Other 6" Star Wars Lines

Reaction score
^ MY stormtrooper arrived the other day. I missed Vader the first time around but CDJ just offered a few more for order. I have this now en route along with ANH Leia!

Reaction score
The finally got Vader mostly right. Very pleased with this figure and it's exceeded my expectations. The helmet finally looks and feels right and the body is more proportionally correct. My only complaints are the cape, which is too short and thick so it's not easy to manipulate and look right, and the lightsaber which is wrong for ESB/ROTJ.

I ended up removing the wires from his cape, and that helped, but I'm still going to use a little TopStick to get it drape over his shoulders how I want. Can't do much about the length.

Reaction score
The finally got Vader mostly right. Very pleased with this figure and it's exceeded my expectations. The helmet finally looks and feels right and the body is more proportionally correct. My only complaints are the cape, which is too short and thick so it's not easy to manipulate and look right, and the lightsaber which is wrong for ESB/ROTJ.

I ended up removing the wires from his cape, and that helped, but I'm still going to use a little TopStick to get it drape over his shoulders how I want. Can't do much about the length.
Great idea - I will try!

Reaction score
Looks like this year's Tamashii Nations Star Wars display was limited to the 5 unreleased figures that are already available to order. No new prototypes, or even returning prototypes. So far nothing announced or shown for a 2020 release - which is too bad, I was hoping (though not expecting) the more frequent release schedule would carry over into next year.

For anyone that wants to see it the display the video is here: http://youtu.be/zaVDwgHjdeE?t=557

Reaction score
Looks like this year's Tamashii Nations Star Wars display was limited to the 5 unreleased figures that are already available to order. No new prototypes, or even returning prototypes. So far nothing announced or shown for a 2020 release - which is too bad, I was hoping (though not expecting) the more frequent release schedule would carry over into next year.

For anyone that wants to see it the display the video is here: http://youtu.be/zaVDwgHjdeE?t=557

Wow that stinks. I was at least hoping for Figuarts Zero Emperor and ERGs. No Marvel stuff either. The good news is all those prototypes look great. Crait Luke looks waaaay better than promo pics, Han is the best Harrison likeness EVER, and the ROS figs look awesome. That’s looking to be my definitive Rey when it arrives.

Reaction score
Wow that stinks. I was at least hoping for Figuarts Zero Emperor and ERGs. No Marvel stuff either. The good news is all those prototypes look great. Crait Luke looks waaaay better than promo pics, Han is the best Harrison likeness EVER, and the ROS figs look awesome. That’s looking to be my definitive Rey when it arrives.
There are Marvel prototypes for Rescue and new versions of Captain America, Iron Mand and Iron Spider. They were in a no photography area, with a sign that said full reveal at Tokyo Comic-Con next month. maybe we will get some Star Wars reveals then too.

Reaction score
There are Marvel prototypes for Rescue and new versions of Captain America, Iron Mand and Iron Spider. They were in a no photography area, with a sign that said full reveal at Tokyo Comic-Con next month. maybe we will get some Star Wars reveals then too.
One of the most spectacularly underwhelming Tns in recent memory. Even with thhe other stuff I collect, it was mostly reissues and repaints. But they did say the emphasis this year was going to be on robots and the various robot lines, so ...

Reaction score
For anyone interested - I took a couple quick shots of the new SHF Vader with a cape borrowed from the Black Series Walgreens Exclusive Emperor's Wrath Vader. I like it better than the included cape with the wires. The SHF Cape is a tad short, while the Black Series one is a bit long - it's really just a matter of preference.

I really am impressed with this figure. When I got the MAFEX Rogue One Vader I thought that would be my last Vader, and I was really happy with it. But this one is a big step up in my opinion. One of my top 5 Star Wars figures from any line.

Reaction score
This newest Vader is looking pretty good. I've always felt the helmet is the key thing to get right and this is the best anyone has done since the model kit.

Reaction score
I'd buy the new SHF Vader if it didn't have plastic inner robes. Sure, they look more streamlined and aesthetically pleasing than soft goods, but it looks like they limit the figure's leg articulation to some great extent.

Reaction score
I was tempted by the stormtrooper, but that weird flash edge on the armour bits put me off. Why did Bandai add it?

Reaction score
I was tempted by the stormtrooper, but that weird flash edge on the armour bits put me off. Why did Bandai add it?
Yes, that is a real shame. The problem is that those edges were already shown in the promotional photos and I did not realize when doing the preorder. Now I have 2 Stormtrooper on the way and I am already thinking of selling them. The continuous missed opportunities of making a definitive version on some SH Figuarts start to bother me.

Reaction score
Yes, that is a real shame. The problem is that those edges were already shown in the promotional photos and I did not realize when doing the preorder. Now I have 2 Stormtrooper on the way and I am already thinking of selling them. The continuous missed opportunities of making a definitive version on some SH Figuarts start to bother me.
I honestly don’t notice them in-hand. If anything, they contribute to the overall definition or sharpness of the armor.

Reaction score
I usually don't focus on "that thing not screen accurated", but this time I really don't understand this.

Reaction score
About Nin-Nin

Did anyone of you buy the new SH Figuarts Darth Vader and Stormtrooper in Nin-Nin? I paid my figures months ago and they have not yet been shipped.
I have asked them several times the reason for the delay, since the official launch was on October 19, but their response is always the same: "in the next few days

Reaction score
About Nin-Nin

Did anyone of you buy the new SH Figuarts Darth Vader and Stormtrooper in Nin-Nin? I paid my figures months ago and they have not yet been shipped.
I have asked them several times the reason for the delay, since the official launch was on October 19, but their response is always the same: "in the next few days

I did not but I've stayed away from Nin-Nin ever since I ordered Padme with them back in 2017 and then they cancelled on everyone.

Reaction score
For those interested.
TBS Luke Jedi vest on SH Figuarts Luke Jedi, plus a custom Rickhoor cloak.

Reaction score
About Nin-Nin

I didn't buy Vader and Stormtrooper from Nin-NIn either, and also got screwed by them back in 2017. They only sent me 1 of 2 Anakin Special Editions I ordered, then canceled both my Padme's.
I have never pre-ordered from them again, but have ordered things that they have in-stock already. With that proviso, I haven't been disappointed since.

Reaction score
For those that have the new SHF Vader, is the chest armor a separate (or somewhat separate) piece that if I had a soft goods inner robe it could at least be tucked up underneath?

Reaction score
About Nin-Nin

I got my Yoda through Nin-Nin-Game and iirc it took them awhile to ship it.

Reaction score
I usually order from Amazon japan since prices are reasonable and they ship fast.

Right now, the thing I'm wondering is that they have ROTJ Vader and ANH Stormtroopers in stock (as well as other retailers) but they don't ship to the U.S. I had no issues with Boba, Leia, Luke or any of the upcoming releases. It's just these 2 characters, which is a huge bummer.

Reaction score
I usually order from Amazon japan since prices are reasonable and they ship fast.

Right now, the thing I'm wondering is that they have ROTJ Vader and ANH Stormtroopers in stock (as well as other retailers) but they don't ship to the U.S. I had no issues with Boba, Leia, Luke or any of the upcoming releases. It's just these 2 characters, which is a huge bummer.
I ordered them from Hobby Link Japan Friday evening, iirc. If I'm reading the tracking info correctly they're in the US already; but I'm a fan of embarrassingly expensive fast shipping options, lol. They still came out cheaper (each) than 'in-hand' US ebay prices.

Reaction score
I really like the new ANH Stormtrooper, but has anyone discussed how the T-21 blaster appears to be designed after the historical WWII weapon and not the Star Wars-ized blaster? They did the same thing with the DLT-19 in the Rogue One stormtrooper release. It's really weird. Does Lucasfilm force them to license the weapon designs separately or something?

Reaction score
Hah, so my order arrived. The new Stormtrooper is great; as is my ANH Vader. ANH Vader. :unsure:
I desperately logged into my HLJ account, hoping it was an error on their end. Nope. I bought. The wrong. Vader. lol.
If anyone's interested, mint in sealed box! ;)

ROTJ Vader order has been placed (and I had a 20% off coupon, so that's something).

There's a lesson to be learned about attention to detail. My MTI's would be so disappointed in me.

Reaction score
HELP! The new Vader is great. But the right hip joint on mine is super tight. It can move out sideways, but that might actually be the extender movement and not the ball joint. When moved forward or backwards it made terrible creaking sound. Any tips on how to loosen that joint. The other leg moves smoothly.