Phoenix Board # 179: NY Toy Fair and the 40th Anniversary of ANH

Reaction score
SW Rebels was AWESOME!!! So glad it was renewed for Season 4.
  Spoiler:  
Bendu is a Bad*****! I like how he even went after the Rebels in the end. Shows he really is in the center. Tom Baker was the perfect choice to voice him. First time we have seen Thrawn a little off his game and unsure of what to do with this new threat. Maybe Bendu will return.

Reaction score
Hit

27th agui fria target - nothing
99th lake pleasant target - nothing
fountain hills target - nothing
7th st bell target - nothing

stores showed over 30 blk series in stock at some locations and none in back or at stores. I did see tags for the new at-act driver but no figure.

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
  Spoiler:  
Bendu is a Bad*****! I like how he even went after the Rebels in the end. Shows he really is in the center. Tom Baker was the perfect choice to voice him. First time we have seen Thrawn a little off his game and unsure of what to do with this new threat. Maybe Bendu will return.
  Spoiler:  
I completely disagree. I hate the giant Shitake Moose. His existence doesn't fit in with any of the movies and they're making him far too powerful, making the Jedi look less powerful.

I also hate the way Kanan kind slice through AT-ATs (or whatever those walkers were) with his lightsaber in a matter of seconds splitting their legs in half. It that was so easy to do, then why didn't Luke do it on Hoth.

And of course there are now Death Troopers in Rebels. They were never there before, but they are now.

It wasn't a bad episode(s), but it didn't do much for me.

Reaction score
Speaking of clearance...

Riggs & McQueen Fry's Marketplace
- Just picked up three Scarif Trooper/Moroff 2-packs and one Death Trooper/Pao 2-packs for $5.39. I would've grabbed more, but that's all they had.
Thanks!, Everytime you post a Frys sighting I check the Via Linda store and find similar deals.

Reaction score
Also found some Walgreens deals although prices vary from store to store.

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me (who has the soundtrack) what song the end Vader scene is playing that briefly goes in to the Imperial March please.

Reaction score
  Spoiler:  
  Spoiler:  
I completely disagree. I hate the giant Shitake Moose. His existence doesn't fit in with any of the movies and they're making him far too powerful, making the Jedi look less powerful.

I also hate the way Kanan kind slice through AT-ATs (or whatever those walkers were) with his lightsaber in a matter of seconds splitting their legs in half. It that was so easy to do, then why didn't Luke do it on Hoth.

And of course there are now Death Troopers in Rebels. They were never there before, but they are now.

It wasn't a bad episode(s), but it didn't do much for me.
I pretty much agree with everything Ares_X said. I really want to like Rebels, but it's just not engaging me like the last 3 season of TCW.

Spoiler:  
I thought for sure they were going to kill off Agent Kallus. Would've been way more impactful for a season finale episode than Commander Sato's kamikaze run.

Ezra's run-in with Obi-Wan in the previous episode bothers me too. Everything the show does with Ezra lessens the impact of Luke becoming the new hope in Ep IV. I hope the show has some big fall or sacrifice planned for Ezra (and to a lesser extent Kanan), before the series ends.

Reaction score
OFF TOPIC

We went to The Game of Thrones Live Concert Experience last night and it was incredible. The performances were done so well. The main singer and featured musicians were in costumes that looked like they fit into the series. There were multiple stages. One had the entire orchestra. The others branched out and had areas for the featured performers to play instruments and the very far stage where we were closest too raised up and down. There were video screens above that played scenes from the series that fit into the portion of the songs they'd play and they would use props and effects that tied in with the entire performance. At one point they had the Weirwood tree growing on the video screen and they dropped a drape down to make it look like a trunk. Then as time passed, the tree lost leaves and began to fall on the screen and then actual red leaves started falling all over intermingling with the leaves in the video. It was very cool. They did the same thing with snow falling and when the dragons came out and were breathing fire, they'd shoot fire and smoke from the screens and you could feel the heat on your face. The flames were probably close to 6' in length. It was very impressive.

We had almost perfect seats. We were at the perfect height to be able to enjoy everything. If we would've been about 5-8 seats to the right it would've been absolutely perfect, but I don't feel like I missed anything. There were seats on the floor and some of them ran in the $1000 price range and I think they had some of the worst seats in the place. They missed so much because it was all going on above them. I wouldn't have wanted those seats had they been given to me.

My only complaint is that the show has an adult rating, but the videos were kept to a PG rating. I feel it could've been so much better had they not worried about keeping it clean. Some of Daenerys' most powerful scenes were when she was naked, like when the dragons were born or burning down Targaryen building with the Kahl and all of his men inside. This showed great power because she's completely exposed, yet she is destroying her enemies. I think they missed a lot by keeping it out. Same with some of the violence. You didn't get the full effect of the Red Wedding without seeing Fray's man stab Talisa in her pregnant belly. They cut away from that part and I feel it would've been far more emotional had they showed it. The people attending the concert have seen the series. They know it's very adult and amazingly, I did not see one person under 18 at the show. I was glad about that.

Not at all sorry for what we paid to see this and very glad we went.

Reaction score
I pretty much agree with everything Ares_X said. I really want to like Rebels, but it's just not engaging me like the last 3 season of TCW.

Spoiler:  
I thought for sure they were going to kill off Agent Kallus. Would've been way more impactful for a season finale episode than Commander Sato's kamikaze run.

Ezra's run-in with Obi-Wan in the previous episode bothers me too. Everything the show does with Ezra lessens the impact of Luke becoming the new hope in Ep IV. I hope the show has some big fall or sacrifice planned for Ezra (and to a lesser extent Kanan), before the series ends.
  Spoiler:  
I was just telling that to Desiree yesterday. I said that they both need to die for this to make sense and I'm afraid they're not going to do it because it's a kids show. Ezra needs to die and they're making him out to be too much of a "Chosen One" type and I don't like it. I was so afraid they were going to have Kanan go see Obi-Wan and get him involved with the Rebellion. That would've really messed up everything, but instead he went to visit Shitake Moose.

Kallus being killed would've been good. To me Sato's death was a repeat of what happened with the hammerhead in Rogue One. Which doesn't surprise me that Filloni is stealing yet another idea instead of coming up with something cool of his own. I guess when he comes up with a new idea we get a Shitake Moose.

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me (who has the soundtrack) what song the end Vader scene is playing that briefly goes in to the Imperial March please.
If you're referring to the part where Vader unleashes his fury on the Rebel soldiers, then it's "Hope". You may also be referring to "The Imperial Suite". Pretty sure you're referring to "Hope" though. This is where they play part of the "Imperial March" after the Rebels break loose and Vader and the Stormtroopers are standing in the vacuum of space.

Why don't you just buy it? It's only $12 on Amazon.

Reaction score
OFF TOPIC

We went to The Game of Thrones Live Concert Experience last night and it was incredible. The performances were done so well. The main singer and featured musicians were in costumes that looked like they fit into the series. There were multiple stages. One had the entire orchestra. The others branched out and had areas for the featured performers to play instruments and the very far stage where we were closest too raised up and down. There were video screens above that played scenes from the series that fit into the portion of the songs they'd play and they would use props and effects that tied in with the entire performance. At one point they had the Weirwood tree growing on the video screen and they dropped a drape down to make it look like a trunk. Then as time passed, the tree lost leaves and began to fall on the screen and then actual red leaves started falling all over intermingling with the leaves in the video. It was very cool. They did the same thing with snow falling and when the dragons came out and were breathing fire, they'd shoot fire and smoke from the screens and you could feel the heat on your face. The flames were probably close to 6' in length. It was very impressive.

We had almost perfect seats. We were at the perfect height to be able to enjoy everything. If we would've been about 5-8 seats to the right it would've been absolutely perfect, but I don't feel like I missed anything. There were seats on the floor and some of them ran in the $1000 price range and I think they had some of the worst seats in the place. They missed so much because it was all going on above them. I wouldn't have wanted those seats had they been given to me.

My only complaint is that the show has an adult rating, but the videos were kept to a PG rating. I feel it could've been so much better had they not worried about keeping it clean. Some of Daenerys' most powerful scenes were when she was naked, like when the dragons were born or burning down Targaryen building with the Kahl and all of his men inside. This showed great power because she's completely exposed, yet she is destroying her enemies. I think they missed a lot by keeping it out. Same with some of the violence. You didn't get the full effect of the Red Wedding without seeing Fray's man stab Talisa in her pregnant belly. They cut away from that part and I feel it would've been far more emotional had they showed it. The people attending the concert have seen the series. They know it's very adult and amazingly, I did not see one person under 18 at the show. I was glad about that.

Not at all sorry for what we paid to see this and very glad we went.
I was there too. A friend invited me to watch from his company's suite. It was a great show. I wish I had more eyes so I could watch the clips on the screens and the also performers at the same time, and not miss anything. Loved the clips, but really was trying to watch the musicians.

The second act with the music from last season and the promo for next really got me excited for new episodes this summer.

Reaction score
Slave 2 was out this morning and picked me up a couple BS6 AT-ACT Driver at the Power/60 Target, I think she said she left 4 or 5. I apologize for not stashing any she didn't think of that at the time so I hope everybody has some luck at some other targets today.

Reaction score
Making customer service calls this morning...

EntertainArt needed a photo of what I received, so I sent that out.

Then I called GG and spoke to Richard. I think I like him better than Chris. He seems like he actually cares. Chris always seem to play everything off like a joke. Richard is looking into my Rewards Points issues and he asked me to send a photo of the bust with damage and the COA. He said I am not the first to report this same damage, so if you haven't received your Shore Trooper bust yet, be aware it may be in bad shape.

Reaction score
I was there too. A friend invited me to watch from his company's suite. It was a great show. I wish I had more eyes so I could watch the clips on the screens and the also performers at the same time, and not miss anything. Loved the clips, but really was trying to watch the musicians.

The second act with the music from last season and the promo for next really got me excited for new episodes this summer.

How was the view from the suite? They looked a bit high to me. We used to see a lot of concerts and basketball games when I worked at a place that had a suite. Desiree and I were talking how I missed that.

Are you working today? We didn't get to bed until 1am due to the show and there was no way I was getting up early.

Reaction score
Just got a call back from Richard (GG) and I am really liking him over Chris because he follows through. He went through and manually totaled my reward points and instead of having a negative total, I have 940 points to use and he is applying to my account.

Reaction score
If you're referring to the part where Vader unleashes his fury on the Rebel soldiers, then it's "Hope". You may also be referring to "The Imperial Suite". Pretty sure you're referring to "Hope" though. This is where they play part of the "Imperial March" after the Rebels break loose and Vader and the Stormtroopers are standing in the vacuum of space.

Why don't you just buy it? It's only $12 on Amazon.
Or you can stream it on Spotify for free.

Reaction score
How was the view from the suite? They looked a bit high to me. We used to see a lot of concerts and basketball games when I worked at a place that had a suite. Desiree and I were talking how I missed that.

Are you working today? We didn't get to bed until 1am due to the show and there was no way I was getting up early.
It was a great view. We could even feel the heat from the flames. We were wondering how hot it must have been for the people seated at tables on the floor.

I've been listening to the GoT season 6 soundtrack at work all day.

I got to sleep @ midnight, and I got up at 3:30am like usual. I'm sure I'll be dragging a** before the day is over.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Got my GG Jyn bust from MWC a day earlier than expected today.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It was a great view. We could even feel the heat from the flames. We were wondering how hot it must have been for the people seated at tables on the floor.

I've been listening to the GoT season 6 soundtrack at work all day.

I got to sleep @ midnight, and I got up at 3:30am like usual. I'm sure I'll be dragging a** before the day is over.
Man! I feel for you. I didn't want to feel that way, so we planned the day off. I have plenty to do around here preparing for new carpet anyway. I'm also renovating one of my kids' former rooms and cut a new archway for it.

I was working on the room yesterday and had the GoT Season 6 DVDS playing, so I could listen to them. I'm finishing the season while working today. I will probably end up purchasing all of the GoT CDs now.

Reaction score
So what happens at the end of civilization when there is no internet? You're not going to have any music to listen to.

Free is not always better to me.
I still buy CD's for stuff that I really like and listen to often. I just bought 3 last week. But I find that I don't listen to soundtracks as much as I used to.
I didn't buy TFA or RO soundtracks.

I just have the big boxed set of the OT. I didn't even buy any Prequel ST's except for ROTS. I just don't listen to them enough to get the ROI out of them anymore. Go ahead take me SW card. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Several targets got the at-act drivers today. 087-06-1115

8 of them at pv target as of 10:45am
Thanks to this post I went out and found some drivers at two Targets today. Picked one up at SS Target, left 2 on pegs and stashed 3 (they all have box damage).

Stashed 4 pilots and left 2 on pegs at Pwr/Ray Target and picked up a couple for myself.

While out today, I FINALLY!! found a set of Inquisitor Pops! Only the one set.

SS Walmart-Guardians of the Galaxy, DC Bombshells, Mass Effect and some other POPs! including exclusive Groot.

Anybody in need of the at-act driver just send me a pm or post in the forum and I'll try to get back to you today; May not be back on line until tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Several targets got the at-act drivers today. 087-06-1115

8 of them at pv target as of 10:45am
Picked one up at my local Target at open this morning(Scottsdale Rd/Ashler Hills). They had all 8 on the pegs, even though on Brickseek they had less than that as "sellable." Nice to get this one out of the way, now if only Walmart can start putting out the Inquisitor POPS! both in store and online. I hate the fact that this isn't a limited edition, like at a Convention, but it is just as hard to acquire. I wish you could just order them from Funko directly. Frustrating when I want to give my money to a company and they aren't interested in it.

Reaction score
I still buy CD's for stuff that I really like and listen to often. I just bought 3 last week. But I find that I don't listen to soundtracks as much as I used to.
I didn't buy TFA or RO soundtracks.

I just have the big boxed set of the OT. I didn't even buy any Prequel ST's except for ROTS. I just don't listen to them enough to get the ROI out of them anymore. Go ahead take me SW card. ;)
I listen to soundtracks all the time. I find I can listen to instrumental stuff while working far easier than music with lyrics.

Reaction score
Indian Bend/101 Target- I picked up the AT-ACT drivers, left a few on the pegs. Once home, I did a head swap with a Hover Tank driver, looks good.