, but I don't care. It was the only one.

Also hot Williams Field & Higley Walgreen's but no luck on the Obi-Wan Pop!.

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this !!!
I finally got around to watching it WOW that was one of the best documentaries I've seen on Empire Strikes Back. Yeah that vehicle was cool reminds me of those little vintage Mini Rigs. Man I really felt sorry for the guy in that Wampa costume having to walk in that snow on those stilts in Norway.
I thought the same thing about the mini-rigs. The guy in the Wampa suit was probably the only one that wasn't cold.

Reaction score
I opened the AT-DT and it was not easy in the condition that box was in. The vehicle is okay. Nothing near as nice as the AT-ST. I do like that it has very strong joints though. I do wish the AT-ST had that. I will be repainting mine to have a more authentic look.

Reaction score
I opened the AT-DT and it was not easy in the condition that box was in. The vehicle is okay. Nothing near as nice as the AT-ST. I do like that it has very strong joints though. I do wish the AT-ST had that. I will be repainting mine to have a more authentic look.
Yeah it's much more stable the legs seem to click into place. I started to add some weathering yesterday when I cracked it open.

Reaction score
I understand that Hasbro wanted to add a firing projectile to the AT-DT, but it looks odd without the full length cannon. I added a K’nex and a Lego piece to mine. Not nearly accurate or really a color match, but I think it looks better.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Still a work-in-progress but here's what I did yesterday, I used a straw.

Last edited:
Reaction score
After looking at Hasbro's AT-DT up close, I would have to say they missed a lot of the detail. The canons are very different. The toes are too small. The railing around the driver is completely missing. There are a ton of details missing in the legs or just different. This is disappointing. I will be making upgrades to mine.

Last edited: