Paploo - VC190

GNT

Reaction score
Hasbro will be releasing Paploo in the Vintage Collection, who is interested in purchasing this figure?

Reaction score
I'm interested since I have Wicket. Wouldn't mind having a handful of ewoks.

Reaction score
Booorring...only good Vintage reveal of interest here is the Endor Leia...
They are just doing dumb repacks (faceprint on OLD bodies).
Getting fed up of Hasbro not putting effort into TVC...

Reaction score
This figure looks like the Logray body to me, which a good improvement over the awkward TLC version. I'd be more interested in this figure if the updated speeder bike was being rereleased to go with it, I always loved Paploo's chase as a kid.

Reaction score
This figure looks like the Logray body to me, which a good improvement over the awkward TLC version. I'd be more interested in this figure if the updated speeder bike was being rereleased to go with it, I always loved Paploo's chase as a kid.
thanks for pointing that out. i was writing him off as a repack of a figure i already had, but turns out he's a kitbash. looks like a new cowl, too.

Reaction score
Here’s the comparison Crizbee/JediBiz posted on Instagram
978E95EE-D369-4290-AA4B-9729B9E61E6A.jpeg

Reaction score
Hmm looks like the TVC Lumat head & body repainted. Glad the hood & weapon are new at least - it looks so much different than the version they released in TLC that I'll have to get one. Wish they used this opportunity to repaint the Wokling from years ago, still hard to believe after all these Ewoks, that it was only released once. Hope it goes to retail, I don't want to pre-order anything else on Walmart's website.

Reaction score
Hmm looks like the TVC Lumat head & body repainted. Glad the hood & weapon are new at least - it looks so much different than the version they released in TLC that I'll have to get one. Wish they used this opportunity to repaint the Wokling from years ago, still hard to believe after all these Ewoks, that it was only released once. Hope it goes to retail, I don't want to pre-order anything else on Walmart's website.
I always appreciate when we get a new Ewok figure. I understand the only reason we have so much Ewok variety is because Hasbro was able to reuse certain elements to create new characters, BUUUUUUUT I'm seriously disappointed they reused the same Lumat head sculpt.Even just putting the Legacy version would have been better. Hasbro isn't this lazy with the 6 inch stuff. The Black series Teebo and Lumat don't have the same head.

Reaction score
Okay wow! I thought this was just a reissue but it appears they using the newer Ewok mold, so I may just have to pick one up if I can. Though I'll still be much happier if they ever release the accurate Teebo!

Reaction score
Well teebo is rumored to fill out 0ct wv. Fingers crossed they'll use the angry face instead of the released happy face

It's be nice if pulse took some preorders like they did w/ the Amazon ESB 40th excl..

Reaction score
The new version would work better with the speeder bike than the original. The Logray body is a bit too tall for Paploo. I guess we’re starting to see Ewoks creep back up in size. I wonder if the new accessories and hood can work with the older version?

Reaction score
Oh sweet! I can order two of him, have both cancelled and then get him from Tunghori!
Exactly what I was going to say! You won't get any carded from Walmart, but if you do, it'll just arrive in a plastic bag folded in half from being stuffed into a mailbox. I'll just save myself the time and disappointment and order from Tunghori too.

Reaction score
Well teebo is rumored to fill out 0ct wv. Fingers crossed they'll use the angry face instead of the released happy face

It's be nice if pulse took some preorders like they did w/ the Amazon ESB 40th excl..
I have a bad feeling that the Lumat body/head sculpt will be used for all future Ewok figures 😩

Reaction score
He was also released in POTJ.

Nice to get another original 96 upgrade in TVC! I’ll take 2 👍

Reaction score
New figure for this guy is welcome!
I was just wishing for more Ewoks yesterday.
I just noticed that the card art for this character is wrong, I figure I’d have caught that before.

Last edited:
Reaction score
^ yeah, the card image is Romba, even back in 1984, Kenner used wrong ewok pic. Coincidently, for the tri logo release only (& not the potf/coin release) of Romba they used a pic of Paploo, so i wonder if it's too late for Hasbro to fix paploo image art like they're doing for ROTJ fett.Screenshot_20210130-052247.jpg

Reaction score
Hasbro will be releasing Paploo in the Vintage Collection, who is interested in purchasing this figure?
I'll buy one, of course. Not at all thrilled that this will be a "Walmart exclusive." Dunno how the guy kept the fake smile on his face when he announced that, particularly after addressing the "problems" with "preorders," but never calling out Walmart by name.

Reaction score
I'll buy one, of course. Not at all thrilled that this will be a "Walmart exclusive." Dunno how the guy kept the fake smile on his face when he announced that, particularly after addressing the "problems" with "preorders," but never calling out Walmart by name.
Perhaps, he was using the technical issues his camera had to his advantage. Honestly, I was surprised they even addressed the issues, but in retrospect, not surprised at all especially about not mentioning wm or the specific issues. Likely, a legal reason. But on the other hand, in a way, he did "confirm" it was wm when wm preorders did not go live. I wonder if that's the best Hasbro can do atm is to not allow wm take preorders, after all, they did restrict other sites from opening up preorders before 1pm.

Reaction score
Pass I got him 10 years ago for $7.99 with another Ewok.

Reaction score
People have said that Hasbro has stopped kit-bashing stuff in their high-end TVC line. Well, they have for the most part—but get ready to see more of this kind of thing as they “finish up” the 96.

Regardless, it looks fine. Kit-bash away, Hasbro—if that’s what it’s gonna take to get figures. 😶

Btw, I’m buying one.

Reaction score
Does this mean they'll update Chief Chirpa when it's time to release him carded? I still like the old one but a new body would be nice.

Reaction score
Does this mean they'll update Chief Chirpa when it's time to release him carded? I still like the old one but a new body would be nice.
A new Chirpa is a must. Not only to improve articulation, but because the TSC one was way too tiny. He was barely bigger than a wokling, heh. Exaggerating of course, but the figure was pretty small. Even smaller than TVC Wicket. Don't have him handy to compare, but in this old pic I snapped, you can kinda tell.

CIMG5605.JPG

Last edited:
Reaction score
Chirpa would need a new sculpt for sure - it would be great if they gave him the Wicket treatment and packed his animated hood / cloak as an accessory!!