Phoenix Board # 178: Merry Christmas and a Happy 2017!!

Reaction score
Spent some time tearing apart the right arm that I fiberglassed over the weekend. Not a fun task. I changed the position to more of what I wanted. It's now in two pieces that are assembled after he's partially dressed. Otherwise I can't get the armor on because of the angles. The plan is to have him hold electrobinoculars in his right hand. I need to make those too. I also added the hands to both arms which involved cutting both arms down to size.
Looking good!!

Reaction score
Has anyone seen this Jakk's 31" Death Trooper? It's on Amazon, but only on sale from two 3rd party sellers and they want outrageous prices for them. I'm guessing they just haven't hit yet.

UPDATE: Actually I found a third seller with a price of $217.62. That's insane. They're just hoping to get someone that doesn't know what they're looking at.

I saw a few of these at Target and Walmart though they soldout around Xmas. Someone of the collecting subreddit scored one for $10 on clearance at their Walmart. My suggestion would be to try as many Kohls as you can. My local Kohls had the Scarif trooper, tank driver, K2SO and Tie Fighter big figs on sale for $12.99 each. Wouldn't be surprised if one of the Kohls in the valley had one left. They also are having a great sale on all Star Wars merch, managed to get a few ground crew members and TFA figures for less than $4 a piece, and they had three 6"Ashokas for $11.99

Last edited:
Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
I saw a few of these at Target and Walmart though they soldout around Xmas. Someone of the collecting subreddit scored one for $10 on clearance at their Walmart. My suggestion would be to try as many Kohls as you can. My local Kohls had the Scarif trooper, tank driver, K2SO and Tie Fighter big figs on sale for $12.99 each. Wouldn't be surprised if one of the Kohls in the valley had one left. They also are having a great sale on all Star Wars merch, managed to get a few ground crew members and TFA figures for less than $4 a piece, and they had three 6"Ashokas for $11.99
Are you sure you're not thinking of the 20" Jakk's figures? This one is one is almost 3' tall. I don't think a Scarif Trooper or Tank Driver were made in that scale. Not sure about K-2SO.

All of the 20" figures you referred to are still at Germann & Gilbert Target, but I already own them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reason number 1 why I have never messed with mine. Ha Ha. Your hard work will pay off for sure.
It was definitely easy with the super articulated mannequin I bought for my Stormtrooper, but decided against it for a few reasons:

1. Amazon no longer carries it and I found the same one on Ebay from the same seller, but it's over $400.
  2. A big appeal to the other mannequin is it has incredible balance. Then I considered the fact that I was adding a backpack and I'm not sure it would be so well balanced anymore.
  3. I already owned the partial mannequin in the picture. Have had it for many years now.

Oh and I've decided I'm going to reposition the right arm again. This time will be easier since I didn't fiberglass it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Available in April.

Dewback $55. Set of both $145.

The sad part is they're pairing a Dewback with a Sandtrooper that has a black pauldron.

$1.00 bottle of white paint won't break the bank at that point because the bank is already broken. Plus you probably already have some.
I would like to get this, but like you say for what they are they are a little too pricey.

Reaction score
I broke down and ordered another BS6 Snowtrooper off Amazon. I have yet to see these in any stores. Since I ordered it with a camera case Desiree wanted, it will be arriving today.

If anyone needs the BS6 AT-AT Driver, it's dropped to $18+ on Amazon with free Prime shipping.
HTS has both the snowtrooper and AT-AT driver in stock for $19.99. If you use code LOVE2017 you get 10% off and free shipping, so each figure is $17.99.

Revan, Sabine, Chirrut and Baze are out of stock. Leia and Ben are in stock.

Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen a Stormtrooper with his blaster in his holster? As far as I know Anovos' Stormtrooper armor is pretty accurate, but I have no idea how a blaster could ever fit in it. I've seen the holsters on screen, but the troopers are always carrying their blaster.

Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen a Stormtrooper with his blaster in his holster? As far as I know Anovos' Stormtrooper armor is pretty accurate, but I have no idea how a blaster could ever fit in it. I've seen the holsters on screen, but the troopers are always carrying their blaster.
Nope Never. They are always holding their blasters.

There are definitely shots of them with holsters on their hips. ie when they break into the room where C-3PO is holed up on the Death Star, but I don't think they ever are seen with them on film.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nope Never. They are always holding their blasters.

There are definitely shots of them with holsters on their hips. ie when they break into the room where C-3PO is holed up on the Death Star, but I don't think they ever are seen with them on film.

You mean the holsters are never seen on film? Or a holster with a blaster in it?

This looks to be a film shot.

I'm wondering if the Sterling fit into that holster prior to all of the mods and they just never changed them out.

Last edited:
Reaction score
All the costume issues in that last shot I posted just crack me up. Partially because they were kept in the film without nobody noticing. Partially because a film with so many errors went on to be one of the biggest of all times. And Partially because I went most of my life without seeing any of these errors.

The Stormtrooper with his back to the camera has a warped shoulder bell, the Velcro/tape holding the shoulder straps down are popped up. You can also see the bottom of his neck seal. It looks to be cut into strips. Most likely to make it lay nicer. The trooper to the far right has something extra on his left shoulder strap. It almost looks like a zip tie.

Also, check out how thin all of these actors are. My arms would never fit in the bicep armor on the trooper to the far right.

Reaction score
Emerald City Comic Con exclusive Muftak Pop!:

No word yet if this will be a shared exclusive, but I want one!

Reaction score
You mean the holsters are never seen on film? Or a holster with a blaster in it?

I'm wondering if the Sterling fit into that holster prior to all of the mods and they just never changed them out.

Holsters are SEEN. But they NEVER have an E-11 in them. They are always holding them.

I wonder if they just didn't fit or the fact that they were such bad shots they would be ever worse shots if they had to pull their E-11's out of the holsters.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So I tore the right arm apart again and completely repositioned it and now I'm happy. Third time is a charm! I also patched, primered, painted and weathered the right forearm. All that is remaining is the thigh pieces and I glued on the back strip to each, but I still need to do some sanding because one of the biggest issues I have with my Stormtrooper are the way the strips sit on the thighs. I did exactly what I was supposed to based on the Anovos instructions, but it just looks off to me and I am improving it with the Sandtrooper build.

I probably won't get back to this until Sunday at the earliest. We're hitting the Renaissance Festival on Saturday (weather permitting). I get to be a pirate again!