Phoenix Board # 183: Fall and The Last Jedi

Reaction score
It was great seeing Ares and Desiree this morning. Breakfast was good. Catching up was good.

The TA Toy drive was pretty weak. I felt like they just phoned it in this year. My observations.

1. Publicity. There really wasn't any. They didn't have it on their web site as far as I know and nothing on social media. It's like they decided to have it on 12/2 and sent out emails to the different cosplay groups in PHX. I was there from 10:00 - 12:30ish and most of them people who were there were from the different groups.

(EDIT - OK I am wrong about social media - They did do a FB post about the event at 3:30am TODAY. There was NOTHING on their Twitter account.)

The toy drive: In past years they would give you a price list for the sale if you donated some toys to the drive. Also in past years the more you brought the more tickets you would get so you had a better chance of winning something. Not this year. If you brought one item you got one ticket. If you brought 2 items you got ONE ticket. If you brought 2 huge bags of toys you got one ticket as far as I could tell. I got my raffle ticket but they failed to give me the price list. So if I did want to actually buy something I would have paid full price. Or maybe if I showed my raffle ticket I would have got the sale deal. I can't tell you what kind of deals they had since I didn't get a price list.

The Drawing: They also had a separate drawing which I was NOT told about when I made my donation. You filled out a slip of paper with your name and phone number on it and dropped it in a bowl which there were 3 with different prizes on the bowls. I only found out about this from Ares later. I don't know what the rules were for this so I filled out a slip and dropped it in the SW prize pack and filled out another for a Super hero prize pack. The 3rd prize pack was for a Monster High doll pack. I passed. Everyone around me in line was filling out multiple slips because this wasn't being policed by anyone.

The highlight was definitely the cosplay groups. Here are a few pics I took.

Mando Mercs, 501'st and Rebel Legion - The Mercs seem to out number them all.

Add in Transformers and Ghostbusters groups and a few misc people.

Mercs unmasked.

Mercs - Masked

Santa Jawa.

Sorry to be Debbie Downer but like I said it felt very unorganized and unplanned. But some kids will get some cool toys for Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
I have to agree with Ground Trooper. The event was definitely not well organized by Toy Anxiety. If they did poorly on their sale, it was nobody's fault except their own. They did have price sheets and I was not told to grab one, but later I walked up and told them I never got one and they handed it to me, so not too bad. Not that it mattered. I didn't buy anything.

We still had a lot of fun with the Mando group. We hung out on the street corner trying to drum up business and people would scream and honk and we'd just wave back. Unfortunately what started out as a nice overcast, cool morning quickly became very hot. Especially when wearing armor.

Ground Trooper- Desiree specifically told me to tell you that the pictures you took with her camera came out great. She also wants to thank you for the help you gave us. And I thank you as well.

Reaction score
PV TRU- They had the large kids riding landspeeder on sale for $249.99 (Today only). Sorry for the late post if you're interested, but we just got home. Desiree ended up picking up two more stuffed Porgs bringing our count to 5 now. If these things suck in the movie we'll probably end up doing something really mean to them like strapping Porg hides to our armor.

Indianbend & 101 Target- Desiree found the life-size animated Porg with sound effects. I had been wanting this for a while, but it was only recently released and the best price I found on Amazon was $30. It was $25 at Target, so I bought it. It sounds just like from the trailer and his mouth opens and his wings flap. It's much nicer than the one I bought on Force Friday that walks around and makes noise. They also had a lot of the BS6 Ahch-To Lukes and the basic ROTJ 3-pack.

Reaction score
Ground Trooper- Desiree specifically told me to tell you that the pictures you took with her camera came out great. She also wants to thank you for the help you gave us. And I thank you as well.
No problem. It was fun being your "handler". And thanks for breakfast!

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a high school friend who has a little boy who wants a Saw Gerrera Hot Wheels car.

Has this wave hit yet?

I have done some basic looking but I haven't had any luck. So I don't know if it has been released yet or not. If is has, is it so old that she has no chance of finding one for her little guy?

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a high school friend who has a little boy who wants a Saw Gerrera Hot Wheels car.

Has this wave hit yet?

I have done some basic looking but I haven't had any luck. So I don't know if it has been released yet or not. If is has, is it so old that she has no chance of finding one for her little guy?

I just did a Google image search for one and can't even find a picture of a Saw car. Does she know for a fact that one as been released? If so, I don't remember it.

Reaction score

Has this wave hit yet?

I think its part of the newer waves that are coming, If its not on ebay then then its safe to say its not out yet. Here's a pic though:

Reaction score
Ya I found a pic earlier in the week so I knew what to look for. But wasn't sure of release date. So she might be on a wild goose chase for awhile.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Indian Bend/101 Ross. They had the BS6 TFA FO TIE fighter for $69.99. I was tempted but don't have the room for a second one.

Reaction score
I just opened my new TLJ figures and they're pretty good.

While being pretty simple, the Artoo is a nice figure. The rockets can be easily removed without any indication they're missing. The flames can also be removed and the third leg and dome as well. He's basically a build-a-figure, but nicely done.

Rey is great. If you pop off her head you can remove her cloak and then you can remove her vest as well. In addition to the 5 POA, they added swivel elbows. She also has working holster that fits her blaster perfectly.

DJ is okay, but hard to get excited about since I know absolutely nothing about him. His cloak can be removed, but would look weird since his sleeves match the cloak. He has a working holster, but I'm not sure if it was a screw up when molding the blaster or what, but it seems that the barrel is twisted strangely, so the blaster does not fit into his holster well at all.

Reaction score
I just received my The Last Jedi 2-sided poster from DMR. This one arrived in perfect condition. I have it being spread out on my dining table right now. I think I'm going to swap it with my TFA poster in the light box for a little while.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Is Leia shipping with the current 3.75" wave?

I'm glad I picked up all the Movie Moments POPs! when I saw them in store because one of my two orders got lost. I ordered the Cantina and Escape Pod sets to ship to store and the store lost the Escape Pod set; It somehow went missing. Since, I was going to return it anyway, and will get a refund, it's not as bad as it could have been. To say the least, Walmart is not looking very good in their attempt to compete with Amazon.

Reaction score
Is Leia shipping with the current 3.75" wave?

I'm glad I picked up all the Movie Moments POPs! when I saw them in store because one of my two orders got lost. I ordered the Cantina and Escape Pod sets to ship to store and the store lost the Escape Pod set; It somehow went missing. Since, I was going to return it anyway, and will get a refund, it's not as bad as it could have been. To say the least, Walmart is not looking very good in their attempt to compete with Amazon.

And they never will be.

Reaction score
I like your Star Wars Christmas decor Ares. Only 20 days until Christmas and only 10 days until The Last Jedi.
Very nice, I haven't received my poster yet but it did ship.
Thanks and Thanks!

It looks much better in person. For some reason the whites are really blown out in the picture. It was just a quick shot I took with my phone.

Reaction score
My eldest son had bought me a SH Figuarts Executioner for my birthday back at the end of September. It came from some company overseas and finally arrived today. It was worth the wait. The paint is absolutely gorgeous. It's not near as glossy as the Hasbro figure and is extremely crisp. It comes with 4 sets of hands, an open and closed end to his staff and 3 blasters, one of which attaches to his leg. And as usual with these figures, the articulation is incredible.

Again, my iPhone just does not do it justice.

Reaction score
So I made a discovery lat night that I'm not too happy about... I was looking at the cast in the Solo movie and realized as always, Ron Howard has included his creepy brother Clint in the cast. I am soooooooo hoping he's a creature or something.

Reaction score
I just watched a Jimmy Kimmel interview with most of the cast and Laura Dern was asked about being in Star Wars and after hearing her response and how excited she is to be in it, I think I'm okay with it. I never expected her to be a Star Wars fan.

Jimmy asked about Porgs possibly being too cutesy and getting a reaction like the Ewoks did. Everyone seems to like them except John Boyega.

The first word spoken in The Last Jedi is...
  Spoiler:  
"We're"

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just watched a Jimmy Kimmel interview with most of the cast and Laura Dern was asked about being in Star Wars and after hearing her response and how excited she is to be in it, I think I'm okay with it. I never expected her to be a Star Wars fan.

Jimmy asked about Porgs possibly being too cutesy and getting a reaction like the Ewoks did. Everyone seems to like them except John Boyega.

The first word spoken in The Last Jedi is...
  Spoiler:  
"We're"
No real spoilers but good fun interview. I never knew the lengths they went to keep the "I am your father" scene in ESB a secret.
Here it is if you missed it>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWrG4P4QiG4

Last edited:
Reaction score
I pre ordered the following on Amazon, pretty good prices right now:
The Art of Star Wars: The Last Jedi by Phil Szostak Hardcover $19.55
Star Wars The Last Jedi The Visual Dictionary by Pablo Hidalgo Hardcover $11.36
Star Wars The Last Jedi Incredible Cross-Sections by Jason Fry Hardcover $13.78

Reaction score
I pre ordered the following on Amazon, pretty good prices right now:
The Art of Star Wars: The Last Jedi by Phil Szostak Hardcover $19.55
Star Wars The Last Jedi The Visual Dictionary by Pablo Hidalgo Hardcover $11.36
Star Wars The Last Jedi Incredible Cross-Sections by Jason Fry Hardcover $13.78
Those are good prices. I may have to check them out.

I am not loving that cover of The Art of Star Wars: The Last Jedi though. It does not do Daisy justice at all.

I also want to get the novel, but for some reason it has a release date of 3/6/2018. That seems weird. I wonder if this has anything to do with keeping the story from getting leaked.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just watched an "In VIII days" promo for TLJ that had what I would consider a significant spoiler at the end. Guess I'll stop watching TV spots and social media promos now.

Reaction score
Ross at Val Vista and Warner has the RO AT-ACT w Driver, Jyn, and C2-B5 for 89.99 and several other ships in the 15/20 range.

Reaction score
I just watched the best trailer/spot yet. It was on during Big Bang Theory and it got me more excited than any of them. It showed some incredible space battles and First Order Executioners and Praetorian Guards doing more than just stand there.

Oh and it's looking like we'll be trooping at opening night at Alamo Theatre in Chandler.