Phoenix Board #182: Force Friday Episode III: Revenge of the Retailers

Reaction score
I picked up a case of Funko Mystery Minis at Stapley/60 GameStop. I got the case with only one duplicate (Leia) and 2 of the 3 exclusives (stormy Han and Luke). Some of the ratios of certain figures are crazy. I won't be buying a bunch just to try and get them.

Reaction score
What kind of scam is this?

I have never heard or seen this thing before and it's "premium format", but there is no mention of Sideshow anywhere on the page. It's pretty cool looking, but no way would I pay $1000 for an unlicensed item like that.

Its produced by XM studios and appears to be licensed. Often ebay sellers will put Sideshow/Hot Toys in their listings to get more hits. The part about him transferring his pre-order to you does seem a little fishy though.

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
Its produced by XM studios and appears to be licensed. Often ebay sellers will put Sideshow/Hot Toys in their listings to get more hits. The part about him transferring his pre-order to you does seem a little fishy though.
You're right!

Well now I want it, but I agree about his pre-order thing. I don't trust that at all. I thought it was awfully good for a custom.

It's 24" tall. The original price was $990, so I will not be getting one in the near future.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Last Jedi movie teaser poster is now available on Disney Movie Rewards.

750 points.

I'm debating if I want this one or would prefer to wait for the actual movie poster. I only have 680 points as of right now anyway, but I may have some I need to enter still.

Reaction score
EE has the RO 4" Bistan/shoretooper captain 2-pack up for pre-order for $17.99:
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HSC0928

Availability is listed as December.

Considering I was getting these 2-packs way cheaper than the original cost and they're not exclusive, I am not jumping on this one. I'll probably end up with an army of Bistans to go with my Paos and Moroffs.

Did you see they also have Fenn Rau listed for December as well? $10.99

Reaction score
Considering I was getting these 2-packs way cheaper than the original cost and they're not exclusive, I am not jumping on this one. I'll probably end up with an army of Bistans to go with my Paos and Moroffs.

Did you see they also have Fenn Rau listed for December as well? $10.99
I hadn't seen that. Thanks. $11 + shipping is a little pricey, but I pulled the trigger. I can always cancel if a better price comes along before Dec.

Reaction score
I managed to scrounge up 750 DMR points and ordered the TLJ poster.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Last Jedi movie teaser poster is now available on Disney Movie Rewards.

750 points.

I'm debating if I want this one or would prefer to wait for the actual movie poster. I only have 680 points as of right now anyway, but I may have some I need to enter still.

I think I'll wait for the final movie poster, I've only got so much wall space. I noticed that they also added the Ant-man and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 1 movie posters. I keep refreshing hoping for Spider-man: Homecoming.

Reaction score
I hit a few Targets on the way home tonight and found a bunch of clearance deals.
3.75 Rogue One/Rebels figures for $2.38 each- I grabbed a bunch of Imperial Ground Crew, and a few Kanan/Sandtroopers.
3.75 TFA for $2.30 each. I grabbed some FO TIE pilots, Resistance Troopers, Poe Damerons in X-wing gear (just wanted extra X-wing pilots).
Jedha Revolt for $7.48 each. Got a couple.
Jakks 18" Stormtrooper for $5.98.
Funko plush Tusken Raider/Bantha $8.98. I don't normally buy plush but what the heck.
TFA small vehicle/figure packs $5.98 each. Assualt Walker/Stormtrooper and Elite Speeder bike/Stormtrooper.

Last edited:
Reaction score
New Cup Toppers coming to theatres for The Last Jedi. These are kind of neat. Nothing I'll lose my mind over. I just hope the Praetorian Guard looks less toy like in the film.

Possible spoiler: I think BB-8 may have an arch nemesis.

Reaction score
Since the release of Rogue One, I have to say this Tarkin has some appeal to me. I was never a huge Tarkin fan because seeing him the first time as an 8 year old kid, he just seemed like some boring old guy, but with the addition of his role in Rogue One you find out just how key he was to the saga.

Reaction score
I think I'll wait for the final movie poster, I've only got so much wall space. I noticed that they also added the Ant-man and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 1 movie posters. I keep refreshing hoping for Spider-man: Homecoming.
Will they even offer a Spiderman Homecoming Poster since it is still a little bit of SONY? We took our whole staff to Homecoming at AMC Dine-In at the Esplanade. So I had 20+ tickets I was going to submit. Even if 4 was the max I could submit. I went to do it yesterday and it isn't even an option.

Reaction score
Oh crap your right, I totally forgot Homecoming was a Sony movie.

Reaction score
Gilbert & Germann Target- Picked up 3 Resistance Soldiers, 1 Guavian Guard, 1 Hux and 1 extra Hassk Thug (since there were two of them in Maz's place). They did not have any Big Figs and the Deluxe figures with backpacks were over $7. The small vehicles (speeders) were only one FO black Stormtrooper and a whole mess of Ezra and they were $9.99. I got them cheaper than that at Fry's months ago.

Last edited:
Reaction score
After visiting the Phoenix area for the last couple of weeks, the SW distribution situation has been dire while I was here.

Not missing much besides BS6 figures, I found BS6 Lando at 1 Gamestop and I did an ISPU for BS6 Qui-Gon at a second Gamestop. No sign of Royal Guard anywhere. Am I going to have to hit a specialty store here?

Reaction score
After visiting the Phoenix area for the last couple of weeks, the SW distribution situation has been dire while I was here.

Not missing much besides BS6 figures, I found BS6 Lando at 1 Gamestop and I did an ISPU for BS6 Qui-Gon at a second Gamestop. No sign of Royal Guard anywhere. Am I going to have to hit a specialty store here?

Royal Guards are $28.49 USD Prime on Amazon. Price, but probably more than a specialty shop.

Reaction score
It was fun running into GSR & RDM and his boys at the 2017 Game On Expo at the Phoenix Convention Center today. I knew RDM was going and we planned an meeting up.
But randomly running in to GSR was a plus, like RDM said to me when I told him I had run into GSR - He said, "That guy is everywhere". LOL.

Saw a few of the same vendors that were at PCC and there was some booths with Pops, and some booths with misc Hasbro figs including some BS6 Stuff. I saw a Game Stop R2D4. Didn't see a price.

Reaction score
AZ Ave & Ocotillo Target- Picked up 7 regular FO TIE Fighter Pilots and 4 Elite Pilots on clearance. No more TIE pilots at this location. Again no Big Figs. They had about 5 Jedha sets, but still at $12.48.

Reaction score
It was fun running into GSR & RDM and his boys at the 2017 Game On Expo at the Phoenix Convention Center today. I knew RDM was going and we planned an meeting up.
But randomly running in to GSR was a plus, like RDM said to me when I told him I had run into GSR - He said, "That guy is everywhere". LOL.
It was a pleasant surprise running into you. I try to go to as many things as I can, otherwise I'll just sit at home. Only things I ended up buying were a Nintendo game (complete with box and manual) & a frosted SW glass.

Reaction score
Hot Topic.com has the R1 Galen, Weeteef and black Death Star Droid for $9; Young Jyn isn't on their site, but I was able to pick her up at SS Hot Topic for $9;
Thanks, saw your post last night and was in the vicinity of San Tan mall HT, so I stopped in and picked up all 4 new ones. Left a young Jyn and Galen and 2-3 each Weeteef and DSD.

Reaction score
Hot Topic.com has the R1 Galen, Weeteef and black Death Star Droid for $9; Young Jyn isn't on their site, but I was able to pick her up at SS Hot Topic for $9;
Thanks, saw your post last night and was in the vicinity of San Tan mall HT, so I stopped in and picked up all 4 new ones. Left a young Jyn and Galen and 2-3 each Weeteef and DSD.
Glad you were able to pick up all four. I got Weeteef and Young Jyn, but left Galen because I couldn't find a box I liked and the SS HT hadn't received any DS Droids, so I ordered Galen and the DSD online.