Phoenix Board # 179: NY Toy Fair and the 40th Anniversary of ANH

Reaction score
GG sent a "first look" e-mail to anyone who already subscribed for the 2017 PG:

These will be "shared exclusives" for both Celebration and SDCC. Available for pre-order Wednesday for Platinum tier PG members. Thursday for Platinum and Gold. Friday for Platinum, Gold and Silver.

I guess I'm in for the McQ Han bust. I hope they reveal another separate bust exclusive to SDCC at some point.

I was expecting something for the 40th anniversary from Celebration and not this Han. I figured this Han would be for SDCC only since we got the McQ Chewbacca last year.

Reaction score
I was expecting something for the 40th anniversary from Celebration and not this Han. I figured this Han would be for SDCC only since we got the McQ Chewbacca last year.

They could've at least used Luke in stormtrooper gear for that box.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Got an email from GG walking me through what to do to order the PG gifts.

I selected 2 free mini busts
Lobot
Riot Trooper

I went an ordered the Ben bust and Darth Revan statue, when I see the finished product I'm going to decide if I'm going to keep the order or not.

Last edited:
Reaction score
But they never made Stormtrooper Luke in the vintage line so they theoretically couldn't make him in a jumbo version. Just my thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah. He was on a "power of the force" card w coin. Or am I Thinking something else. I know they made a vintage one, I had it

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
Here's another Jakk's BIGFIG variant found at a Meijer store in WI. Apparently these aren't chase figures and the entire wave are variant deco.

I may pick this one up if I see it, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it. They should've also added some dirt.

Reaction score
Not the 96ish line, the 84/85 one.
You are right. I also had moved onto other things at this point and was unaware of this version. I just always associated Stormy Luke with the POTF Buff line. Sorry for the mistake. Even looking at pics in Google for me it is hard to tell the difference between the late 80's version verses the 96 version. I guess the 96 is a little more "Buff"

Still I think it really come down to the fact that they have done Jumbos out of most if not close to all of the original 12-20something back vintage figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I picked up the Rogue One Blu/DVD/digital release from this display at GF/60 WM this morning. It was $19.96. Skipped the WM exclusive release.

Eager to watch RO again!

Reaction score
So the new PF Chewbacca does look to be the same mold, but they have done a better job on the paint app and it has a much cooler base.
I like the original light-up base with the Death Star prison block grating better. The Falcon corridor cross-section looks kinda strange sticking up like that. The original PF also had an exclusive version with an alternate arm holding a stormtrooper rifle.

Reaction score
I like the original light-up base with the Death Star prison block grating better. The Falcon corridor cross-section looks kinda strange sticking up like that. The original PF also had an exclusive version with an alternate arm holding a stormtrooper rifle.
I think Sideshow is just getting to the point of Phoning it in on something like this. Same original sculpt, just repainted and a new base. Most of their expense is covered in the original tooling molds. It's just an easy cash grab for them for people who weren't in the game in 2012 when the first one was out. If someone is focused on Chewy it is probably a no brainer. If not I don't know who is gonna drop cash on this thing.

Reaction score
I picked up the Rogue One Blu/DVD/digital release from this display at GF/60 WM this morning. It was $19.96. Skipped the WM exclusive release.

Eager to watch RO again!
Mine still shows it's due to arrive tomorrow. No need to run out and get one early since I won't have time to watch it before the weekend anyway.

Did you see any new toy displays due to the movie release?

Reaction score
I think Sideshow is just getting to the point of Phoning it in on something like this. Same original sculpt, just repainted and a new base. Most of their expense is covered in the original tooling molds. It's just an easy cash grab for them for people who weren't in the game in 2012 when the first one was out. If someone is focused on Chewy it is probably a no brainer. If not I don't know who is gonna drop cash on this thing.
Yeah, but consider if they sell as few as 100, which is highly likely, that's $50,000 in sales on something that required very little new work on their part and no new retooling on the bust itself.

Plus if you passed in it in 2012, this gives you another chance without paying inflated prices. I don't see it as a bad thing.

Reaction score
I was doing some browsing on Amazon for Black Series figures. It's amazing how much lower some of these go if you wait long enough. Cassian is a Prime Add-On Item for $7.12, Finn is also an Add-On for $6, the Kmart Jyn Erso is $13.87 and Ben Kenobi is $15.20. There are many other great deals. All of the Kmart exclusives are way below original retail price. I just picked up another AT-AT Driver for $16.77.

Unfortunately Chirrut and Baze remain above $30.

Reaction score
Mine still shows it's due to arrive tomorrow. No need to run out and get one early since I won't have time to watch it before the weekend anyway.

Did you see any new toy displays due to the movie release?
The only related toy display I've seen is the one at Target with the Jedha Patrol sets.

Reaction score
How's everyone doing. Been away for a bit. I unfortunately don't collect to much anymore. I try to stay up on the 6" black series, and Sideshow Premium formats. All my other stuff is just taking up room in my garage.

Reaction score
How's everyone doing. Been away for a bit. I unfortunately don't collect to much anymore. I try to stay up on the 6" black series, and Sideshow Premium formats. All my other stuff is just taking up room in my garage.
In other words... Melting.

Last I heard anything about you was at Celebration when I ran into Hirsch and you were in line for something.

Reaction score

SHERM! (In my best cheers impression)

Reaction score
Scherminator !!!

Reaction score
I received this email from Entertain Art about my two canvas prints I'm still waiting for...

Entertain Art said:
Thank you for contacting EntertainArt Customer Service. We discovered an issue with our order database yesterday. About half a dozen orders were entered into the system last week, but the system did not retain the order information. Unfortunately your order was one of the orders that did not get retained by the system and we are extremely sorry for that, we know we have let you down again.

As soon as the issue was discovered yesterday the order was re-entered and it is currently in expedited production, with both canvases expected to ship within the next few days. We are extremely sorry to have caused you stress, and for this we have issued 50% off your order for a total $31.99. You should see the $31.99 returned to your original form of payment within 3-5 business days.

As soon as the order ships we will notify and keep you updated throughout the entire process. We completely understand your frustration and appreciate your patience. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Kind regards,

EntertainArt Customer Service
They've screwed up on a couple of my orders, but I have to say they more than make up for it. They haven't lost my business.

Reaction score
The Disney Store has all the Rogue One 6" Elites for $10. Glad I waited.