Other 6" Star Wars Lines

Reaction score
Just watched a Japanese YouTube review for the Armorer. Looks damn good but what I didn't expect was that she came with a Mando hand to hold the beskar. Pretty cool.

Reaction score
Just watched a Japanese YouTube review for the Armorer. Looks damn good but what I didn't expect was that she came with a Mando hand to hold the beskar. Pretty cool.
Mine arrived on Friday. It's one of the line's better figures. Really well engineered. Here's hoping we will see some Season 2 reveals before too long, and that Bandai will have put the same level of effort into them that they put into the Armorer.

Reaction score
Mine arrived on Friday. It's one of the line's better figures. Really well engineered. Here's hoping we will see some Season 2 reveals before too long, and that Bandai will have put the same level of effort into them that they put into the Armorer.
Mine just arrived. It really is one of their best efforts. Awesome accessories, perfect coloring w/nice washes on areas, the usual stupendous articulation, and the neck is not super short like Mando. Really glad I held off on the BS and just waited for this version. 😍 A+

Reaction score
Nice review but Robo seems just about over SHF. Don’t think he even mentioned the colors and textures being more accurate, instead he complained about lack of paint detail or weathering. He also was annoyed by the added articulation to allow her to kneel on the ground. I agree some things can be over engineered but why complain about that when it doesn’t affect the figure unlike Mando’s blaster rifle attachments which do.

Reaction score
still don't understand why this character warranted a SHF release...
Because Mando is what they’re pushing atm for a plethora of reasons. The Armorer is absolutely warranted and it slaughters the BS so I’m happy. The Armorer was a bad-**** Mando, our main character’s teacher, appears in multiple episode, and seriously put the whoop-**** on some stories.
Now Bo-Katan, Ahsoka, Dark Troopers pleeeeease....

Reaction score
For whatever it’s worth, I wrote Bandai support/custom service a semi scathing email complaining about the lack of new releases. I also strongly voiced the opinion that if they were going to continue with Mandalorian figures well Bo-Katan and Ashoka should absolutely be next. It was five minutes of my day I’m not upset about losing

Reaction score
Nice review but Robo seems just about over SHF. Don’t think he even mentioned the colors and textures being more accurate, instead he complained about lack of paint detail or weathering. He also was annoyed by the added articulation to allow her to kneel on the ground. I agree some things can be over engineered but why complain about that when it doesn’t affect the figure unlike Mando’s blaster rifle attachments which do.
I thought the same thing. The waist does look fiddly, but ultimately pretty forgivable. The knees seem like... a good idea? To each their own, I guess.

Reaction score
For whatever it’s worth, I wrote Bandai support/custom service a semi scathing email complaining about the lack of new releases. I also strongly voiced the opinion that if they were going to continue with Mandalorian figures well Bo-Katan and Ashoka should absolutely be next. It was five minutes of my day I’m not upset about losing
Got their email handy? I wouldn't mind contacting them to let them know I'm enthusiastic about the line. So glad I managed to wrangle in the rest of my wants into my collection last year - the prices are skyrocketing now. And I suppose it's unlikely they will reprint any of them seeing they've gone so cold. I'm still thinking they may have decided not to pursue Star Wars anymore, as I don't believe they've announced any new releases (aside from prototypes) since Hasbro renewed the license. Before that happened they went hard into showing off a big display of prototypes, but then they were still shut out of the US market. After the Hasbro re-up.... silence from Bandai, except for the inevitable release of the few figures they had already announced. Their model kit line hasn't had any updates, either. I suppose there is the possibility that they have completely shifted gears away from movies and into TV, and they are working hard right now to turn around Mando Season 2 figures while trying to get a jump on Book of Boba, Rangers of the New Republic, etc. But who knows.

MAFEX at least still seems a little interested. They have upped their game and reputation since their early SW releases. If their Mando is a commercial and critical success, they might drop a few characters a year.

Reaction score
Got their email handy? I wouldn't mind contacting them to let them know I'm enthusiastic about the line. So glad I managed to wrangle in the rest of my wants into my collection last year - the prices are skyrocketing now. And I suppose it's unlikely they will reprint any of them seeing they've gone so cold. I'm still thinking they may have decided not to pursue Star Wars anymore, as I don't believe they've announced any new releases (aside from prototypes) since Hasbro renewed the license. Before that happened they went hard into showing off a big display of prototypes, but then they were still shut out of the US market. After the Hasbro re-up.... silence from Bandai, except for the inevitable release of the few figures they had already announced. Their model kit line hasn't had any updates, either. I suppose there is the possibility that they have completely shifted gears away from movies and into TV, and they are working hard right now to turn around Mando Season 2 figures while trying to get a jump on Book of Boba, Rangers of the New Republic, etc. But who knows.

MAFEX at least still seems a little interested. They have upped their game and reputation since their early SW releases. If their Mando is a commercial and critical success, they might drop a few characters a year.
It wasn’t a direct email address, of course. I dug around til I found their “support” link and filled that out extensively

Reaction score
I totally get your point RogerRoger but if they’re switching gears to current TV media, where are the prototypes?!? I’ve been collecting this line since day 1 and this is literally the first time I don’t remember a single release being in the pipeline. Sad

Reaction score
Nice review but Robo seems just about over SHF.
I kind of am too.

I legitimately forgot I ordered this and when I started I hearing about the release, the briefest twang of "I wonder if I should have" was replaced by "But the Hasbro version is pretty great".

(then I got my "processing order" from Nipon-Yasaan)

For me, Hasbro has really stepped up their game for the past two years SH Figuarts has become very uneven. Only somewhat uneven on their own, but especially compared to Hasbro.

If this is it for them and Star Wars, it will be unfortunate but I'm not going to be too upset.

Reaction score
I totally get your point RogerRoger but if they’re switching gears to current TV media, where are the prototypes?!? I’ve been collecting this line since day 1 and this is literally the first time I don’t remember a single release being in the pipeline. Sad
I'm not sure. They were slow to release Beskar Mando and Baby Yoda, and slow to release The Heavy and The Armorer. The Armorer hasn't been on screen for about a year and a half. It seems for The Mando at least, Bandai is holding out for final screen accurate character designs, as opposed to pre production artwork to generate their figures. Which does give us more accurate representations than what Hasbro sometimes produces. I'm not sure how much Disney keeps locked up, either - official Grogu merch didn't hit the streets until about 6 months after Season 1 ended. And unlike MAFEX, Bandai unveils their figures relatively close to release, when they must already be in production. Ultimately though, I just don't know the sales figures for SW toys and how much Hasbro is eating into their profits. TROS Rey peg warmed hard in Japan, I bought her for $18 on Amazon Japan, she dropped that low. I even scored Boba Fett for $30, Solo Chewie for $30, Crait Luke for $40. Amazon US even had that 4-pack deal down to like $125 at one point for Old Man Kenobi, Rey, Old Han, and Crait Luke. If they are going forward, they might be playing it very safe with their releases. There might even be more hemming and hawing over non helmet characters - I assume the talent doesn't need to sign off on them anymore, but the figures might fall under more scrutiny. LoL which is all just to say - I hope they are still in the game, and I see why they might still be while moving forward slowly and carefully. If not, our future is BS.

Reaction score
I kind of am too.

I legitimately forgot I ordered this and when I started I hearing about the release, the briefest twang of "I wonder if I should have" was replaced by "But the Hasbro version is pretty great".

(then I got my "processing order" from Nipon-Yasaan)

For me, Hasbro has really stepped up their game for the past two years SH Figuarts has become very uneven. Only somewhat uneven on their own, but especially compared to Hasbro.

If this is it for them and Star Wars, it will be unfortunate but I'm not going to be too upset.
Personally I’d be very sad if Bandai dropped SW. Theses figure are literally what got me to sell all my 3.75” stuff. Forget the early junk that Habro dropped with horrible paint jobs, crossed eyes, etc. Maul, Luke, Han and Chewie, Armorer, Padme, Mace, young OB1, these are Bandai masterpieces.
Personally I collect so that I can have the best, most accurate, definitive version of a particular character for a particular scene that I can find. Bandai hits that mark far far more often than Hasbro. Hasbro can be good especially for the price point but for any Hasbro figure to be truly great it requires tinkering to one extent or another. Just my $.02
PLEASE BANDAI, MORE SH STAR WARS!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Personally I’d be very sad if Bandai dropped SW. These figure literally what got me to sell all my 3.75” stuff. Forget the early junk that Habro dropped with horrible paint jobs, crossed eyes, etc. Maul, Luke, Han and Chewie, Armorer, Padme, Mace, young OB1, these are Bandai masterpieces.
Personally I collect so that I can have the best most accurate definitive version of a particular character for a particular scene that I can find. Bandai hits that mark far far more often than Hasbro. Hasbro can be good especially for the price point but for any Hasbro figure to be truly great it requires tinkering to one extent or another. Just my $.02
I could not agree with this more. Bandai has made it REALLY hard for me to enjoy a lot of the Black Series figures. Once you see what can be made, it's hard to go back. I look at my mixed collection and it's always the SHF and Mafex figures that stand out to me. The BS6 stuff just kind of blends in and other than a handful of figures...just don't do it for me anymore. So, I'm going to part with most of my Hasbro stuff and just focus on mostly SHF/Mafex stuff from here on out. I think the less is more approach will also make this more fun.

And agree with your masterpieces (I don't have the prequel stuff or armorer) but have to add IG-11, Leia, and Old Obi-wan to the list. Love all three.

Reaction score
Personally I’d be very sad if Bandai dropped SW. These figure literally what got me to sell all my 3.75” stuff. Forget the early junk that Habro dropped with horrible paint jobs, crossed eyes, etc. Maul, Luke, Han and Chewie, Armorer, Padme, Mace, young OB1, these are Bandai masterpieces.
Personally I collect so that I can have the best most accurate definitive version of a particular character for a particular scene that I can find. Bandai hits that mark far far more often than Hasbro. Hasbro can be good especially for the price point but for any Hasbro figure to be truly great it requires tinkering to one extent or another. Just my $.02
It would be hard for me to go on collecting Star Wars figures without Bandai or something equivalent. I like a lot of Hasbro figures, but the SHF and occasional MAFEX figures are the centerpieces of my collection.

I don't need every figure to be at that level, but a collection of nothing but Hasbro figures would have the same effect on me as when the 3.75" line switched back to 5 points of articulation.

Reaction score
So my letter to Bandai requesting more SH figs got kicked to a Bluefin email. Copy and pasted away...DC15DBE4-9102-4DBA-86ED-F89DCCE63571.jpeg

Reaction score
I'm thinking about a custom cape... How did you position yours behind the breastplate? Any steps described would be most welcome. Thanks!
Just put some glue under the breastplate and pushed in the cape with a sculpting tool. Easy

Reaction score
Good points. But who knows. Maybe Robo is having a bad day? Hopefully it's not a hint of the usual path of film and game reviewers where most eventually shill out to their better sponsors?

Reaction score
Good points. But who knows. Maybe Robo is having a bad day? Hopefully it's not a hint of the usual path of film and game reviewers where most eventually shill out to their better sponsors?
I think it was two major factors. One he was overly cautious of offending collectors or starting a Hasbro vs Bandai dispute and the other being his impatience with SHF unique engineering. I remember in the past he got attacked on all sides over some opinions. Nowadays, it is more acceptable to say the two companies are closer together and Hasbro has earned that. He became more positive over the review, more relaxed and even by the end said he was enjoying the Armorer figure more as he was reviewing it than initially.

Reaction score
I think it was two major factors. One he was overly cautious of offending collectors or starting a Hasbro vs Bandai dispute and the other being his impatience with SHF unique engineering. I remember in the past he got attacked on all sides over some opinions. Nowadays, it is more acceptable to say the two companies are closer together and Hasbro has earned that. He became more positive over the review, more relaxed and even by the end said he was enjoying the Armorer figure more as he was reviewing it than initially.
He still shouldn't let the opinion of the masses determine his.

But yes, I have noticed lately he's more positive towards Hasbro overall, and I agree with their value at mass retail price versus pointless over engineering, but he also likes dabs of messy washes and slapped dry brushing over a clean finish.

Reaction score
but he also likes dabs of messy washes and slapped dry brushing over a clean finish.
As someone who owns lots of figures from both lines: while I will admit the new Hasbro ROTJ Boba Fett certainly has some flaws, I find its general weathered look superior to the SHF Fett, which looks borderline cartoony in its simplicity. The articulation on the new Hasbro Fett is also better.

Reaction score
BTW, where did the rumour spark from that Bandai might drop SW?
People probably made this assumption because the number of releases has drastically declined since Rise of Skywalker in sharp contrast to Marvel figures which still gets regular announcements.

I doubt Bandai would ever actually make a statement that they're dropping - or have lost - any line. The "Japanese way" is that they just go away silently, never to be mentioned again.

Reaction score
People probably made this assumption because the number of releases has drastically declined since Rise of Skywalker in sharp contrast to Marvel figures which still gets regular announcements.

I doubt Bandai would ever actually make a statement that they're dropping - or have lost - any line. The "Japanese way" is that they just go away silently, never to be mentioned again.
Like a ninja in the night!

Reaction score

Fair enough. But Marvel's films still carry momentum to both kids and adults globally. It's free marketing gold. Everybody still wants a Ironman figure... even Ironman underwear and socks. While Fin, Rey along with Poe didn't leave much of lasting impression to carry the PT and OT into the new decade.

SHF gave us a Mando bunch as it's marketed by series, so I think Bandai will only pay it safe with there's a film or series to release to punt the sale of SW figures?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Fair enough. But Marvel's films still carry momentum to both kids and adults globally. It's free marketing gold. Everybody still wants a Ironman figure... even Ironman underwear and socks. While Fin, Rey along with Poe didn't leave much of lasting impression to carry the PT and OT into the new decade.

SHF gave us a Mando bunch as it's marketed by series, so I think Bandai will only pay it safe with there's a film or series to release to punt the sale of SW figures?
Indeed. I loved the sequels, but they were obviously controversial and I'm not sure how much merch they moved vs what was expected. Hasbro also renewed their license in 2020. After that announcement, Bandai stopped showing off new prototypes - though, granted, it was a COVID year, and a lot of big events were canceled - but all I remember is seeing Mando stuff on display when they did events. That and their samurai line. I think after it was clear Hasbro would still exclude them from the US market, Bandai did a cost risk analysis and decided to only follow through on what they had already started serious production on, but that's still speculation.

It's hard to compare Star Wars to other brands like Marvel, or like DBZ. I've heard SW is especially expensive, but who knows. I don't hear Marvel Legends being compared to Figuarts in the same way Black Series almost always is. If it were up to Bandai, I'm sure they'd sell their Star Wars figures in every Barnes and Noble in the USA. They'd make more money, and it would lower the cost for the consumer. Instead they have to rely on their Japanese customers and international customers that will pay sometimes as much as an entire BS figure just to get the thing shipped. The MCU seems like a better horse to bet on right now. There are just so many more films out there, and more announced in the pipeline. And each film refers back to the other ones in very intrinsic ways, making them relevant again. Wanda/Vision gets people to watch Age of Ultron. Falcon/Winter Soldier refers you to Civil War at the end of each episode. It's great marketing. Meanwhile Lucasfilm has done the opposite - they announced a while back that they are slowing down their cinematic releases. When they come back, we don't know if the new characters those films will introduce will be buzz worthy or iconic - certainly not in the way that the X-Men and Fantastic 4 make audiences feel that the best may be yet to come. Only in November 2020, long after Hasbro renewed their license, did Lucasfilm give a firm announcement of what to expect, and it's just far far less than what the MCU lineup looks like.

It is possible they are holding onto the line with a "lets wait and see what winds up a hit" before they produce more figures that will peg warm. Or they might have silently let it go. The only upside is that my wallet gets to breath a little bit for now :)

Reaction score
Indeed. I loved the sequels, but they were obviously controversial and I'm not sure how much merch they moved vs what was expected. Hasbro also renewed their license in 2020. After that announcement, Bandai stopped showing off new prototypes - though, granted, it was a COVID year, and a lot of big events were canceled - but all I remember is seeing Mando stuff on display when they did events. That and their samurai line. I think after it was clear Hasbro would still exclude them from the US market, Bandai did a cost risk analysis and decided to only follow through on what they had already started serious production on, but that's still speculation.

It's hard to compare Star Wars to other brands like Marvel, or like DBZ. I've heard SW is especially expensive, but who knows. I don't hear Marvel Legends being compared to Figuarts in the same way Black Series almost always is. If it were up to Bandai, I'm sure they'd sell their Star Wars figures in every Barnes and Noble in the USA. They'd make more money, and it would lower the cost for the consumer. Instead they have to rely on their Japanese customers and international customers that will pay sometimes as much as an entire BS figure just to get the thing shipped. The MCU seems like a better horse to bet on right now. There are just so many more films out there, and more announced in the pipeline. And each film refers back to the other ones in very intrinsic ways, making them relevant again. Wanda/Vision gets people to watch Age of Ultron. Falcon/Winter Soldier refers you to Civil War at the end of each episode. It's great marketing. Meanwhile Lucasfilm has done the opposite - they announced a while back that they are slowing down their cinematic releases. When they come back, we don't know if the new characters those films will introduce will be buzz worthy or iconic - certainly not in the way that the X-Men and Fantastic 4 make audiences feel that the best may be yet to come. Only in November 2020, long after Hasbro renewed their license, did Lucasfilm give a firm announcement of what to expect, and it's just far far less than what the MCU lineup looks like.

It is possible they are holding onto the line with a "lets wait and see what winds up a hit" before they produce more figures that will peg warm. Or they might have silently let it go. The only upside is that my wallet gets to breath a little bit for now :)
Undoubtedly Bandai is held back by whatever deal Hasbro has blocking them outside of Japan.

Presently Tamashii online stores are a global thing that constantly sell out figures of 120.00 to 300.00 Euro plus. I'm following their Euro site (based in France) and see them sell stuff like hot pancakes on a Sunday morning. But, those selling licenses also have their own diehard following that doesn't have a cheaper alternative to complete with like TBS. That's another point to consider.

So there's possibly many more factors. And as you said, Covid changed everyone's plans. Only recently Bandai is beginning to get off the ground some of it's other projects intended for early last year.

For certain, if Tamashii doesn't make any figures for the The Book of Boba, then we can assume the license is no longer in their foreseeable plans.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Presently Tamashii online stores are a global thing that constantly sell out figures of 120.00 to 300.00 Euro plus. I'm following their Euro site (based in France) and see them sell stuff like hot pancakes on a Sunday morning. But, those selling licenses also have their own diehard following that doesn't have a cheaper alternative to complete with like TBS. That's another point to consider.

For certain, if Tamashii doesn't make any figures for the The Book of Boba, then we can assume the license is longer in their foreseeable plans.
Their USA site doesn't even have evidence that they ever made Star Wars figures, except for their movie realization line. If you sort by S.H. Figuarts and Star Wars you get no products. If you search Star Wars you only get movie realization. I can't even really get to their Japanese site without it redirecting me to a global thing and then the USA. If I do some Google-Fu I can wind up at their Japanese site's Star Wars page, but that's even really hard to find.

Right now they have a pop up shop in NYC. They are selling several MCU figures there, alongside the normal Gundams, DBZ, etc - but the only Star Wars is the samurai stuff. Not even model kits. Makes me think MCU might not even be as exclusive anymore.

I agree about Book of Boba. Hoping for some surprises in 2021!

Reaction score
Their USA site doesn't even have evidence that they ever made Star Wars figures, except for their movie realization line. If you sort by S.H. Figuarts and Star Wars you get no products. If you search Star Wars you only get movie realization. I can't even really get to their Japanese site without it redirecting me to a global thing and then the USA. If I do some Google-Fu I can wind up at their Japanese site's Star Wars page, but that's even really hard to find.

Right now they have a pop up shop in NYC. They are selling several MCU figures there, alongside the normal Gundams, DBZ, etc - but the only Star Wars is the samurai stuff. Not even model kits. Makes me think MCU might not even be as exclusive anymore.

I agree about Book of Boba. Hoping for some surprises in 2021!
Same here in Europe. Only Bandai SW is the Samurai re-envisioning.

However, we can get all the marvel figures.

Reaction score
That's a reasonable conclusion. It's not like Star Wars hasn't been profitable for Bandai, but not being able to officially sell their Star Wars figures in the US is a big barrier for them, considering that a huge percentage of the franchise's fans are from there.

I don't hear Marvel Legends being compared to Figuarts in the same way Black Series almost always is.
IMO, ML had always been a step above The Black Series in terms of quality. Although both lines do have the same issues (stuck joints, and sometimes poor face paint apps), Marvel Legends was at least 2 to 3 years ahead. So when SHF started doing MCU characters, the disparity in quality wasn't as wide as with TBS. Take the face-scan tech for example. ML used it ahead of TBS for at least a year (by my estimates), and even before that ML figures usually had competent face paint apps at least.

If it were up to Bandai, I'm sure they'd sell their Star Wars figures in every Barnes and Noble in the USA. They'd make more money, and it would lower the cost for the consumer. Instead they have to rely on their Japanese customers and international customers that will pay sometimes as much as an entire BS figure just to get the thing shipped.
You hit the jackpot right there. For someone like me from the Philippines, it's not much of an issue since shipping costs between Manila and Japan aren't as big as they would say Tokyo and California. But I would assume that one state in the US has much more Star Wars fans than our capital region, so Bandai is losing out on a very huge market by not having their SHF Star Wars sold officially.