Phoenix Board #184: TLJ and the holiday season

Reaction score
Nevermind, I just ordered the set on Amazon for $8.79 with free Prime shipping. Not a bad price to get Chirrut’s crossbow.
I've had my eye on the Amazon price for awhile, its been dropping almost daily for a week now. I was going to wait until it got to half price.

Reaction score
So I got an email from Acme Archives for this new print and while I think it's kind of cool, I'm seriously having issue understanding it.

Boba is standing with Han very far off from Jabba's palace. I thought maybe he parked away from the palace concerned someone in Jabba's palace would attempt to take possession of Han from him and Slave I is just out of picture, but that's not the case. Slave I is in the picture next to the palace. So what reason would Boba Fett take Han for a hike through the mountains away from his destination. Did he get out of Slave I and think it was time for a little cardio and didn't want to leave Han behind. I'm just not getting the intent of this picture. And yes, I realize I am over-analyzing, but it bugs me.

Before handing his prized capture over to Jabba, Fett commissioned an artist to help promote his bounty hunter services through out the galaxy. Bib Fortuna insisted that he and his security come along taking one of Jabbas skiffs (out of picture) out to various scenic locations......perhaps.

I almost said Fett hired a photographer but don't ever remember seeing any photos in Star Wars, only holograms.

RDM

Reaction score
I never took it that way. Some kids go bad no matter how well you raise them. Sometimes kids are just screwed up. I lucked out and had four that, while not perfect, have been astoundingly great kids that grew up into some pretty responsible adults.
I get all that being a parent as well but Han was beating himself up pretty bad about things (don't recall the exact dialog though to be honest). If I recall correctly, there was also some EU material that implied Leia was too wrapped up in her Resistance duties.

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
Before handing his prized capture over to Jabba, Fett commissioned an artist to help promote his bounty hunter services through out the galaxy. Bib Fortuna insisted that he and his security come along taking one of Jabbas skiffs (out of picture) out to various scenic locations......perhaps.

I almost said Fett hired a photographer but don't ever remember seeing any photos in Star Wars, only holograms.

THANK YOU for clearing that up.

Reaction score
I get all that being a parent as well but Han was beating himself up pretty bad about things (don't recall the exact dialog though to be honest). If I recall correctly, there was also some EU material that implied Leia was too wrapped up in her Resistance duties.

Was not aware of the EU material. I normally don't follow any of that.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I completely forgot to mention yesterday that Germann & Gilbert Target had one BS6 Rey (Island Journey) in the main SW figure aisle and one around the corner on an endcap along with a BS6 Snoke. No DJ, Rose or Rex. I did not hide any of them since last time no one seemed interested when I mentioned them.

Reaction score
This was posted on the main page... It's an eBay item with a Buy It Now of $14,995 or best offer. It's pretty pathetic looking. It comes with free shipping, so I think I'll send them an offer of $20.

The sad thing is someone put some work into this, but it's just not good.

The Chewbacca outfit my Ex and I made for our son was better than this.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The BS6 Luke with landspeeder dropped to $20 yesterday on Amazon. If you're still in need of this or Rey's speeder, you may want to keep an eye on Amazon. At that price I would be tempted to buy a second one and I'm not even sure what I would do with it.

Reaction score
This poster is hitting theatres now. If it was available on Disney Movie Rewards, who would get it?

I would probably pass on it as I'd prefer to save my points for Episode IX. I don't get a ton of points, so I would prefer to save them.

This could change if there was suddenly a poster with Boba Fett on it.

Reaction score
This poster is hitting theatres now. If it was available on Disney Movie Rewards, who would get it?

I would probably pass on it as I'd prefer to save my points for Episode IX. I don't get a ton of points, so I would prefer to save them.

This could change if there was suddenly a poster with Boba Fett on it.
We’re currently doing work on a Harkins and they have the complete set up in the lobby. I’m trying to save my points for the Disney Studio tour (12,000 points and I’m about halfway there) so I doubt I’ll get them through there. I missed out on TLJ poster when it was available. The ones I like are Lando and the colors on Qi’Ra are nice also.

RDM

Reaction score
The BS6 Luke with landspeeder dropped to $20 yesterday on Amazon. If you're still in need of this or Rey's speeder, you may want to keep an eye on Amazon. At that price I would be tempted to buy a second one and I'm not even sure what I would do with it.
Bummed I missed out on this. I definitely would have jumped on it at that price. I'd like to get one for my Figuarts ANH Luke. Best Buy has them for $35 currently but I'm hoping to score one at $25 or under.

Last edited:
Reaction score
EW has images of new Lego and Hasbro toys (5POA and BS6) from the Solo movie.

Here are links in case you're avoiding spoilers here. Really just characters already seen in the trailer:
http://ew.com/movies/solo-a-star-wars-story-hasbro-toys/hasbros-toys-for-solo-a-star-wars-story/

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/

The figures look to be really well done. The Falcon is a bit of a disappointment and some of the comments made about it have me a little worried on what we may see in the movie.