Phoenix Board # 183: Fall and The Last Jedi

Reaction score
I guess we are overdue for a new thread.

Can't wait for TLJ!

Some of the last posts from the previous thread:

Hot Toys Animated Boba Fett is up for pre-order.

$235

Has anyone seen the BS6” Luke or Rey speeders discounted at Walmart? On some Facebook pages I’ve seen them found for as low as 20.
If anyone sees them, I’d like both please!?
Wow!! I'd like to know where those are as well. I still need the Luke speeder.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
Desert Trooper- Our Target Stormtoopers are here. They ended up arriving by Thursday anyway. Both boxes were in mint condition, but one of them had some sort of residue on the outside (probably from tape), so I opened that one. Target did an excellent job packing the shipping box.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I hit the ValVis/60 B&N when they opened and ended up with nothing. They said people started lining up at 6 a.m.

Charlotte went to the San Tan B&N when they open and picked up the last Jyn and a chrome droid (they had plenty of him) no Saw's left. She said she ran into DT who was able to get a couple Jyn's.

I hit SS Tru later and saw they had one Fett Ride Pop in a beat up box, passed on it. I want him in a good box. I guess I wasn't there early enough.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Pop! Boba Fett & Slave I is up on TRU

I ordered one hoping that it arrives in good shape. If you ordered one and you don't want your box and it's in decent shape let me know in case mine isn't.Thx

Reaction score
Barnes & Noble 77th Ave/Bell Rd: Went to get the new SW book, and was suprised to find the POP! exclusives on a Table. They had 4 DSD's, with boxes in various degrees of being dinged up. I took the one that looked like it had the least damage. They had 3 Saw's that looked in pretty good shape, and 1 Jyn with a big crease in the box. Even with that, I considered getting it, but just didn't like the visor half-open look.

Reaction score
Desert Trooper- Our Target Stormtoopers are here. They ended up arriving by Thursday anyway. Both boxes were in mint condition, but one of them had some sort of residue on the outside (probably from tape), so I opened that one. Target did an excellent job packing the shipping box.
Glad to hear it!! Wasn't sure how they'd ship it. I think you mentioned something on the board about me picking up the GS TBS figure from Kielbassa. Once I meet up with him, I'll try to set up a time when we can meet up. It probably won't be in the next few days though.

I've got an extra POP! Jyn if you're in need of one.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was able to pick up all the Star Wars POPs! in person or online, but I have to sort out duplicate payment issues caused by the problems with the B and N website. At least I only have one extra charge; I heard one person was charged 8 times and someone else 5 times for orders that were cancelled.

The only other NYCC POPs! I'm interested in are The Black Hole Vincent and Maximillian POPs! from Toy Tokyo. Don't know if these have gone live yet; If someone sees them online, can you please post a link? Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Glad to hear it!! Wasn't sure how they'd ship it. I think you mentioned something on the board about me picking up the GS TBS figure from Kielbassa. Once I meet up with him, I'll try to set up a time when we can meet up. It probably won't be in the next few days though.

I've got an extra POP! Jyn if you're in need of one.

Not sure what your tomorrow night is like, but we're hitting Motorcycles on Main tomorrow. It starts at 6pm. We'll probably get there closer to 7pm. I'm not sure if you want to deal with a bunch of bikers though in order to swap Star Wars items.

Kielbassa- How about you?

Reaction score
Not sure what your tomorrow night is like, but we're hitting Motorcycles on Main tomorrow. It starts at 6pm. We'll probably get there closer to 7pm. I'm not sure if you want to deal with a bunch of bikers though in order to swap Star Wars items.

Don't know. That might work. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Last edited:
Reaction score

My son has a baseball game tonight so I'm not available. Also, I ordered a 2-1B Pop! for D_T, but it doesn't look like it'll be delivered today. D_T has a Jyn Pop! for me, so it'd be nice to exchange everything in one swoop. Sorry to hold you off on the TIE pilot.

Reaction score
Forgot to post yesterday's store run...

Gary and Hunt Hwy Walmart
- Picked up single carded Baze, Chirrut and Death Trooper Hot Wheels cars. Not sure if I had an individual Death Trooper yet, but I wanted to be sure, so I grabbed it. They had a number of Jyn, K-2SO and Scarif as well.

Reaction score
Mighty Muggs are coming back (with a new feature)...

Rebelscum said:
When you look at the massive success Funko has had with their POP! figures, it's not surprising to see Hasbro reassess their Mighty Muggs figures. The new assortment, revealed today at the 2017 New York Comic Con, may find a more welcoming audience than the last attempt, and we're curious to see where this line goes. This time around, the figures will feature three alternate facial expressions that can be switched out with the push of a button. Collectors can expect to find these hitting shelves in the first quarter of 2018. Click the thumbnails above for the full gallery.

These aren't bad looking. The fact that they have Vader change expressions cracks me up.

Reaction score
HT Rey looks great. Not fond of the Luke head sculpt. Curious about his costume. Looks more like something out of Lord of the Rings.

Reaction score
HT Rey looks great. Not fond of the Luke head sculpt. Curious about his costume. Looks more like something out of Lord of the Rings.

I felt the same way about the two head sculpts. Hadn't given the costume much thought, but you're right. If he's living on an island with no technology, then he may be limited on what he can use for clothing. He could be making it himself and that would give it a much more LOTR look to it.

Reaction score

I got all my TLJ stuff opened and displayed. Its not permanent (what display is), I will definitely change once I see the movie. I'm experimenting with home made flight stands too.

Some notes I made:
The BB-8 playset comes with a force-link bracelet.
Even though some figures seem like straight repacks (basic Rey/Rey with EPG, basic Kylo Ren/Kylo Ren with ship) they have diferent sound clips.
Some people are reporting that their Rathar has the incorrect Probe Droid chip, so it makes the wrong sounds. Mine has the correct chip.
The probe droid has a black firing missile in the bottom corner of the box, its very easy to miss. Even if you don't care about missiles, it covers up a large hole in the droid.
Others are reporting that some of the sound clips are not from the actual actors, but I'm not sure which ones. Kylo Ren does sound a little different.

Nice job on the display, it opens up to a pretty good size. Cool ship stands what did you use to make them ?

Reaction score
Mighty Muggs are coming back (with a new feature)...

These aren't bad looking. The fact that they have Vader change expressions cracks me up.
Big pass for me these do nothing for me even less than the first ones that came out. It might just be the facial expressions that don't work for me.

Reaction score
Really? I kind of like some of them.

I had said I wasn't going to do the original Mighty Muggs and ended up getting almost all of them.

The Vaders would be a cool 3 pack but that's it for me. It reminds me of the Vader shirt of him with "Expressions" if they actually made different expressions on the shirt and not all the same.

Reaction score
The Vaders would be a cool 3 pack but that's it for me. It reminds me of the Vader shirt of him with "Expressions" if they actually made different expressions on the shirt and not all the same.

No. It's only one Vader with three expressions. You click a button and his expression changes. My guess is the head rotates. Notice how they all have helmets or large hair.

There are "Try me" arrows on the top with a hole in the package, so my guess is the button is on the top of his head.

Not sure how they will accomplish this with Boba Fett or a Stormtrooper.

Last edited:
Reaction score
No. It's only one Vader with three expressions. You click a button and his expression changes. My guess is the head rotates. Notice how they all have helmets or large hair.

There are "Try me" arrows on the top with a hole in the package, so my guess is the button is on the top of his head.

Not sure how they will accomplish this with Boba Fett or a Stormtrooper.
Yeah that's not really working for me either.

Reaction score
Power/McK Target - Picked up wave 2 BS6 I grabbed a leia, Finn, Red Guard, Maz and a extra Snowtrooper. Left a Poe, Snowtrooper and 2 AT-AT Drivers.

Reaction score
Apparently you can get both of these Droid Factory sets on the Disney Parks app. I have not tried. The two BB-8 units in the middle look to be made up and I'm not sure I want them, especially at an extra cost.

UPDATE: I just checked and the BB 4-pack is $29.99 and the R4-X2/Y5-X2 2-pack is $19.99 + shipping.

Got a set of each in the mail today I ordered them together but they shipped them separately. Two nice sets not bad either with the 25%off code that I used.

Reaction score
Power/McK Target - Picked up wave 2 BS6 I grabbed a leia, Finn, Red Guard, Maz and a extra Snowtrooper. Left a Poe, Snowtrooper and 2 AT-AT Drivers.
27th / 101 Target had this wave. I don't know if had them all. I remember seeing, Maz, Fin, Red Guard, and AT-AT Driver. I am guessing the whole wave was there. Just took a quick look in the aisle as I was passing through picking up a new Atari cap.

Reaction score
Anyone interested in a 2015 SDCC exclusive Egg Attack Darth Vader? The exclusive is the light-up saber. Asking $70. PM me if interested.

Can’t figure out how to rotate the pic on my phone.

Reaction score
Just checked my Walgreen's order and found out it had been delivered today, so I just went out and grabbed my Pop! 2-1B from the mailbox. He's very cute.
Read your post so I went out and checked the mail and I got mine too. He looks Awesome!

Reaction score
Tickets to The Last Jedi go on sale TOMORROW.
Unfortunately, the Harkins I usually go to is renovating their CineCapri, and they don't know if it will be finished before TLJ comes out. May have to go to AMC if they have a bigger theater than the regular screens at Harkins.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I picked up these 4-packs at Costco for the GITD lightsabers, and I returned the duplicate figures I had from Force Friday to Walmart. Country Club Costco has one of these full pallet displays of these sets.