Phoenix Board # 186: Jabba's Sail Barge a REALITY!

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
Not as good as the Father's Day 20% off, but this includes the Snowtrooper that's now in stock. It brings it to a mere $691.15 after shipping and handling. And that's no helmet, no boots and no soft goods. That's INSANE!

Reaction score
For anyone who's been watching any items on ebay, use coupon code PSUPERSUMMER today only to get $15 off a minimum $75 purchase.

Reaction score
I had read that Solo absolutely did terrible. After all the re-shoots and directors and actors changing, I think the production cost was around $300 million. It think world wide it is barely over $300 million. It has had the worst performance for a Star Wars movie since Return of the Jedi. I also learned that Dryden Vos was originally Michael K Williams from the Wire. He couldn't come back for re-shoots, so they re-shot every scene he was in with Bettany. I think MKW would have done a GREAT job as the villain.

I loved solo. But I don't mind that they are slowing down the release of these stand alone films

Reaction score
Personally, I'm okay if they slow them down. Every year is too often. It's taking away the hype and just makes it "another Star Wars movie". I do want an Obi-Wan movie to come out, but ONLY if it's starring Ewan McGregor. I have mixed feelings about a Boba Fett movie. I'm afraid they may wreck the character that has be near and dear to my heart since I first saw the Kenner action figure and had no idea who it was. And as I have stated many times, I want them to take Ryan Johnson out of it. I feel he's dangerous and is going destroy what Star Wars is.

Reaction score
For those planning on dealing with large crowds, the BS Force FX Z6 Riot Control Baton is up for pre-order on Amazon.

Great for concerts, conventions, parades or just avoiding long lines during checkout at stores.

$199.99

Reaction score
AZ Ave & Ocotillo Target's Star Wars area is packed. Unfortunately with nothing I need. They did have the ROTJ 3-pack marked down to $1298. If it goes down more I'll grab some for the guards, but I also heard the guards are going to be carded individually, which I'm thrilled about.

Riggs & McQueen Fry's Marketplace- Also a lot of Star Wars overpriced.

Reaction score
New rumor that OWK anthology film is moving forward but will be on the Disney framing service rather than the big screen.

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Chandler TRU is still open? I tried calling and no answer when you choose to speak with an associate option. According to news sites they're still open 'til Friday. I was hoping to confirm.

Reaction score
I got shipping notice from EE for the exclusive last wave of TLJ figures I had pre-ordered (C’ai Threnalli and flame trooper).

Reaction score
The GG Ben Kenobi and Lobot busts are nice additions to the line, although my Lobot has a pretty heavy 5-o’clock shadow. It’s more noticeable on the right jaw than the left. Poor paint choice or QC by GG. Neither would surprise me. It is not that way on the promo pics on the box. My Obi also makes a faint high-pitched whine when the lightsaber is lit.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The GG Ben Kenobi and Lobot busts are nice additions to the line, although my Lobot has a pretty heavy 5-o’clock shadow. It’s more noticeable on the right jaw than the left. Poor paint choice or QC by GG. Neither would surprise me. It is not that way on the promo pics on the box. My Obi also makes a faint high-pitched whine when the lightsaber is lit.
My Obi-Wan's saber doesn't whine at all. Contact them and tell them you want a different one. And a different Lobot.

My FN-2199 Mini Bust order processes tomorrow and then they'll ship it and Lobot.

Reaction score
From Gentle Giant...

Gentle Giant said:
[h=1]SDCC Exclusives Announcement UPDATE![/h]Our next SDCC exclusive update will be TODAY, Tuesday 6/26 at noon on StarWars.com.

We will NOT have an announcement the following week (the week of July 4th)

The final announcements (yes, that's plural!) will be that next week, WEDNESDAY July 11th on the new episode of The Star Wars show on Youtube.com. The Premier Guild pre-order will go live right after it is announced. (You are going to want to pay special attention to the entire episode...)

Reaction score
OFF TOPIC

I'm excited because we ordered our first art print from Sideshow (not Star Wars related) and it shipped today and arriving tomorrow. It's a Harley Quinn print by Olivia de Berardinis. I have always loved Olicia's art and have a few prints of her much more risque female artwork in the hallway upstairs. We're pretty excited about this one.

Depending on how nice this is in person, we may be getting a Leia art print by Olivia as well.

Reaction score
OFF TOPIC

I'm excited because we ordered our first art print from Sideshow (not Star Wars related) and it shipped today and arriving tomorrow. It's a Harley Quinn print by Olivia de Berardinis. I have always loved Olicia's art and have a few prints of her much more risque female artwork in the hallway upstairs. We're pretty excited about this one.

Depending on how nice this is in person, we may be getting a Leia art print by Olivia as well.

Very nice! I have been tempted by some of their Art Prints before, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Reaction score
I never did get a response from anyone about opinions on the GG BB-8 bust, but I went ahead and ordered it anyway. It's the only TFA bust I do not have at this point and last week GG cancelled my order for the PGM gift Darth Maul statue I had ordered because I didn't do it in the correct way and they refunded my 900 PGM points I had used against it. I'm able to reorder it, but had already been wondering if I really needed another Darth Maul statue and chose to pass on it and instead of reordering it again, I used the points towards the BB-8, which knocked it down to $70. I wasn't even aware until last week that BB-8 was still available. What's baffling to me is that this same bust is on eBay for $230+, yet it's still available on GG's site. The only thing I can guess is that it's exclusive to PGMs.

Reaction score
I never did get a response from anyone about opinions on the GG BB-8 bust, but I went ahead and ordered it anyway. It's the only TFA bust I do not have at this point and last week GG cancelled my order for the PGM gift Darth Maul statue I had ordered because I didn't do it in the correct way and they refunded my 900 PGM points I had used against it. I'm able to reorder it, but had already been wondering if I really needed another Darth Maul statue and chose to pass on it and instead of reordering it again, I used the points towards the BB-8, which knocked it down to $70. I wasn't even aware until last week that BB-8 was still available. What's baffling to me is that this same bust is on eBay for $230+, yet it's still available on GG's site. The only thing I can guess is that it's exclusive to PGMs.
Is that the one with the holiday lights? I don't think they are removable. I'm sure with your skills you could do it and fix it up though.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the issues.

My OWK also has that faint high-pitched whine my wife can't hear it and she didn't believe I could either. So I proved to her that I could by turning around and covering my eyes and telling her every time she turned it on or off. She was very surprised I got them all right now she says I have dog ears which I'm surprised with after all the loud music I listen to.
I'll have to see what my Lobot looks like when I get it it's shipping with my FN2199 also.

Reaction score
Is that the one with the holiday lights? I don't think they are removable. I'm sure with your skills you could do it and fix it up though.
Yeah I passed on that one too because the lights aren't removable. I bought one of those 12 in cheap bb8 toys and put it on a roll of black electrical tape for the base. It looks pretty good and fits right into scale with the other busts I just have to do some weathering on bb8 haven't got around to it yet.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the issues.

My OWK also has that faint high-pitched whine my wife can't hear it and she didn't believe I could either. So I proved to her that I could by turning around and covering my eyes and telling her every time she turned it on or off. She was very surprised I got them all right now she says I have dog ears which I'm surprised with after all the loud music I listen to.
I'll have to see what my Lobot looks like when I get it it's shipping with my FN2199 also.
I retract my statement from yesterday about not hearing it. After reading this I went into a quiet room and turned it on and sure enough the high pitch whine is there.

Reaction score
Yeah I passed on that one too because the lights aren't removable. I bought one of those 12 in cheap bb8 toys and put it on a roll of black electrical tape for the base. It looks pretty good and fits right into scale with the other busts I just have to do some weathering on bb8 haven't got around to it yet.
I had originally passed because I had the Sideshow version that came with Rey, but I just felt since I had all the others that I should get this one too.

Reaction score
Serious??? I wished I would've known that. I'll check it out once it arrives. So I'm guessing you don't have this one.
Yeah that's why I passed on it too. I have the HT one with the TFA Rey figure anyway.

Reaction score
I would really like to be able to wire a USB cable to some of these GG items that run on batteries so they can be continously powered (kneeling Vader statue, holo Maul, 2-1B, new Obi, jawas, new ROTJ Vader, etc.). Does anyone know an electrician that can do that at a reasonable price? I assume there would be some soldering to the battery contacts involved, but that's not my forte. I saw a thread where somebody had it done to the batteries on an HT Vader figure, but it was overseas.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That bust is a win in my opinion. I like it. Any mention on price?

Reaction score
This is what TRU in Canada gets I wonder what store here will pick it up for an exclusive?