Phoenix Board # 186: Jabba's Sail Barge a REALITY!

Reaction score
I got my Vader Emperor's wrath bust in the mail today from GG. Nice bust really lightweight since it's probably hollowed-out only thing I think they could have used maybe a little more light in the helmet. I think I got the perfect number out of a thousand I got 83 for the year the movie came out.

Reaction score
I painted my own one of these, but it was on the wonky (movie accurate) version from Anovos and it looks wonky.

If this comes out, I want it! It's rumored to be a GameStop exclusive.

That's cool I would like to get one too.

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
I received this yesterday, but we didn't open it because it was a BAD day. It started out where I lost connectivity with Cox at about 6am and it lasted until 3:12pm. I have a major deadline that had to be done tomorrow and have been putting in all kinds of hours and only got 45 minutes in before the connection was lost, so I worked a good part of the evening. I was just not in the mood to open it then.

But today went better and the print is very nice. The care in shipping this thing was unbelievable. It had those flexible sheets of Styrofoam around the corners, then the corners were covered in cardboard. A sheet of plastic taped all the way around the whole frame. Over that was a a thick sheet of bubble wrap securely taped all around it. Then it was sandwiched between two thick pieces of cardboard and taped shut and finally a very sturdy outer box just big enough to fit the whole thing, but not allow movement. It was crazy, but very appreciated. It's immaculate. We ordered when they posted up the "Low Quantity" warning and somehow we managed to get #38 of 275. It's going in our pool room where we have other framed DC art and my Prime One Arkham Batman bust.

OFF TOPIC

I'm excited because we ordered our first art print from Sideshow (not Star Wars related) and it shipped today and arriving tomorrow. It's a Harley Quinn print by Olivia de Berardinis. I have always loved Olicia's art and have a few prints of her much more risque female artwork in the hallway upstairs. We're pretty excited about this one.

Depending on how nice this is in person, we may be getting a Leia art print by Olivia as well.

Reaction score
I received my EE exclusive Flame Trooper and C'ai Threnalli yesterday. Haven't had a chance to open them yet. They look decent enough. I wished both would not have been exclusives though as I may have bought more of them.

UPDATE: I just opened both figures and now I REALLY wished these were more accessible. The Flame Trooper is just a nice pose to where I'd like to have a few more and C'ai is an extremely nice figure. The deco on his face and helmet are beautifully executed. He has swivel wrists and ankles and the removable helmet is perfect. This is 90% better than the lame Asty figure we got for TFA.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I received the PGM BB-8 bust from Gentle Giant. It's a gorgeous bust, but I really wished they would've made the lights removable. Not only are they hard wired, but they're also glued to his body. I haven't decided yet if I want to try and remove them or not. I am glad I did not pay full price for this one.

Oh and much like the other TFA busts, his focus is aimed downward. I swear they meant for all of the TFA busts to be on a high shelf. Which in a way is kind of nice.

Reaction score
Took Desiree out for a Birthday brunch and then stopped off at the Tuesday Morning on Alma School & Queen Creek and found they had a ton of TFA and Rogue One stuff. If you need any of the Titanium mini helmets, they had a few of them for $3.99 each. I picked up a TFA FO Snowspeeder for $14.99, a Jedha Revolt 4-pack for $9.99, Titanium Kylo Ren for $6.99 (they also had Finn), a BS6 FO StormTrooper for $9.99 and a Micro Machines FO Stormtrooper helmet for $4.99. I only got it because I have so many of the original Micro Machine head playsets. They had a number of single carded figures (no army builders) and 2 packs, but priced just a little higher than I wanted to pay.

Reaction score
As in GameStop tradition, they jacked up the price if an $80 helmet to $100. It can be pre-ordered now.

No option to ship to store, but you can get a $5 shipping option which is supposed to arrive 2 days after release date.

They also have a pre-order price guarantee good until the item ships.

UPDATE: Well, me being a glutton for punishment, I went ahead and pre-ordered it. I will probably regret it as it will end up on some huge clearance, but at least this way I have one. The total came to $113.18 after tax and shipping.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wasn’t the Vader helmet $100. Could just be the new price.

also it’s “glutton”

Reaction score
Wasn’t the Vader helmet $100. Could just be the new price.

also it’s “glutton”

Oops! I originally typed "glutten" and then it corrected it. I'll try to keep my posts gluten free.

I don't think it's a new price. The Vader helmet was 4 separate pieces with better electronic features and a whole lot more material, so I think the Vader helmet price was based on all of that. If Hasbro were to do a Boba Fett helmet I could see it being $100 as well considering everything involved (especially deco), but the Stormtrooper helmets are pretty straight forward.

Reaction score
As in GameStop tradition, they jacked up the price if an $80 helmet to $100. It can be pre-ordered now.

No option to ship to store, but you can get a $5 shipping option which is supposed to arrive 2 days after release date.

They also have a pre-order price guarantee good until the item ships.

UPDATE: Well, me being a glutton for punishment, I went ahead and pre-ordered it. I will probably regret it as it will end up on some huge clearance, but at least this way I have one. The total came to $113.18 after tax and shipping.
Thx for the info I pre-ordered it too just to be safe.

Reaction score
In case you missed the online pre-order for 6" Commander Wolffe, you should be able to reserve one in-store now. I gave the SKU to the GameStop store on Signal Butte and was able to pre-order it tonight.

Reaction score
Tauntauns may smell bad on the outside, but apparently Dewbacks do NOT. My BS6 Dewback arrived from Walmart at 10pm last night, so I didn't see it until this morning. It looks as though a scented candle melted all over it. The whole thing has a very strong floral scent. The product box has some candle oil and residue on it, but I have a feeling the dewback is fine. I haven't opened it yet.

So as usual with Walmart orders... Don't expect a MIB collectible.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wow, somebody's going to be surprised when they see their order that's why you don't order candles in June and July in Arizona.

Reaction score
In case you missed the online pre-order for 6" Commander Wolffe, you should be able to reserve one in-store now. I gave the SKU to the GameStop store on Signal Butte and was able to pre-order it tonight.
Thanks for the info. I called the two stores closest to me and neither would take an order over the phone, so I ended up riding over to AZ Ave & Ocotillo and ordered one. While there I picked up a four Star Wars key chains on clearance for half off.

AZ Ave & Ocotillo Target- Probably the most Star Wars items I have seen in a while. Their pegs are very full. Just nothing I need. If some of the older items would hit clearance I would pick some up.

Reaction score
Woo Hoo !

I just got charged from EE for the R1Hovertank Vehicle and it says it shipped. I'm excited for this I thought we had to wait until August ? I guess not ??

Last edited:
Reaction score
Amazon has the Battle of Crait 4-pack for $14.82. I bought my first one. Its been dropping a few cents every day so I may buy more if it gets cheaper.
They also have the Han Solo Force Link 2.0 starter pack for $14.98, finally caved and bought that one too.
Between Amazon and Best Buy they have certain Sphero droids for $49.99 (including R2-D2 BB-9E). Tempting.

Off Topic: Last night I was changing out some old button style batteries (LR44) commonly found in toys. I set the old ones on the coffee table. About a half hour later I'm watching TV on the couch when I hear a loud pop. Something shot me in the eye and stung like hell. It took me a few minutes to realize that one of the old batteries had exploded. After rinsing out my eye with water it appears to be OK. I've heard of batteries exploding in fire/excessive heat but not like this. It scared the crap out of me.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Off Topic: Last night I was changing out some old button style batteries (LR44) commonly found in toys. I set the old ones on the coffee table. About a half hour later I'm watching TV on the couch when I hear a loud pop. Something shot me in they eye and stung like hell. It took me a few minutes too realize that one of the old batteries had exploded. After rinsing out my eye with water it appears to be OK. I've heard of batteries exploding in fire/excessive heat but not like this. It scared the crap out of me.

That's insane! Don't screw around with your eye. You should really get it checked. Take it from someone who lost part of his vision due to an eye injury.