Other 6" Star Wars Lines

Reaction score
Oh my word. This is the last time I order anything with DHL.

So, they just told me, 45.00 Euros is their service fee, on top of their 30.00 Euros shipping that I paid, and will have to pay 11.90 Euros for the custom fees. Options are:
- I agree to pay
- They send it back to the shipper with no way to trace it and will not accept any responsibility
- Dump it for whatever unknown reason to the airport 7 hours away from the one it is now, and write it off as abandoned package

OH, and clock is ticking. Decide by tomorrow or they will be charge me 9.00 Euro for everyday they keep it.

This is madness. Pretty much they're holding my order hostage unless I agree to their ransom, or they'll dispose it!
That's outrageous a handling fee :(

Reaction score
That's outrageous a handling fee :(
It's insane. As pre-covid, it was cheaper shipping via EMS, which went to my post-office for collection and only paid 24% import duties. Now suddenly as DHL has taken over for all major Japanese imports, they slap a extra fee of 45 Euros on top of their shipping and duties.

It's Mafia.

Reaction score
It's insane. As pre-covid, it was cheaper shipping via EMS, which went to my post-office for collection and only paid 24% import duties. Now suddenly as DHL has taken over for all major Japanese imports, they slap a extra fee of 45 Euros on top of their shipping and duties.

It's Mafia.
Maybe if enough people complain to the seller and there's a noticeable loss of sales to Europe, they might add a different shipping option.

Reaction score
@Batman, that is OUTRAGEOUS. Probably the worst case of postal blackmail I’ve ever heard. Nippon Yassan jacked me up big time for UPS last year so since then I’ve been using DHL for my Japanese imports. For me in the US it’s a)only slightly more than the next level of ridiculously overpriced shipping and b)it’s crazy quick. Every package has gotten to me in less than a week, usually 3-4 business days. But if I were in your shoes I’d be friggin furious. You should def call their customer service and write them a scathing email. Unfortunately though it sounds like your only option at the moment is to cough up a bunch of money. My sympathies 😡

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here's hlj reply. Obviously a generic template.

"Thank you for your email.

Please understand that we do not have any say over customs fees, nor the fees DHL incurs to handle these expenses. If you are unsure, you can always research ahead of time by contacting your custom's office or DHL Greece for more details on your country's import tax law before shipping with them, otherwise the responsibility falls on you as an individual.

If your package is returned to us, our shipping team will be in contact with you once it has arrived at our warehouse.

We appreciate your understanding on this matter, and wish you a good day."

Which is wrong on their end too in my view, because when I clicked buy on their site with the only shipping method available, it said shipping 30 euros, not 30 euros plus another 45 Euros for final consignment.

Last edited:
Reaction score
And here's HLJ next reply after I asked about refund.

"Thank you for your reply.

If your package is returned to us, we can provide the following options:

1. The item(s) in your order can be returned to stock, and we will issue a refund of their merchandise cost (shipping costs cannot be refunded) to you. The refund can be issued to your original payment method, or to your HLJ account as store credit which will be applied to your next transaction with us.
  2. Alternatively, we can return the item(s) to your Private Warehouse for you to arrange reshipping. The reshipping fee will be your responsibility.
Please be aware that our Terms & Conditions state the following:
"The cost of shipping will never be compensated in the case of a package returned to us by the post office as undeliverable or unclaimed, or a package refused by the addressee for any reason."

As also stated in our Terms & Conditions, if your package has incurred freight charges for its return to us, please note that you are responsible for reimbursing us for those charges.

I hope this helps clarifies things, and thank you for your understanding."

Reaction score
So my options are 2.

A) I pay DHL the ransom fees of 45 Euros.

B) I tell DHL to return it to HLJ and hope it doesn't get lost, and get refunded minus the 30 euros of shipping.

This is ridiculous. And extremely disappointing.

Reaction score
So my options are 2.

B) I tell DHL to return it to HLJ and hope it doesn't get lost, and get refunded minus the 30 euros of shipping.

Have you tried calling them out publicly on Twitter? That can work sometimes.

Reaction score
Tha
So my options are 2.

That’s terrible! It seems like there’s no win situation. I think if I was in your shoes I would just pay the ransom fee and never use DHL again. If HLJ doesn’t get the package back they won’t refund you right? And you said DHL could deem the package abandoned. You could end up in a third worse case scenario it seems - no figure and no refund. If it goes back to HLJ you will have to wait at least a week and then have to keep emailing HLJ for a refund. It seems like a lot of work to me.

Reaction score
So, the outcome...

DHL only (finally) willing to guarantee that HLJ will get the package so I get my refund. Which I got in writing.

Took this option, as there's no ways DHL will get a single cent from me as they remained firm on their ransom stance.

Tha

That’s terrible! It seems like there’s no win situation. I think if I was in your shoes I would just pay the ransom fee and never use DHL again. If HLJ doesn’t get the package back they won’t refund you right? And you said DHL could deem the package abandoned. You could end up in a third worse case scenario it seems - no figure and no refund. If it goes back to HLJ you will have to wait at least a week and then have to keep emailing HLJ for a refund. It seems like a lot of work to me.
I know, but I'll rather wait a week or two for my refund, then to sponsor mafia tactics.

Have you tried calling them out publicly on Twitter? That can work sometimes.
I've contemplated this a lot. What holds me back is a clause in my contract, where if I in any way have a go at any brand on social media, they can fire me as my persona represents the company I work for. I know. Lets just leave it at no comment.

Still, HLJ also isn't transparent. If they put a table of DHL's 'service' fees for each country alongside the shipping cost, people would think twice to buy from them presently till they reinstate other shipping methods. And they hide behind their T&C's where it states it's a customer responsibility to do their homework before buying.

If HLJ had listed "Hey, shipping to Greece is 30 Euros and you will pay another 45 Euros to DHL upon delivery plus import duties." ... well then, I would have said no thanks, I won't waste anyone's time.

And this is what frustrates me the most. No one will compensate my time.

Instead HLJ quietly ride a collector's emotions to give in upon delivery and pay.

Lesson learnt. Moving on. And found other online stores in Europe for future buys.

Thanks to everyone for hearing me out, and hope you can take something out of it for your future orders.

Reaction score
So, the outcome...

DHL only (finally) willing to guarantee that HLJ will get the package so I get my refund. Which I got in writing.

Took this option, as there's no ways DHL will get a single cent from me as they remained firm on their ransom stance.

I know, but I'll rather wait a week or two for my refund, then to sponsor mafia tactics.

I've contemplated this a lot. What holds me back is a clause in my contract, where if I in any way have a go at any brand on social media, they can fire me as my persona represents the company I work for. I know. Lets just leave it at no comment.

Still, HLJ also isn't transparent. If they put a table of DHL's 'service' fees for each country alongside the shipping cost, people would think twice to buy from them presently till they reinstate other shipping methods. And they hide behind their T&C's where it states it's a customer responsibility to do their homework before buying.

If HLJ had listed "Hey, shipping to Greece is 30 Euros and you will pay another 45 Euros to DHL upon delivery plus import duties." ... well then, I would have said no thanks, I won't waste anyone's time.

And this is what frustrates me the most. No one will compensate my time.

Instead HLJ quietly ride a collector's emotions to give in upon delivery and pay.

Lesson learnt. Moving on. And found other online stores in Europe for future buys.

Thanks to everyone for hearing me out, and hope you can take something out of it for your future orders.
At least with hot toys DHL "only" add €80/$100 for import etc., here in Europe ...

Reaction score
At least with hot toys DHL "only" add €80/$100 for import etc., here in Europe ...
So when it arrives, you pay that much for just handling fees to DHL for a single Hot toys? Or that includes the percentage of tax (import duties)?

Reaction score
So when it arrives, you pay that much for just handling fees to DHL for a single Hot toys? Or that includes the percentage of tax (import duties)?
I have only bought 1 HT figure so far, but the fee (import tax) was about that, yes.
But I kind of expected something along that, because that's what we are used to from the national postal service. Import taxes, if they handle them.
Nevertheless it is steep!! and certainly makes me consider seriously which figures I should be getting more of from HT. They are expensive enough as it is.

I did check what the price is, if I buy from European sellers/retailers and it amounts to exactly the same as buying from Sideshow with DHL as parcel service.

So in that regard, there is no win. No advantage in any way.
Unless a courier of sorts would be going back and forth and bringing them along.

Reaction score
I have only bought 1 HT figure so far, but the fee (import tax) was about that, yes.
But I kind of expected something along that, because that's what we are used to from the national postal service. Import taxes, if they handle them.
Nevertheless it is steep!! and certainly makes me consider seriously which figures I should be getting more of from HT. They are expensive enough as it is.

I did check what the price is, if I buy from European sellers/retailers and it amounts to exactly the same as buying from Sideshow with DHL as parcel service.

So in that regard, there is no win. No advantage in any way.
Unless a courier of sorts would be going back and forth and bringing them along.
That import tax is what's always put me off ordering from outside of Europe as if your package gets flagged, the extra hit in taxes outweighs any savings you might have had.

Reaction score
The import tax is generally a net percentage of the items value across. Here in Greece it's 24%. If it arrived via EMS, it would have gone to the local post office, and paid that 24% plus 5 euros handling fees (which is actually like signing the receipt of the paid tax). But to do it on your own, expect to spend half a day at customs in long queues to get a document stamped, as they give preference to the large shipments heading to the post office or courier offloads.

The issue here is not the import tax, it's DHL slamming this ridiculous 45 euros for handling fees, and 65 for items above 150 (here in Greece).

It's like what my wife said to me. DHL shipping was always 75. But to get me to pay 45 of it, they mislead me with the price from Japan to our airport of 30. From the airport to home, is where they collect the rest.

Coz

Reaction score
OUTSTANDING!!! Seriously one of the best I’ve seen. Love the scratch work! You should pick up a cape from gpslot on eBay to seal the deal.
Thank you! I have the black series cape and the cape that came with the kit. I'll have to check out gpslot. Those are also black series sabers. I need to paint up the ones that came with the kit. The kit blades are considerably bigger and the colors seem a bit too flashy. But I'll see how they look after I paint the handles.

Reaction score
Reaction score
So, a quick update on my HLJ / DHL handling fees fiasco.

Earlier in the week, HLJ confirmed to have gotten back my package, and asked what I want them to do with it, underlining if I do not reply within 30 days, I'll be given non-refundable store credit.

I presented my case for a full refund, and they haven't replied since. Sent 5 emails since, and zero. :(

Reaction score
Reaction score
Got an email from Nin-Nin in the wee hours last night. Package en route. Must be the Armorer. Only thing I’m waiting on other than Mafex Mando

Reaction score
Got an email from Nin-Nin in the wee hours last night. Package en route. Must be the Armorer. Only thing I’m waiting on other than Mafex Mando
I got my notice from Okini Land too. In a few days it will arrive, and I will officially have zero Figuarts Star Wars figures on pre-order - first time in years.

Reaction score
I got my notice from Okini Land too. In a few days it will arrive, and I will officially have zero Figuarts Star Wars figures on pre-order - first time in years.
I know, it’s a sad state of affairs. Hopefully they announce another figure soon. As great as the BS Bo-Katan is I’d love a Bandai version. And an Ahsoka...

Reaction score
Just paid MyKombini for the Armorer shipping.

Only preorder I have left now is SHF Hulk classic pants version.

Reaction score
I know, it’s a sad state of affairs. Hopefully they announce another figure soon.
One of the problems right now is that Star Wars isn't as hot a property anymore in Japan as it used to be. I'm sure they'll release new figures, but it's going to be some wait between them.

Reaction score
Has anyone used the Air Mail option from CD Japan lately? Its 1-2 weeks, but only $11 compared to $25 for DHL. No tracking or insurance included though.

Reaction score
Didn’t get email from Nin-nin, the Armorer is paid in full. Maybe they are mad I cancelled the Heavy Mando from them.

It says preparing in order detail and I put in private warehouse so I still have to pay shipping. Wonder how much shipping will cost.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I ordered IG-11 from Nippon-Yasan.

In June or July, whenever the Emperor set was available, they emailed me that my usual shipping method didn't work and let me change it to DHL. While I didn't like the extra expense, it's covid times, I get it.

But for IG-11, they would never respond for any messages about the order when they announced the had it ready in October. I reached out to them several times and not a word back. I was finally notified it was shipped via Ferry in November.

And that's the story about how I received IG-11 in March.

Reaction score
The Armorer just arrived today from Nin-nin-game. They've done some new articulation with the feet, instead of being on hinge they're connected to the bottom of the legs with a small peg and ball joint like you see in head articulation. They've got a much larger range of movement while not breaking up the sculpt of the boot.

Reaction score
DHL tried to deliver mine but could not since I was not home (even though I specified contactless NO SIGNATURE delivery).
Another DHL FU, they suck...
Monday I should get mine, excited to see this Armorer, the BS one has some good articulation, so would like to get the SHF in the kneeling pose...

Still available in stock at NinNin Game, for anyone looking to grab her....

Last edited: