Petition to Hasbro for Merrick and his X-Wing

Reaction score
I'd happily buy a single carded Merrick, but I have no desire for his X-Wing. That being said, I think there are some OT fan favorites a bit more deserving of a release first - Imperial Dignitary Sim Aloo and the Emperor are the top choices that remain unmade in the last TVC Fan's Choice Poll. Since RO is a newer movie, I think they should wrap up some much need OT slots first.

Reaction score
I think this would be something where Hasbro should pack-in the pilot with the ship. The pilot could be a kit-bash anyway and the X-Wing would just be a repaint of the TVC Luke's X-Wing. Easy one for Hasbro to do and it wouldn't take up any slots in the regular TVC line.

I'm in on the petition!!

Thanks for posting!!

Reaction score
Red Squad for life bro! Well, I got my Sail Barge which was always my dream to have so if this is someone's dream item then I hope they can get theirs too. Good luck.

Reaction score
Well I feel the time for this should have been during Rogue One theatrical run, when it was still on everyone's mind. With as expensive Vehicles have gotten these days, it really needs a current media push.

I'd wager that many will not even know who he is. That said, when EP9 focus dies down, maybe they'll open up to the possibilities to support other movies. This is one reason why movies shouldn't have been every year.

Reaction score
I don't get that channel though. 😜

it is sad that most everything we want is either only on Disney+ or some kind of Collector channel.

Reaction score
I signed it pretty much for Merrick. So if he gets made, great! But I do feel getting him on TVC card is more likely.

Reaction score
I think with the Cassian series, we could see some of those rebels from RO back in action. The good thing is that if the show has Merrick and his aquad in it, then Hasbro could be on that stuff already and have some things ready to go for the show's premiere.

As far as I'm concerned, Hasbro could release Merrick on a TVC card and repaint the X-Wing and put it, alone, in a TVC box. My only request would be that they add wing stickers so people can customize their X-Wing with whichever pilot they want. If they went that route, some people might buy multiples. We'd also need more pilots as well, but I think Hasbro could manage that in the TVC line.

Reaction score
When it comes to repainted ships, I'm not sure why Hasbro doesn't simply toss them up on Haslab, and take pre-orders, if they have enough - its released. All they'd need to do is some basic concept artwork, not even a full prototype. After what happened with the Hovertank, surely this wouldn't be a retail release, and Hasbro could get paid upfront - problem solved going forward.

Reaction score
I could be wrong since Hasbro does say alot of things, but didn't they actually a couple years ago at a convention say this is a good candidate for release and that R1 may be getting some attention in 2020? I coyld go for a haslab set that incl this and a set of carded figs like Merrick ,(duh), rest of main R1 crew (SA TVC for sure)incl Cassian in imp disquise, and Krennick. 7 or 8 carded figs and Xwing..$225...I'm in.

Reaction score
I love Rogue One. I wouldn't buy this X-Wing but I also think it is a cool idea and support other collectors.

Reaction score
If you guys listen to the QandA, Patrick at Hasbro directly talked about the Merrick petition, and that, "don't forget, the 5th anniversary of RO is next year" :p
In other words, "If we wait another year, we can charge $125 for the X-Wing repaint!"

Reaction score
Man, I can't believe it's been 5 years already! That said, to me that's just another BS line from someone at Hasbro being coy to keep our interest.

TBH, it can't be that difficult to repaint said ship and put a new head on an X-Wing pilot. Yet they want to act like it's difficult task and to remain hopeful.

Reaction score
I'm not too surprised, sure a lot of people probably want Merrick on TVC card. But likely not as many want to pay for an over priced repaint just to get the figure. I know that I'm not interested in paying over $100 for a singe figure, and being stuck with a piece of plastic that possibly no one else wants either. It would be a loss as far as I'm concerned because I've already been down that road, a few times.