Other 6" Star Wars Lines

Reaction score
Mafex is the absolute worst company I buy from with regard to delays. I don’t think I’ve had a single order appear anywhere near on time. Clearly they can’t make their deadlines so why not just add 6 months onto the release date. Not that it would happen but if they released early there would be a lot less complaints
I've wondered that many times. Either add time to the release date, or skip six months before the next announcement to give their production team time to catch up.

Reaction score
I've wondered that many times. Either add time to the release date, or skip six months before the next announcement to give their production team time to catch up.
Are just reveal the figure once it's ready to ship.

Reaction score
Was in line at Walmart today and spotted those cheapie, less than 5POA figures and picked up the Mandalorian on a whim. He's "a little short for a Mando" and only has swivel waist and swivel shoulders, but he does have a ball jointed neck. The blaster is also molded into the hand, but the cape is removable. I do really like the head sculpt though. Here he is with TBS Beskar Mando:

20210503_174327_resized (2).jpg

20210503_174344_resized (2).jpg

Here is the Beskar Mando with the cape (which I kind of dig) and the head just kind of perched on top of the neck. Not sure if I want to make the effort to make it more permanent, but I kind of like the look:

20210503_174430_resized (2).jpg

Reaction score
Was in line at Walmart today and spotted those cheapie, less than 5POA figures and picked up the Mandalorian on a whim. He's "a little short for a Mando" and only has swivel waist and swivel shoulders, but he does have a ball jointed neck. The blaster is also molded into the hand, but the cape is removable. I do really like the head sculpt though. Here he is with TBS Beskar Mando:

View attachment 385570

View attachment 385571

Here is the Beskar Mando with the cape (which I kind of dig) and the head just kind of perched on top of the neck. Not sure if I want to make the effort to make it more permanent, but I kind of like the look:

View attachment 385572
I like it as well. Nice work.

Reaction score
Was in line at Walmart today and spotted those cheapie, less than 5POA figures and picked up the Mandalorian on a whim.
Could you be a little more specific about the "cheapie" figure? From the pic, that head swap elevated the Hasbro piece significantly... I'm really not a fan of the Hasbro helmet sculpt. I haven't been able to spot this cheap figure on Walmart.com.

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, those "budget" figures have been around for years. Ever since TFA, I believe. They were all over the place in Vancouver B.C. when I lived there.

Reaction score

View attachment 385570

View attachment 385571

View attachment 385572
Looks good. Even with the cheapo head being slightly smaller it still looks better than the warped oval shape of the BS head. Really drives me nuts that they can nail the helmet in literally every other scale but not 6”

Reaction score
Could you be a little more specific about the "cheapie" figure? From the pic, that head swap elevated the Hasbro piece significantly... I'm really not a fan of the Hasbro helmet sculpt. I haven't been able to spot this cheap figure on Walmart.com.
I haven’t seen the new figures yet but also haven’t really been looking. But in my neck of the woods (NY) you can find them easily at Walgreens or Family Dollar. As EmperorPalps said they’ve been making these since TFA came out. Before the Mando wave there’s been Jedi Luke, Han, Vader, 3po, Kanan Jarrus, Phasma, Kylo, Rey, Maul and a few others I’m forgetting. I think they’re a good value for the price and great for custom fodder.

Reaction score

View attachment 385570

View attachment 385571

View attachment 385572
That helmet looks light years better. Convinced me to track one of these cheaper versions.

Reaction score
I have to sadly admit now, that if Bandai doesn't reveal any Star Wars figurarts at the next Tamashii event, it's very likely the franchise is in their SHF deep freezer.

Reaction score
I have to sadly admit now, that if Bandai doesn't reveal any Star Wars figurarts at the next Tamashii event, it's very likely the franchise is in their SHF deep freezer.
The most telling release window will be the first few months of 2022 - since that's when we would expect to see Mandaloria Season 2 figures get released. If they aren't working on new style Boba Fett, Ahsoka and Dark Trooper, they are almost certainly done with Star Wars.

My guess is that they will continue with Star Wars, but probably focusing on the top characters from the new shows.

Reaction score
I'm just really glad I got my complete ANH set (although I do wish we'd gotten a Tarkin).

Reaction score
(although I do wish we'd gotten a Tarkin).
As much as I love SH Figuarts, I can't imagine what they could possibly do to entice me to buy it given Hasbro's excellent version.

If anything, I'd expect a goofy, aesthetic-ruining chest crunch like Dooku.

Reaction score
As much as I love SH Figuarts, I can't imagine what they could possibly do to entice me to buy it given Hasbro's excellent version.

I'm pretty happy with the Hasbro figure too - it's currently on my New Hope shelf with all the great SHF figures (and Hasbro's Rebel Fleet Trooper and Tuskin Raider). I hate Tarkin's hands, but fortunately he poses well with them behind his back.

Reaction score

To be fair Dooku was a years old prototype and not representative of newer designs.

Reaction score
Found and picked up two of those value line Mando's from Walmart.

For those looking, they were in the checkout aisles, on the right side with the cell phone chargers and other impulse buys, found them on the absolute bottom shelf, next to the similar style marvel 'figures.' Almost bought Vader, the Grogu figure is out of whack too large, like the size of a regular figures torso so passed on him.
Haven't swapped the heads yet, but its interesting looking at the figure standing on my desk over there, the 3 or 4 poa aside, the fact there's really no paint apps past the window box aside, it does present quite nice. More so if you consider I mostly display in neutral poses anyway. For $5. Got me questioning my reality as a collector, lol.