Philly & Surrounding Suburbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: Philly & Surrounding Suburbs

well The Real Jon, thanks for the update on your finds. Unfortunately i was unable to get to Toys R Us in time to benefit from your info but SOMEONE did. THey got the luke from the bin and your hidding spot so id like to know whom it was that did this. I hope it is someone from this forum and they will post it so we know that a fellow collector got them! It had to of been someone who reads these things because they got both the lukes. I talked to an Employee who said an individual was there around threeish, maybe a lil bit earlier and they bought Both the bespin lukes so they had to of had a clue they were there to look for them. So please, let us know that it was a fellow collector from the board who got those figs because i know im still looking for one and my brother is. If we dont hear about who got them we will have to go back to the inform each other through emails on our finds so as to avoid the cheese d!ck mofo whos reads the forums and then goes and grabs the goods away from all the other collectors.
Also, was there any Vaders there this morning? WHy is it now that ive seen the bespin wave 3 times yet there hasnt been a single vader? Strikes me as very odd!
Anyways, congrats on the find...persistence pays off. And i may have found myself a nice new contact within toyrs r us. He was very helpful and i may start to hit him up for more information in the future about the figs and when they come in...
im outtie, latta all

Reaction score

I got an email from some guy thanking me for the info, he said he picked up Luke, must have picked them both up, if thats who the employee might have been referring to.

Also, there were TONS of Vaders there when I got there. I dunno where the heck they all could have gone, but that bin was stocked with em.

I'm gonna go out Friday most likely and see if I cant find anythign new again. I'll email ya if I find those bloody lukes again.

G

Hey guys! I live in Atlanta but I will be going to a seminar in Philadelphia from June 22-26. Are there any good stores in the Philadelphia area that I should check out? Thanks!

Randy

Reaction score

Originally posted by darthmarc:
..... I see fan force groups/clubs-whatever there called, for SW collecting, but none from our area. Anyone think that stinks? I see them for NY, Pittsburgh PA, etc., but none for the Phila./SJ brethren. Well it's good to see some locals suffering like me, this is definitely the Tatooine of the SW universe (NY is Coruscant). No 24 hour Walmarts in my area, the TRU's all bite. The Target's near me could care less about SW.....oh well, i'll stop ranting now, HH everyone!!
<font size="2" face="arial">No there is one! We are the NJSWCC and are located at http://www.thejawa.net/cgi-bin/YaBB/NJSWCC/YaBB.cgi
Check us out!

Reaction score

Yeah, well it was nice of him to email and thank you i guess, but unless this individual and others contribute to the forum we will have to keep our finds to ourselves and rely on regular email. I go out a few times a week and on weekends and what i find ill let ya know with an email. Loking for something inparticular, let me know!
Whats up Delvec...hes a good guy. So take the time to check out the NJSWCC. I know because he put a lot of effort forth last year in trying to help a bunch of us start one for the Philadelphia area, but that didnt materialize and kinda faded out, but not from lack of effort on his part. And the NJ one is still going strong. I wish we could have kept the Philly one going because that helped me land a few of the harder to get POTJ at the time like the sandtrooper wave, and i did get my FF Boba fett for next to nothing from a great guy from that Club as well!
So dont be shy, go contribute to that Club if you are from that area
im outtie

Reaction score

And not to ignore ya Randy, my bad. I am not actually from the city itself so its hard for me to tell you were good places are to go. I believe there is someone who posts here whom goes to city stores and they can provide you with info. If youare going to the NW suburbs then i can tell ya where the stores are at. Will you find anything new or special up in this area. Prolly not, we all agree that we tend to be the Tatooine of the collecting areas...we aint got squat and what we do got gots dust! No fun at all

Reaction score

You would actually be surprised if you check out CVS's around the area, people neglect the fact that most of them orderred a case or two of the POTJ stuff, when stocking their shelves, and the things are still warming the pegs. I managed to get a clean biker scout that was just sitting there in mint as can be condition amoungst other POTJ stuff. I didn't think much of it at the time and openned it, then realized it was a rarity. Oh well.

But the CVS my girlfriend works at has a bunch of old POTJ stuff, Han Death Star Escape, Fode and Bebe and some other stuff last I checked.

I've noticed something about our area however. About a year after the Star Wars movie hype dies down, the rare toys start showing up. Sadly these few times are the times I lost interest, I was unable to keep up the hobby whne the price was at like 6.99 - 7.99 at Walmart and TRU so I never bought those commtech or potj waves when they were coming out. But whenever I passed them, I always recalled seeing some damn good ones. I think we have a lot of short term collectors in the area, and I'd imagine by the end of the summer our stores will get some good stuff in.

Reaction score

Well, I never check this section, but look at this - I had no idea there were all these Philly collectors here. I work and live in center city, for the record. The only stores I frequent are KB in the Gallery Mall, K-Mart at 10th/Market, TRU on Oregon, and Walmart on Columbus. None of them have treated me very well post April 23rd. Walmart had all 27 on that first day, so I picked up Yoda and Dooku way back then. Haven't seen the Palpatine wave yet, but I'll certainly check back in here if I do.

Randy - there really isn't much in the way of Toy/Collectible stores in Philly besides the big chains. There's one place called Quakerhead Collectibles at 5th/South Street which has a ton of cool toys, but he's pretty expensive. SW goes for about $10-15 on most figures. It's a cool store, though, and I stop in every now and again, but rarely buy anything.

G

Hey, any of you guys in a collectors club, or would like to start one?

Reaction score

Originally posted by BARANEK:
Hey, any of you guys in a collectors club, or would like to start one?
<font size="2" face="arial">Although I don't call myself a "collector" per se, I would like to be a part of SOME kind of action figure club-thingy whatever.
Based on what happened with the dude taking the hidden figures I think it'll be best to start out with making some sort of email list-serv or Yahoo Group-kinda thing, then maybe work on a small webpage if more people join.
I'm willing to help out in starting it up.

I think I'll check the KB in Center City tomorrow, i'll email if I find anything.

G

That is what I am talking about. I am going to check out the Target in warrington this after noon for the new exclusives.

Reaction score

The Toys R Us in both willow grove and montgomeryville had a decent supply of zutton and rebel fleet troopers. The Kay Bee at willow grove and mongtomeryville had a ton of Luke bespin and obi wan wave stuff.

Reaction score

The KB at Montgomeryville mall also had a decent supply of Bespin stuff.

Oh yeah and The Montco TRU has dropped the price to 4.97.

G

The K.B. at Oxfordvalley has a good supply of Zuttons as of last night.

Reaction score

TRU at 3rd/Oregon had a few Yodas and Dookus as of thursday afternoon if any of you are still looking for them. And they dropped the price to $4.99. They had some other cool figures, too, like Anakin HD, Clonetroopers, and Royal Guards. No sign of Palpatine, Pilot Obi-Wan, etc.

Reaction score

Wheres that TRU located? I might head there one of these days.

Yeah all of the stores have lowerred their prices, KB, Walmart, and TRU. Also Montgomeryville Walmart is BARE. Expect a new shipment any day now to them, cause their shelf is two deep in the best parts. There are no Deluxe figures, nothing. So I'd imagine a restock will be coming soon.

G

Hey Real Jon how close are you to the Montgomery Walmart are you?

Reaction score

i must just really be off cuz i havent found nuttin in a lil bit but all you guys seem to be scoring the newer figs, which im glad to hear. What about these bespin lukes you guys are seeing. Are they the regular versions or the good ones? I seriously need to find one on a decent card if thats possible!
hehehe, anyways i dont get to hit these stores till after work so i guess thats why i never get the good pickings...

Reaction score

Originally posted by BARANEK:
Hey Real Jon how close are you to the Montgomery Walmart are you?
<font size="2" face="arial">About 5 minutes.

I'm most likely gonna check again tonight to see if any cases come in. After lifting or something like that, Darth if I'd known a trade of mine would have gone to complete **** I would have held one of my Bespin lukes for ya. Instead I got ripped off by some dude who too kthe only two I had.

Reaction score

Hey whats up all. Well i finally managed to grab a Vader at Toys R Us in willow grove and thats all they really had, nothing much else. Kay Bee in willow grove had a couple Bespin lukes and some from that wave but there were two guys there tearing through the figures looking i guess for the more desireable figures to buy up. At least i saw some kid with his mom and she was getting him a Vader and a HD anakin and Mace Windu figure so at least the kid was able to get some of the figs he wanted. K Mart and Wal Mart were both complete wastes of time. They havent put out figs at either of those places in god knows how long!
Well thats all for now....later

Reaction score

As of NOW www.kbtoys.com has the Das Pjur figure and the Senator Palpatine figure instock for 5.99 apiece if anyone is looking for them and cant wait to find them in a store...

Reaction score

As I predicted the Walmart in Montco restocked with the Djas Puhr/Palpatine/Endor Trooper/etc wave. They are abundant too.

Also if you are looking for Nexu or the Deluxe Anakin with Genosian, go to Kohls in Warminster, they have TONS of them.

G

Has anybody found anything good this weekend?

G

I checked KB Toys, TRU, Wal-Mart and K-Mart in Willow Grove on Saturday. Didn't find very much there. TRU had nothing. KB Toys had a couple of Mace Windus,a Jango Final Battle and the 12" Red/Yellow Clone Troopers. K-Mart had their 12" figures incorrectly marked for $9.99 each, so I picked up a set of those. BEWARE OF THE CLUELESS EMPLOYEES THERE, it took me 40 minutes in line to get the figures for the price they were marked when none of the employees, including the manager could figure out how to do a price overide.

Walmart in Montgomeryville was cleared out by Sunday of all Puhr and Palpatine figures. LOTS of Qui Gon figures on the shelves now. Walmart in Quakertown has the same selection, after freshly restocking.

I was able to score an Ultimate Jango Fett @ K-Mart, but the package was trashed. They don't expect anymore Star Wars for a while, since their stock is not selling through.

Does anyone know where they have Ultimate Jangos? I want to buy another to keep in the box, but they seem very hard to come by in this area.

Reaction score

Originally posted by fallapart13:
I checked KB Toys, TRU, Wal-Mart and K-Mart in Willow Grove on Saturday. Didn't find very much there. TRU had nothing. KB Toys had a couple of Mace Windus,a Jango Final Battle and the 12" Red/Yellow Clone Troopers. K-Mart had their 12" figures incorrectly marked for $9.99 each, so I picked up a set of those. BEWARE OF THE CLUELESS EMPLOYEES THERE, it took me 40 minutes in line to get the figures for the price they were marked when none of the employees, including the manager could figure out how to do a price overide.

Walmart in Montgomeryville was cleared out by Sunday of all Puhr and Palpatine figures. LOTS of Qui Gon figures on the shelves now. Walmart in Quakertown has the same selection, after freshly restocking.

I was able to score an Ultimate Jango Fett @ K-Mart, but the package was trashed. They don't expect anymore Star Wars for a while, since their stock is not selling through.

Does anyone know where they have Ultimate Jangos? I want to buy another to keep in the box, but they seem very hard to come by in this area.
<font size="2" face="arial">There was like 3 of them at Willow Grove K Mart the other day.

Reaction score

yeah, K Marts seem to be the place to get the Ultimate Jango Fett. Let me know if you cant find one. I have two and im tempted to open one but i will hold off. Both are in good shape, nothing wrong with them. So if you plan on keeping it in box let me know and ill give you a decent one for yer messed one and ill open that up. As for finding anything, nothing. But something of note if yer a variation hunter. I just noticed today that Toys R Us and Kay Bee both had a few Zam Wesell figures with the Face Reveal sticker as opposed to the quick draw sticker. I havent seen these before though i havent really been looking. Just odd that i now found them at two different stores!
Well thats all for now
latta

G

Unfortunately the suspense got to me and I opened my Ultimate Jango already. Hopefully I can find another one in the store to keep. I certainly don't want to pay the premium price that they're going for on eBay right now.

If anyone has an extra Palpatine or Puhr figure or knows where I can score one, please let me know.

Thanks!

Reaction score

Originally posted by The Real Jon:
I happenned to get Das Puhr and Palpatine on a trade from here. They are rather good, however I belive his wave is around cause I have seen a lot of the Endor Trooper wave. I'm hoping TRU gets some more bloody lukes cause I would like a carded one without creasage for my collection.

Also has anyone gotten Orn Free Ta? That blue fatty twilek senator? I openned him up nad his head popped off! I was wonderring if this one was poorly made or it is actually a feature so that you can remove his outer cloak. Either way the head is near impossible to get back on.
<font size="2" face="arial">No problems with my Orn Free Taa. Must be a fluke fig. I'm not from philly, central PA, and the pickings are so so. I've seen massif, endor trooper, Orn Free Ta, a Dooku or two, one Yoda, one Darth, lots of mace, FB Jango, Qui Gon.

Reaction score

Just got back from the walmart on columbus blvd. They had tons of endor soldier, orn, qui-gon, genonosian, royal guards, taun we, luminara, etc. No sign of the luke, palpatine, or han waves, though. I almost missed them, it was on one of the islands in the middle of an aisle, a good distance away from the original april 23 display (where all the pegwarmers are still housed).

G

I found an unleashed Maul at Willow Grove TRU, it was the last one they had. They have a few 12" Ultimate Jangos thou.

G

The Target in warrington on 611 has the delux Ani and nexu in stock

Reaction score

I didnt see any unleashed figs when i was at Toyrs R Us...but id rather get the maul anyways so ill wait till i see another. I was around tonight and no ones got anything cept for the same ole schlop. Didnt someone on here say they were looking for Dooku's? Well Kay Bee in montgomeryville mall had a few of them and the CVS in that mall also had a Dooku. So if someone here is still in search of him there ya go........
im outtie

Reaction score

I know its not exactly Phila., but right over the bridge on Rt. 38 I found new Deluxe Anakin and Nexu (very cool). There was about 5-7 Anakins left and 4-5 Nexu's left. Walmart on Rt. 70 (Marlton) loads of Luke/Jango/Mace/Vader (I was shocked-must have been 20 Vaders) . I also found two Han endors there (I only bought one). So I guess they had Chewie and Obi Pilot at one point (just missed them). So we have confirmation of the Obi/Han/Chewy wave locally (I'll keep my eyes open). HH

Reaction score

Deluxe figures were $10 at Target on rt. 38 (sorry).

Reaction score

Walmart in Montgomeryville has an entire skid of it looks like all the Bespin Wave guys if you havent gotten them yet. It looks like all the cases were same guys but different ratios, I openned two fo them only to find all non bloody lukes, mace, final boba, and bespin vaders. So I imagine tommorow their shelves are gonna be full of em.

SO if you need, em, PICK IT UP!

Reaction score

Originally posted by darthmarc:
I know its not exactly Phila., but right over the bridge on Rt. 38
<font size="2" face="arial">TRU or Target on 38?

G

Walmart in Montgomeryville is loaded with Bespin Lukes and Vaders. They also had (2) Han Solos and some Jango Final Battles and quite a few Orn Free Taas.

Walmart in Quakertown has just about the same exact figures.

Has anyone found Chewbacca in any of the local stores? That's the figure I'm really looking for.

Also looking for Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighter Pilot, Palpatine and Djas Puhr. Anyone know where to score those?

Thanks!

G

I have not seen chewie, han, or obi-wan pilot yet (though I really want them). I have seen nothing big though here:
Reading Super Wal-Mart: they had a couple orn frees and qui-gons.

Pottstown Wal-Mart: Jango Finals and Luke Bespin. i didn't see any vaders or maces.

That's all where I've been. I ordered a palpatine, bespin luke, and orn free off line. I found a good deal and of course they show up in stores the day I get the figures in the mail.

Reaction score

Walmart on Columbus Blvd. had tons of the Luke Bespin wave (all 4 figures). At least a dozen or more of each. Still had a bunch of the Orn wave, too. No sign of Palpatine, Han, Chewbacca, etc.

Reaction score

Kay Bee in montgomeryville mall had a few Unleashed Mauls and Fetts tonight when i was there and ive seen scatterings of the Bespin wave all over

Status
Not open for further replies.