Phoenix Board # 179: NY Toy Fair and the 40th Anniversary of ANH

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing what, if anything, is revealed at NY Toy Fair this year.

Reaction score
The B3 Deathtrooper is available at Walmart.com. I ordered a couple and a Jyn with FREE shipping to store.

Last edited:
Reaction score
OFF TOPIC - TWD

Not really a spoiler but...

Spoiler:  

OK was it just me or was this episode really OVER ACTED by almost the whole cast. And I hate some of the exposition that has to be done to bring the audience back up to speed.
With the die hard almost rabid at time audience that this is we don't need these little "oh yeah" moments to take me out of the story. I enjoyed the episode & progression of story
but some of the acting choices really took me out of the episode like people complained bout CGI Tarkin taking them out of RO. Speaking of CGI, could they not spend a little more money on the Tiger, that thing looks like a bad photoshop cut and paste him into the scene every time. That was another scene that had some duh moments.
OK I have been Negative Nancy long enough on this post. How many more episodes before we get to the war with Negan? Episode 3 or 4.

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
OFF TOPIC - TWD

Not really a spoiler but...

Spoiler:  

OK was it just me or was this episode really OVER ACTED by almost the whole cast. And I hate some of the exposition that has to be done to bring the audience back up to speed.
With the die hard almost rabid at time audience that this is we don't need these little "oh yeah" moments to take me out of the story. I enjoyed the episode & progression of story
but some of the acting choices really took me out of the episode like people complained bout CGI Tarkin taking them out of RO. Speaking of CGI, could they not spend a little more money on the Tiger, that thing looks like a bad photoshop cut and paste him into the scene every time. That was another scene that had some duh moments.
OK I have been Negative Nancy long enough on this post. How many more episodes before we get to the war with Negan? Episode 3 or 4.

Spoiler:  
I'm guessing they're not going to actually get to the Negan battle until close to the end of the season. Unless it's a drawn out battle that takes place over many episodes. I have a feeling we're going to see the building of the armies and struggles to get other groups involved. I'm a little concerned about this new group that came out of nowhere. I want it to feel relevant and not just give them what they need to defeat their enemy like a game of Zelda.

I'm also a little concerned about what they're doing with Gabriel. I don't think he betrayed them, but I really hope they don't make it he's some guy that's now coordinating everything and becoming this big leader because he's been sheltered the entire time.

The tiger did look pretty bad at times.
  Spoiler:  

Reaction score
I picked up the Jango Fett Hot Wheels that was on back order with Walmart and while I was there found a individual Death Trooper and Shore Trooper, so I grabbed them. They also had Kanan, Jyn, Chopper, BB-8, Vader, Yoda and Stormtrooper.

Reaction score
Not much going on around here this week!

I've been occasionally checking WMs for the Pop! 3-packs. Nothing yet.

I'll probably get that Finn bust, assuming the actual production face sculpt looks good. I'm still in for GG busts that I don't have Hot Toys figures of.

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
The WM ROTS set is online at the WM $26.78 price with free shipping to store:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Funko-POP-Star-Wars-Set-with-Tarfful-Unhooded-Emperor-and-Utapau-Clonetrooper-Walmart-Exclusive/55376946

I ordered one. Supposedly available 2/17. I almost paid for shipping. I haven't had very good luck with packaging care when it comes to ship-to-store orders.

The Cantina/Vintage set is still only listed by 3rd party.

EDIT: Looks like the ROTS set is going in and out of stock.
I've received email alerts that these were available twice, but by the time I checked it only showed 3rd party. Not sure if it's a glitch in their alert process or if they jus sold out that quickly. I could see both.

Reaction score
I just broke down and ordered the AT-ACT on Walmart.com for $185. It comes with free two day shipping and I figure if I find it cheaper in the next 90 days I can return it to the store easily enough.

Amazon has it for the same price with free Prime shipping, but it's not as easy to return unless there's an issue. Especially 90 days from now.

It's due to arrive on Friday.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've received email alerts that these were available twice, but by the time I checked it only showed 3rd party. Not sure if it's a glitch in their alert process or if they jus sold out that quickly. I could see both.
The ROTS set is in stock again.

Reaction score
Kinda lame for the 40th Anniversary of Star Wars if you ask me. Repacked BS6 in bubble packaging.

NOPE!

Hasbro might have just jumped the action figure shark.

Reaction score
Indian Bend TRU- I picked up the Jakks 20" Hover Tank Commander. I was unaware of this version. It does not say commander on the package but does have the extra marking on his shoulders and chest piece unlike the first version. There was only one. I also picked up the Galactic Heroes Ghost marked down to $19.99. They had 4-5 left.

Reaction score
Indian Bend TRU- I picked up the Jakks 20" Hover Tank Commander. I was unaware of this version. It does not say commander on the package but does have the extra marking on his shoulders and chest piece unlike the first version. There was only one. I also picked up the Galactic Heroes Ghost marked down to $19.99. They had 4-5 left.
Serious??? I saw what I thought was a Jakk's Hover Tank Driver the other day at Target, but didn't look at it close enough to see that it was different. It may have been the same one. Can you post a pic of both to show the differences?

Reaction score
Walmart.com is so confusing. Yesterday I order the AT-ACT with free 2 day shipping. They tell me in the order acknowledgement email that it is arriving on Friday. Then today I get an email stating it shipped and it's arriving on Saturday. This has me irritated. Then I click on the Fed Ex link in the email that came from Walmart and it shows it arriving on Friday. It just seems whenever I order anything from Walmart that the details get very confusing and contradicting.

Reaction score
Full-size Black Series Poe Dameron helmet coming. $79.99.

I will be getting this.
I'm interested in this too. Hopefully Amazon and/or Target will come through with a good sale price like they have with the previous BS helmets.

Reaction score
I'm interested in this too. Hopefully Amazon and/or Target will come through with a good sale price like they have with the previous BS helmets.
I'm guessing this will be a Force Friday offering, so we will probably get the $10 off/$25 off coupon code that Target always does.

This will look awesome in our family room with the red walls.

Reaction score
It's a Celebration Exclusive. I'm glad they did this. Then I don't feel the need to track one down. I already have two BS6 X-wing Lukes. No need for another.
Oh OK. I first thing I read made it sound like a complete LINE for the 40th. Either way I don't care for the design.

Reaction score
Oh OK. I first thing I read made it sound like a complete LINE for the 40th. Either way I don't care for the design.
I saw mention of a line on one of the sites, but saw no indication of that anywhere else. Personally, a lot of people would probably be pretty happy with it. One for being on vintage style cards and two the fact that most of the original characters are hard to get anymore. I wouldn't mind another Vader.

Reaction score
Walmart.com is so confusing. Yesterday I order the AT-ACT with free 2 day shipping. They tell me in the order acknowledgement email that it is arriving on Friday. Then today I get an email stating it shipped and it's arriving on Saturday. This has me irritated. Then I click on the Fed Ex link in the email that came from Walmart and it shows it arriving on Friday. It just seems whenever I order anything from Walmart that the details get very confusing and contradicting.
Dammit!!! Now Fed Ex is showing Saturday.

Reaction score
Serious??? I saw what I thought was a Jakk's Hover Tank Driver the other day at Target, but didn't look at it close enough to see that it was different. It may have been the same one. Can you post a pic of both to show the differences?
They have different UPCs but they didn't bother to change the name.

Reaction score
Germann & Gilbert Target- No Jakks Tank Commanders. Two Scarif Troopers and a K-2SO. Forgot to check for the Ghost.

Germann & Gilbert Walmart - Picked up my online order for two BS3 Death Troopers. Also found the new Galactic Heroes 2-packs of Kylo Ren with swirly thing and Chewbacca and TIE Pilot. Picked up a Finn with Riot Trooper that I think I have, but grabbed just to be safe. It'll probably get returned.

Reaction score
Had some good luck with the character cars this week.

Found Sabine at a 7-Eleven for $7 (pricey but cheaper than ebay)

Chandler Mall Target - picked up the single Death Trooper (he's not battle-damaged like the 2 pack one is) & the Jedi Luke/Rancor 2-pack

Ocotillo Target - Admiral Ackbar, Imperial Royal Guard, & Jabba the Hutt

Gilbert/Germann Target - Han/Greedo & Boba Fett/Bossk 2-packs. They also had a Rogue One 5-pack with Baze, Chirrut, Jyn, Death Trooper (clean) & exclusive Cassian

Reaction score
I picked up the Vintage/Cantina Pop! 3-pack at San Tan Village WM this morning. There was no sign of the ROTS 3-pack.

Greenfield/60 WM- nothing

Reaction score