Phoenix Board # 178: Merry Christmas and a Happy 2017!!

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
I hadn't heard of a Legendary Scale Artoo & Threepio being released. This would be really nice to have being that they're two characters that have been in every Star Wars movie. At $4000, I just DON'T see myself getting these.

I wonder if they'll end up in Red Cup somehow.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Any interest in Logan (The Wolverine 3), Guardians of the Galaxy 2 or Spider-Man: Homecoming? Thor: Ragnarok (Thor 3) also comes out this year, co-starring The Hulk and Dr. Strange.

The nearest release I'm looking forward to is John Wick 2.
Going to see all of them except Spider Man. Even with Robert Downey Jr. in it, I just can't get into Spiderman.

Reaction score
Dave Filoni may have leaked the reveal of a 2nd Pop! in the SB Rebels box:

Spoiler:  
Old Man Rex!

Reaction score
Dave Filoni may have leaked the reveal of a 2nd Pop! in the SB Rebels box:

Spoiler:  
Old Man Rex!

Awesome it looks good.

I got my replacement box from SB yesterday very pleased. I would imagine Luke on a Tauntaun would be someone's exclusive this summer.

Reaction score
FYI, I found Wave 3 of Rogue One Figures at a Walmart in Northern Az today. Managed to get everyone but the shore trooper (and passed on the Leia). I would imagine these will be all around AZ soon, but if you are in Flagstaff the Walmart on Huntington has one each of Thrawn, Bodhi, and Jyn (in disguise) left. The Thrawn figure is awesome, not too thin like the other Rebels characters, and had the correct rank bar. Also picked up an Unkar on clearance because, portions.

Last edited:
Reaction score
FYI, I found Wave 3 of Rogue One Figures at a Walmart in Northern Az today. Managed to get everyone but the shore trooper (and passed on the Leia). I would imagine these will be all around AZ soon, but if you are in Flagstaff the Walmart on Huntington has one each of Thrawn, Bodhi, and Jyn (in disguise) left. The Thrawn figure is awesome, not too thin like the other Rebels characters, and had the correct rank bar. Also picked up an Unkar on clearance because, portions.
I don't understand this.

Reaction score
I didn't get a bunch of time on my Sandtrooper today and a good portion of my time was spent cutting a mannequin arm, repositioning and fiberglassing it. Not fun. I did complete the belt, which doesn't sound like much except that the belt I received was a black canvas belt since I ordered a Shadow Trooper, so I had to purchase a new canvas belt from Trooper Bay and then fab up the buttons that hold the armor piece to it and then attach all the parts. I also attached the second ammo pouch to his belt. He also has bicep armor now. One of the forearm pieces has been built, primered and painted today. Tomorrow it will get clear coat and weathered. I still need to completely build the other forearm and two thigh pieces. Plus I think I've decided to build this mannequin from a mannequin torso I've owned for years.

Reaction score
I don't understand this.

Maybe because he was getting it for a smaller portion rather than a full portion. (Sale Price vs Full Price)

Reaction score
I didn't get a bunch of time on my Sandtrooper today and a good portion of my time was spent cutting a mannequin arm, repositioning and fiberglassing it. Not fun. I did complete the belt, which doesn't sound like much except that the belt I received was a black canvas belt since I ordered a Shadow Trooper, so I had to purchase a new canvas belt from Trooper Bay and then fab up the buttons that hold the armor piece to it and then attach all the parts. I also attached the second ammo pouch to his belt. He also has bicep armor now. One of the forearm pieces has been built, primered and painted today. Tomorrow it will get clear coat and weathered. I still need to completely build the other forearm and two thigh pieces. Plus I think I've decided to build this mannequin from a mannequin torso I've owned for years.

Looking great my friend. The weathering you have done is LEGIT!

Reaction score
Went out to eat tonight at San Tan Gorden Beirsch and decided to swing by Barnes & Noble. I picked up a Rey Hot Wheels car that I'm pretty sure I have, but the car did not look familiar, so I grabbed it just in case. They had a sale going on a bunch of books at 50% off. I found the Essentials to Droids book marked $12.95. I thought maybe it was the marked down price, but checked just in case. Was glad I did because it rang up at $6.50. Not a book I was dying to have, but at $6.50 I'll take it.

Reaction score
Looking great my friend. The weathering you have done is LEGIT!

Thanks! When I was doing the individual pieces, I was very worried I was over doing it, but once I got it together I was very happy with it.

I kind of cheated with the attachment of the ammo pouch on his shoulder. It's supposed to attach to the backpack, which is why only troopers with backpacks have ammo pouches, but I didn't want it to be reliant on the pack, so I ran a leather strap from under the pauldron to the D-ring on the pouch and another strap from the pouch that buckles around his arm. I really like the D-ring, even if it's not 100% movie accurate.

Reaction score
Again not a huge update, but I spent a lot of time on positioning arms. I am using my Mandalorian rifle as a placement holder to get an idea and I think it's working pretty well. The right forearm armor is assembled and primered. I need to do some Bondo patching to fill any gaps on the trim pieces and then it will get painted and weathered.

Feel free to offer critiques (even if it's negative). I'd rather know of a problem now than once it's all complete.

Reaction score
I was looking at it last night and the right arm is going to get redone. It pops out too far at the shoulder and doesn't look natural. I like the left arm a lot.

I found some wooden articulated hands on Amazon for $20 each, so I'll probably be ordering those today. I just want to do a little more research first.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My Baze and Chirrut BS6 pre-order processed and shipped from Dorkside Toys. Delivery ETA is Monday, but FedEx usually delivers a day earlier than expected.

Probably could've waited for regular retail assuming solid cases ship to stores too, but oh well.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My Baze and Chirrut BS6 pre-order processed and shipped from Dorkside Toys. Delivery ETA is Monday, but FedEx usually delivers a day earlier than expected.

Probaby could've waited for regular retail assuming solid cases ship to stores too, but oh well.
I saw that they received solid cases of both today. From the reviews I've read, this are some of the best BS6 figures to date. Looking forward to finding them.

Reaction score
I got an e-mail from Sideshow that the Hot Toys shoretrooper figure has been delayed until March-April.

Reaction score
I'm guessing you ordered this one.
Yep, from RO I have the shoretrooper squad leader and a regular death trooper on pre-order. I'm waiting for the tank driver that was shown at several shows to go up too. Not sure if I'll get a regular shoretrooper. It's not up for pre-order yet either.

Reaction score
Yep, from RO I have the shoretrooper squad leader and a regular death trooper on pre-order. I'm waiting for the tank driver that was shown at several shows to go up too. Not sure if I'll get a regular shoretrooper. It's not up for pre-order yet either.
A Tank Driver is going to be hard for me to pass on. I wouldn't mind a Shore Trooper and Death Trooper either.

Reaction score
Has anyone seen this Jakk's 31" Death Trooper? It's on Amazon, but only on sale from two 3rd party sellers and they want outrageous prices for them. I'm guessing they just haven't hit yet.

UPDATE: Actually I found a third seller with a price of $217.62. That's insane. They're just hoping to get someone that doesn't know what they're looking at.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Has anyone seen this Jakk's 31" Death Trooper? It's on Amazon, but only on sale from two 3rd party sellers and they want outrageous prices for them. I'm guessing they just haven't hit yet.
The only place I've seen them in person was in the shops at Disneyland a few weeks ago.

Reaction score
I broke down and ordered another BS6 Snowtrooper off Amazon. I have yet to see these in any stores. Since I ordered it with a camera case Desiree wanted, it will be arriving today.

If anyone needs the BS6 AT-AT Driver, it's dropped to $18+ on Amazon with free Prime shipping.

Reaction score
Spent some time tearing apart the right arm that I fiberglassed over the weekend. Not a fun task. I changed the position to more of what I wanted. It's now in two pieces that are assembled after he's partially dressed. Otherwise I can't get the armor on because of the angles. The plan is to have him hold electrobinoculars in his right hand. I need to make those too. I also added the hands to both arms which involved cutting both arms down to size.