Phoenix Board # 183: Fall and The Last Jedi

Reaction score
Forgot to mention I saw two of the Cloud City Pop! 3-packs at Greenfield/60 WM yesterday if anyone is still looking. Didn't see any Ewok sets.

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
Posted on Gamespot.com...

Gamespot.com said:
A new trailer for Star Wars: The Last Jedi is coming on Monday, October 9. A teaser trailer released today shows Rey wielding a lightsaber, which is interesting. Now, director Rian Johnson has spoken up to say that, while he enjoys the trailer, you may want to avoid it if you're hoping see The Last Jedi with fresh eyes come December.
That already basically goes without saying, as a trailer for anything--even a video game about a big, mean goose--will spoil something for you. But movie trailers these days can sometimes give too much away. And Johnson's specific language--"absolutely avoid it"--seems to suggest that this new trailer could have some kind of big reveal. We don't know for sure, but we'll find out soon, as the trailer it set to drop during Monday Night Football
tomorrow evening on Disney's sports channel ESPN.
Looks like a lot of sites are reporting the same thing.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Posted on Gamespot.com...

Looks like a lot of sites are reporting the same thing.
Although it would be easy enough to avoid watching the trailer, I don't think it would be possible to avoid whatever the reveal is (if there is one) before it's released. Unless one pulls a Kenobi and becomes a hermit until then.

Reaction score
Nice job on the display, it opens up to a pretty good size. Cool ship stands what did you use to make them ?
A while back I was trying to find a way to make inexpensive flight stands for my superhero action figures. You can read more about those here:
http://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=95205 I bought a ton of these acrylic straws on clearance from Walmart awhile back for $0.25 to $0.50. Then combined them with cheap wine glass bases from the 99cents Only store and Dollar Tree.

I thought I could use them for my Star Wars displays with the ships. I like that they are clear and can be cut to different sizes with a dremmel. But they only work well with flat bottomed ships and they could fall over a little too easy if someone bumps into the shelf.

I needed a bigger base to prevent tipovers. I bought a few different sizes at Walmart ranging in price from $1 to $2.47. The super thin plaques are no good, they need to be deep enough for the dowels. These are all 3/4" thick.

Most of Hasbro ships have deep screw holes on the bottom of their ships. Many range in different diameters so its helpful to have an assortment of wooden dowel sizes. Walmart sells them pretty cheap.

A bigger base makes it much more steadier but these 3/16 dowels are a little wobbly, I may replace with acrylic or metal rods. Obviously it will look better once painted.

The Falcon has much bigger screw holes and uses 5/16 dowels. This stand is very stable. I still may replace with acrylic rods, since I prefer clear rods. I know they're pretty cheap on Ebay. I may add some Star Wars logo decals to the bases later.

I wanted to be able to display ships slanted as well. I bought some of these metal tent pegs at the 99Cents Only Store. I bent the tip and added a little tape to the end to make it thicker.

I'm still experimenting, any suggestions are welcome.

Reaction score
Sorry if my images are too large, I'm trying to figure out how to resize them.

Reaction score
Just received from Gentle Giant...

Gentle Giant said:
Dear Valued Gentle Giant Collector,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your patience and continued support during the last few weeks.
We have been working on creating a more secure site for our consumers and are happy to announce that the site is now live. For security reasons passwords were not carried over to the new site; you will be required to reset your password. Please select “Forgot password?” link and enter the email address you used on the previous website. Once you are logged into your account you will be able to view your billing and shipping information, previous orders and available reward points.

At this time, we can only take orders for in stock items. When you place a new order for in stock merchandise you can enter your payment method. If you have orders that are Awaiting Payment (previously marked as Pending in the old system – this includes any pre-orders or in stock orders where payments have not been processed); we will notify you when you can add a NEW Payment Method to your account.

We will be rolling out with the pre-order functionality over the next few weeks. Notifications will be sent out once pre-order functionality is live.
Important information regarding pre-orders:

All previously submitted pre-orders are in the system and once the site has been configured to take payment information through the customer account settings we will send out notification.

For Platinum members that have made gift selections:
- Your selections are not visible on the new site at this time, but your selections are saved.
- Your selections will be converted into actual orders within the next few weeks.

For Platinum members that have not made their gift selections:

- You will have the opportunity to do so once the pre-order functionality is available.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions send your inquiries to customerservice@gentlegiantltd.com or call us at 818.504.3555 Monday through Friday between 9am and 5pm PST.

Thank you,

Gentle Giant Ltd Customer Support

Last edited:
Reaction score
Saw tickets are up but not at the AMC Dolby Cinema in Mesa yet. I’ll be at the DBacks game tonight so I hope I don’t miss them.

Reaction score
The theatrical poster...

Hopefully Disney will put this up soon for Disney Reward Points. I have mine waiting.
Awesome poster. I hope Disney puts it up soon as well. I got an email from them that some or all of my Rewards points are going to expire next month, would like to use them for this.

Reaction score
It was great to catch up with Kielbassa today; I picked up the POP! Medical Droid for myself and the Gamestop TBS6 Inferno Squad Agent for Ares.
Nice to see you too! Thanks for the assists with the Jyn Pop! for me and the TIE pilot for Ares.

Reaction score
I'm still experimenting, any suggestions are welcome.

I think the picture size is fine, that's some pretty good ingenuity. Thanks for sharing the pic's and good idea's. If I ever get some time I may try a few things.

Reaction score
And this would be great, except they used the Poe/TFA flight suit instead of the OT!!!

Reaction score
I like the x-wing set but the flight suit error is a pretty big deal. I can't believe they screwed that up. Any ETA on it's release?

Funko has no Quality Control. They've misspelled words on T-shirts. They have the TLJ Costco packs listed as "Rebel" and not "Resistance". They missed painting Aayla's mid section. They're slapping this stuff together too quickly just to make a buck.

I do like the Kylo Ren in fighter.

Reaction score
BIG THANKS to Desert Trooper for the BS6 Praetorian Guard and Pop! Jyn and also playing middle man for me and Kielbassa.

Germann & Gilbert Target- Nothing Great.

Germann & Gilbert Walmart- Nothing great.

Chandler Mall Target- Nothing great.

AZ Ave & Pecos Walmart- Did find the BS6 Centerpieces for $35. Still holding.

Reaction score
BIG THANKS to Ares_X for the POP! Rides Wedge and the POP! red Stormy.

Even though, I'm not a big fan of these new POP! rides, Wedge is the best of the series so far. The red Stormtrooper looks good. I'm glad Funko didn't repaint the original Trooper head and gave us a whole new head sculpt.

Reaction score
No TBS 6 Centerpiece or Rey and Luke speeders at the Walmart near the Chandler Fashion mall--I don't know if they ever had any and none that I could see at Riverview. The Riverview store is getting ready for inventory and got rid of their clearance aisle.

Reaction score
Got my NYCC Saw and DSD Pop!s from B&N and my Dengar and K-2SO Pop!s from Amazon today. All arrived in great shape.

Reaction score
Walmart Chaparral/Pima- Picked up the only Luke Centerpiece for $25, hopefully I can find the Vader for this price. They are nice but Hasbro way overpriced these.

Reaction score
I just ordered the Spin Master Fully Interactive Hero BB-8. This has been gnawing at me since Ground Trooper brought it up about a month or so ago. Every site has the exact same price, so I didn't have to worry about that until it hits clearance. I just wanted it to be available at Walmart because if I decide I don't like it, it's super easy to return. It became available one day a few weeks ago and I hesitated and it was gone and has been since. Then today I found it on Target and it qualifies for the $25 off of $100 purchase, plus I get 5% additional off with the Target Red card, plus FREE shipping, so I went for it. Supposed to be here by next Wednesday.

Reaction score
So I have been somewhat interested in Regal Robot's Mandalorian skull, but now I think I'm sold...

Something about it being on the golden yellow plaque matching his armor just works for me. Plus it's a really good size and reasonably priced at $75.