Phoenix Board #184: TLJ and the holiday season

Reaction score
OFF TOPIC - TWD Mid Season Finale

Spoiler:  
I am frustrated and in shock at the same time!
Frustrated that this war with Negan is going on and on and on. I am shock about the Carl reveal

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
OFF TOPIC - TWD Mid Season Finale

Spoiler:  
I am frustrated and in shock at the same time!
Frustrated that this war with Negan is going on and on and on. I am shock about the Carl reveal
  Spoiler:  
I am tired of the Negan thing. Not sure what it is. I think it's because there have been multiple chances for people to take him out and he's still alive and it has nothing to do with his skill. Plus, I don't see Jeffrey Dean Morgan as a bad *****. He just looks like an out of shape, old guy to me.

The Carl thing was a shock, but I did keep wondering during the show because they focused on him a lot. Desiree thinks he was bit back when he was saving that other guy (I think 2 episodes ago) and they ended up on top of him. It's sad too that a 13 year old has to go out like that.

Reaction score
Wit TLJ 3D you have the option of Phasma or Executioner style glasses. I never acquired the ones from Rogue One. I don't do 3D. Not so sure it would work very well with my retinal damage in my right eye. Plus I was never big on it anyway and neither is Desiree. The glasses are cool though.

Reaction score
  Spoiler:  
I am tired of the Negan thing. Not sure what it is. I think it's because there have been multiple chances for people to take him out and he's still alive and it has nothing to do with his skill. Plus, I don't see Jeffrey Dean Morgan as a bad *****. He just looks like an out of shape, old guy to me.

The Carl thing was a shock, but I did keep wondering during the show because they focused on him a lot. Desiree thinks he was bit back when he was saving that other guy (I think 2 episodes ago) and they ended up on top of him. It's sad too that a 13 year old has to go out like that.
  Spoiler:  
You and I are on the same page on Negan. It is growing old and frankly kinda boring. Carl was supposedly bit when he met up with that [FONT=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Siddiq guy and they were over run by those walkers. I said then to myself, Ummm Carl's gonna get bit. Well it turns out that I was right and I didn't even know it. They vaguely confirmed that on TD. I was texting ScoutTrooper about it today and he had read an article that said that Chandler Riggs dad is pissed that they are killing him off. I think there are a lot of people that are fed up with the show at this point. I watched a "Behind The Walking Dead" Docu that was on amc.com, it started playing right after the finale. I was a HUGE reminder to me how great this show USED TO BE. But now it is getting slow, boring and monotonous. Like we talked about at breakfast about Morgan, that is a last ditch effort to save FEAR buy moving his character over there. That may be another fatal mistake for TWD. I guess time will tell. I used to look forward to this show every week. Now it is becoming less of a priority get it watched.
[/FONT]

Reaction score
I had to go into my office today to swap out my PC for a new one, so I wasn't home when the Bib Fortuna bust went up for sale. Luckily Desiree was able to order it for me.

On the way home...

Indianbend & 101 TRU- Picked up Pop! Kylo Ren and TIE Silencer for $9.99 and then grabbed another stuffed Porg to get the 40% off. There were at least two Kylos left. The weird thing is the TIE Pilot in TIE Fighter is priced at $25.99.

McQueen & Ocotillo Walgreens- Saw the stuffed version of Snoke for the first time and it's so ugly I just had to have it. I even paid full price for it which sucks. They still had the Pop! Cloud City scene and Wedge/Snowspeeders.

Reaction score
In case anyone is interested in just how ugly the stuffed Snoke is...

He's like if Stewie Griffin were to do one of those smoking commercials where he talks through a hole in his throat.

Desiree thinks he looks hungover.

Last edited:
Reaction score
In case anyone is interested in just how ugly the stuffed Snoke is...

He's like if Stewie Griffin were to do one of those smoking commercials where he talks through a hole in his throat.

Desiree thinks he looks hungover.

Ares you are right; it's almost a must have because it is so weird looking. I may change my mind when I see it in person but it may just have to be an early Christmas present to myself.

Reaction score
I received notice that Phoenix Comicon tickets go on sale in two days. They are doing away with badges, which we saw at Fan Fest and everything is done by wrist band that you have to leave on for the entire 4 days if you buy a 4 day pass.

Reaction score
So who's seeing The Last Jedi tonight?
Unofficial West Side Viewing party with Justino, ScoutTrooper and myself @ 9:30pm at AMC 14 at Arrowhead Mall.

Then again Monday @ 8:30pm with my whole family. My daughter will be home from college so it will be the whole family.

Reaction score
Unofficial West Side Viewing party with Justino, ScoutTrooper and myself @ 9:30pm at AMC 14 at Arrowhead Mall.

Then again Monday @ 8:30pm with my whole family. My daughter will be home from college so it will be the whole family.
Nice, I plan to take the kids sometime Sunday morning. Just me and the wife tomorrow.

Reaction score
Possibly viewing tonight depending on how Alamo handles us trooping there. I had heard last year all food, drinks and movie were given to the troops for free. I just hope I'm not too tired since I got up for work at 5:30am.

If not, we'll probably find some random theatre to see it in tomorrow.

Then no matter what, iPic on Saturday with my eldest son and his girlfriend and Ahwautukee AMC on Sunday.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just received an email from Gentle Giant: The PGM Holiday K-2SO Mini Bust is now in stock and ready to ship.
I really wanted this one. But I didn't see a point in a membership as the past few years I have not like many of the gift offerings and I most all of the ones I want. Maybe I can chase one down from a third party someday.

Reaction score
Possibly viewing tonight depending on how Alamo handles us trooping there. I had heard last year all food, drinks and movie were given to the troops for free. I just hope I'm not too tired since I got up for work at 5:30am.

If not, we'll probably find some random theatre to see it in tomorrow.

Then no matter what, iPic on Saturday with my eldest son and his girlfriend and Ahwautukee AMC on Sunday.

Is AMC the only theater with costume restrictions? (No masks or blasters)

Reaction score
I just received an email from Gentle Giant cancelling an order with no details. I checked my account and no longer see the K-2SO mini bust in the list. I had to call and leave a message with customer service because Richard was already on the line with someone else.

I swear this company can never get anything right.

Reaction score
I really wanted this one. But I didn't see a point in a membership as the past few years I have not like many of the gift offerings and I most all of the ones I want. Maybe I can chase one down from a third party someday.
G_T I have this one on pre-order, but I will be canceling because I recently got the Hot Toys K2. Let me know if you want me to push the order through for you.

Last edited: