Parking at Excel?

Reaction score
Hi, I was thinking about doing the drive up and wondered what the parking would be like at the centre, I presume it is a big venue but would it be better taking the train?

Also does anyone know the cost of parking for the day etc, I know some London car parks charge the earth?

Reaction score
Adam.

Parking is about £20 for the day, but has a lot of spaces. The machines now take Cash as well as CARDS. (Visa/debit etc)

-Nick

Reaction score
Thanks Nick, £20 for the day is pretty steep though, I can park for free in Canning town and catch the tube in for £5.20

ODB

Reaction score
Is it really £20 for the day, thats £60 for three days thats extortion

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
That's London baby!

Jeremy

Reaction score
Jeremy said:
That's London baby!

Jeremy
Certainly is. I just phoned Excel for more accurate parking costs, and was told the following... (please sit down before reading)

1 hour is £3.00
2 hours is £6.00
5 hours is £9.00
9 hours is £12.00
24 hours is £21.00

I'm still going though.

-Nick

ODB

Reaction score
Anyone know how much parking is at North Greenwich for a day it used to be £9 a day but that was a while back so its probably gone up. If that fails I might be calling up a few favours from some people.

Reaction score
HI,

I've just registered today so go easy on me if I'm teaching you to suck eggs.

The official website for the event has some useful information on parking/hotels etc...

http://www.celebrationeurope.com/index.htm

I've also just booked up at the Ibis hotel which is nearby. Well, I haven't had confirmation back yet.

Philip

Reaction score
dargorsl said:
Another question about cars, the zone has many traffic or normal?
The Excel centre is near a busy 'A' road which will almost certainly have a lot of traffic especially on the CE weekend.

For those using cars remember the congestion charge if you drive closer to central London. (although I'm unsure how this works exactly)

Also remember Oyster cards are a useful option for much cheaper travel around London.

Tim

Reaction score
Adam_Burges said:
Thanks Nick, £20 for the day is pretty steep though, I can park for free in Canning town and catch the tube in for £5.20
Yes but will your car still be there when you get back

Tim

Reaction score
Yeah it should be fine, plus it has lots of security patrols. I got to admit, it's also the cleanest Car park I've ever seen in London.

-Nick

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, most do. The Novotel, Ibis and Raddison at ExCel West, and the Yacht Hotel and Radisson at ExCel East do, plus the hotel opposite the DLR station has secure parking too. I know for certain that the Novotel charges £12 per night for guests and the aforementioned hotel opposite the DLR charges £10 a night for guests.

Jeremy