Phoenix Board #180: Celebration Orlando and more 40th anniversary ANH

Reaction score
New thread action.

Here are some recent posts from the previous thread:

How's everyone doing. Been away for a bit. I unfortunately don't collect to much anymore. I try to stay up on the 6" black series, and Sideshow Premium formats. All my other stuff is just taking up room in my garage.
The Disney Store has all the Rogue One 6" Elites for $10. Glad I waited.

Reaction score
I was in meetings this morning, but the GG McQ Han bust went up for pre-order to Platinum PG members, and sold out real quick. Guess I'll try tomorrow with the Gold members. Hopefully I'll be available when it goes live. People are getting pretty salty about it over in the GG section right now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
I was in meetings this morning, but the GG McQ Han bust went up for pre-order to Platinum PG members, and sold out real quick. Guess I'll try tomorrow with the Gold members. Hopefully I'll be available when it goes live. People are getting pretty salty about it over in the GG section right now.
I thought as a Platinum member you were guaranteed all convention exclusive items?

Reaction score
I thought as a Platinum member you were guaranteed all convention exclusive items?
Nope, just guaranteed a slot for Platinum members only before Gold or Silver, but not enough during that slot for all Platinum members. Tomorrow is another slot for Platinum + Gold and Friday is a slot for Platinum + Gold + Silver. And they have some allotted for Con attendees.

Reaction score
Target came through and I received my Rogue One Blu-ray much quicker than the TFA release. Haven't opened it yet, but will probably wait until the weekend.
Mine showed up today also. I was in a Target on Tuesday and there were still exclusives on the shelf at 3:00 pm yesterday at Chandler Fashion. I decided to just wait for my pre-order because I am really not gonna have time to fit it in before the weekend.

Reaction score
Wow! That's not how I took it at all.
So far today all GG's site has done is crash to the point that it won't even load, and Jewell at GG has said they can't even access the back-end of their site. GG may have taken the site offline. I haven't read word of anyone successfully placing an order today.

Reaction score
What version of Rogue One's BR are you all getting? Anybody recommends a specific version? Walmart, Target? Etc. I know, call me lazy but haven't had much time to see what are the differences o bonuses in each one. Thanks!

Reaction score
I went for Target for the extra disc. Haven't had a chance to watch it yet. But from what others are saying it's pretty weak stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
What version of Rogue One's BR are you all getting? Anybody recommends a specific version? Walmart, Target? Etc. I know, call me lazy but haven't had much time to see what are the differences o bonuses in each one. Thanks!
I went with the Target Blu-ray, DVD, Digital version and pre-ordered to get a $5 coupon. Plus since I have a Target red card I get 5% additional off with any purchase and free shipping.

I don't care about any of the promotional items. The prints that came with the Disney Store promo sucked. Even the sales guy at the Disney store admitted so.

Reaction score
So far today all GG's site has done is crash to the point that it won't even load, and Jewell at GG has said they can't even access the back-end of their site. GG may have taken the site offline. I haven't read word of anyone successfully placing an order today.
I think everybody should go on their site like this every single day and make it crash until they upgrade it.

Reaction score
I got the Target edition as well, mainly because it counts towards the $25 off Star Wars purchases over $100 and I had quite a few things I wanted to buy. Kind of wish I had gotten the Best Buy version as I like the art on the steel case better, people aren't rating Target's exclusive content very well. Really upset we don't get any deleted scenes, but still loved the movie and had to get it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
AZ Ave & Ocotillo- Found one BS6 Death Trooper in the front of the store on a little cardboard display. All BS6 figures were marked $19.99, but rang up for $9.98. I also grabbed two Rogue One Stormtroopers.

Reaction score
I got the Target edition as well, mainly because it counts towards the $25 off Star Wars purchases over $100 and I had quite a few things I wanted to buy. Kind of wish I had gotten the Best Buy version as I like the art on the steel case better, people aren't rating Target's exclusive content very well. Really upset we don't get any deleted scenes, but still loved the movie and had to get it.
Ya no deleted scenes or no trailers, which was mostly deleted scenes. ;) Disney really cheaped out on this release IMO.

Reaction score
I went with the Steelbook from BB I liked the artwork too.I have all 8 Star Wars movies in Steelbook from them.

Reaction score
WOO HOO!!! Out of all of the exclusives, this was the one I wanted the most...

Yakface.com said:
Collectors looking to acquire the POP! Deluxe Rey with Speeder without having to win a lottery or stand in line at Star Wars Celebration can rest easy. It looks like it will be a shared exclusive released through Walmart leaving only the Exclusive POP! Garindan retail partner to be revealed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Jedi Temple Archives said:
Found! 3.75" collectors have something to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Star Wars with now! JTA reader and friend Steve U. has a friend in the Midwest who found The Black Series [Phase III] 3.75" die-cast metal figures at his local Think Geek store. You're going to want to buy two of these at the low, low MSRP of $16.99! If simply articulated slop metal (hey, that's what the Asians call it, not me) costs $16.99, it's likely we'll never see a super-articulated 3.75" figure at an affordable cost ever again. Sigh. These will be under $5 in no time.

I'm interested in these if they look good up close because if they're in scale with the normal 3.75" figures, they'll be nice for dios, but I think I may wait to see if they actually do hit clearance pretty quickly.

RDM

Reaction score
I purchased the Target Exclusive Blu-Ray as well. Content is always king over packaging in my eyes...even if the content is found lacking and I can't stand the packaging such as is the case with this release. The lack of deleted scenes for this release is complete bull with how much we all know was cut from the film.

On a side note, I picked up (2) Jyn, (2) Cassian, & (1) Deathtrooper 3.75 black series figures at the Bell/Grand Wal-Mart last weekend (only figs left were Ackbar, Poe, & Finn) for $5.83 each last weekend. Man it was nice being able to buy an articulated figure for $6.

GT, we need to do lunch...

Reaction score
I purchased the Target Exclusive Blu-Ray as well. Content is always king over packaging in my eyes...even if the content is found lacking and I can't stand the packaging such as is the case with this release. The lack of deleted scenes for this release is complete bull with how much we all know was cut from the film.

On a side note, I picked up (2) Jyn, (2) Cassian, & (1) Deathtrooper 3.75 black series figures at the Bell/Grand Wal-Mart last weekend (only figs left were Ackbar, Poe, & Finn) for $5.83 each last weekend. Man it was nice being able to buy an articulated figure for $6.

GT, we need to do lunch...
Yes we do. I was just looking at the Tank Driver sitting on my desk and thinking how much interest I should charge you. Lol.

And again I realized last night when I was home alone and decided hey I am gonna watch RO with the commentary track turned on. They didn't even do a commentary track on this release. Just like what they did with TFA. If they release a new RO around the holidays with all of this missing stuff I will be livid. But is should expected in this day of the double dip.

Reaction score
Kielbassa- I assume you saw this regarding the Celebration Exclusives...

Gentle Giant said:
To accommodate the overwhelming demand for our Convention Exclusives, our servers are being upgraded to satisfy our customer’s needs. We thank you for your patience and will open pre-orders again once this has been resolved. In addition, we will send out an email notification to all our Premier Guild members informing them of the new pre-order dates.
Our team is working hard to provide you with exceptional customer experiences. As always, we thank you for your continued support of Gentle Giant Ltd.
Please do not hesitate to contact customer service if you need additional information. Our business hours are 9am to 5pm Pacific Time, Monday through Friday.
I just got off the phone with Richard (GG Customer Service) and he made me aware of that.

I also found out that membership coupon codes are not necessarily valid from one year after you start your membership. Once the new membership period begins they're expired.

Reaction score
Kielbassa- I assume you saw this regarding the Celebration Exclusives...

I just got off the phone with Richard (GG Customer Service) and he made me aware of that.

I also found out that membership coupon codes are not necessarily valid from one year after you start your membership. Once the new membership period begins they're expired.

Yeah apparently the rescheduled online ordering will take place some time after Celebration.

Reaction score
Well, I was supposed to get RO I pre-ordered from Target from UPS today. So I checked and it says a truck was late and does not give a delivery date now. Should have just picked one up in store.

Reaction score
Well, I was supposed to get RO I pre-ordered from Target from UPS today. So I checked and it says a truck was late and does not give a delivery date now. Should have just picked one up in store.
Probably still could. Then return your late pre-order. I don't think the Target version sold as well as the BB Steelbook. If you didn't pre-order the Steelbook you are paying scalper ebay prices if you really want it.

Reaction score
Probably still could. Then return your late pre-order. I don't think the Target version sold as well as the BB Steelbook. If you didn't pre-order the Steelbook you are paying scalper ebay prices if you really want it.
I've never been one to care about packaging usually, so the Target one made sense this time. Really don't understand why they don't have a pre-order option that lets you pick up in store. I'll likely just wait it out at this point, I hate returning things. Although it will suck if it doesn't come until next week.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've never been one to care about packaging usually, so the Target one made sense this time. Really don't understand why they don't have a pre-order option that lets you pick up in store. I'll likely just wait it out at this point, I hate returning things. Although it will suck if it doesn't come until next week.
I agree with the pre-order an pickup. Heck you can reserve product from my stores online and come in and pick it up now. I never thought we would be doing anything like that 16 years ago when we opened our first one.

Reaction score
And it's now been rescheduled to Monday. Definitely not doing pre-order again.

Reaction score
amdevil and gsr0jedi, did you try for SDCC passes at Open Registration this morning?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I guess sort of. We spent two hours at our nephew's birthday party and then got back home to continue work on the house so we're ready for carpet to be installed next weekend. I thought you were more Arrowhead area?
Right in between kinda. We have found ourselves going to Norterra area more for food or entertainment depending on the day or night of the week because Arrowhead can get a little crazy. Granted I haven't looked at that WM for anything in probably 2 years as 59th and Bell is just a little more convenient.

Reaction score
I went for Target for the extra disc. Haven't had a chance to watch it yet. But from what others are saying it's pretty weak stuff.

I went with the Target Blu-ray, DVD, Digital version and pre-ordered to get a $5 coupon. Plus since I have a Target red card I get 5% additional off with any purchase and free shipping.

I don't care about any of the promotional items. The prints that came with the Disney Store promo sucked. Even the sales guy at the Disney store admitted so.
Thanks everyone! I ended up buying the Target version as well.

Reaction score
WOO HOO!!! Out of all of the exclusives, this was the one I wanted the most...

Apparently I missed the link to preorder this. I'm gonna go ahead & do some begging now since I never see any of the Wal*Mart Pop exclusives.

Reaction score
amdevil and gsr0jedi, did you try for SDCC passes at Open Registration this morning?
I didn't try. Weren't you looking to get some more days or a ticket for your child that you couldn't get during pre-reg?

Reaction score
I have a bunch of stuff to get rid of. Everything is still in the package and the packages are all in good to very good condition, but PM me if you want me to check on something specific or you want pictures. I looked up what the items actually sold for on eBay and dropped a few dollars. I figured I'd post here and give you guys first crack if there's anything you need before I make a post in the classifieds. Spoiler tagged so it doesn't take up too much space on the page.
  Spoiler:  

Power of the Force
Kabe & Muftak - $8

Episode 1
Darth Maul with Sith Infiltrator (price tag on front) - $2
Wattos' Box - $10
Tatooine Showdown - $4
Mos Espa Encounter - $4
The Final Lightsaber Duel - $4

Saga
figures
Han Solo (Flight to Alderaan) - $2
'04-04 - Luke Skywalker (Jabba's Palace) - $2
'04-05 - R2-D2 (Jabba's Sail Barge) - $2
'04-10 - Tanus Spijek - $10
'04-11 - Holographic Luke Skywalker - $2
'04-13 - Dutch Vander Gold Leader - $8
'04-16 - Admiral Ozzel - $10

deluxe
General Rieekan w/Hoth Tactical Screen - $15
Mace Windu w/Blast-Apart Battle Droid (red droid) - $3
Mace Windu w/Blast-Apart Battle Droid (white droid) - $3
Yoda w/ Force Powers - $3

vehicles
A-Wing Fighter w/pilot Target exclusive - $40
Luke Skywalker & Landspeeder TRU exclusive - $15
Republic Gunship - $100
TIE Bomber w/pilot Wal*Mart exclusive - $30

Clone Wars (realistic)
figures
'03-43 - ARC Trooper BLUE - $2
'03-43 - ARC Trooper RED - $2
'04-44 - Yoda - $2

Original Trilogy Collection
figures
#03 - Spirit Obi-Wan - $2
#04 - R2-D2 (Dagobah) - $4
#05 - Luke Skywalker (pilot) - $2
#06 - Luke Skywalker (Jedi) - $8
#07 - Han Solo - $2

Revenge of the Sith
figures
#02 - Anakin Skywalker - $2
#05 - Chewbacca - $2
#10 - Mace Windu - $2
#23 - Royal Guard BLUE- $2
#23 - Royal Guard RED - $2
#26 - Yoda - $2
#27 - Obi-Wan Kenobi - $2
#65 - Tactical Ops Trooper - $2
#66 - Plo Koon (Hologram) - $2

Saga Collection
figures
#02 - Han Solo (Ultimate Galactic Hunt) - $2
#03 - Bib Fortuna - $5
#04 - Barada - $2
#05 - Chewbacca - $7
#06 - Boba Fett (Ultimate Galactic Hunt) - $2
#07 - General Veers - $10
#09 - AT-AT Driver - $8
#11 - Snowtrooper - $2
#11 - Snowtrooper (Ultimate Galactic Hunt) - $2
#13 - Darth Vader - $2
#13 - Darth Vader (Ultimate Galactic Hunt) - $2
#12 - General Rieekan - $2
#21 - Scorch Republic Commando - $8
2 x #22 - Firespeeder Pilot - $2/each
#24 - Clone Commander Cody - $8
#24 - Clone Commander Cody (Ultimate Galactic Hunt) - $8
#25 - Anakin Skywalker (Ultimate Galactic Hunt) - $2
#26 - Obi-Wan Kenobi (Ultimate Galactic Hunt) - $2
#30 - General Grievous (Ultimate Galactic Hunt) - $2
#31 - Momaw Nadon - $8
#33 - Hem Dazon - $10
#36 - Luke Skywalker (poncho) - $2
#37 - Sandtrooper - $2
#40 - Moff Jerjerrod - $5
#41 - Death Star Gunner - $5
#42 - C-3PO with Ewok Throne - $5
#64 - Commander Appo - $8
#67 - Padme Amidala - $5
#71 - Kitik Keed'Kak - $2

Battle Pack
Hunt for Grievous (TRU exclusive) - $50

30th Anniversary Collection
figures
#06 - Mace Windu (Ultimate Galactic Hunt) - $8
#46 - R2-D2 with Cargo Net (price tag on front) - $2

vehicles
V-Wing Starfighter - $30

Playskool Jedi Force (the older bigger ones)
Chewbacca - $2
Luke Skywalker - $2

Miscellaneous items
Star Wars miniatures The Clone Wars Starter Set - $2
Star Wars TransFormers Han Solo & Chewbacca Millennium Falcon - $40
Kellogg's Cookie Jars R2-D2, C-3PO, & Darth Vader - $3/each
Darth Tater & Spudtrooper Collector Set - $10