Phoenix Board # 176: Force Friday Coming!!

Reaction score
Can you smell it? mmmmmmmmmmmmmhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. New thread smell.

OK. New thread for everybody to play.

A few posts from the last one

An unboxing video was posted on FB. Click the Spoiler button to see the 2nd Pop!.

Spoiler:  
Noooooooooo!!!

Spoiler:  
That figure doesn't even make sense. At no time did Vader Force choke anyone with his lightsaber ignited or even in his hand. I would've definitely preferred a mouse droid.

Picked up Rogue One wave one K2SO, Imperial Ground Crew, Sabine, Kanan, Jyn and Stormtrooper at Stapley Fry's Marketplace. Left two Kylo's and one Sabine. I like the look of the card except for the back which is too busy for me with too much text.

K2SO looks really good; the Stormtrooper's snap on armor might be a nice feature and the other figures look pretty good except Jyn. I thought the sculpt of her face looked terrible.

Reaction score
Forgot to mention my R2-B00 arrived on Wednesday wrapped in tissue paper in a nice big box with air pillows. Much better experience than last time.

I like the black, orange, purple and green R2 color scheme.
Got one too, love the little guy.

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
I received shipping notice from Sideshow and couldn't figure out what I was receiving. I don't think I have anything on order. Then it dawned on me... Pretty sure it's BB-8's little antenna. It's a shame they had to send that little thing in it's own package.

Reaction score
Forgot to mention my R2-B00 arrived on Wednesday wrapped in tissue paper in a nice big box with air pillows. Much better experience than last time.

I like the black, orange, purple and green R2 color scheme.
Got one too, love the little guy.
Anybody has an extra? I missed him for a few minutes when it was up in the app. Thanks!

Reaction score
Picked up Sabine at Ellsworth/Broadway Fry's. RO wave 1 complete.
You suck... just kidding. I checked most of the westside Frys yesterday and only came up with one Imperial Ground Crew and left a few Kylo Rens. I know we'll be drowning in wave one soon as they always over order the first wave of a new line. I guess I just got anxious for new figures. Did you pick Kylo Ren? I thought it was just a repack but now I'm not sure.

I also picked up some RO Hot Wheels ships. TIE Striker/X-wing 2-pack and the U-wing single. They also had a green A-wing from Rebels but I passed for now. I was only collecting the Hasbro Titanium ships until now. They seem to cover the same ground. Does anyone collect both the Titanium and Hot Wheels ships? Is one line better than the other?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just had Cox GigaBlast installed. Did you see how fast I just posted this message?
Just curious, I'm on Cox too (not GigaBlast). Whats your speed at fast.com? Mines 43 Mbps right now.
Speedtest.net says I'm 68.16Mbps (download speed), 33.23 (upload).

Last edited:
Reaction score
I received my GG Kylo Ren bust today. #165

Another very nice and very sturdy bust. The only separate piece is the lightsaber blade and it connects nicely and stays in place well. I do have to say out of the three TFA busts GG has put out so far, not one of them is even remotely disappointing in any way, but then it sounds like I lucked out on the Stormtrooper coloring on mine.

Reaction score
900 Mbps.

I'm happy!
Wow that is sweet. I wish it was available in my area. The last time I checked it was not.

I am paying for Premier which is one step down from the"Ultimate" I get just shy of 100mbs.
Right now they are throttling me down to 50mbs because I went over my 700gb data usage this month downloading the latest Star Wars De-Specialized Releases. :(

Reaction score
Impressive! I have Cox Ultimate, which says I should be getting up to 300 Mbps but according to those test sites, I don't come anywhere near that.
I just ran it 3 more times to see if it was consistent and I got speeds of 890, 880 and 930.

The really nice thing is that I was told I should not have a saturation problem. When we moved into our neighborhood we were one of the first to have Cox and there were very few houses around. We had no houses in front of ours and the entire subdivision behind us didn't exist. Our Cox connection screamed, but over the years, as more people moved in, it became slower. That is not supposed to be the case with the Gig service. I was told that I should have the same performance 2 years from now as I do now. I guess we'll see.

Oh and my bill is supposed to actually drop a little over $12 per month.

SpeedTest.com, which I think is the one Cox uses, is giving me 947.53 Mbps download and 944.44 Mbps upload.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is AWESOME!!!

I would've preferred a TFA X-wing over the classic version since we already have the larger scale OT X-Wings.

Yakface.com said:
As we revealed yesterday, Hasbro is releasing a special “value” assortment of vehicles for Rogue One and joining the TIE Striker is the Rebel X-wing Fighter. These lower cost vehicles strip out most of the toyetic features of their larger vehicle counterparts in lieu of more accurate proportions and aesthetics

Last edited:
Reaction score
According to a Hasbro Q&A posted up at Yakface.com, the BS6 will NOT be available on Force Friday (now being called Rogue Friday). But then they claim there will be store exclusive BS6 figures available that day.

• Wave 2 of 3.75″ (basic figures, vs. packs, and vehicles) and 6″ Black Series will not be available on Sept. 30 but rolled out shortly thereafter

• More 6″ Black Series retailer exclusives are expected for Rogue Friday – details to come next week

I'm beginning to wonder if I want to take that Friday off or not. Hopefully we'll find more out in the next week or so.

Reaction score
According to Adam Pawlus of Galactic Hunter, the Rogue One Kylo Ren is the unmasked version body with a hooded/masked head and a new weapon, so it sounds like I passed on a figure I would've liked to have picked up. Dammit!!!

Reaction score
This is AWESOME!!!

I would've preferred a TFA X-wing over the classic version since we already have the larger scale OT X-Wings.

I don't think these are for 3.75" figures. The packaging design looks similar to that tiny Millennium Falcon that was found at Dollar General.

Reaction score
I don't how many people still buy at TRU but you can get a $20 e-gift card through GROUPON right now.
It can be used in store or online. It could possibly save you some cash if you are a TRU shopper.
With Rouge Friday coming up it might come in handy.

Reaction score
AZ Ave & Ocotillo Target- They had a ton of Target Exclusive Maz Pop! figures, so I grabbed one. I assume I already have it, but I wasn't 100% sure. I was watching four BS6 TIEs that have been on clearance, but apparently they sold this weekend.

McQueen & Riggs Fry's Marketplace- Stopped in for food items, but checked anyway and found the Kylo Ren I passed on. He was not there last time I was and according to my wife, was not there this morning either. This time I bought him, so I can compare.

Reaction score
The Rogue One Kylo Ren is definitely different than the basic figure, the armor up figure and obviously the BS3 version. The differences are very minor, so if you don't care to have a near identical figure, no sense in getting this one.

I just wished I could find the unmasked version.

Reaction score

Yakface.com said:
We ran into this news this weekend but @geektroooper on Twitter shares this excellent side-by-side image of two new Jakks Pacific exclusive 18″ Big-Fig packs hitting Costco stores. The Force Awakens set includes Rey, Kylo Ren and Finn and the Rogue One Anthology set includes K-2SO, Stormtrooper and Death Trooper. Both retail for $39.99.
I'm pretty sure the Big-Figs are the 18" version. Does anyone know for sure?

Reaction score
Found my first rogue one basic figure last night at frys, can't remember the name of it, but it was essentially the death Star gunner.