Other 6" Star Wars Lines

Reaction score
HELP! The new Vader is great. But the right hip joint on mine is super tight. It can move out sideways, but that might actually be the extender movement and not the ball joint. When moved forward or backwards it made terrible creaking sound. Any tips on how to loosen that joint. The other leg moves smoothly.
This is what I use for tight plastic joints. Just a tiny bit does the job. This isn't where I bought it from. It's just the first site that popped up when I googled it.

Reaction score
This is what I use for tight plastic joints. Just a tiny bit does the job. This isn't where I bought it from. It's just the first site that popped up when I googled it.
Thanks! I'll pick up a tube.

I looked online and saw the DIY method of dish soap applied with a tooth pick as an option. I tried it last night and it got the joint moving. This morning it's completely fluid while still holding positions.

Actual grease seems like a more permanent solution, so I'll give it a try for next time.

Another questions about the new SHF Return of the Jedi Darth Vader. Is it possible to remove the lower cape and belt with out damaging the figure? There are pegs holding them in place to the hips. I can't tell if they are also glued. Didn't want to force anything.

Reaction score
When is the next event that will showcase Star Wars SH Figuarts figures??
We know that Bandai will have a display at the Tokyo Comic Con, and that they will have some Avengers figures there. We can assume they will have some Star Wars, but it could be anything from just the figures that have release dates already to never before seen prototypes. That show is Nov 21-24.

Reaction score
We know that Bandai will have a display at the Tokyo Comic Con, and that they will have some Avengers figures there. We can assume they will have some Star Wars, but it could be anything from just the figures that have release dates already to never before seen prototypes. That show is Nov 21-24.
Thanks. Hopefully we’ll see more figures after Ep IX is released as well

Reaction score
Mandalorian hope.

Reaction score
Just watched the pilot of Mandalorian and without hyperbole it was the best SW since ROTJ.

Wondering now if I should hold off trying to track down a BS figure and see if SHF is gonna announce one....they HAVE to, right??

Reaction score
Wondering now if I should hold off trying to track down a BS figure and see if SHF is gonna announce one....they HAVE to, right??
"Have to" and "will" depends on Disney and the show's popularity in Japan. Which, I think it will be a hit there considering their love for live-action sci-fi series...

But, I'm also holding off the Black series version in hopes of a Figuarts...

Only Black series I've kept are the first Boba and white Boba... The rest I flogged after replacing them with Figuarts.

Reaction score
They seem to do what they want so who knows. It would be nice if they do a Mandalorian but honestly the Black Series one is great. Articulation on the SHF would be better though.

Reaction score
honestly the Black Series one is great. Articulation on the SHF would be better though.
From the reviews I've seen, no doubt about it versus the price. But the helmet on profile and the way it slightly narrows towards the bottom, isn't accurate which is disappointing considering they have 3D scanning at their disposal.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The helmet is crucial. Not exaggerating to say it was the most important element of the show. That blank helmet with those sleek lines....that's his FACE. His enigmatic, poker face, that is full of danger and malice and menace, and yet compassion, somehow, in some scenes.

Man....I'm still reeling at how good this show was...this must be what people felt like when Twin Peaks premiered.

Reaction score
But the helmet on profile and the way it slightly narrows towards the bottom, isn't accurate which is disappointing considering they have 3D scanning at their disposal.
The helmet is crucial. Not exaggerating to say it was the most important element of the show. That blank helmet with those sleek lines....that's his FACE. His enigmatic, poker face, that is full of danger and malice and menace, and yet compassion, somehow, in some scenes.
I can definitely understand what you guys are saying. I guess it's one of those things that should bother me but doesn't for some reason.

Reaction score
I can definitely understand what you guys are saying. I guess it's one of those things that should bother me but doesn't for some reason.
I use to be like that when I started collecting in the 90's... but with the technology at hand of all this toy companies these days, I now expect the basics to be mostly accurate compared to the source material.

I forgive articulation and paint application when it's on par to price or overall package, but I expect them to be 99% spot on when sculpting helmets.

Reaction score
ROTJ Vader has the perfect helmet in the scale. I’m very impressed, the cape is horrible however. Bring on the Mando, it’s helmeted and extremely popular which is the dream fig of SHF.

Reaction score
Received the new Vader and a pair of new Stormtroopers today. I have to say, seeing as most of us already own multiple Vaders, I wasn't excited for this release. But I expected to be pleased given that I really like the ANH version they released. To my own surprise, I really don't like this RotJ version. Articulation, especially in the arms is really disappointing and the cape is almost as awful as the Dooku one. They should have used the cape from their ANH version as it was a bit different. This one has two thick crappy wires which I removed for a less rigid and more natural look. I like the sheer number of different hands (even if they are too glossy) and the other accessories. I'm well and truly done with any Darth Vader figure now. I own too many and never want to see a new one again. :LOL:

The new Stormtroopers are neat and blend in well with my Rogue One Stormtroopers. Let's bring on the Sandtroopers, Snowtroopers and Scout Troopers (without the bike) now please.

Reaction score
Snowtroopers and Scout Troopers (without the bike) now please.
Totally down for Snowtroopers. (Very likely with the ESB anniversary a few months away.)

I'm keen for new sculpts of Scout both with and without speeder bike, and include the sniper rifle as per the lore.

Reaction score
My correct (ROTJ) Vader arrived today. I do like the figure quite a bit; albeit I'm not sure we needed quite THIS many hands, haha. The cape is definitely the weak link. I might try removing the wires...

Reaction score
I don't know what got into me.

I went on a SHF buying spree.

It started with the reissue of Jedi Luke, and I gotta be honest......I still don't love it. I know a lot of people have been praising it for years, but the other Lukes are so much better in my opinion.

Today the Stormtrooper and Vader arrived. I was already prepared with Vader, based on reviews....immediately took the stock cape off and put the original BS Vader cape on. It doesn't sit perfectly, but it's already better than the stock cape.

Stormtrooper is great. I remember being blown away by the BS Stormtrooper when it came out, but this thing makes that one look like a bootleg. Helmet is amazing. The only thing I don't like is the way the shoulder pauldrons are attached. Same with Vader's. They move around too much.

My only criticism of these toys is that they're very much like model kits and more delicate than Hasbro's toys, which obviously have to pass more safety tests and are sturdier as a result. But the SHF stuff looks much better; there's no denying that.

And to complete my spending insanity I went ahead and picked up the Death Star display base that originally came with the first Vader release. It's much bigger than I was expecting, so that's nice! But really, buyer's remorse hit pretty hard cause it's just a few cheap pieces of plastic snapped together. Oh well....Vader and Luke are gonna look cool on it.

Reaction score
And to complete my spending insanity I went ahead and picked up the Death Star display base that originally came with the first Vader release. It's much bigger than I was expecting, so that's nice! But really, buyer's remorse hit pretty hard cause it's just a few cheap pieces of plastic snapped together. Oh well....Vader and Luke are gonna look cool on it.
You've gotta get the new Emperor for on there too!

Look at it this way, as far as Death Star displays for 1:12 figures... its pretty much the only game in town, and even if it is just a couple pieces of plastic snapped together... they're really NICE LOOKING pieces of plastic. Once its set up I'm sure that remorse will fade away into the background. (y)

Reaction score
Yeah I got Luke and Vader clashing on it and I gotta admit....it looks nice!

Way back in the POTF2 days there was a little window that came with the Deluxe Emperor. I had that one and this is basically the same thing, but nicer and bigger!

Damn it...now I'm gonna buy that new Throne set aren't I?

I thought I was out of this mindless SW spending years ago....but they just keep sucking me back in!!

(Oh, and I still have this one in a box somewhere, but come on, it's been 20 years and it's 6 inch now...gonna look much better!)

Reaction score
You've gotta get the new Emperor for on there too!

Look at it this way, as far as Death Star displays for 1:12 figures... its pretty much the only game in town, and even if it is just a couple pieces of plastic snapped together... they're really NICE LOOKING pieces of plastic. Once its set up I'm sure that remorse will fade away into the background. (y)
Agreed, I was so excited to get the Death Star stair/window set. I got it for $38 and change brand new from Mandarake. I currently have two royal guards, the new Vader and ROTJ Luke on it. I can't wait for them to sell the Emperor!

Reaction score
I got the SHF diorama in a trade, and it really is pretty great despite how simple it is.

Reaction score
If Bandai doesn't put out a Mandalorian figure either through SHF or as a model kit they are idiots. That is all.

Reaction score
I see other Japanese brands like Maxfactory and Banpresto having mini events over the weekend showcasing items for next year...

Will Bandai do something similar this week?

Reaction score
I see other Japanese brands like Maxfactory and Banpresto having mini events over the weekend showcasing items for next year...

Will Bandai do something similar this week?
There's Tokyo Comic Con coming up soon which Bandai will be at, Bandai already did their Tamashi Nations event a couple weeks ago but they didn't show any Star Wars figuarts we hadn't already seen.

Reaction score
There's Tokyo Comic Con coming up soon which Bandai will be at, Bandai already did their Tamashi Nations event a couple weeks ago but they didn't show any Star Wars figuarts we hadn't already seen.
Cheers for the feedback...

I'm just so itching for a Mando Figuarts and that ESB Luke...

Reaction score
Right my bad, I was picturing him as soon as he got out of the X-wing on Dagobah with his flight suit, etc.
Fair enough. For me Dagobah Luke with sleeveless, sweaty with Yoda on his back.

But, if I had a choice of a ESB version, it would be Hoth Luke, hands down.

Reaction score
Apparently you never owned the "Dagobah Landing Luke."

Hoth Luke had gloves on and the thermal cap under his helmet and no holster for his blaster.

Dagobah Landing Luke had no gloves, just his messy hair under his helmet, and his holster and blaster attached to his belt. It's a small difference, and it's only onscreen briefly, but I like that look.

The prototype SHF showed off is kind of inbetween. He's got the blaster and the hair, but he's also wearing the gloves. Either way? I want it. We all want it!

Anyone ever catch when he's putting his flight suit on before the battle of Hoth, that he has his full Bespin gear on under it? That's a lot of layers. Tank top...Bespin jacket....flight suit coveralls....then the thick orange outer jacket. Probably comfortable on Hoth, but man, must have been miserable in the swamp.

Can you imagine how bad Luke must have smelled by the time he got to Bespin?

Reaction score
ended up ordering the sh figuarts stromie (ep IV). have them all, and all them are a tad off one way or another; hoping this one hits the illusive sweet spot
I had many doubts, but once I have it in my hands, I can say that it is the best Stormtrooper at 1:12 scale that has been done so far. It looks spectacular and looks really like a miniature trooper.
Even so, it has a serious problem in my opinion; It is extremely difficult to get used to the articulation system, they are very hard and you always have the feeling that you are going to break something or that you are damaging the paint with the rubbing of the pieces. I have the feeling that I don't enjoy the figure, but I suffer to not break it.
That said and knowing that it will take years to have a new version from any other line, I recommend buying it without hesitation.

Reaction score
I contemplated the new stormie for a while... but the flash edges on the armour and ultra skinny elbows (No reason for either), stopped me many times from clicking "Order".

Last edited:
Reaction score
I contemplated the new stormie for a while... but the flash edges on the armour and ultra skinny elbows (No reason for either), stopped me many times from clicking "Order".
Flash edges I can live with, the skinny elbows are the real detractor for me. Still, if I line up all the OT Stormtroopers, he's the winner if only by default.