Phoenix Board #181: Summer, Bad Distribution, Happy 40th Birthday Star Wars!!!

Reaction score
New thread, mmmmmmhhhh... can you smell it?

Due to bad distribution and limited 3.75" offerings my Hasbro purchases have decreased considerably duing the last year and a half. I've been buying some Disney stuff (specially droids) but not a lot of TFA and RO stuff. I am hoping the B3 line keeps going but Hasbro and Walmart will need to step it up from a distribution/availability point of view.

Some of the last posts from the previous thread

Is anyone interested in a Custom Hoth Rebel Base Cavern that I never finished. I was making this for some BS6 Snowtroopers, but changed my mind. It's too big for what I wanted and doesn't work well in my room. I was home sick one day and was bored, so I sat on the couch cutting up cardboard and used a lot of masking tape to form the cavern shapes. It's mostly covered with drywall spackle, but still has some bare tape parts. I was then going to paint and clear coat with an acrylic to make it durable. It still needs more spackle in some areas, but not much and needs the tubes and wires you see in the Hoth base. Plus there's a little cubby hole in the back for machinery. It would easily fit 2-3 figures for display. My thoughts were two Snowtroopers and Vader. It's free to anyone interested.

Custom Hoth Rebel Base Cavern

New The Last Jedi pictures from Vanity Fair. No spoilers. Some new creatures. I have not read the article yet, so I do not know if it has spoilers.

Tomorrow only!

Last edited:
Reaction score
There currently is one BS6 R5-D4 on the shelf at Chandler Mall GameStop as of @ 6pm.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If anyone sees a Lego K2SO figure on clearance at Walmart can you let me know or stash. GF/60 didn't have any on the shelf, Falcon Field has two at full price. SS Walmart had the tag ($5.00) but no figures.

Didn't see any 40th Black Series today, but I didn't make too many stops.

SS Walmart did have six Seventh Sister POPs!

RDM

Reaction score
And I guess this happened...

So finders keepers?

Or the Baton has been passed.

Not sure how I feel about that.
To me "Rey's lightsaber" would be one she made for herself.

My question though is who are they going to say the Falcon belongs to? It better be Chewie.

Last edited:
Reaction score
WOW, A man was arrested at Phoenix Comic Con today armed with numerous real weapons.

Luckily nothing escalated, I hear they are going to get tougher on letting in any type of weapons real or not. Be safe people !

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here's an update for everyone attending PCC this weekend after today's events.

Convention Director Matthew Solberg here with an important and urgent message:
In light of recent events, Phoenix Comicon, in cooperation with the Phoenix Convention Center and the Phoenix Police Department, will be implementing enhanced screening to ensure the safety of all our attendees. This screening includes three dedicated access points, no longer allowing costume props within our convention or the Convention Center, and other methods as determined in conjunction with t...he Convention Center and Phoenix Police Department. We anticipate some delays as you are entering the building and we encourage you to carry as little as possible to make the process easier.
These new policies will take effect starting tomorrow, Friday, May 26th.
The three access points for entrance into the Convention Center with those who have a valid badge:
West Building entrance at 2nd Street, between Washington and Monroe.
Third Street at Washington
Third Street at Monroe
For those who need to collect their badge from registration you will ONLY be able to use the access point at Third Street at Monroe.
Con on Third will no longer be open to the public, and will require a valid badge to enter.
Costume props will no longer be allowed on-site. All costume props should be left at home, in your car, or in your hotel room. This includes costume props for staff, crew, costuming groups, panelists, and participants in the masquerade ball. Any panels or activities impacted by this change will be updated on the website soon.
All costume props are no longer allowed, including foam and cardboard props, shields and sabers. Purchased props will be wrapped by the vendors and must remain so while they are on-site. We encourage you to take your purchases to your car or hotel as soon as possible after purchase.
We understand these are last minute changes as a result of recent events.
We appreciate your patience as we continue to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all our patrons and we look forward to a great event.
Matthew Solberg
Convention Director

Reaction score
Dammit!!! We just got home and found out. What kind of pirate or Mandalorian assassin walks around without weapons?
Stupid thing is, it's not just weapons. It's props of any type that are now banned. There's gonna be a lot of pissed off people. And it looks like they are now offering refunds to those who want them. Hope this doesn't kill it for the future.

That being said, I actually got to go with my 2 older kids for just today. Met Timothy Zahn and Kevin J Anderson and spent a lot of time browsing the exhibitor hall.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Dammit!!! We just got home and found out. What kind of pirate or Mandalorian assassin walks around without weapons?
Stupid thing is, it's not just weapons. It's props of any type that are now banned. There's gonna be a lot of pissed off people.
Yep really dumb. Not even cardboard guns or swords.

Can you imagine being a cosplayer who spent hours at the last minute to finish a weapon or other prop only to be told you can't take it inside the con. Does this mean the cosplayers will be outside in the heat?
I guess I will find out tomorrow.

Reaction score

Can you imagine being a cosplayer who spent hours at the last minute to finish a weapon or other prop only to be told you can't take it inside the con. Does this mean the cosplayers will be outside in the heat?
Yep, they'll be outside at one of what is now only 3 choke-points, I mean entrances.

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)

Hmmmmm... Can I imagine that??? Desiree has a brand new blaster rifle I built that she cannot take now. It's never even been to a Con. I'm going to have to remove the spike from one of my gauntlets in order to get in.

Reaction score
Hmmmmm... Can I imagine that??? Desiree has a brand new blaster rifle I built that she cannot take now. It's never even been to a Con. I'm going to have to remove the spike from one of my gauntlets in order to get in.
It's so nice that one idiot and a few people who didn't do their weapons check job yesterday have ruined the 2017 for so many people. The fact that you can't even have a cardboard gun or sword is really kinda dumb and a little extreme. Should be an interesting con.

Reaction score
It's so nice that one idiot and a few people who didn't do their weapons check job yesterday have ruined the 2017 for so many people. The fact that you can't even have a cardboard gun or sword is really kinda dumb and a little extreme. Should be an interesting con.
Perfect punishment for this guy... Let the cosplay community have him for an hour.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I can't believe nobody mentioned this deal. Luckily I looked back far enough on Yodasnews and saw it.

I just picked up two AT-ACTs for $184.28 shipped. Unfortunately the free ship code wouldn't work and store pick up was not an option.

Thanks, I ordered 2 as well, but my total was $185.65. I've been following the AT-ACT thread and no one mentioned this deal. Amazon had a lightning deal awhile back for $49.99 but I missed it. I guess I need to start reading Yodanews.

Reaction score

Be prepared for lines. This is the line to get into the main entrance. When we got in line it zig zagged 2.5 deep. Now it is zig zagging 4 deep now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score

Be prepared for lines. This is the line to get into the main entrance. When we got in line it zig zagged 2.5 deep. Now it is zig zagging 4 deep now.

#@$%! I thought Fridays were supposed to be lighter. I'm going today also, I wonder if I should wait a little.

Reaction score
And this is just one of the 3 entrances. Scout-Trooper is already in via the badge pick up. So since we planned we get to wait. It's really lame. The next 2 days I wouldn't even want to be here.

Reaction score
We have been in line for and hour and are about 1/2 half way to the security checkpoint. Pack your patience. You are gonna need it. Especially tomorrow and Sunday.

Reaction score
It took us 2.5 hours to get in. They are gonna have to change something tomorrow or they are gonna have major issues.

Reaction score
We did it right! Started out by hitting Tilted Kilt. Got a couple beers and food. Relaxed and then headed over. The huge lines were being done away with because people were passing out. Took us literally about 3 minutes from the time we hit the line until the time we walked in the door. Pretty cool!

Met Ground Trooper & Scout Trooper for a few minutes. Then ended up talking to a guy in an Anovos Shoretrooper helmet for a few minutes. Did some roaming about. Posed for a number of pictures. Talked to the Mercs. Ended up buying BS6 Emperor's Guard, Qui-Gon, Lando and Tusken Raider for $25 each. Only about $3 more than they would've been on the shelf and with the way Hasbro's been handling distribution, I figured I might as well do it. He wanted $35 for Baze and Chirrut. He said that the distribution on those two figures has been really bad. I have them on pre-order with EE, so hopefully that'll work out anyway.

Going to head out to dinner and then to bed early to get up early to do the Mando photo shoot. Hopefully it's all going to work out. There's talk of them changing locations so we can have our weapons.

Oh also had a guy who runs a Pirate charity group talk to me about joining on. He said I had the look and when he found out I built a pirate ship he definitely wanted me to join.

Reaction score
I don't think it will be as bad tomorrow. They figured it out the best way to keep the lines down after about 2.5 hours. Like Ares & ILT said they got right in. We unfortunately were part of the guinea pig process to get to that point.

Had a pretty good day. My daughters costume had us getting stopped about every 15 or 20 minutes because people wanted pictures. So that was a different experience for me this year. Con goers and people in booths were stopping her. She was dressed up as Sheik from Legend of Zelda. - I say that like I know what I am talking about. I am clueless when it comes to Zelda. But everyone else knew who she was.

It was great bumping into the Ares & the Mrs once we communicated what "Metro Bistro" we were parked in front of. You pirate costumes looked great. Even with out the props.

Reaction score

Just a a reminder that Star Wars land is going to be incredibly stupid when it opens.

The wait times are currently listed at 250 minutes and 210 minutes.

Last edited: