Phoenix Board # 186: Jabba's Sail Barge a REALITY!

Reaction score
There's more! I guess these are kinda spoilery:

Spoiler:  

And these:

This one will probably go to Funko Shop since TRU is out:

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
I've gone from doubtful to cautiously optimistic thanks to this new trailer.
Yeah.

Possible spoilery thinking...
  Spoiler:  

The only part that has me concerned is Chewie hugging another Wookiee. I don't want to see Lumpy in this. I really don't want to know that Chewie is married unless she gets killed off. Otherwise it makes him into a terrible spouse.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Lucked out and found wave 16 at Walmart for 5$. Only a Jawa missing, cleaned house. thought maybe I’d never get lucky finding any at these prices.

Reaction score
Lucked out and found wave 16 at Walmart for 5$. Only a Jawa missing, cleaned house. thought maybe I’d never get lucky finding any at these prices.
Ugh. I think sometimes that I'm the only one who can't find these cheap. I'm really only interested in some of them cheap, as I'm not even sold on the movie yet.

Reaction score
Amazon has BS6 Han, Lando and Range Trooper up for preorder (available 4-13). I preordered all 3.

Reaction score
Amazon has BS6 Han, Lando and Range Trooper up for preorder (available 4-13). I preordered all 3.
Han is currently priced at $17.98. Not sure why, but I have a feeling he's going to end up becoming available much cheaper.

Amazon also has the BS6 Porgs 2-pack for $14.68 Prime.

I was going to wait on these since I thought they were supposed to be priced cheaper.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I haven't seen this mentioned, but the Black Series Vader Helmets are starting to show up at Walmart of all places. According to Brickseek, most East Valley Walmarts have 2 in stock. Looks pretty nice, but I read that it is somewhat inaccurate. But, I guess I don't pay that much attention.. oh well. It's $99, and is in 3 pieces like at the end of ROTJ.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=666505449

Last edited:
Reaction score
I haven't seen this mentioned, but the Black Series Vader Helmets are starting to show up at Walmart of all places. According to Brickseek, most East Valley Walmarts have 2 in stock. Looks pretty nice, but I read that it is somewhat inaccurate. But, I guess I don't pay that much attention.. oh well. It's $99, and is in 3 pieces like at the end of ROTJ.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=666505449

Funny you should bring this up.

I've been watching Brickseek for the BS6 Dewback for about a month now and then yesterday I noticed a bunch of Walmarts get 2 in. I rushed to my Walmart (Gilbert & Germann) and the stock person I talked to said it was still on the truck and would not be put out yet since they haven't reset, but she told me to try back again today, so I did. It's not on the shelves, so I check with a stocker, who has a scanner that doesn't work, so he calls someone to toys and nobody shows up, so I went to the Online Pick-up desk and this woman comes out with the Vader helmet in her hand and I told her "I'll take that" and she said they have another and I said "Yes, I'll take it." She also warned me it was $99 and I still agreed. Then I asked her to look up the BS6 Dewback and she went to the back to get it. When she came back there was a supervisor with her and she said she has to scan it to see if she's allowed to sell it because it has a date of 4/13 on it. It scanned, she looked at the supervisor. He nodded. So she sold both to me.

WOO HOO!!!

Reaction score
According to Adam Pawlus (Galactic Hunter), this Snowtrooper is First Order Walker Driver. I don't have the packaging anymore, so I can't check and all I can find online is the front of the packaging.

Now I want more of them.

Reaction score
Get a change to open up the Dewback yet? I've been looking forward to grabbing it.
I'm just about to open it.

Here's the Brickseek info. I bet there's a Walmart near you that will have these. They haven't shown up at Target yet.

If Target ends up doing the Buy $50 get $10 off or Buy $100 get $25 off deals for Solo, I will be purchasing these again and getting my additional 5% off with card and taking advantage of the deals, but at least for now I have them secured. Not that anything will probably be hard to find. It was just fun though. Kind of like the old days when collecting was plentiful and a bit of a quest.

Reaction score
Just opened the Dewback and it is incredible!

The saddle comes as a separate piece that plugs into his back. You can't leave it off because it would leave a large rectangular hole in his back. I like that it's separate and not molded as part of the main piece because it gives it a much more realistic look. The Saddle also covers the only screw hole that I can find on this thing, so it was designed really well. The reins come attached already, but are a separate piece as well. Surprisingly the reins have some nice detail.

His legs are articulated at the shoulders/hip joints, knees, ankles front toes and back toes. The knees and ankles are ball jointed giving an excellent range of movement. The tail also seems to be ball jointed and allows for some movement in each direction, but it's limited. The head is ball jointed allowing for a full range of motion. The best part and a total surprise was the mouth. I opened it and he had this huge tongue sticking outward. Then I realized the tongue is also articulated and can be placed in any position inside the mouth. The mouth is extremely detailed and the only place I feel they fell a bit short here is with the teeth as their all a nice clean off-white. Considering this is an outdoor animal, I would assume the teeth to be a bit cruddier looking, so I may be making some changes to mine.

The body is also very clean, so I will more than likely be updating the deco, but no complaints at all. This thing is very articulated and very nicely sculpted.

The Sandtrooper is basically the same as all of the previous Sandtroopers and comes with a DL-19 heavy blaster rifle, but does not include a Blastech E-11 or T-21 light repeating blaster. He does come with the long prod. The one issue with him is that his pauldron is inaccurate. It's grey.

Sandtrooper pauldrons are only supposed to be

• orange = Squad Leader
  • white = Sergeant
  • black = Enlisted

For some reason Hasbro has always used grey for Dewback riders, but this is not canon. It's an easy fix with some paint or just use the previous Sandtrooper that came with a white pauldron.

The Sandtrooper has some very nice weathering done to him. He's far dirtier than the previous releases and it's believable looking.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Oh my God!!! This Darth Vader helmet is soooooooo cool. It blows away the Stormtrooper, Poe Dameron and Kylo Ren easily.

I thought it was going to be similar in size to the old Rubies helmets. This thing is HUGE! It splits into 4 pieces. Back neck collar, chin/mouth piece, head covering and dome. The dome is just enormous. There are details inside and out of the entire helmet. The chin piece has all the wires going through it to the mouth. All the detail is individually painted. The head covering has all the copper connection points painted. Lots of details on the back of the neck piece. Putting it on makes me easily 6’ 4”. I was worried it would fall short, but it didn’t at all.

The battery door is very well hidden in between the neck and chin piece.

The SOUNDS!!! The breathing sound is more than just breathing. It has the wheeze to it too. It sounds just like from the movie. Then when you remove the head covering from the chin piece it makes this disconnect noise and then a reconnect noise when you put it back. Listening to the breathing inside the helmet sounds like you’re in a movie theatre.

Everything connects with magnets except for the chin and neck piece which are just some plastic pieces that slide over top of each other.

The only places I can see anything that is not ideal is the button for the sound is on the chin piece on the outside on the right side of the jaw, but it was not obvious because I had to check the directions to find it. It also has some warning and licensing raised print areas inside the chin piece, but it’s not in your face by any means.

This was so worth the price!

It also comes with a small piece of plastic to be able support it when it's not on your head, but I will be using an actual helmet stand or make one for it. This actually needs a really elaborate looking stand. I need to think of some ideas.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Update to the Vader helmet... The wheezing sound only occurs when the helmet piece is off. If the helmet is intact, then it's only a breathing sound.

The only real downside to this is that the neck piece is not as long as it should be. The only reason I can see for this is so that it fits more people.

This is NOT a kid helmet.

Reaction score
I also picked up a Dewback at Walmart today. This was at the Signal Butte store. They also had the Darth Vader helmet, and four Vintage figures: Snoke, Jyn, Hoth Trooper and Frist Order Stormtrooper.

The dewback is very nice.

bac

Reaction score
I also picked up a Dewback at Walmart today. This was at the Signal Butte store. They also had the Darth Vader helmet, and four Vintage figures: Snoke, Jyn, Hoth Trooper and Frist Order Stormtrooper.

The dewback is very nice.
My neck of the woods. I'll casually grab a (future pegwarmer) VC Jyn in the near future. Not making a special trip for her.

Like the Dewback design but don't want to get involved in the 6" line, so pass.

Reaction score
I've been holding off on opening a few BS6 figures until I compared them to the versions I already have.

One of them was the Walmart exclusive Kylo Ren. I found that it's actually quite a bit different. The scar on the Walmart version is way more obvious looking. His belt seems shinier and of course it comes with a die-cast helmet that can be swapped with his head. I'm still not a fan of the soft goods cape, but everything else made it worthwhile. I also really like the base and wished I had another one to make a full circle.

The other was the new Death Star Trooper. I wanted to compare the old face with the new Photo Realistic printed face. Wow! Night and day difference. I am very glad I bought this one.

Reaction score
I am going through my Star Wars boxes and doing inventory since I lost the database I had years ago. It's a pain, but kind of fun too. I am finding just how insane I was. I have a lot of duplicates of things. For some reason I have two Unleashed Tusken Raiders and two Unleashed Clone Troopers still packaged. I also have opened versions. I have two of the 300th Figure Boba Fetts signed by Jeremey Bulloch. One has a grey side panel. The other has green side panel. For some reason I felt compelled to have him sign both.

I did find one cool item. It's the original 1995 Kenner Boba Fett on a red tri-logo card. It's currently on eBay for about $80.

Reaction score

So how can GameStop list the item as "Star Wars: The Black Series - Guard Action Figure 4 Pack - Only at GameStop" when it's also available at Barnes & Noble?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Really digging the look of the Mudtrooper. Looks straight out of Fallout: New Vegas.

Has anyone seen any of the Hot Wheels starships from Solo yet? My son loves those, and I saw him pictures of the new ships online and he's just beyond excited.

Reaction score
So I got excited about the BS6 dewback and decided I wanted to give him better deco. My pics suck and it looks way better in person.

This is the Hasbro deco (not sure why the saddle is backwards).

Here's mine.

He no longer has his pearly whites.

Reaction score
So I got excited about the BS6 dewback and decided I wanted to give him better deco.

He no longer has his pearly whites.

Looks good it's a little more subtle. I'm surprised you didn't post up any Vader helmet pictures how about one next to the Stormtrooper one so we can tell the size. Thx

Reaction score
Looks good it's a little more subtle. I'm surprised you didn't post up any Vader helmet pictures how about one next to the Stormtrooper one so we can tell the size. Thx
More subtle than the Hasbro deco? Hasbro's is pretty much all green. I have the beige area underneath, plus added green, gold and brown to his skin. I pretty much looked at the Sideshow version as reference. Maybe my pictures are just that bad.

I'll see if I can get a pic of the Vader helmet tonight.

Reaction score
More subtle than the Hasbro deco? Hasbro's is pretty much all green. I have the beige area underneath, plus added green, gold and brown to his skin. I pretty much looked at the Sideshow version as reference. Maybe my pictures are just that bad.

I'll see if I can get a pic of the Vader helmet tonight.
My bad I was just focusing in on the teeth. Yeah the whole thing looks better and more natural and not toy like. I think maybe between the red background and me viewing it from my phone didn't help.