Other collectors in Birmingham Area

Reaction score
The Wal-Mart by the Galleria has a ton of tie bombers and several DC Green Lantern 5 packs.

Reaction score
When I hit Opelika a few nights ago no Guards were left! I will keep an eye out!
Draven

Reaction score
Merry Christmas everybody.
I just got back in town a couple days ago and I haven't found much.I did pick up a couple DCU classics wave 14 figs at the Adamsville WM.Zattanna and Green Lantern.
I did get a pretty good Christmas haul I got SSC Stormtrooper exclusive and a 501st legion trooper.

Reaction score
Found a few cases worth of ROTJ at Phenix City, Al Walmart this evening. They had been opened and shoved into one of the holiday 2-way things in the garden center. I got 2 Gamorrean Guards, Luke w/ peghole and R2.

If someone wanted to army build Wooof, this would have been the place to start. They had 10-12.

Reaction score
Checked out the local WM's to see if they had any left over clearance stuff and they haven't marked down anything.I would like to get a Tie bomber but I don't want to pay full price for it.Anyhow,I did pick up a Kit Fistos jedi starfighter WM exclusive and thats been about it.

Reaction score
Scam of the decade.
So I returned some Christmas items to target and got around 30 in store credit. I had a few figures picked up but then noticed they had the at-at marked down to 79.99. I also had a coupon for 10 off a purchase of 80 or more. The purchase had to be over 80 before tax. So I got an at-at and a pack of gum for around $40. And if you guys an gals don't have this thing yet woww it's amazing. I have a small dog who thought it was another dog in the morning.

Reaction score
DarthRevan17 said:
Checked out the local WM's to see if they had any left over clearance stuff and they haven't marked down anything.I would like to get a Tie bomber but I don't want to pay full price for it.Anyhow,I did pick up a Kit Fistos jedi starfighter WM exclusive and thats been about it.
I agree. I love both the new tie bomber and Jabba. But the price is steep I'll wait til they go down to 19.99 like the at-st's last season

Reaction score
picked up a vintage nine pack at Fultondale Target for 35 bucks.I was looking for the vintage boxed tie fighter or snowspeeder but no luck.

Reaction score
Check your Ross and TJmaxx Gadsden has clone wars Y-wing bombers for $20 I was tempted to get one even though I wasn't really wanting one aside from my gh version.

Does anyone know when the new Space trooper armor is/was supposed to come out or did I never see it because of scalpers?

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up! If anyone spots wave 4 or 5 let me know. These cards are amazing.

Reaction score
Saw the new CW wave of figs at Target tonight. Nothing to special to be honest.

Reaction score
I recently remembered how much fun I had collecting SW figures and thought I'd get back into it. I found this board last night, and was surprised to see a thread about Birmingham, AL.

I live in the St. Clair County area.

Reaction score
welcome aboard!

I live near Auburn. The Alabama section doesn't get posted in very often but I check it about every day.

Keep us posted on your finds and what you're looking for.

I finally found some Wave 5 today at a local Walmart. First time I've seen anything new since before Christmas.

Reaction score
The only one I've gotten since I've gotten back into it is the Darth Vader Empire Strikes Back Vintage.

I saw that and was thinking about all the figures I've got boxed up and grabbed it.

Can't decide if I want to try and hunt down some of the 2010 figures, or just start looking for the 2011 release.

I really want the Boba Fett Vintage though.

Reaction score
You planning to collect them to keep on card or open them?

Also, tracking down most of the 2010's won't be hard to do. Stores still have them hanging on pegs. The others you can get online (even here) fairly cheap.

Reaction score
I used to keep them all in the package, but now I just open them and put them on a shelf.

Takes up a lot less room that way.

Reaction score
I'm an opener myself. Although it seems I open them and stick most of them in a plastic bin. Keep only a select few on display. You should be able to get the ones you need, but can't find in stores, loose for cheap on the forum.

The Boba is not one I run across these days on my hunts though.

Reaction score
Luckily, I'm not a completist and only get the ones I want out of each wave.

But it really bugs me when i can't find one I need.

May be a dumb question, but I noticed some of the figures had the "Mail Away" sticker for Boba Fett. Is that offer still going on, or do you think they're all gone?

Reaction score
Picked up Admiral Ackbar at Target in Trussville.

Didn't think I'd find this one.

Reaction score
Welcome aboard!
I still need to get another UPC code to send away for my Fett.... I thik i want Ackbar but now I can't find one! lol
Draven

Reaction score
Picked up another Endor Capture card Luke today. I have trouble leaving this new Jedi Luke figure on the pegs. Now I have both card variations MOC in cases and two loose (one regular and one Endor'd up).

Sorry to anyone who lives in the area and hasn't gotten him yet but I left him there for 3 days.

Reaction score
My wife called me at work and said she was on the way to Target. She asked if there was anything I wanted if she happened to stop by the "nerd section".

Reaction score
Scored wave 4 finally! Thanks for the heads up Brad!
Im really impressed with Zam. She was all I bought. Want Padme, maybe Anakin, Obi and Jango. Not sure.
Draven

Reaction score
Glad to help. I was shocked to see them there that late in the day. The cards were completely TRASHED though! Glad I open my figures.

Other than maybe army building some Stormies and getting that Fisto figure, I'm all caught up for a while.

Reaction score
yeah, that wave and the mixed wave with Yavin Han and the Stormtrooper and Gree are hitting all at the same time.

AOTC is wave 4 and the mixed wave is wave 5.

Reaction score
Any tips on how to keep Grievous standing without falling over all the time?

Reaction score
I'm going to get some stands, but I noticed he doesn't have holes in his feet.

Keeps falling over.

Reaction score
Yeah, no holes and his hands don't hold his lightsabers for crap.

Cool looking figure though.

Where do you find the Hasbro stands?

Reaction score
Most of the ones I have are from the Saga Collection figures. Each one came with a stand with the name of the character on it. I loved those as a pack-in.

Also, you can buy packs of them directly from Hasbro every once in a while. They are sold out most of the time though.

Reaction score
THanks Wm for raising SW figures again just when I started to enjoy buying a few here and there again.... oh well
Draven