Phoenix Board #184: TLJ and the holiday season

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
3 films based on Qi’Ra? I’m ok with that.
I'm just the opposite. I don't want these recognizable actors in my Star Wars films. Emila Clarke, Woody Harrelson, Thandie Newton... They're all too recognizable. I want actors that I have barely seen in anything. Rogue One was great in this way. Yes, I had seen a few of the people before, but not in any huge roles. The most recognizable actor in the movie played a droid, which was perfect.

Had Woody been cast as a creature and I hadn't seen his face, then he would be fine. Don't get me wrong, I like Harrelson, but I'm just not sure he belonged in Star Wars.

Reaction score
That tagline about being the funniest Star Wars movie has me a little scared. What a lot of people think is funny, I find little humor in. I hate stupid comedy. Especially when it's so outrageous there's no way it would ever happen in real life.

Reaction score
Thank you! I enjoy weathering.

I painted/weathered a couple of toy pistols for a photo contest my wife and I did years ago on my motorcycle forum. There were people that thought they were real. I also won the contest.
AT-ST looks really good. I can't remember can those come completely apart or did you paint yours all together ?

Reaction score
AT-ST looks really good. I can't remember can those come completely apart or did you paint yours all together ?
Thanks! I pulled off the individual parts: Head, neck, body, legs, leg supports, chin gun. I could've unscrewed everything and done the smaller individual pieces, but no need to in this case. I used a black primer and then hit it with about four different colors of spray paint. Then from there went at it with acrylics to add weathering and battle damage.

Reaction score
Thanks! I pulled off the individual parts: Head, neck, body, legs, leg supports, chin gun. I could've unscrewed everything and done the smaller individual pieces, but no need to in this case. I used a black primer and then hit it with about four different colors of spray paint. Then from there went at it with acrylics to add weathering and battle damage.
Looks great!

Reaction score
Wow you really went to town on it, I guess that's what it takes to make it look that good.

Reaction score
I'm just the opposite. I don't want these recognizable actors in my Star Wars films.
I feel the same way and prefer them to be (relatively) no-name actors when they're introduced. Harrelson bugs me more than any other since I just don't care for him anyways.

Reaction score
Posted on Yakface...

During Hasbro’s 2017 earnings conference call this morning, CEO Brian Goldner stated that, in the future, product launches (i.e. events like Force Friday) for Star Wars entertainment will be timed closer to the entertainment’s release and not have months of lead in as happened with The Force Awakens, Rogue One and The Last Jedi and more in the vein of how it’s being handled for Solo: A Star Wars Story.
I'm very happy about this. At least we'll have some clue if certain items may show up in the film.

Reaction score
Looks great!
Thanks!

Wow you really went to town on it, I guess that's what it takes to make it look that good.
It really wasn't all that much work. The part that took the most time was cutting Sintra panels to fit inside the thighs, then using Bonda glazing and spot putty to fill in the gaps. The whole process if done all at once only takes a 4-5 hours at most.

Reaction score
OFF TOPIC

I received my Prime 1 Studio Batman bust recently and I have to say it's definitely as good of quality as anything from Gentle Giants. It's much taller and probably in scale with Premium Format size or at least very close. There's actually a full size statue that utilizes this same sculpt that stands 34" tall (including base), but I didn't have a spare $900 to throw at it and personally I didn't care for the statue as much as the bust. It comes with three heads: masked (which they call "damaged" and I'm not sure why), masked with angry expression and an unmasked. Personally, I would've loved that it came with only the normal masked head and cut the cost down, but it is what it is. The head is held in place by a magnet much like a lot of Gentle Giant mini busts. He has a slight resemblance to Affleck, but not so much that I think of Affleck when I look at it. I'd definitely prefer it resembling Affleck over Clooney or Keaton.

I plan on creating a display shelf for it that will include places to showcase the three large diecast Batmobiles that I have owned for years.

I am very happy with this bust.

So if you're tempted to buy anything from Prime 1 Studios and aren't sure about the quality, I highly recommend it.

Reaction score
I was going to post yesterday but didn't want to bring negativity to the boards so soon after the trailer hit. Today, I don't care as much...:)

I'm just not feeling this movie at all and honestly at this time plan to skip it...which will be extremely hard for me. I ultimately don't have any desire to see anyone besides Ford play Solo and the trailer confirmed that for me. I don't feel that Disney has done the OT characters any justice in the sequel trilogy and having someone else play Solo is just kinda twisting the knife to me.

According to Entertainment Weekly, Harrison Ford gave advice about Han Solo to Ehrenreich, so it sounds like he's behind the movie.

Last edited:
Reaction score
A fun comparison pic of the Falcon. My guess is that we will see the ship will get it's name in the SOLO movie.
So did Lando name it since it was his ship first?

Reaction score
So does a brand spanking new Falcon freak anyone else out? It also makes me think Han and Chewie are slobs. Spring for a little 409 every once in a while.
So I don't think anyone else has mentioned this since the trailer hit - Everyone noticed the "Clean" inside and a non battle damaged exterior. But what about the physical differences.
I saw a leaked LEGO image in November or December that showed the look of the new Falcon. Granted it was LEGO, but there was a GLARING difference from our old MF.
The mandibles are gone, or maybe a better description would be that space between them is filled in and part of the interior of the ship.

The SW Show did a spot about it yesterday.

This is the Lego image I saw leaked 2 - 3 months ago.

Thoughts?

He (Han) obviously "made a lot of special modifications himself" .

Last edited:
Reaction score
So I don't think anyone else has mentioned this since the trailer hit - Everyone noticed the "Clean" inside and a non battle damaged exterior. But what about the physical differences.
I saw a leaked LEGO image in November or December that showed the look of the new Falcon. Granted it was LEGO, but there was a GLARING difference from our old MF.
The mandibles are gone, or maybe a better description would be that space between them is filled in and part of the interior of the ship.

The SW Show did a spot about it yesterday.

This is the Lego image I saw leaked 2 - 3 months ago.

Thoughts?

He (Han) obviously "made a lot of special modifications himself" .
I saw a video that mentioned that this morning. You're right about them being filled in. Also the cannon on top is single, instead of a quad cannon and the RADAR dish points directly up instead of being mounted to a rotating bracket. Supposedly all of this will be explained in the movie.

I do have to say this has piqued my interest a bit about the movie.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Forces of Destiny Leia/Artoo Mexican Con Exclusive is available and in stock at Entertainment Earth.

$49.99

This one has/had some appeal to me when I first saw it. I would definitely leave it packaged. Just not sure I want to pay $50 for it when there are a lot of high end items I have my eye on right now.

Reaction score
So I got an email from Acme Archives for this new print and while I think it's kind of cool, I'm seriously having issue understanding it.

Boba is standing with Han very far off from Jabba's palace. I thought maybe he parked away from the palace concerned someone in Jabba's palace would attempt to take possession of Han from him and Slave I is just out of picture, but that's not the case. Slave I is in the picture next to the palace. So what reason would Boba Fett take Han for a hike through the mountains away from his destination. Did he get out of Slave I and think it was time for a little cardio and didn't want to leave Han behind. I'm just not getting the intent of this picture. And yes, I realize I am over-analyzing, but it bugs me.

Last edited:
Reaction score
They were poor, neglectful parents that couldn't handle raising Kylo...at least according to Disney.
I never took it that way. Some kids go bad no matter how well you raise them. Sometimes kids are just screwed up. I lucked out and had four that, while not perfect, have been astoundingly great kids that grew up into some pretty responsible adults.

Reaction score
LATE POST (Yesterday afternoon)

Indianbend & 101 TRU- Wanted to check on the closing sale that I keep getting emails about. The emails state up to 30% off and this included fixtures. Well, the most I saw discounted was 10% on just about everything except books. Books were not marked down. All sales are final and they stamp your receipt and put a slash through the bar code on what you buy with a marker, so if you're looking for Mint in box, you probably won't get it. I was mostly interested in fixtures, so I didn't buy much of anything. I was hoping to get the exclusive Force Link bracelet with Executioner and Praetorian Guard and I lucked out and found the only one. I got 10% off plus an additional $5 off in rewards points. I had planned on getting this anyway, so it was nice I found it.

This is my first Force Link bracelet and it's pretty lame. It's hard to use and doesn't add to the play in any way. Not that I planned on playing with them, but I just can't picture a kid finding any fun out of this feature as it's very awkward use. Still glad I got the Executioner and Praetorian Guard (with fixed whip).

Germann & Gilbert Target- Picked up a Forces of Destiny Resistance Rey with BB-8 for $12.99. I now have three Reys and when done will have one in all of her outfits.

Reaction score
Rittenhouse and Ocotillo Walmart- They had a number of figures I was seeing on the pegs for the first time, like the DJ basic wave and the Rose with BB droids 3-packs. They had a number of them. They also had the BS3 Rose for $8, so I grabbed one since I passed on her when she was full price. No Luke and I had passed on him too.

Reaction score
Rittenhouse and Ocotillo Walmart- They had a number of figures I was seeing on the pegs for the first time, like the DJ basic wave and the Rose with BB droids 3-packs. They had a number of them. They also had the BS3 Rose for $8, so I grabbed one since I passed on her when she was full price. No Luke and I had passed on him too.
Any sign of the Chirrut/Baze 2-pack? I think it’s supposed to be shipping with the Rose set.

Reaction score
Any sign of the Chirrut/Baze 2-pack? I think it’s supposed to be shipping with the Rose set.
Nevermind, I just ordered the set on Amazon for $8.79 with free Prime shipping. Not a bad price to get Chirrut’s crossbow.