Phoenix Board #185 - Up next: SOLO, PCF.

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
I am so glad Lando is in an outfit very different than what we've seen in the past (or I guess in this case, the future). I had this discussion with Adam Pawlus (Galactic Hunter) yesterday when he mentioned in his Q&A that Kylo Ren changed outfits in TLJ even though it had only been a day since TFA.

It just cracks me up that characters in Star Wars seem to have the same hair styles and clothing styles or almost identical clothing throughout their entire life. I don't know about the rest of you, but I tend to wear different clothes throughout the week. And while some of my style is the same from when I was in my 20s, I also wear some things are very different. People change! Fashions change! I'm smart enough to figure out that a character could still be Han if he's not wearing blue pants with red blood stripes down the side.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I pre-ordered the Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital Target Exclusive with extra book and exclusive "Meet the Porgs" featurette. I get free shipping and 5% off with the card and I didn't see Best Buy offering a Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital version. Walmart doesn't even have it listed yet.

If I find something better, I will cancel and I may still grab it in the store if I see it before it arrives, but at least this way it's guaranteed.

RDM

Reaction score
Anyone here need a Target exclusive Porg Pop?

Also, does anyone have any figures from the various Vintage lines of the past decade? I'm looking to catch up on those.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not too happy about the email I received from Funko...

Funko said:
Dear Valued Customer,

Important changes are coming to the Star Wars Smuggler's Bounty subscription service that will impact your Bi-Monthly Subscription and require your action in order to purchase future boxes, including the Endor box​. Please review the changes below and visit the Smuggler's Bounty blog for more information.

Changes to Your Subscription

In an effort to allow Funko to focus on what they do best - creating unique, quality collectibles, Funko will be discontinuing the subscription offering for the Smuggler's Bounty box on September 16, 2018. Prior to that date, Funko will continue to offer collectible boxes on a bi-monthly basis to account holders but the process is changing.

Transition to Retail

Have no fear! The boxes aren't disappearing completely. After the discontinuation date of the subscription offering, Funko will be transitioning the Star Wars Smuggler's Bounty collectibles box to retail. Funko will be partnering with an exclusive retailer to deliver the Star Wars Smuggler's Bounty box as a retail offering. Stay tuned for upcoming details.

Important Account Changes and How to Purchase Boxes

In preparation to transitioning this service to retail and due to limited inventory, changes will be made to the Smuggler's Bounty offering and to your account. As of today, Friday, February 16, 2018, all bi-monthly subscription accounts will have auto renew turned off. This changes your account status from an active subscriber to an account holder.

As an account holder, you will:

• Receive prioritized emails communicating that new boxes are available for purchase.
  • Not be guaranteed an Endor box or future boxes when new themes become available for purchase. We know you may have already subscribed for an Endor box, but with limited inventory and to be fair to all those who have subscribed, you’ll have to purchase the box again. The good news is, you have not been charged for the Endor box yet.
  • Need to log in to your account to purchase each future collectibles box (including Endor) as part of the Smuggler’s Bounty Subscription service.
Steps to Logging in and Purchasing Boxes
1. Visit www.smugglersbounty.com
2. Click 'My Account,' enter your email address or username and your password, and click 'Sign In.'
3. Navigate to the Members Exclusives section where you will find the current box, Endor, as well as past boxes.
4. Add the Endor box, and any past boxes, to your cart and proceed through the check-out process.
5. Your entire cart, including the Endor box, will be processed for payment upon check-out.
6. The current box, Endor, will ship in mid-March, while any past boxes ordered will be shipped immediately.
Box Availability

The inventory of the Star Wars Smuggler's Bounty collectible box, offered by Funko, will be limited. Existing Annual Subscribers will be guaranteed a box, with the balance of inventory offered to all Account Holders. See steps above to secure a box.

Your Action Items

• If you're interested in the current Smuggler's Bounty Endor box, you will need to log in to your account to purchase. Quantities on the Endor box, and future boxes, will be limited.
  • Visit the Smuggler's Bounty blog for more information and frequently asked questions regarding this service change.
We value your commitment to Funko and to the Star Wars Smuggler's Bounty subscription and recognize that this might not be an easy transition for you. Funko has taken great care to curate the best of the Star Wars universe for our collector community. We take pride in the quality and uniqueness of the products we have delivered to you through this service.

We look forward to continuing to excite and delight Star Wars fans with our entire line of Funko products.

Thanks for being a part of the Funko Family!

Funko
I went ahead and secured my Endor box, but will have to read everything through more carefully, including the Q&A online, once I'm more awake and can understand the impact of it all. Somehow I feel like we're getting screwed over.

Last edited:
Reaction score
And apparently Gentle Giant is making changes too...

Gentle Giant said:

[h=1]SOMETHING BIG IS ABOUT TO SHAKE THE MASS MARKET[/h]
Gentle Giant Ltd. Expands to Include Gentle Giant Toys

BURBANK, CA (February 16, 2018) – Gentle Giant Ltd./3D Systems is excited to announce our new mass market collectible toy division Gentle Giant Toys. Gentle Giant Ltd. have been known as an industry leader in the high-end collectibles market for almost 2 decades, and were pioneers in using digital scans and data to make collector consumer products. Gentle Giant Toys is proud to announce the first six new mass-market collectible toy lines and the return of a favorite line.

Gentle Giant Toys is a new division branding itself independently from Gentle Giant Ltd with a new logo, new website and new social media handles. “These fun new, lines deserve a fun, new logo. The new logo tells a story and is more playful and approachable,” said Daniel Pickett, Marketing Manager for Gentle Giant Toys, “The Giant represents the company’s history and expertise in the world of authentic replication. The Butterfly is the embodiment of the artistic and innovative style ingrained into its consumer products.”

“We are excited at the prospect of taking our almost two decades of experience and applying the same care, craftsmanship and attention to detail to these lower price-point collectible toy lines: same way we treat our high-end resin pieces,” said , Dev Gilmore, Director of Creative and Licensing of Gentle Giant Ltd.

“We’ve had a lot of fun making our 1:6th scale collectibles, life-size monuments and even larger than life pieces, but the great thing about digital sculpting is that the product can be any size! So, we are taking it down a few notches to be fun, compact and awesome so you can build new collections quickly, without having to look at adding a wing onto your house for them.” Said Ashly Powell Director of Product Development.

The first wave of new product lines include:

Bust-Ups – One of our most popular lines returns for a new generation. Gentle Giant has poured all of our world-class sculpting resources into creating this line of dynamic heroes and villains into unique busts and scenes featuring the world’s most iconic characters from across the Star Wars and Marvel Universes. Bust-Ups are pre-painted, snap together mystery model kits. You collect them, build them and display them! These eye-catching miniature models allow you to re-create some of your favorite moments from the most successful science fiction and comic book franchises of all time!

Enamel Pins - The enamel pin craze has swept the planet and once again pop culture fandom is on the forefront of that trend. Gentle Giant Toys is beyond excited to step into this arena with the biggest juggernaut license in the galaxy – Star Wars!

We are launching our new enamel pin program with 2-D enamel pins representing arguably the most popular toy line of all time – vintage Star Wars figures! Subsequent waves will feature current films and characters from movies such as The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi as well as looking back across over 40 years of the Star Wars Universe!

Fleet Flyers - Boldly GO!... AND take your favorite ships from Starfleet with you! From the runaway hit TV series Star Trek: Discovery comes Fleet Flyers! Relive your favorite space battles or explore the outer reaches of the quadrant with these replica spacecraft that have appeared in the new season of Star Trek: Discovery. Each vessel is sculpted using actual digital models from the show, capturing every detail of each unique ship from both the Federation, the Klingon Empire and the yet unknown! Each ship comes packed with an articulated arm stand and suction cup so that can be attached to any smooth, flat surface for display!

Micro Bobbles - The Marvel Universe just got a little more adorable with Gentle Giant’s new Marvel Micro-Bobbles line. These stylized heroes from across the Marvel Universe are presented blind-bagged in a fun, new, original, bobble-head style. Each bobble–head character features a suction cup that helps define their characteristic action. Collect them all to create your own epic battles of good vs. evil!

Mini Heroes - Straight from the covers of Marvel Comics comes the Gentle Giant Toys’ line of Mini Heroes animated maquettes! These mini statues feature fun, stylized versions of your favorite Marvel heroes and villains on a whimsical base environment! Each character is taken from a 2-D comic book image and translated into adorable 3-D for your collection! Not all heroes have to be gritty!

Super Stills - Gentle Giant Ltd. has been making direct market licensed busts of top shelf entertainment properties and franchises for close to two decades. Now we are extending that expertise to reach new audiences and find new collectors by making our highly detailed models more accessible for the mass market. With the new PVC SuperStills line Gentle Giant Toys is sticking close to our roots and changing the materials but not the care and attention to detail we pour into each bust. Using high grade PVC we are translating the most iconic characters in entire Star Wars and Marvel universes into dynamic and affordable mass-market display pieces.

Tiny Tin Pocket Pails - The greatest heroes, villains, and creatures from every corner of the Star Wars and Marvel Universes have gathered to adorn the exterior of these delightful boxes, presented in both modern and retro styles. Each of these dynamic tin, hinged boxes contain a matching thermos shaped eraser pencil topper. Each Tiny Tin is blind-boxed to ensure collectability and there will be surprise chase variants in future assortments!

Gentle Giant Toys will showcase these new lines at Toy Fair International in New York, February 17th-20th in booth 4211.

About Gentle Giant Toys

Gentle Giant Toys/3D Systems is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of collectible toys and consumer products sold throughout the world, with its headquarters in Burbank, California. Gentle Giant Toys’ popular brands include Star Wars, Marvel and Star Trek and a wide range of entertainment-inspired products featuring premier licensed properties.
Visit them at www.gentlegianttoys.com and follow on Instagram (@GentleGiantToys), Twitter (@GentleGiantToys) and Facebook (Gentle Giant Toys)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not too happy about the email I received from Funko...

I went ahead and secured my Endor box, but will have to read everything through more carefully, including the Q&A online, once I'm more awake and can understand the impact of it all. Somehow I feel like we're getting screwed over.
Yes, it appears we are getting screwed over. From the Endor box until Sept, the boxes are now limited, instead of being available to everyone who wants one. It is now like Gentle Giant where the big subscribers(Annual Subscribers) are guaranteed a box, and the leftovers are somehow divied up among everyone else. So when an awesome box finally comes out, get ready for mayhem.

Then in Sept, the boxes will only be available at a soon-to-be-determined retailer. If it is Walmart, then I will never see one of these boxes again.

Funko used to be a great company, but now they are just too big for themselves to handle, I guess.

Reaction score
Yes, it appears we are getting screwed over. From the Endor box until Sept, the boxes are now limited, instead of being available to everyone who wants one. It is now like Gentle Giant where the big subscribers(Annual Subscribers) are guaranteed a box, and the leftovers are somehow divied up among everyone else. So when an awesome box finally comes out, get ready for mayhem.

Then in Sept, the boxes will only be available at a soon-to-be-determined retailer. If it is Walmart, then I will never see one of these boxes again.

Funko used to be a great company, but now they are just too big for themselves to handle, I guess.
So can we become annual subscribers or is the whole program going away in lieu of selling via retail? From what I'm reading, it's going away to be sold at retail. The only reason I never went annual in the first place was because it was a new program and I wasn't sure if it was going to be worth it to me. Considering I have never missed a box, I think I'm pretty committed.

Last edited:

RDM

Reaction score
I thought you were trying to sell all your old Vintage figures?
Those are multiples...but yeah, my post is kinda funny considering my signature.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Th BB-8 playset with Snoke is available for $50 on the Target Cartwheel app.

Reaction score
I sent a long email to Funko disagreeing on how they're handling this. They should be taking better care of their members that have been purchasing these I understand they want to go to retail but they should be offering both retail and send them out to members. It probably won't amount to anything but at least I gave them my two cents.

A befuddled member.

Reaction score
Hey Ares_X, hows the accuracy on this Solo Nerf blaster?

I actually almost made comment about that this morning, but I figured nobody wanted to hear it.

It's very inaccurate. The grooves/ridges in the front are way off. The part where the grooves are that the clip used to slide into is way too big. The barrel is too small. The piece just behind the flash hider is too small. The bracket that attaches the scope is completely missing. The area where the dial on the scope is, is way off. The trigger is the wrong shape. The cocking mechanism looks to be missing from the back. The scope is mounted too low. The flash hider should have holes and not just circular indentions, but that would be an easy fix. Depending on which version it's supposed to be, it's missing a number of greeblies. The scope is way too short. I'm not sure what all those extra pieces where the magazine clip is supposed to be at the bottom are, but I'm guessing they have something to do with the Nerf mechanism.

And then there's the obvious orange color and "Star Wars" logo printed on it.

For the most part, it's pretty much a mess. I would never carry it or buy it.

Reaction score
Sucks about Funko cancelling their subscription services. I wonder if they're going to go to 4 different retailers for each box they had or how they'll handle that. I see these being a big hassle.

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
Rumor has it they're making a Sail Barge. I don't know how true all the information is on this thing but I want one. Here's what the Prototype looks like.

https://m.facebook.com/pg/jeditemplearchives/photos/?tab=album&album_id=10156583611507437

Added info:

$500 Comes with jabba, 4ft long, 2.5ft of play area. 64 page booklet.

Needs 5000 backers to succeed. By April 3rd.

https://www.hasbrolab.com

You can preorder now, ships 2/28/19 free shipping.

THAT is FREAKIN' AWESOME!!! I have always wanted to do my own because I figured if Hasbro ever did it, they would downsize it. Still need to discuss with Desiree, but I will probably be backing it as long as I get a refund if it never happens.

Just read this: If the campaign is successfully backed with the minimum number of backers (5,000) by the deadline date (11:59 EST on April 3rd, 2018), your preferred payment method will be charged. In the event the campaign is not successfully backed, you will not be charged and no products will be delivered.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reaction score
Th BB-8 playset with Snoke is available for $50 on the Target Cartwheel app.

I ended up doing this today. You have to get the Cartwheel promo from the Target app, then they send you a coupon to be used that you store in the wallet of your app. You scan it at check out and it drops the price. I also got an additional 5% off using my Target red card.

Reaction score
I am officially part of the Jabba's Sailbarge campaign.

229 people so far. Fingers are crossed.
Me too, it would really suck if they fall short after my hopes are this high now. I've been waiting since 1983 for one.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Me too, it would really suck if they fall short after my hopes are this high now. I've been waiting since 1983 for one.

WOO HOO!!! Glad you're in on it.

The count is now up to 366.

Think about it... If this goes over well and proves to be lucrative for Habro, this could be the beginning to a whole lot of Fan-requested collectibles. Maybe even the Death Star that so many want them to build. Personally, that one scares me, but if done correctly could be really cool.

I only hope they never tackle a realistic-sized Sandcrawler.

Reaction score
It's now gone up to 382 in the last 13 minutes. I can't imagine this will not happen.

Plus Desiree made a point... Scalpers are probably all over this as well. There are going to be a lot of people that won't know about it from the current media, but someone will see one at a show of in someone's house and have to have one. Now they're paying premium. Scalpers will be taking a huge risk if it doesn't sell, but I just can't see that being the case.

Reaction score
I actually almost made comment about that this morning, but I figured nobody wanted to hear it.

It's very inaccurate. The grooves/ridges in the front are way off. The part where the grooves are that the clip used to slide into is way too big. The barrel is too small. The piece just behind the flash hider is too small. The bracket that attaches the scope is completely missing. The area where the dial on the scope is, is way off. The trigger is the wrong shape. The cocking mechanism looks to be missing from the back. The scope is mounted too low. The flash hider should have holes and not just circular indentions, but that would be an easy fix. Depending on which version it's supposed to be, it's missing a number of greeblies. The scope is way too short. I'm not sure what all those extra pieces where the magazine clip is supposed to be at the bottom are, but I'm guessing they have something to do with the Nerf mechanism.

And then there's the obvious orange color and "Star Wars" logo printed on it.

For the most part, it's pretty much a mess. I would never carry it or buy it.
I understand they have to legally put the orange tip on these but why did they have to paint the rest stupid colors. Even with all the inaccuracies I might have still picked one up if the colors were screen accurate, but its probably not worth the effort to repaint.

Reaction score
Rumor has it they're making a Sail Barge. I don't know how true all the information is on this thing but I want one. Here's what the Prototype looks like.

https://m.facebook.com/pg/jeditemplearchives/photos/?tab=album&album_id=10156583611507437

Added info:

$500 Comes with jabba, 4ft long, 2.5ft of play area. 64 page booklet.

Needs 5000 backers to succeed. By April 3rd.

https://www.hasbrolab.com

You can preorder now, ships 2/28/19 free shipping.

I haven't ordered yet, but I'm definitely in on this! Mattel did something like this for their Castle Grayskull for 6" figures back in 2013. It cost about $270 and It was successfully backed and produced. I think this one will too.

Reaction score
Hey guys! Been a long time! hope everyone is well. Just had to see who else jumped on that Sail Barge!
Feel like it's one of those put up or shut up moments for the big vehicle fans! already up to 492!