Paying for items

Reaction score
I just wanted to get some opinions/get confirmation on this.

If I was to buy something - say on here from a member, FB marketplace, or wherever, am I paying as "Goods & Services" or "Family Member/Friend?" I ask because years ago I sent money to a seller (forgot which method I selected but I believe it was the one covered under the protection) and the seller made a comment saying how he had to pay a small fee. I believe only one of those options have the buyer protection? I buy a lot of my items off ebay so I'm not up to date on that stuff. Just looking for clarification. Thanks!

Reaction score
I believe the goods and services has the buyer protection. This also charges the seller a fee. The friends/family, you pay the fee and I don't think there's any buyer protection.

Reaction score
I'd recommend going through the "Goods and Services" option, as that brings the buyer protection policy. However, as you stated, that leads to additional fees paid by the seller, which is why most sellers want to use the "Family/Friend" option.
Usually, as a buyer, I tend to add enough to cover the fee, so that the seller doesn't lose money, and I still get buyer protection if anything goes wrong. What helps is of course to have serious feedbacks first, so that both parties can assume the deal is going to be fine.
In most instances, adding 3% is not a deal breaker and everyone is happier that way !

Reaction score
I'd recommend going through the "Goods and Services" option, as that brings the buyer protection policy. However, as you stated, that leads to additional fees paid by the seller, which is why most sellers want to use the "Family/Friend" option.
Usually, as a buyer, I tend to add enough to cover the fee, so that the seller doesn't lose money, and I still get buyer protection if anything goes wrong. What helps is of course to have serious feedbacks first, so that both parties can assume the deal is going to be fine.
In most instances, adding 3% is not a deal breaker and everyone is happier that way !
Yup, I agree with your answer. A pretty effective one.