Phoenix Board # 179: NY Toy Fair and the 40th Anniversary of ANH

Reaction score
I thought they did one already and KTH has one ?
I sold my Chewbacca PF some time ago. The PF size doesn't really work for my collection. I only have 3 of them now. The seam at Chewie's right shoulder where the arm attaches always kinda bugged me.

This new one looks like a re-release of the original.

Reaction score
Gentle Giant's 6th gift (or according to the email they sent out... #3) is a Lobot mini bust. Another one I would like to have.

I wasn't very enthused about any of the offerings before this one. I'll join the Platinum tier and order this. Not sure what to add as the second item, but it will probably be the Obi-Wan bust.

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
I sold my Chewbacca PF some time ago. The PF size doesn't really work for my collection. I only have 3 of them now. The seam at Chewie's right shoulder where the arm attaches always kinda bugged me.

This new one looks like a re-release of the original.
All I have are the two PF Boba Fetts and Darth Talon. I also have very large Diamond Select Maul and Han that kind of look like PF statues (especially Maul) and of course the 1:4 scale Hot Toys Boba Fett.

Reaction score
All I have are the two PF Boba Fetts and Darth Talon. I also have very large Diamond Select Maul and Han that kind of look like PF statues (especially Maul) and of course the 1:4 scale Hot Toys Boba Fett.
I have ROTS Yoda/501st trooper, the original dirty R2/3PO and the newer v2 TESB Boba.

I am considering the Jango PF, but I don't have a good display space for it.

Reaction score
I have ROTS Yoda/501st trooper, the original dirty R2/3PO and the newer v2 TESB Boba.

I am considering the Jango PF, but I don't have a good display space for it.

I would love to have the Yoda/501st trooper. We were dealing with some rough financial times when that one released and I had to pass on it.

The Artoo and Threepio would be nice too since they're so iconic to Star Wars.

Reaction score
I keep getting emails from Sideshow about having a $25 coupon code on select items. I just checked and the Hot Toys Shock Stormtrooper is in that list at $219. Then I checked Amazon and it's only $191 + about $6 shipping, so it's not a great deal. I could get it even cheaper off eBay if I wanted to take the chance too.

Reaction score
Gentle Giant's gift #5 is a Revan statue. It's nice looking, but I can easily pass on it since I have no tie to Revan.

If anyone is a Premiere Guild member and doesn't want the Revan statue, I would more than happily buy it off of you.

Reaction score
I haven't received any kind of e-mail announcement yet, but the 2017 GG PG memberships are available:

http://www.gentlegiantltd.com/premier-guild/premier-guild-membership

Tier can be chosen today with further instructions to follow by e-mail. Gift selection won't be available until Monday.

I'll join the Platinum tier. $150 is quite a jump from $80 for previous years, but getting to choose two busts (or jumbo or statue) more than makes up the cost IMO, not to mention whatever other exclusives are offered throughout the year.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I haven't received any kind of e-mail announcement yet, but the 2017 GG PG memberships are available:

http://www.gentlegiantltd.com/premier-guild/premier-guild-membership

Tier can be chosen today with further instructions to follow by e-mail. Gift selection won't be available until Monday.

I'll join the Platinum tier. $150 is quite a jump from $80 for previous years, but getting to choose two busts (or jumbo or statue) more than makes up the cost IMO, not to mention whatever other exclusives are offered throughout the year.
I'm doing the same. I want all three mini busts, so I'm not losing out on anything.

Did you sign up yet?

Reaction score
Reaction score
THANKS! That's a pretty damn expensive figure after shipping, but I wanted to jump on it since it's exclusive. Have we heard if this will be part of the regular Black Series line without the card, but in the regular box?

I wished they had store pick up available.
Yeah I was hoping to find a code for free shipping, but I couldn't locate one. There are so many GameStop stores in town that it might not be hard to find R5-D4 at retail, but I'd rather not chance it. I pre-ordered one.

Reaction score
So this statement right here is reason enough to join the Gentle Giant Premier Guild:

Gentle Giant said:
As a Premier Guild Member you will have the opportunity to purchase any exclusive that we create for sale. This includes all distributor, international, and convention exclusives.

Reaction score
I received my Target $5 gift card (electronically) that was part of the Rogue One Blu-Ray promo and for some reason they sent the email twice an hour apart from each other. I was hoping this meant my Blu-Ray would show up sooner, but it still show Wednesday.

Reaction score
I'm doing the same. I want all three mini busts, so I'm not losing out on anything.

Did you sign up yet?
Paid for the Platinum tier this morning, and received the confirmation and coupon code e-mails almost immediately.

Reaction score
Paid for the Platinum tier this morning, and received the confirmation and coupon code e-mails almost immediately.
I almost did it yesterday, but when I went to check out it showed a shipping charge and a Death Trooper statue in my cart. I didn't have time to mess with it, so I decided to wait. I think I need to order in something other than IE.

Reaction score
I received my Clone 4-pack from Entertainment Earth. I also got a free gift called a Pinmate (miniature) that is a red shirt Star Trek character. It reminded me of the little wooden Playskool characters that had no arms or legs from when I was a kid. Desiree liked it and asked if she could have it.

Reaction score
4oth anniversary luke, leia and obi-wan are in stock at Hasbrotoyshop; not as good a deal as Walmart.com but they are available. TBS6 Sabine and Snowtrooper are in stock. I picked up Sabine with free shipping on orders over $19

Reaction score
AZ Ave & Ocotillo Target- Hit it early on a Home Depot run and they had two each of the chase Jakk's Tank Commander and TIE Pilot. Grabbed one of each and one of the 5 BS6 AT-ACT drivers and used the $10 off coupon along with the $5 coupon I received with my Rogue One Blu-Ray order.

Reaction score
On Ares' advice, picked up the rogue one soundtrack, I think I was just somewhat against it since it was not John Williams, but after listening to it a couple times, I really like it.

Reaction score
On Ares' advice, picked up the rogue one soundtrack, I think I was just somewhat against it since it was not John Williams, but after listening to it a couple times, I really like it.
I figured you'd like it. It's good. Not near as catchy as John William's work, but still good. The songs fit in well with the other soundtracks too. I tend to listen to all Star Wars on random play a lot.

Reaction score
The 40th Anniversary Vader has been found at Targets.

DPCI: 087-06-7986

The only way I will be getting it is if it drops drastically in price. I wouldn't mind a spare Vader.
The Vader has a new improved head sculpt. Way better than the original. Pics taken from the thread for this set:

Reaction score
Dammit! Why'd you have to show me that? Now I want one. That's actually a whole different mold. He also has his robes in front of his chest armor and for some reason they lost the cape chain. His chest box and belt are different too.

Reaction score
GG sent a "first look" e-mail to anyone who already subscribed for the 2017 PG:

These will be "shared exclusives" for both Celebration and SDCC. Available for pre-order Wednesday for Platinum tier PG members. Thursday for Platinum and Gold. Friday for Platinum, Gold and Silver.

I guess I'm in for the McQ Han bust. I hope they reveal another separate bust exclusive to SDCC at some point.

Reaction score
GG sent a "first look" e-mail to anyone who already subscribed for the 2017 PG:

These will be "shared exclusives" for both Celebration and SDCC. Available for pre-order Wednesday for Platinum tier PG members. Thursday for Platinum and Gold. Friday for Platinum, Gold and Silver.

I guess I'm in for the McQ Han bust. I hope they reveal another separate bust exclusive to SDCC at some point.

I'm not interested in either of these. I do find the trash monster interesting though. I love that they're including the foam.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Superstition Target had 9 AT-ACT Drivers on the pegs as of noon today. That's in addition to the ones Desert_Trooper stashed last week. Looks like this guy is here to stay and at over twice the current Target price for BS6 figures, he'll be staying for a while.

Reaction score
Superstition Target had 9 AT-ACT Drivers on the pegs as of noon today. That's in addition to the ones Desert_Trooper stashed last week. Looks like this guy is here to stay and at over twice the current Target price for BS6 figures, he'll be staying for a while.
Are other BS6 figures ringing up at half price? I haven't tried them since I saw nothing posted at the store.

Reaction score
The tag stated $9.89. I didn't grab any non AT-ACT, since I didn't need anything that they had. The AT-ACT Driver has it's own designated tag for $19.99.