Phoenix Board #182: Force Friday Episode III: Revenge of the Retailers

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
I got the Obi-Wan shirt. Would love to have to Qui-Gon shirt in XL if anyone is willing to part with theirs.

Aayla's midriff is not blue, but it's sculpted with a belly button like it was meant to be blue. I checked Funko's unboxing video, and it's the same.

Don't look at me. I got stuck with Luke. I hadn't realized they were different.

Reaction score
Picked up a Porg ceramic mug from Fry's Marketplace for $9. Pretty much useless to drink out of, but it cracked me up

Power & Ray Walmart- Picked up Yoda and the Wonder Woman BD/DVD/Digital combo.

Power & Ray Walmart- Picked up Yoda and the Wonder Woman BD/DVD/Digital combo again since they were the same price, but I could get them for 5% off with the Target card.

Reaction score
Checked HasbroToyShop.com this morning for the BS6 Captain Rex that was supposed to be available, but it shows "Out of stock". Not sure if it was available yet or not.

I did find this on the main Rebelscum page, so I'm not as worried. I don't care about the exclusive packaging. Just want the figure.

Rebelscum said:
The Hascon exclusive 6-inch Clone Captain Rex will be available for purchase through the HasbroToyShop on Wednesday, September 20th. Bookmark the link above for your best chance to get in before they sell through. Collectors that like to open one and keep another sealed should take note that the figure will be available in the standard black package in a future wave of The Black Series 6-inch line.

Reaction score
I got my order in, but who knows if it went through. I haven't received confirmation yet.

I wanted to place the order just in case something happened down the road and Rex was pulled from future release plans.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Picked up a Porg ceramic mug from Fry's Marketplace for $9. Pretty much useless to drink out of, but it cracked me up

Power & Ray Walmart- Picked up Yoda and the Wonder Woman BD/DVD/Digital combo.

Power & Ray Walmart- Picked up Yoda and the Wonder Woman BD/DVD/Digital combo again since they were the same price, but I could get them for 5% off with the Target card.

Here's a picture (posted on the main page today) of the Porg mug I picked up. They also had the Chewie and Praetorian Guard along with others, but I just really liked the Porg. I don't remember seeing a Death Star mug.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I picked up the 3.75 Yoda and Obi-Wan at Red Mountain Target.

I also stumbled upon a figure I didn't even know about at the Power and McKellips Walgreens: TBS 6 Obi-Wan(Force Spirit); The figure looks cool. There were seven total on the shelf and I picked up three to help out board members if they can't find one. I didn't stash any because the store was doing a remodel and moving a lot of stuff plus there were workers everywhere. None of the figures were mint--all had some damage. The 6" are 25% off;

Reaction score

I also stumbled upon a figure I didn't even know about at the Power and McKellips Walgreens: TBS 6 Obi-Wan(Force Spirit); The figure looks cool. There were seven total on the shelf and I picked up three to help out board members if they can't find one. I didn't stash any because the store was doing a remodel and moving a lot of stuff plus there were workers everywhere. None of the figures were mint--all had some damage. The 6" are 25% off;

Is that including Obi since it's an exclusive?

Reaction score
Desiree ran out an hit about 4 Walgreens near by. No luck on Obi-Wan, but she did find one each of the 5 POA 6" figures of Rey, Phasma, 3PO and Stormtrooper. They were Buy 2 get 1 free, so I got a deal on one. She also found a Legacy Obi-Wan marked full price.

Reaction score
Desiree ran out an hit about 4 Walgreens near by. No luck on Obi-Wan, but she did find one each of the 5 POA 6" figures of Rey, Phasma, 3PO and Stormtrooper. They were Buy 2 get 1 free, so I got a deal on one. She also found a Legacy Obi-Wan marked full price.

So I was wrong about these being 5 POA...

3PO- Shoulders, Neck and Waist. 4 POA

FO Stormtrooper- Shoulders, Neck and Waist. 4 POA

Phasma- Shoulders, Neck, Waist and right Wrist. 5 POA

Rey- Not sure. Did not open and not sure I'm keeping as it doesn't offer much.

The other 3 characters are excellent. They stand super well and they look really nice. I would easily take more FO Stormtroopers to build armies and 3POs to repaint as other Protocol droids that will more than likely never be made.

Rey just didn't do much. The paint on her face was so-so and from what I could see with her still in package, it just didn't look like she had much detail. I think this format works really well on armored figures or droids though.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Is that including Obi since it's an exclusive?
The Walgreens TBS6 Obi-Wan initially rang up at $19.99, but I was given a price adjustment to $14.99;

Reaction score
Ares--I agree on those value figures. I bought 3PO a few weeks ago and I thought Phasma and the Stormtrooper looked really good; Rey is the worst of the bunch and isn't worth buying;

I saw two each of the new 3.75" Force Link Rey and Kylo figures at Greenfield and Brown Walgreens today priced at $4; I didn't pick them up because I already had these from Force Friday to qualify for the Target gift card.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Pop! TIE pilot deluxe was up on Hot Topic. I was going to get one just because I have Hot Cash and Rewards, but by the time I logged in to HT on my phone, then logged in to PayPal to pay, added my Hot Cash and Rewards codes and took 3 phone calls in the middle of ordering, it was out of stock. Maybe for the better since I'm not a huge fan of these anyway.

Here's the link if anyone is interested in watching it:
http://www.hottopic.com/product/funko-star-wars-deluxe-pop-tie-fighter-pilot-with-tie-fighter-vinyl-bobble-head/11015941.html?cgid=funko-star-wars#start=16

Reaction score
The Pop! TIE pilot deluxe was up on Hot Topic. I was going to get one just because I have Hot Cash and Rewards, but by the time I logged in to HT on my phone, then logged in to PayPal to pay, added my Hot Cash and Rewards codes and took 3 phone calls in the middle of ordering, it was out of stock. Maybe for the better since I'm not a huge fan of these anyway.

http://www.hottopic.com/product/funko-star-wars-deluxe-pop-tie-fighter-pilot-with-tie-fighter-vinyl-bobble-head/11015941.html?cgid=funko-star-wars#start=16

The nice thing about Hot Topic Exclusives is they seem to be easy to pick up in stores in most cases.

Reaction score
The nice thing about Hot Topic Exclusives is they seem to be easy to pick up in stores in most cases.
I don't think it's exclusive to HT anyway. I've seen reports that people found it at FYE too.

Reaction score
On the Star Wars Show, they visit the Lucas Archives warehouse and are opening vintage cases with unopened boxes of Ewok Battle Wagons, Rancors, A-Wings, etc. Those would be crazy to get a hold of.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have the Kylo and like it, how is the Stormtrooper one any regrets?
No regrets, and I agree with everything Ares X said on the helmets. I'm sure Ares X and Ground Trooper could point out inaccuracies on the Stormtrooper helmet better than me, but it still looks really good. Of course Hasbro is going to "toy-ify" them, so they are not true replicas. I don't mind the electronics, I hate when they alter them drastically like they did with the Boba Fett helmet visor. I'm just happy to have an affordable line of 1:1 scale helmet replicas that are reasonably accurate.

Reaction score
Walmart 35thAve/Southern- I picked BS3 Luke, Elite Praetorian Guard, and Executioner Stormtrooper. They all rang up. I left 2 Roses and 2 Lukes.

I checked a few Walgreens on the way home last night but did not find the spirit Obi-wan. I saw the value 6" Rey, Phasma and C-3PO. C-3PO looked really good, Phasma has no neck apparently Rey was meh. Having the BS6 versions already, I don't really have a need for these.

Reaction score

I saw a couple of these at the SS Hot Topic. They were in real good shape but they both had a knife slice on the bottom;

Reaction score
What an AWESOME surprise!!!

Good enough to display on the refrigerator.
Enjoy! I know it fills a BIG hole in your SW Pop collection. I actually found it on ebay and the seller was from Prescott and it didn't break the bank. Sorry it is a little early. I was hedging my bet that you wouldn't check your mailbox for a few days and I have been sitting on this thing for months and months.

Reaction score
Enjoy! I know it fills a BIG hole in your SW Pop collection. I actually found it on ebay and the seller was from Prescott and it didn't break the bank. Sorry it is a little early. I was hedging my bet that you wouldn't check your mailbox for a few days and I have been sitting on this thing for months and months.
The USPS carrier dropped at the door and rang the bell for some reason. I looked and Desiree and told her I wasn't expecting a shipment today. Two tomorrow. Then I saw "Grounds" and couldn't figure it out until I opened it. I wasn't even thinking about it being my birthday, nor was I expecting anything.

I'm glad it came early. I can enjoy K-2SO on the fridge longer this way.

Reaction score
Desiree called San Tan Hot Topic for me today and had them reserve a Pop! TIE Pilot in fighter for me, so I rode over there and picked it up and used my $5 Hot Topic dollars that are about to expire.

San Tan Walmart- Nothing good. One BS3 Rose.

Higley & Williams Field Walgreens- Nothing good, but returned a limited POA 6" Rey.

Higley & Germann Walgreens- Nothing good.

Higley & Chandler Heights Walgreens- Picked up more of the limited POA 6" Stormtrooper, 3PO and Phasma. Only reason I bought Phasma was that it was buy two get one free.

Higley & Chandler Heights Fry's Marketplace-They had an endcap with a bunch of the deluxe figure sets including Probe Droid and Rathtar for $12.94 (or something close to that), so I took a picture of the display and grabbed two Rathtars and when it rang up it was only $5 less, so I told the cashier and she called a manager and I showed him the picture and he said to give it to me. Then I asked about the $5 scanning accuracy guarantee and they took off another $5, so basically I got a Rathtar set for less than $8 and the other for less than $13. They also had Star Wars Kleenex and if you buy 4 they were only 89 cents. Only reason I bought those was because we needed tissues.

Reaction score
My TRU Exclusive Admiral Ackbar and First Order Officer arrived. Ackbar has the cool mouth articulation found in the smaller versions. He has a blaster with no holster. I'm very surprised we got a TFA Ackbar before a ROTJ version in the BS6 line.

The First Order Officer has a blaster and holster and looks very much like this character.

Last edited:
Reaction score
No regrets, and I agree with everything Ares X said on the helmets. I'm sure Ares X and Ground Trooper could point out inaccuracies on the Stormtrooper helmet better than me, but it still looks really good. Of course Hasbro is going to "toy-ify" them, so they are not true replicas. I don't mind the electronics, I hate when they alter them drastically like they did with the Boba Fett helmet visor. I'm just happy to have an affordable line of 1:1 scale helmet replicas that are reasonably accurate.
Thanks for the info, when I get some funds I'll look into getting one.

Reaction score
My Birthday is in two months I need the blue one too lol. Great job with the K-2SO.

Reaction score
Huge Thx DT for the heads up the other day, I was able to swing by and get one of the BS6 WG FS OWK for $14.99.

Reaction score
I got the Obi-Wan shirt. Would love to have to Qui-Gon shirt in XL if anyone is willing to part with theirs.

Aayla's midriff is not blue, but it's sculpted with a belly button like it was meant to be blue. I checked Funko's unboxing video, and it's the same.
I got the OWK shirt.

It was bugging me that Aayla's mid section wasn't painted blue so I happen to have some paint sitting around the house that was a pretty good match.