Philly & Surrounding Suburbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Philly & Surrounding Suburbs

Well i dont see any threads for the philly area so i will start one. Hopefully there are some other people around here out hunting as well and can start posting. Anyways there has been nothing new around the area except for today at the Warminster Wal Mart where i found two Mace Windus and Two Final Battle Jangos. There were no Lukes or Vaders so it looks like someone grabbed them all. The Jangos were right on the end of the pegs where as the maces were burried, which was odd. I went to all the surrounding stores in the Warminster/Warrington area and found nothing new there. But its nice to see that wal mart got at least one new case in. Hopefully in the next week or so we will see many more.

Reaction score
Re: Philly & Surrounding Suburbs

i think im going to hit my wal mart again tomorrow so if i find another Jango ill pick it up for you darth marc. The two i bought on sunday were cool, but the one had a beat up card so i opened it up. But seeing at least one case of them there means that there should be plenty more in the future. Ill also check out my Toys R Us too. We were there last tuesday night and they had about 10 cases worth of figs to put out. One case was the Luminari Wave and the other 9 were the basic Anakin wave, go figure!
So how did you like convention? Did you buy the Mace and Qui Gon from the guy that had the cuzom Slave Leia with the big bare breasts? Hehe, he was cool. Me and my bro got our picture taken with him in his booth for some paper, he was showing us the leia. I saw he had the new figs but at 20 bucks a pop i passed on them. Did you get any autographs? I got my Toy Fair Vader signed, my FF BOba fett signed along with a 300th Fett, My masters of the Darkside Signed by both Park and Prowse and i also got my Aurra Sing signed...WOW, shes like way more gorgeous in person! HOLLY SCHMOLLY!

Reaction score

Wow, I was just coming in here to start a Philly topic, I'm pleased to see there are others here as well. I just moved to Philly in January so I still need to get used to the area.
Any stores and locations that you guys suggest? I'm in North Philly right now.

For now I just go to KBToys in Center City and the Wal-Mart on Columbus Ave. I went there the other day and dug through the same old figures and I got lucky and found one FB Jango Fett. Didn't see any others from that assortment though. I'm going tomorrow early in the morning to check it out, hopefully they'll have Bespin Luke.

Reaction score

Welcome to the Tatooine of the collecing world. Or at lest thats what it seems. We hardly ever get anything worth while and when you actually do youve looked for it forever and it jsut doesnt seem worth it afterwards. As for where to go, im none too sure. Im from the Burbs but i know theres a TRU on Cottman and Aramingo Ave. I dont know what the finds there are but i cover the burbs pretty well. In my area i can hit 3 targets, 1 Wal Mart (a second opening soon), 2 K Marts, 2 Toys R Us, Two malls and a Kay Bee Super Store type deal. I frequent them as much as possible so i will keep you abreast on what i find. Need something in particular let me know and i will see if i have or can get it

Reaction score

Hey, I have'nt seen anything at all (South Jersey and Phila. area). I did see a whole bunch of 12" Mace Windu figures at the TRU on Cottman Ave. I couldn't find Luke and Vader, but I bought Mace & Qui-Gonn at the Wizard World convention this weekend at the Phila. convention center (I hate paying more than retail, but it looks like we're never gonna get new figures because no ones buying Padme' and C3P0's) I am so sick of seeing the same stuff. I'd love to find a Jango (Final Battle) HH

Reaction score

Well i went back to my wal mart today and had some good finds. I wish i didnt have to go to work so early so i could hit them when they open. Well anyways it seems like they got the Yoda, Anakin HD wave back in today. They had like 3 or 4 of each. I picked up a yoda to open and an Ani and Yoda for a friend but there were still a few of them. I also managed to score a Qui Gon, Rebel Trooper and Orn Fre Ta from there as well. I only found one of each and there were no massifs! Too bad, that fig looks pretty cool. I also got lucky and found prolly the only Dooku they got. I already have one from the 23rd but this one is for my bro. Thats the only place i went. Dont trust my car till i get a new starter put in. I might run up to the Willow Grove area tonight to see if Toys R Us has anything on the floor. Like i said, anyone in this area need something, let me know, im always willing to buy and hook people up! Latta

Reaction score

Cool, thanks for the warm welcome and the offering of help, cuz I need it

I went to the Wal-Mart and KB today to find the same crap: A crap load of Amidalas, Ugly Anakins, Obi Wans, Super Battle droids and so on. Basically, all the sucky figures that are shipped the most and nobody wants, and they won't put more out cuz the old ones won't get bought (but they tell me there's no more figs in the back). I think they're about the put those figs and the Jedi starfighter on sale.
I'm really just in dire need of the Bespin Luke figure, i'd do [almost] anything for that, and Bespin Vader looks like a decent fig to get. I haven't even seen Dooku in person yet.
Those are the real three i'm looking for now.

Oh yeah, and I gotta have Luminara Unduli cause she looks nice.

Reaction score

well right now my search is on for Bespin Luke and Vader cuz ive yet to see them. I know that at least one case hit my wal mart. I still need the Genosian and Massif fig as well. As for the Umarai Unduli figure, well my wal mart has about 50 or so of her...tons! Lots, all over the place. Her whole wave is an easy find up my way! Im heading to toys r us soon to see if they have any cases sitting out to be put away tonight. Hopefully ill land something sweet. Im also going into work late tomorrow so i can hit my new wal marts grand opening...ill let ya know what i find

Reaction score

sat there for a boring half hour opening ceremony at the new Wal Mart horsham today. When we actually got to the isles they had a ton of crap. There were actually some Dookus and such there but they were burried and i had to go to work so i didnt sit there and root through them all. But i didnt see anything new and i doubt they will be putting anything new out anytime soon, they had a butt load of the old figs there! So who knows, a waste of time if ya ask me though

Reaction score

sat there for a boring half hour opening ceremony at the new Wal Mart horsham today. When we actually got to the isles they had a ton of crap. There were actually some Dookus and such there but they were burried and i had to go to work so i didnt sit there and root through them all. But i didnt see anything new and i doubt they will be putting anything new out anytime soon, they had a butt load of the old figs there! So who knows, a waste of time if ya ask me though

Reaction score

well i figured id post and update for myself on what i did find today, and to quote the pick toting afro wearing trooper from Spaceballs the movie, "We aint found sh1t!" Yeah, nothing, nadda, zipo, didly squat! That bout sums up my finds from the past few days, yup yup yup

Reaction score

wasnt me, but a friend of mine found the Bespin wave, at least a few boxes at the Toys R Us in montgomeryville. They were regular lukes, non bloody hand versions. He said they also had a bunch of the latest POTJ wave, eeth koth, Reble Fleet Troopers and such so that was cool to see them wind up in the area. Went to toys r us in willow grove and they didnt have crap!

Reaction score

Damn you are right next to me. Last night TRU in Montgomeryville had the bloody luke, and all the new ****. THey also got some cases of the eeth koth, rebel soldier, boshek waves. The Walmart never has ****, except one day they got a shipment of Bombers that is long gone now. I picked up two. THe scalpers went hard to work on the Bespin Lukes. I think I'm gonna stop up tommorow and check it out again

G

Hey Darth Poppycock,

Where is there a "NEW" Wal-Mart in Horsham? My parents live right near there. What road is it on? I will have to stop there when I visit!

LMK,
Andrew

Reaction score

I was just going to say that im not going to post finds on here because my bro and friend went up to that Toys R Us today at lunch and the place was cleaned out. Even all the POTJ figs were gone, everything! Not a single new fig when there was a bunch yesterday, at least 30 total between saga and potj and all gone? Well before lunch? I dunno...i certainly hope that a collector got them cuz if some scalping scum read this and got them i will be PISSED. So i will say when i find stuff and you guys can email me for details..to make sure that only collectors get the stuff! Im lucky that i have those figs and didnt need em, but my bro did. My friend who was there yesterday said the lukes were the regular ones but did you find a bloody one? SWEET...good to hear.
As for walmart its on Blair Mill Road in Horsham. Its located in a shopping center with Acme and what is known as the Village Mall. Its located where a Bradlees used to be. As for them having anything...not likely. I think they had all the original cases that shipped to stores before the 23rd cuz when they opened they had SQUAT...i big star wars section but all old figs and they will sit there for a while so who knows when they restock. But i go past there frequently on my way to Warminster Wal Mart so ill keep checking

G

Sorry chief, but that is me and I am not a scalper. I buy cases wholesale from a very reputable online seller. How else do you explain the quanitiy of figures I have? Do you really think any of the stores in PA got 10-20 cases of one assortment? Sorry, but probably not.

Secondly, I start all of my auctions at retail price $5.99-$7.99. If an individual wants to bid up a piece, that is their business. So if you call me a scapler, you call every retail outlet a scalper. I will help out any local individual if they simply email me and ask me. I help upwards of 15+ local collectors.

And if you have seen me in your area, what do I look like? I live in northern most tip of Bucks County, so I don't really think you have seen me in any of your TRU's.

Andrew

[ 05-21-2002, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: Zildjian ]

Reaction score

Ok, so you are not the actual guy I see in the Toy Store eveytime I'm in cleanign out the Bespin Lukes or the Motti's or whatever its been in the past. There is some guy who does that and when I saw all your auctions it just fit the description, no need to get upset. I apologize for the accusation, the auctions seemed to fit the MO of the guy in my area.

Well if you get all this stuff wholesale, help a brotha out.

Reaction score

Hello everyone, sorry been away awile. Never got to thank you DarthPoppycock, thanks! I found the Jango final battle in a South Jersey TRU (only after I purchased one from one of those dam auction sites-you know which one). It never fails, I can't find anything in Phila. or SJ, so I end up paying through the ear on-line (out of frustration). Then a week - two months later I find what i'm looking for (that sucks!) Now I'm on the never ending quest for a Bespin Skywalker (bloody), but I'm not gonna pay $30-$60 for him! It's bad enough I got the darn Jorg Sacul figure for $74!!! I have to eat spaghetti every day for weeks because of good old Georgie!! You know, some people have to work for a living and they can't fly to a galaxy far far away for fun and games. Sometimes collecting isn't fun, it's just an addiction. Some people smoke, drink, etc., my weakness is collecting Star Wars stuff..... I see fan force groups/clubs-whatever there called, for SW collecting, but none from our area. Anyone think that stinks? I see them for NY, Pittsburgh PA, etc., but none for the Phila./SJ brethren. Well it's good to see some locals suffering like me, this is definitely the Tatooine of the SW universe (NY is Coruscant). No 24 hour Walmarts in my area, the TRU's all bite. The Target's near me could care less about SW.....oh well, i'll stop ranting now, HH everyone!!

Reaction score

Yeah, i totally agree with you, our area is totally the Tatooine of the universe. It just totally blows here but at least i know of some people that found the new figs at a toys r us in this area last week. Wasnt me but some people found the stuff. I do keep searching though but my two wal marts havent put out squat in a few weeks now. So just keep looking.
I got my Sacul figure in a straight up trade of toy fair vader for sacul. to me that was a good deal cuz i got those vaders very easily from the fan club, though i was totally unaware that they are going for an outrageous ammount on a certain auction site. But i still have a vader and its autographed by David Prowse and i also have a Sacul so im happy. Ive given up on finding a Bloody luke but i think they will pop up every now and then and maybe one of us will get lucky and get a few for everyone else....
so the hunt continues

Reaction score

Even though I just got back from NY I know how you guys feel.
Like I said, I haven't even seen the Luke and Vader, not to mention the Luminara Unduli figure or the Qui Gon wave.
I'm not even risking it with the Chewey and Han wave, cause I really want those figures. I'm gonna order a case from one of those online stores cuz I want muliples of them.
If anybody from around here wants to get in on this case with me, i'll be happy to share and charge just regular price for them.

[ 05-27-2002, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: Darth MTV ]

Reaction score

I'm going over to TRU tommorow, if ya want I'll get some extra bloody lukes if any.

Reaction score

Nah TRU didnt have anything.

However, the Walmart on 309 in Montgomeryville has a few of the Endor Soldier/Orn Free Ta/Qui Gon Gin/Massiff wave on the shelves. Most of the good ones were picked up but there were some bent card ones there, if you are an openner go for it.

I only picked up one Massiff and one Orn Free Ta.

Reaction score

I found 3 Ultimate Jango Fetts at the K Mart in Warrington today. Target and Wal Mart had squat. So if you collect 12" try hitting you K Marts to find them. This K Mart hasnt put out figs since the 23rd but this was something new...

Reaction score

Well i finally found a Bloody Version of Bespin Luke tonight. Granted its not in the best of conditions, but if its the only one i find ill be happy. This was at the Toys R Us in willow grove. They had one other bespin luke, regular version, one mace constipation and two final battle Jangos. No Vaders or any thing else new. They also had about 5 or 6 12" mace figs. So i got lucky today, i think that means that i wont find anything for around 2 or 3 more weeks

Reaction score

I'm glad someone found a "bloody" Luke (i'm jealous!). I found the 12" Jango at a TRU in Cherry Hill, NJ. Bought it. Now I can't even afford spaghetti (oh well, eating is over rated). It was too cool to pass up. I saw a couple more in a Kmart (no price on them??) I don't even really want the 12" figs (no roooooom). But I couldn't resist the power of the darkside. I did see a couple of new figs. at WalMart finally! (1 Massif, 2 Corn Frit Ter's, and 1 Rebel) But they were in bad shape- except for Orn Free Taa). Hit four TRU's and two Walmart's from Central/South Jersey-nothing but crap (did see some Dooku today for the 1st time since 4/23/02). Anybody need him, just hollar. HH

Reaction score

Dooku? Never seen him. In fact, I've only ever seen one fig(literally) over #26; Orn Free Taa. One and only one. All I see now are #'s 1 through 26, and it's driving me crazy. Damn Dooku...

Reaction score

well i found the Orn Fre Ta wave tonight in what i guess we can call abundance for this area. They had at least 6-8 of each fig from that assortment as of 7:30 tonight at the Kay Bee toys in the Willow Grove Mall. At least things are starting to pop up

Reaction score

I gotta start going over to Willow Grove more often. Gotta wait til school is in session and new waves begin to come out I guess.

Montgomeryville Walmart is getting all the new stuff now, the Rebel Soldier wave and all, lots of em.

Reaction score

thats cool, i keep checking the Warminster and Horsham Wal Marts but they are still sad with the old figs. Im still hoping to find a Better bloody bespin luke in one of them. Whats up with these cards, they seem to be super flimsy or more so that the old ones. Maybe theres too much weight in the package cuz mines got some major creaseage on the back where the bubble is...its not very pretty

Reaction score

That would have to be one of my complaints about the new "Saga" figs (also don't like how the new figures are basically unposable- what's up with Vaders hips?) I've seen literally hundreds of damaged figures this past month. Then I walk into a TRU, and I watch the stock boy throwing new figs. into the metal bins they use (almost had a heart attack). The combo of the new flimsy carded figs + excess quantities + some brain dead stock people = worthless messed up carded figures. I bought a Vader that was messed up, only because I knew I was gonna open it. But for collectors who like their figs. MOMC (me), good luck. I've seen Orn Free Taa's messed up, Vader, Endor Rebel Soldier, as well as the original figs. Jango, C3P0, Padme, etc. HH

G

I'm out here in the burbs by Pottstown. The pottstown wal-mart had absotlutely nothing but I was at the king of prussia tru and they had a couple dooku and anakin hangar duels. That's it. I'm looking for orn free ta wave. Also has anyone seen Palpatine anywhere?

Reaction score

I happenned to get Das Puhr and Palpatine on a trade from here. They are rather good, however I belive his wave is around cause I have seen a lot of the Endor Trooper wave. I'm hoping TRU gets some more bloody lukes cause I would like a carded one without creasage for my collection.

Also has anyone gotten Orn Free Ta? That blue fatty twilek senator? I openned him up nad his head popped off! I was wonderring if this one was poorly made or it is actually a feature so that you can remove his outer cloak. Either way the head is near impossible to get back on.

Reaction score

Ive only seen the Orn Fre Ta wave twice. The first time was at Wal Mart like a few weeks back and i only got Orn Fre Ta, Qui Gon and Rebel Soldier there and they only had one of each. I just found a butt load of the orn fre ta wave at the Kay Bee in Willow Grove on Wednesday i believe. No signs of Das Pur or Palpatine there but they had a good amount of the other figs. Nothing new today. Ill prolly drive around a bit tomorrow and see if theres anything around but i doubt it. I want another Bloody Luke as well!
As for you question about Orn Fre, i never opened him up. Not exactly a fig i care to open so i dunoo

Reaction score

I'm probably gonna be able to check Montgomeryville and Abington/Willow Grove Area Monday mornign since its my day off. So hoepfully I'll score some stuff.

You said the K Mart in by the Willow Grove Mall carries soem of the older hard to find waves? Which one? The one right across from the mall, next to Wendy's and all?

Reaction score

No, no Das Pur or Palpatine yet and i figure we prolly gots like another month or so before we really see those figs. The orn fre ta wave is out there as a couple of us have seen them at Wal Marts and Kay Bee Toys so keep yer eyes open

Reaction score

older harder to find waves of what? That K Mart currently doenst have squat. I dont think they have put out figs since the 23rd. Same thing with the Toys R Us. And Kay bee for that matter but i was proven wrong last week when i found the two new waves at Kay Bee and Toys R Us so ya never know.

Reaction score

No Orn Free Taa, Palpatine, or Dajs Puhr over the bridge in NJ. Was in the Horsham Walmart this weekend (yeesh- tons of the same old figs.) I plan to check the South/Central Jersey side this afternoon for the new figs. I doubt i'll ever see a Han Endor or Obi Pilot because nothing is selling! I think Hasbro put out similar quantities to Episode 1, but people aren't going to see the movie like they saw TPM. Hence the kiddies aren't buying the figures like they were before (wait till Hasbro gets the numbers, probably a lot more disappointing than TPM figure sales). It looks like the movie isn't gonna break $300 million domestically either (what's going on, are people spoiled by Star Wars?) Who cares about "Sum of all Fears" anyway? Oh I quess this isn't the place to rant about that stuff. Sorry. I'm just frustrated because I can't find anything (Those cool Target fig exclusives- I bet I will never see in a Target). HH

Reaction score

Well I went all over the place today looking for figures and heres the Rundown:

Walmart Montgomeryville: Nothing (Though Shelf was not stocked so they may be getting stuff in soon.

TRU Montgomeryville: Full Shelves of peg warmers. Some Eeth Koth and Zutton in back area.

TRU Willow Grove: Just Restocked and is full of Dooku's, and The Bespin Wave, Including Bloody Luke. I dummied one behind the Transformers Optimus Primes if anyone still needs one, there was one left in the bin after that.

KMart Willow Grove: Had the 12" Jango Fett Ultimate Villians. Also had some older POTJ stuff. I picked up the Luke in Bacta Tank I needed for 9.99.

Kay Bee and Target in Willow Grove: Nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.