Phoenix Board #181: Summer, Bad Distribution, Happy 40th Birthday Star Wars!!!

Reaction score
I just checked this morning to see if this bust was up yet. Kind of pricey but I guess it is a deluxe I ordered mine.

Reaction score
Kielbassa - Did you get a chance to check out the old Ben Bust @ Gentle Giant when you were at the Con ? How does it look in person ?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Kielbassa - Did you get a chance to check out the old Ben Bust @ Gentle Giant when you were at the Con ? How does it look in person ?
Yeah their sample looks really good. I hope the final product turns out as nicely.

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
TRU seems to be having issues with my Commander Gree. On their site showing the status of my order, it states it's been bumped to Tuesday delivery with 3 days left, but in the comments it shows that it's on the Fed Ex truck for delivery today. TRU has some of the worst service.

Reaction score
I went to open the door when heading out to take the dogs to the park and there was a small box on my doorstep. Gree arrived.

Definitely a nice figure. I wished they would've had some way to attach the binoculars to his belt and I am definitely super gluing that antenna in because it fell out 3 times in just a couple of minutes of messing with him.

Reaction score
There are 3 pics of him in the visual guide that kind of show a little bit. Not much b

Those are some of the better shots I've seen. Thanks!

I really want one of the back, but can't find any online. I did play the movie and captured a still, but it's not very clear at all. Mostly it just looks like a lot of straps holding the cylinders on his back.

What I don't get is that Hasbro produced the Edrio character as a figure, but Benthic is the one that does all the talking in the movie and is seen far more and personally I think looks a whole lot cooler than Edrio with the long coat, backpack and extra canisters. The nice part is that Benthic is pretty easy to create from an Edrio figure, where that wouldn't be true the other way around.

Reaction score
Stopped by the San Tan Disney Store after dinner and the Star Wars section is only one part of the wall, but they have a ton of stuff in the clearance section. All Elite Diecast figures are $5.99 and then an additional 25% off, so they come to $4.50 each. They had Jyn, Cassian, Chirrut, Baze, Bodhi and Finn. I was about to buy all of them, but the human characters tend to look very pasty and fake. I did pick up Finn. He didn't look pasty. I also picked up the small figurines set for Rogue One, which was marked $10, but only cost $7.50. The 12" Elite figures were also only $7.50. They had two of the TFA FO 5 packs of Diecast figures, but even with 25% off it was still $57 and I already have 3 of the figures.

Reaction score
Does anyone have a good picture of the back of Benthic Two Tubes? Not Edrio. I want a good shot of his back pack.

All I have found are other people's customs and I have no idea how accurate they are.

Here's another partial view:

This amatuer propmaker made one but I'm not sure what he used for reference.

I bought an extra Jedha Revolt set for $12.48 at Target so I can have an extra Two Tubes. I'm not sure I'll ever have time to customize Benthic though.

Reaction score
Here's another partial view:
Thanks! That's one of the best ones I've seen so far. I thought those stripes on the tubes were straps. This helps a lot. I would've never guessed pink from the screen capture I have.

If you have a spare Bail Organa figure, his cloak fits perfectly and the boxes attached to the tubes unsnap with a little force from the sides of Edrio.

Reaction score
So I was feeling lazy today, so Desiree stuck in Rogue One and I spent some a couple of hours after work customizing Benthic. He's by far not even close to 100% accurate, but he's good enough as far as I'm concerned. He looks very different from Edrio and he looks pretty tough in the long jacket.

Reaction score
Looks really good what did you use for the back pack? Can we see what the back looks like finished?

Reaction score
It looks like Benthic to me. I would love to make one myself, but Hasbro will probably get to it before I do. I'm working on my Star Wars room in my spare time, and I have a long way to go.

Reaction score
Looks really good what did you use for the back pack? Can we see what the back looks like finished?
The back pack is made up from the following:

• Backpack rails: stem from some projectiles from one of the TFA or Rogue One accessories that weren't from the movie.
  • Cylinders: Cut up a round chopstick I happen to have.
  • Straps: Cut the strap off of an extra Logray pouch that I've had for years.

I'll get a picture of the back up later.

Reaction score
It looks like Benthic to me. I would love to make one myself, but Hasbro will probably get to it before I do. I'm working on my Star Wars room in my spare time, and I have a long way to go.

Hasbro may make one eventually, but they don't seem to be cracking out the TFA and RO figures as quickly as they used to now that we have a new Star Wars movie every year. It could be a while.

Oh and I hear you on the Star Wars room. I started about 12 years ago and still haven't finished. I am planning to take some vacation time and dedicating it to working in my room. I just have too many projects going on at once.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Are the Jedha Revoit packs on clearance anywhere currently?
I saw about 10 of them at Gilbert & Germann Walmart for $13. Only slightly higher than they were at Target.

Did I get you interested in making a Benthic?

If anyone buys these sets and isn't interested in the extra Tank Driver (which I doubt), I would be willing to buy it from you for a reasonable price.

Reaction score
Here's the back of Benthic. Nothing phenomenal, but there's not much to it either.

Looks cool, are you going to add straps from the backpack to his body or shoulders kind of looks like the backpack is floating on his back right now ?

Reaction score
Looks cool, are you going to add straps from the backpack to his body or shoulders kind of looks like the backpack is floating on his back right now ?

Actually I was thinking they went through the jacket (much like Boba Fett), but after looking at the pic again I do see the straps, so I should probably do that. I'll have to see what I can find.

Not sure how I missed that.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Still trying to unload my BS6 collection. Check out my FS thread:
http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1134597

I will sell any combination of two remaining individual TFA or RO figures for $28 for local pickup, including exclusives. Would still like to get $20 each for other characters (Jango, Ahsoka, ANH Luke, etc.). I also still have a carded 40th ann. death squad trooper available.

Reasonable offers are welcome on multi-figure sets as well.

Reaction score
Forces of Destiny figures/dolls are available all over. TRU sent an email announcing them. They're also on Amazon and Target has just the Leia/Wicket set.

I would like to get Rey, Rey/BB-8 and possibly Jyn and Sabine. I may wait though since I have a feeling these may have some serious sales involved with them. Plus Force Friday may have something with them too.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ellsworth & Rittenhouse Target- All of the new Forces of Destiny dolls. I plan to get both Reys at some point, but going to wait for a sale. I will get Jyn and Sabine on clearance. Sabine did not blow me away since she doesn't look the way I picture Sabine looking. They also had the Forces of Destiny Rey staff and the lightsaber kit and the packaging has a girl on it. It's a new age.

Reaction score
Has anyone heard what the Smugglers Bounty Pop! figure is for the Jedi set yet? Personally, I would like to see a Saesee Tiin or Yareal Poof. Even another chance at a Qui-Gon would be nice. I just hope it's not another Old Ben, Luke or Yoda. I could see them doing an AOTC or ROTS Obi-Wan and considering the video just released, that may be the case.