Perfect example of repro dangers.

Reaction score
We have been talking about this forever. I have already posted it on the watch out page, however, you would have to be looking for the thread.

Anyway, there is a seller listing the copy cat proto type fett. Yes the one you can buy for 25.00 dollars. However, the seller is a sell it for you member. I'm not too sure they know what they have. This thing has bid past 100 dollars so far, with 6 days to go.

This is why repros are dangerous. It's not owning them that is the bad part. It's where it goes next, and this is the perfect example of it.

heres the link and the original repro to match it up with.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Vin...m=202273720593&_trksid=p2060778.c100290.m3507

Reaction score
I reported this item, but I'm not sure what good that form will be. I also sent a message to the seller.

Reaction score
Dude you high? It’s says custom. That means a copy. A fake. Not real.

Reaction score
Dude you high? It’s says custom. That means a copy. A fake. Not real.
, dude, look at the bid up to price. Look at kenner in the description. Over 100 dollars for a 25 dollar fake. If you type in rocket firing fett, they show up next to each other.

Reaction score
You made two threads about something that is clearly a custom and states in both title and description that it’s a custom only because it is a hundred dollars? Check this guys completed listings on customs. I have a feeling you are going to call the FBI.

Reaction score
It’s certainly misleading to have this in every listing.

“Great shape! These are custom figures made by and painted by one of the original kenner engineers! Some look no different than prototypes that have surfaced.

VINTAGE and VERY RARE!

About this listing:
All of our prototypes have originated from the original Kenner factory in Ohio and sourced by a former engineer/toymaker who requested anonymity. He worked there for over 30 years and amassed over 100 prototypes of varying levels from Art, original molds, Hardcopy, Test shots, unpainted and salesman/production samples. All prototypes in this auction are actually figures he himself designed and engineered or hand painted.”

Reaction score
You made two threads about something that is clearly a custom and states in both title and description that it’s a custom only because it is a hundred dollars? Check this guys completed listings on customs. I have a feeling you are going to call the FBI.
what's your problem buddy.

Reaction score
He’s got a bunch of customs including a slave Leia with the same item description claiming it was made by and painted by an old Kenner engineer. It’s boader line lying, but definitely misleading. Both the Leia and Fett state that they’re “vintage and rare.” Seems like I’ve seen this guys postings before somewhere, maybe on this forum. He’s no different than other bayers selling repro junk and fishing for a sucker. When dealing in the bay you will never find a more rechid hive of scum and villainy. We must be caustious....and read the fine print...

Last edited:
Reaction score
And what is yours tough guy? You said this guy is selling a rocket Fett as real. I pointed out he clearly states in the title and description and photos that it is a custom. Did the listing fool you?

Reaction score
It's a shame is all. The fake one has no misleading titles. It's available in J or L slots, blue or gray. This is clearly the same piece and someone will get stuck over paying. The next time is see something, maybe I will just keep it to myself.

Reaction score
And what is yours tough guy? You said this guy is selling a rocket Fett as real. I pointed out he clearly states in the title and description and photos that it is a custom. Did the listing fool you?
I have been on forums for years and never felt the need to fire back. But you are clearly an A hole. Keyboard bully and a mouth piece. I guarantee if we were in the same room, you would say nothimg.

Reaction score
I agree buyers need to educate themselves before making any purchase. I would think that anyone that would pay 15k plus on a figure would know what they are buying. Real rocket fetts don’t sell in the hundreds. Though I wish they did.

Reaction score
I have been on forums for years and never felt the need to fire back. But you are clearly an A hole. Keyboard bully and a mouth piece. I guarantee if we were in the same room, you would say nothimg.
Ok? Who’s the keyboard bully here? Your getting personal. I’m stating facts. Does that hurt you?

Reaction score
I'm moving on. I read your facts. I get it. We are splitting hairs. Next time, I will just keep it to myself.

Reaction score
Sad part is somebody is going to pay good money believing they got something good. Or someone buying it as a gift to give a family member who is a collector. No way around it. It’s cringy

Reaction score
I think this was a legitimate question. That seller just sold 6 custom rocket firing fetts that went for $5600 and had a lot of bids.

Reaction score
Hummm....don't know how could THAT happen; both auctions said clear: Custom..(even if they also said "vintage")

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hummm....don't know how could THAT happen; both auctions said clear: Custom..(even if they also said "vintage")

Seems like a lot of sellers moved on over the years from clearly marking it "repro" to marking them as "custom". Repro has earned, and rightfully so, a bad name in the trade and sellers think that "custom" doesn't trigger a sour taste to the brain. "Custom" is the new "repro", but that will continue to have a negative connotation associated with it as time goes on. What's next, "improved", "vintage-esque", "original-ish"?

Reaction score
I agree buyers need to educate themselves before making any purchase. I would think that anyone that would pay 15k plus on a figure would know what they are buying. Real rocket fetts don’t sell in the hundreds. Though I wish they did.
This. If you're going to put up some $$, then there's some due diligence on your part...even if it's a gift for someone else. Own your research and avoid the "I was scammed" excuse.

Reaction score
I saw some of that seller's auctions the last round they had from this collection. There was a whole slew of customs and I admit it made me furrow my brow in a disapproving manner, the way the descriptions were worded. A kenner employee owning customs someone else very well may have (did) made being sold in a manner that alludes or allows the buyer to think this might be legit simply because the previous owner worked for kenner is kinda sleazy.

It actually reminds me of something. Maybe ten years ago? Maybe more? I found out that Henry Hill (the actual guy the movie Goodfellas was based on) had an ebay page. On it he sold crappy paintings he did of dead rats (get it?), and sold cufflinks and tie clips and things like that. Stuff that obviously wasn't 'his', but that he got from a flea market or antique mall; thus it became his; therefore you're buying Henry Hill's cufflinks.

All that said, if you're dropping five grand on a handful of rocket firing fett customs because someone alluded to the fact they may or may not have come from Kenner directly, without any providence other than a sentence in an auction on G-D ebay... buyer beware.

Reaction score
The funny part of this is, I never once said the seller listed it as original or real. I just stated a fact of what fakes can do. The seller replied to me with a nasty tone so, yeah, he's going for every dime he can pull. The listing may state custom, however the rest of the listings title is very scetchy and misleading

Reaction score
AHHHH...funny this thread came up as I snatched up one of their (neatstuff) "modern" R2's (well its my focus and all)
When first purchased it was listed as new and never removed from box...thing came and all sides of top tape had been cut; not sure if R2 had been removed or not but based on my check it had been removed - (though carefully)
So check out the before listing description and the after I sent it back description- LOL
Well I was able to get my money back and they probably had to pay over $25 in ebay to and from shipping fees but just goes to show this ebay seller who SELLS A LOT!!! is out to scam!
(P.S. Astromzombie: Taylor Swift wrote a song... it went kinda like..."why you gotta be so mean" think it was about bullies)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Oh yeah, unfortunately this happens a lot. I have had the new in bag deals before. Actually got a sealed sandwich baggie. Well, yeah, it was sealed :D

Reaction score
Oh yeah, unfortunately this happens a lot. I have had the new in bag deals before. Actually got a sealed sandwich baggie. Well, yeah, it was sealed :D
Reminds me of one I bought in a baggie a while back. Top part of the bag was pulled back to make it look “sealed”. Guess what? Yup you got it. Never was listed as sealed, but the pictures were ridiculously misleading.

Last edited:

Tommy_Garvey

Reaction score
My issue is that he's claiming that an ex-employee is the one creating these customs, which doesn't appear to be the case. He's making it seem like these are kitbashed pieces that the employee made, back in the day, while they are in fact modern pieces which appear to have been made by collectors (in some cases, collectors who post on RS). The auctions are misleading, whether they're sold as customs or not.

No one should support artists who do not mark their work as replica if they're creating something which could be confused with an original. It's simply what a responsible artist would do, and if they don't, they're recklessly making it easier for scammers or they are in league with them directly. I have nothing but respect for the incredible artists in this hobby, but there are some bad apples as well. I think the community needs to stress the importance of creating customs responsibly, so that the good artists are encouraged and the bad ones are shown the door.

Tommy