Other 6" Star Wars Lines

Reaction score
Just because some sites are sold out of the Emperor, he will continue to be available. They leave pre-orders for exclusives open for months sometimes, so they have specific numbers to manufacture. It's why there's usually no pay-later option for exclusives on most sites. There will be several sites where he will continue to be available, albeit at a slightly higher price.

Reaction score
The height of the emperor compared to the height of the ERGs is bugging me.

Reaction score
The height of the emperor compared to the height of the ERGs is bugging me.
I think it's mostly cause of his posture. They have him sort of standing straight up instead of hunched over. That said, doesn't bother me as he'll be seated on the throne room set on my shelf with an ERG on either side. Can't wait.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Japanese toymakers can be pretty shady with their promo pics. Notice how they've taken care to use foreshortening to make it look like the guards are in the background?

I think they're gonna be short. I think they really are undersized and Bandai is pulling a fast one, and when people complain, they'll just say "What? Look at the solicits...it was there all along!"

The BS Royal Guard is an outstanding figure. May be worth picking up extras now, cause I have a feeling these are gonna be some stumpy salt shakers that leave a lot of fans angry.

I just got the SHF Death Star II display last week, and I gotta say, it's awfully tempting to get this Emperor and put him in front of the window. But I'll need another BS Guard if I do, cause I don't think these are gonna cut it.

Reaction score
Japanese toymakers can be pretty shady with their promo pics. Notice how they've taken care to use foreshortening to make it look like the guards are in the background?

I think they're gonna be short. I think they really are undersized and Bandai is pulling a fast one, and when people complain, they'll just say "What? Look at the solicits...it was there all along!"

The BS Royal Guard is an outstanding figure. May be worth picking up extras now, cause I have a feeling these are gonna be some stumpy salt shakers that leave a lot of fans angry.

I just got the SHF Death Star II display last week, and I gotta say, it's awfully tempting to get this Emperor and put him in front of the window. But I'll need another BS Guard if I do, cause I don't think these are gonna cut it.
Japanese companies aren’t any more ‘shady’ than American companies like Hasbro, where the pre-production figures look great and the end result looks like a turd. If anything, the solicited pictures always look much closer to the end product than other non-Japanese companies.

If you think the BS Guard is an outstanding figure then good for you. But if that’s your gold standard in action figures, then I’m not sure what you’re doing wasting money on SHFiguarts.

Reaction score
Hey we all have different opinions, but surely you're not going to try to convince me that the two solid lumps of plastic included with the SHF Emperor are "better" than a fully articulated and painted figure with cloth goods?

The sculpt on the helmet doesn't even look good. I can see being satisfied with them if you look at them as extra accessories in an Emperor and throne set....but I'd still rather have the BS figure.

I love some of the SHF stuff a lot. But I'm not blind to the fact that sometimes the cheaper figure is just flat out better. Boba Fett and Dooku come to mind.

Reaction score
I suppose we all have different priorities - for me, ‘better’ means ‘better aesthetically’ first and foremost. I love articulation as much as the next man, but looks come first - it is what attracts me to SHF most of all. The superior articulation (superior compared to Hasbro) comes second to aesthetics. It is not more important and it is not even AS important. It is important sure, but if I have to choose between something that looks good on the shelf and in the pictures I take, and something that sacrifices those looks for the sake of articulation, then I will choose the former every single time. It is the reason I don’t own the BS Guards, and the reason I don’t own Palpatine. They just look terrible. I own various BS figures and used to be a completist for the first five or so waves, and while I still like to buy the odd one every now and then (quality seems to be slipping once again, with many of the recent offerings decidedly sub-par), they still look cheap next to my Figuarts. The Death Star guards look cheap, the officers look cheap and even Tarkin looks cheap compared to figures like Han and Luke. It’s something I can’t unsee, like I wouldn’t be able to unsee an outfit cobbled together from Prada jacket and Walmart pants. Pretty sure my dad wouldn’t tell the difference there either, but just because you can’t see the difference it doesn’t mean it’s not there.

Reaction score
Pretty sure my dad wouldn’t tell the difference there either, but just because you can’t see the difference it doesn’t mean it’s not there.
Hey. Pal. I tried being nice, so please don't be such a ****.

I know more about toys than your dad.

You think I don't know the difference between a $20 figure and a $70 figure? You think I'm some kind of "tourist?" I've been collecting these things non-stop since the first wave of POTF hit in 1995. Don't talk down to me.

Like I said...some SHF figures are amazing works of art. Some of them flat out suck. Maybe if you got off your high horse you'd see that being charged more doesn't always mean you're getting the better figure.

Reaction score
Lol. I wasn’t talking down on you but yes, it always sounds brusquer online than you mean it in reality.

It’s just that before the Japanese figures set a good standard for Star Wars figures, many collectors’ point of reference where the aesthetically god-awful POTF toys and whatever else there used to be back in the 90s. Terrible figures with sub-par articulation, sub-par paint apps and below sub-par likenesses.

I know many longtime collectors don’t like hearing this, but the reason why so many terrible Black Series figures used to be so well-received even by reviewers was that the bar was historically set so low.

I used to watch reviews of Anakin Skywalker or Bespin Luke and scratch my head at people saying the likeness was good. And it’s not as other mainstream companies weren’t even knocking it out of the park even back then. Neca was producing some amazing figures around this time (thinking of their Predator Arnie). But as I said, the standard was always extremely low for Star Wars collectors, heh.

Reaction score
I just found the Rebel Scum "ignore" button.

F5

aaaaaaand it works!

Reaction score
So I finally got around to opening my SHF Stormtrooper this evening. He is REALLY nice. Buuut, side by side with the model kit Stormtrooper, for the money I think the model kit wins. Certainly no buyers remorse, as its nice to have one, but if you can scrounge up 2.5 model kits for the price of the SHF figure it'll swell the ranks just as presentably and quite a bit cheaper.

Reaction score
Jesus christ, what happened?

Can somebody not have a differing POV? I don't agree with Boilingbroke about the Emperor's Royal Guard figure, but it's only his opinion.

Reaction score
His opinion is fine.

His being a rude condescending ***** over and over is not. I came here to talk about toys, not be personally insulted by a stranger.

Reaction score
How touchy. No wonder the world thinks toy collectors are immature, stunted man-children.

Being called a condescinding **** is a personal insult. I’m not sure how what I’ve said above can be seen as a personal insult towards this ... little child.

Reaction score
And by the way mods, would you kindly delete my account? I can’t seem to do it from my end.

Reaction score
It's disappointing to see bitterness on here of all places. Relax guys, there is no need to argue over anything at all.

Reaction score
ANYWAYS

I for one am excited for the Figuarts Knights of Ren!! What agitates me, however; is that only five of the six were revealed; unless I've somehow overlooked my favorite of the bunch.

Reaction score
ANYWAYS

I for one am excited for the Figuarts Knights of Ren!! What agitates me, however; is that only five of the six were revealed; unless I've somehow overlooked my favorite of the bunch.
I doubt we will get them all anyway - unless they turn out to be incredible in the movie. Bandai isn't likely to release all 5 (or 6) at once, so unless they plan on making the Knights of Ren their only Star Wars releases over a months long stretch, they would need to be spread out over multiple years. And unless they're the charactes are akin to the bounty hunters in TESB in the eyes of the fans, interest will erode before Bandai makes them all.

Honestly, I'm hoping to get even one.

Reaction score
I doubt we will get them all anyway - unless they turn out to be incredible in the movie. Bandai isn't likely to release all 5 (or 6) at once, so unless they plan on making the Knights of Ren their only Star Wars releases over a months long stretch, they would need to be spread out over multiple years. And unless they're the charactes are akin to the bounty hunters in TESB in the eyes of the fans, interest will erode before Bandai makes them all.

Honestly, I'm hoping to get even one.
It is true. It really seems that they are waiting for EP9 to be released and the reaction of the audience to determine if it is worth making 5/6 Knights of Ren. I think that collectors who have not enjoyed EP7 and EP8 too much, can do so with EP9, but not enough to buy the figures.
Personally, I don't like KOR designs, considering they are an important part of the story. They seem too generic, secondary and random. They are not visually attractive and I find them a bit unlikely designs.
For me, the only somewhat attractive designs in the sequel trilogy are the Stormtroopers, Kylo Ren, Phasma, Rey and BB-8, and all of them have already been repeatedly exploited as figures.

Reaction score
To me the KoR all feel like they were early unused concept art designs for Kylo.
In all honesty there probably were elements of Kylo concept that became KOR. To me, and what I like, is that the designs seem very Old Republic, like world of 1000 different sith era. But overall I dig em. In the same way as the multi Praetorians and skittles clones and stormies Do I need all of em? Absolutely not. Especially not for $60. One or two is cool with me. I just hope they have some cool screen action and don't just get disassembled by Rey in 5 min.

Reaction score
To me the KoR all feel like they were early unused concept art designs for Kylo.
If you have the Art of The Force Awakens, then you know it doesn't just feel like that - there are aspects of unused Kylo concepts in their costumes. But I don't know why that's a bad thing. Just because a helmet wasn't right for Kylo, doesn't mean it was a poor design. And since Kylo is the leader of the Knights of Ren, it makes sense that they would share an aesthetic quality.

Reaction score
It's a damn shame we won't be getting an angry or shouting head with Rey this time. It's a great expression and one she looks like she'll be sporting even more in TRoS.

Reaction score
After closely examining the Mandalorian pictures...

I noticed it's very likely there is no molded neck, but just the ball joint shaft wrapped in cloth... :sick:

Reaction score
Wow Kylo has a cleaner or more silver lightsaber this time. If you notice in the packaging he has his usual gunmetal/almost black hilt and a more silver looking one.

Reaction score
It's a damn shame we won't be getting an angry or shouting head with Rey this time. It's a great expression and one she looks like she'll be sporting even more in TRoS.
Especially after we had a great shouting expression for the TLJ Rey.

Reaction score
After closely examining the Mandalorian pictures...

I noticed it's very likely there is no molded neck, but just the ball joint shaft wrapped in cloth... :sick:
After closely examining the Mandalorian pictures... Kylo Ren