Phoenix Board #184: TLJ and the holiday season

Reaction score
Is it safe to say that we here will probably see it within the first 24 hours? Or do we need to create another thread for the movie discussion??

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
Is it safe to say that we here will probably see it within the first 24 hours? Or do we need to create another thread for the movie discussion??

I am not scheduled to see it until Saturday at iPic, but there's a chance I may see it Thursday night after trooping at Alamo. I can't say for sure. This was not my original plan, but then I found out the Mandos would be there and I had PTO days to burn, so I took Friday off.

I would suggest keeping it spoiler free for at least the first week.

Reaction score
I want one of these popcorn buckets!!!

Apparently these are available at Disneyland. It's a giant AT-AT ($25) that you can place a bag of popcorn in. It's about half the size of the Kenner/Hasbro AT-AT, so it wont work with the basic line of figures, but it still looks really cool.

Anyone going to Disneyland anytime soon? GSR??? I don't care about the popcorn.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Apparently these are available at Disneyland. It's a giant AT-AT ($25) that you can place a bag of popcorn in. It's about half the size of the Kenner/Hasbro AT-AT, so it wont work with the basic line of figures, but it still looks really cool.

I saw this last month on an YouTube Disney show that I watch from time to time.
I can't imagine hauling this thing around DLR or DCA or WDW for any amount of time.
I would be renting a locker (probably a large one because I don't think it would fit in a small)
and dumping that thing off.

Reaction score
Desiree stopped by a 99 Cent Only store and picked up a Rebels Y-Wing Scout Bomber for $8. I hadn't picked one up prior to this.

Heard TFA Falcon w Finn/Chewy/BB8 are showing up at 99cent stores for 20ish. There are a few on OfferUp for 30

Reaction score

iits on my list as well. Not sure when I’ll be back, I’d like to go around the beginning of the year

Reaction score
The Gentle Giant Bib Fortuna mini bust has made it's way to the U.S. and will be up for orders soon (not pre-orders). One bust per customer.

Here's the schedule of dates:

• Tuesday 12/12 10:00am pst - Platinum Member orders begin.
  • Wednesday 12/13 10:00am pst - Gold Members orders begin (Platinum Members can also order)
  • Thursday 12/14 10:00 am pst - Silver Members can order (orders open to all 2017 PG members)
  • Friday 12/15 10:00am pst - Ordering open to the public

Also, the PGM gift Obi-Wan bust has a light-up lightsaber feature.

Reaction score
I received my Luke (Jedi Exile) and General Leia figures today. Both nice figures and the likenesses are done well.

Luke is the better figure. His hood is removable without removing his head and his outer cloak can be removed, but his sleeves won't match, so no need. He also has swivel wrists and he comes with hit Prog skewer.

Leia also has a removable cloak and she looks good without it. She has the normal leg articulation, but I would've preferred they skip it since she's wearing a dress and looks completely stupid if you separate her legs at all.No swivel wrists, which is probably good because they'd be too thin.

Reaction score
Huge Thanks to DT for the heads up on the Kylo pop/Tie fighter at Power/60 TRU. They had five picked up one they were $9.99 which I thought was a great price but it was on sale for 40% off so I got it for $6. They had BS6 on sale for half off for $9.99, but nothing really good unless you need a unmasked Kylo.

Reaction score
I think the TRU sale is good until December 30 or 31 on the BS6. I was lucky enough to pick up Snoke, Rose and Jaina plus a few duplicates like Luke and the updated Rey. There was only one of each of the new figures on the pegs; I hit the store a few hours after opening so I was fortunate there were still some left.

I was happy to pick up the Kylo with fighter POP; I'm not sure how long the price is good for but glad I got one in case they go up later.

Reaction score
What does the Pop! Kylo/TIE Fighter look like? I swear I already have this.

UPDATE: I'm guessing you guys are referring to this and I don't have it yet since it's not supposed to release until 12/12.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Picked up a TIE Striker for $15 and a BS6 Death Trooper for $8 at AZ Ave and Ocotillo Ross. They actually had quite a few Star Wars items. They had the Target BS6 Rogue One 3-pack for $22+. Still too high since all I want is the Death Trooper.

Reaction score
What does the Pop! Kylo/TIE Fighter look like? I swear I already have this.

UPDATE: I'm guessing you guys are referring to this and I don't have it yet since it's not supposed to release until 12/12.

Yeah that's it, I don't know how they came up with a $10 price tag for it ?

Reaction score
I think the TRU sale is good until December 30 or 31 on the BS6. I was lucky enough to pick up Snoke, Rose and Jaina plus a few duplicates like Luke and the updated Rey. There was only one of each of the new figures on the pegs; I hit the store a few hours after opening so I was fortunate there were still some left.

I was happy to pick up the Kylo with fighter POP; I'm not sure how long the price is good for but glad I got one in case they go up later.
Nice score on the new BS6 for that price.

Reaction score
The Gentle Giant Bib Fortuna mini bust has made it's way to the U.S. and will be up for orders soon (not pre-orders). One bust per customer.

Here's the schedule of dates:

• Tuesday 12/12 10:00am pst - Platinum Member orders begin.
  • Wednesday 12/13 10:00am pst - Gold Members orders begin (Platinum Members can also order)
  • Thursday 12/14 10:00 am pst - Silver Members can order (orders open to all 2017 PG members)
  • Friday 12/15 10:00am pst - Ordering open to the public

Also, the PGM gift Obi-Wan bust has a light-up lightsaber feature.
Awesome I'm excited to get this one.

Reaction score
And on a more important note... I forgot to post yesterday that I found all of the Star Wars Dole banana stickers and somehow my bunch came home with all four of the new ones: Porgs, Phasma, Praetorian Guard and BB-8.

Reaction score
And on a more important note... I forgot to post yesterday that I found all of the Star Wars Dole banana stickers and somehow my bunch came home with all four of the new ones: Porgs, Phasma, Praetorian Guard and BB-8.

Congrats, all four on one bunch that's just bananas !!!!

Reaction score
Kylo Ren black series FX lightsaber is on sale for $150 at TRU and its buy one get one 40%. Anyone still looking for one and want to split the deal? $90 each doesn't seem too bad.

Reaction score
Yesterday I received an email from BUDK.com, who deals with a lot of knives, swords and survival equipment, and one item really caught my eye... It was a Gletcher M712 Broom Handle Mauser. I'm not a big gun guy, but it looked strangely familiar and I did a Google search for "Han Solo Mauser" and sure enough, it was the starting piece for Han's blaster. They had a sale on yesterday only for $99 with free shipping. It's has a metal body and barrel and looks like it would be easy to make this a very close representation of Han's blaster. Well, last night I got word that Santa ordered it for me. Santa is not very good at being sneaky.

Reaction score
Regal Robot has the pewter Mando Skull for 20% off with coupon code: ACTION2017 putting it right about $80 + shipping. I'll be passing on it since I recently ordered the wall plaque from them instead. The offer is good until Wednesday.

Reaction score
WOO HOO!!!

It could use some weathering as he looks far too clean and monotone looking, but I can fix that. Not crazy about the hinged toes, but if they want articulation it pretty much required. I would've been okay with a static version. The saddle looks to be part of the Dewback mold. I would've preferred a separate piece to make it look more realistic. Again weathering will help.

Supposed to be priced at $50. It's already showing up in TRU databases.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is going to be a very long week.

We're going to be at the Alamo Theatre in Chandler Thursday night in armor to help promote the movie. Not sure if we'll see the movie that night or not. We have tickets for Saturday at iPic and Sunday at AMC. if we don't see it Thursday night, we may just hit a random theatre on Friday since we have the day off.