Palitoy Superman the Movie - 3.75" Christopher Reeve

Reaction score
Here's the finished Chris Reeve Superman 3D model. Very happy with how it's turned out.

I also finally finished the Wonder Woman cardback. This was the toughest of them all - trying to find approrpiately posed / sized images. My wife says that I intentionally struggled with it so I could spend more time looking at Lynda Carter Wonder Woman photos on google. Ha ha.
Here it is - the last back of the last figure card.

Attachments

Reaction score
It would be interesting if you did some card backs of the wonder twins based on the Kenner Superpowers line. I was amazed that Kenner didn’t make figures of the Twins and Gleek could have be a pack in with either one.

Reaction score
Sorry jedimasterc - These are the only 12 I'm doing and at the moment, it looks like I'll be the only one having them as there's not much interest from other collectors wanting them. Oh well.

Reaction score
i think they look great with the Kenner logo. im interested in a set. i wish Keaton Batman had made the cut.

Reaction score
First test print of the Chris Reeve Superman 3D figure. VERY happy with how this is turning out. If there's no interest in these, I'll ask for the thread to be closed but just wanted to show how it's looking.

Attachments

Reaction score
I think what you are doing is interesting, I just do not know what to say. As a graphic designer I appreciate your attention to the details.

Reaction score
These do look great!

Not personally in a position to purchase anything from the UK at present, but love seeing what you are producing all the same, and enjoying the progress / updates.

:)

Last edited:
Reaction score
By popular demand, I've added a "13th" figure to the set. It's the 1989 Batman on a Kenner card. I haven't put this onto a Palitoy card because they had already gone out of business by that date.

Once again, if anyone is interested in any of these cardbacks, shoot me an email:
chris.king2@blueyonder.co.uk

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
Decided to try out a Gotham City matte painting backdrop behind Batman. I'm liking how this looks. What do you think?
It makes a suitably "Burtonesque" dark contrast to the light Superman The Movie card.
That is the dog's boll0cks!

Reaction score
The run of Superman figures has started with the first batch being printed at the moment.

If you want one of these, email me for details at:

chris.king2@blueyonder.co.uk

This will be a VERY limited run.

Thanks,

Chris

Reaction score
I'm closing the list on these. Valuable lesson learned about spending a lot of money on a commission that turned out to be of little interest to anyone except me. Sadly. that means I won't be doing the other characters. At least I've got some nice cards to look at.

Reaction score
Here's my "rough" painted Superman figure (I'm no painter) on my custom Kenner Superman The Movie card alongside a "Smith Lord Creations" Kenner Stormtrooper carded figure. Their figures are professionally made at a factory in China but I'm thrilled to be able to say that my card is every bit as authentic looking and has a neater trimming job and shelf hanger hole punched. LOL.

Attachments

Reaction score
Jim Bowers from www.capedwonder.com just received his figures and cards. In his own words, here's what he had to say about them:

"Hi Chris! Wow! Wow!
Absolutely marvelous!!!!!!
Thanks SO much! What an amazing project!!!!! You deserve a rousing applause!
Your cards are absolutely perfect. I feel like I just opened a package from 1978!!!
"

Reaction score
I'm closing the list on these. Valuable lesson learned about spending a lot of money on a commission that turned out to be of little interest to anyone except me. Sadly. that means I won't be doing the other characters. At least I've got some nice cards to look at.
I think they look great. With a little patients I can see this line doing well. Sure, it may not sell millions of figures but your creativity and effort are apparent.

Reaction score
I used a Robocop 3 image on my first attempt. D'oh!
Here's the corrected version with an image of Weller in the costume from the first movie as well as the completed back.

Attachments

Last edited: