Phoenix Board #175: SDCC. Hoping it brings good things!

Reaction score
Scum & Villainy Cantina pop-up opening soon in Hollywood

There will be a temporary Star Wars themed bar/restaurant in Hollywood somewhere. I'm waiting on reservations to open up to see what the prices look like.
I have a friend who lives in San Diego who sent me info (probably the same article) about 2 weeks ago. Sounds cool. To bad it is only temporary. I probably won't have a chance to check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
BIG THANKS to Desert Trooper for helping me replace my broken Pop! FO TIE Pilot, an extra Boushh patch and the Phasma wave. It's nice to get that off the list. Now if I could only find the helmetless Kylo Ren.

Desiree was thrilled to get the patch.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Riggs & McQueen Fry's Marketplace (yesterday)- Picked up an extra Stormtrooper Masher and a Jar Jar Masher for $6. They have a number of them on sale including Boba Fett and Spider Maul. They also have the first wave of the helmet 2-packs for about $5-$6 ( I forget).

Germann & Gilbert Walmart- Nothing

Riverview Walmart- Nothing

Reaction score
BIG THANKS to Desert Trooper for helping me replace my broken Pop! FO TIE Pilot, an extra Boushh patch and the Phasma wave. It's nice to get that off the list. Now if I could only find the helmetless Kylo Ren.

Desiree was thrilled to get the patch.
I'm glad I was able to help you out and have the Boushh patch find a good home.

Reaction score
FLW Target still had one BS Kanan, 2 Snowtroopers, some Jangos and Flametroopers on clearance for $9.99.

Reaction score
I forgot to mention I picked up my Anovos Shadow Trooper armor from my son on Saturday. The box was extremely beat up and so was the included poster. It's also missing the plastic connecting strap for the leg and arm pieces, so have placed a support ticket with them, which I assume will go unanswered. We'll see.

Also received the Mandalorian Stein that I ordered from Entertainment Earth a number of months ago. It arrived Saturday, but only realized it was in the mail box this morning. It's nice. Nothing spectacular, but for $15 it's worth it.

Reaction score
OFF TOPIC

Has anyone been watching Legends of Tomorrow? We recorded it just in case we heard it was good and have the entire season to watch still. I can't say I'm all that motivated about it since most of the characters/actors were my least favorite (except Brandon Routh) from Arrow and Flash.

Anyone got an opinion?

Reaction score
It has it it's ups and downs. Some are really, really good. Some are....ehhhhhh. The effects, sometimes, are distracting. I think the Wild West episode (not a spoiler) is my favorite. Lots of Star Wars (especially boba fett) references.

OFF TOPIC

Has anyone been watching Legends of Tomorrow? We recorded it just in case we heard it was good and have the entire season to watch still. I can't say I'm all that motivated about it since most of the characters/actors were my least favorite (except Brandon Routh) from Arrow and Flash.

Anyone got an opinion?

Reaction score
OFF TOPIC

Anyone got an opinion?
I think it is great! I am re-watching the first season on BluRay now. I like all 4 of the shows(LoT, Flash, Arrow, and Supergirl) in that universe.

Reaction score
OFF TOPIC

Anyone got an opinion?
I tried it last year I watched all the episodes but I think this year I'm taking it off my DVR list I still want to watch the Arrow and the Flash though.

Reaction score
Germann & Gilbert Target- Nothing good. They had a ton of basic figures, like about 6 pegs filled, but no helmetless Kylo Rens.

AZ Ave & Ocotillo Target- Picked up a $9.98 BS6 Snowtrooper.
What helmetless Kylo Ren are you looking for? Or are you referring to the unmasked one?

Reaction score
I sure hope there's more to some of these new troopers in Rogue One than a few seconds of screen time. The Flame Trooper was a huge disappointment in that we only saw it in the one scene and it was no big deal.

Reaction score
When I see the Vader POP! All I see is Stewie from the Family Guy SW specials.

Ares, have seen reports of the unmasked Kylos at Dollar General. I've checked one, but nothing so far. Of course I'll snag one for you if I see a couple.

Reaction score
He really does! Very disappointing.

And I REALLY don't like that the Death Trooper is a Walmart exclusive. I hardly see any Funko at the Walmarts I go to.

EDIT: never mind. It looks like there are two. The Walmart variant isn't different enough where I absolutely have to have it. I can just go with the regular version.

Last edited:
Reaction score
[sarcastic]How can you say that? I mean besides the color and shape there's hardly anything similar about them. The Pop! has silver on his armor and green on his belt. Stewie doesn't have either of those. They're night and day different.[/sarcastic]

Reaction score
I just discovered Dremel makes a 3D printer. This excites me because it's a major name and could create competition and bring the prices way down. It's currently on sale at Home Depot for $799. The fact that Home Depot is carrying something like this gives me hope too.

Just think of all of the Star Wars accessories I could make.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Shouldn't a New Hope era Vader have the inner robes going over the top of his chest/shoulder armor? I hope they have that detail correct in the movie and don't ignore it. It would be cool if his robes, gloves, helmet, etc. matched the ANH version rather than TESB/ROTJ.

Reaction score
Shouldn't a New Hope era Vader have the inner robes going over the top of his chest/shoulder armor? I hope they have that detail correct in the movie and don't ignore it. It would be cool if his robes, gloves, helmet, etc. matched the ANH version rather than TESB/ROTJ.
Maybe he was just trying a new style for those couple of days in ANH.

I agree though. Hopefully they're paying that kind of attention to detail, but I have a feeling that won't be the case.