Other 6" Star Wars Lines

Reaction score
Almost everytime I log on Facebook I get an ad for an app called Wish.
They advertise figures (SH Figuarts for example) at ridiculously low prices so I assume they are knockoffs.
Anyone ever gotten brave and tried this?
If this is a taboo topic, my apologies.
I've never bought a ko (not knocking those who have), I was just trying to find out if these may be legit.
Prices say no way, but I read a lot of reviews and some sound like they could be damaged/returned legit figs.
For example, a ton of reviews for a sh figuarts Joker almost all claimed damaged boxes (granted this is most likely from cheapskate shipping) but of same reviews around 70 percent claimed a left hand/foot (can't recall which) was loose in the box...almost like a bad batch. Then again, could be a bad batch of ko's.
Anyway, thanks for any info.

Reaction score
Man that Vader looks good. I wish the anh Vader looked that good, but his helmet is super weird.

Reaction score
Almost everytime I log on Facebook I get an ad for an app called Wish.
They advertise figures (SH Figuarts for example) at ridiculously low prices so I assume they are knockoffs.
Anyone ever gotten brave and tried this?
If this is a taboo topic, my apologies.
I've never bought a ko (not knocking those who have), I was just trying to find out if these may be legit.
Prices say no way, but I read a lot of reviews and some sound like they could be damaged/returned legit figs.
For example, a ton of reviews for a sh figuarts Joker almost all claimed damaged boxes (granted this is most likely from cheapskate shipping) but of same reviews around 70 percent claimed a left hand/foot (can't recall which) was loose in the box...almost like a bad batch. Then again, could be a bad batch of ko's.
Anyway, thanks for any info.
Off ebay, mostly on a lark I've tried the KO SHF ROTJ Luke and Darth Maul. Luke's body was ok, but his face paint was abysmal. I had stripped his face with the intention of giving repainting it a go, but had a move in there and never got around to it. Now with the BS version coming out, its well on the back burner. I do have full intention of giving TBS Luke the KO's lightsaber as I'm sure it'll be better quality.
Maul was a real POS. The face paint is again not very good, the black paint on the body is glom-y looking, and his left arm just falls apart at all the joints if you look at it weird.
So both are basically custom fodder. lol.

One other thing, I did try the KO 1000toys Hellboy figure, and the quality of THAT was awesome for the price.

Reaction score
So still no word on Figuarts or Mafex Mandalorian... this wait... painful.

Reaction score
So still no word on Figuarts or Mafex Mandalorian... this wait... painful.
I’m not holding my breath for it but Mafex would make a KILLER Mandalorian. They’re best work is their helmeted trooper type and their Bobas are unbeatable. I don’t really see Figuarts picking up anything from the show but I’d love to be proven wrong. It’s a no-brainer for a money maker

Reaction score
Wouldn’t hold my breath about MAFEX announcing ANYTHING Star Wars related - their last reveal was ages ago, they seem to have gone the way of Revoltech.

Reaction score
As much as I would like to get a SHF Mandalorian, I would be surprised to see it before the show's second season. But if the show is a big success we will probably get one eventually. I'm really interested to see what kind of Star Wars display Bandai puts up at the next show (which is next weekend? I think). I really want to see which of the figures they first showed last year make return appearances, and if we see any new prototypes.

Reaction score
Off ebay, mostly on a lark I've tried the KO SHF ROTJ Luke and Darth Maul. Luke's body was ok, but his face paint was abysmal. I had stripped his face with the intention of giving repainting it a go, but had a move in there and never got around to it. Now with the BS version coming out, its well on the back burner. I do have full intention of giving TBS Luke the KO's lightsaber as I'm sure it'll be better quality.
Maul was a real POS. The face paint is again not very good, the black paint on the body is glom-y looking, and his left arm just falls apart at all the joints if you look at it weird.
So both are basically custom fodder. lol.

One other thing, I did try the KO 1000toys Hellboy figure, and the quality of THAT was awesome for the price.
Thanks Darth
That's about what I figured...thought figures in armor might be worth a shot, I can't paint faces but anything else I could repaint.
Still, if it's a gamble on joints and limbs will probably pass on even trying.
Thanks again

Reaction score
Thanks Darth
That's about what I figured...thought figures in armor might be worth a shot, I can't paint faces but anything else I could repaint.
Still, if it's a gamble on joints and limbs will probably pass on even trying.
Thanks again
I'm not terribly confident with faces either, hence my procrastinating so long on repainting the SHF Luke that a Black Series Jedi Luke actually came out in the interim, lol.

While I haven't delved into it very far, there are tricks to tighten up 'fall-apart' joints. You can coat the pegs in clear nail polish, I did that with a MAFEX Stormtrooper and it worked well. I've also heard of but not tried that you can heat up the peg with a lighter and press it on something hard to get a little more of a mushroom to the end, to get a little more friction in the socket. I might try it on the KO Maul, and use that body to display the alternate head from my authentic SHF Maul.

Reaction score
As much as I would like to get a SHF Mandalorian, I would be surprised to see it before the show's second season. But if the show is a big success we will probably get one eventually. I'm really interested to see what kind of Star Wars display Bandai puts up at the next show (which is next weekend? I think). I really want to see which of the figures they first showed last year make return appearances, and if we see any new prototypes.
I only collect the saga films figures because I want a complete or close to roster. If Bandai just releases the Mandalorian and none of the villains or companions I might pass on it.

I can feel the Emperor and Grievous coming next year. I know Bandai rarely follows any kind of patterns, but they have cranked out the Revenge of the Sith line pretty consecutively. I hope they do that for Empire Strikes Back one day, lol.

Coz

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with CDJapan? My Vader and Stormies shipped. I used the cheapo shipping and it says it can take up to 12 weeks. I don't mind waiting, but if you have done the same, how long did it take for you?

Reaction score
I've used CDJapan before and their shipping estimates are about right IIRC. It's been a while since the last time I used them so it's hard to remember exactly, but I don't recall getting it late or anything. I'm in the south eastern US and in general stuff shipping using the slow method from Japan takes anywhere from 4-8 weeks sometimes. Sometimes it's due to delays because it could sit in the customs office an extra amount of days. It happens on occasion for me.

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with CDJapan? My Vader and Stormies shipped. I used the cheapo shipping and it says it can take up to 12 weeks. I don't mind waiting, but if you have done the same, how long did it take for you?
I pretty much order exclusively from them. They usually arrive in 2 weeks.

Reaction score
I’m really hopeful for ESB Pilot Luke and a Bespin Luke release next year. I’d like them to redo a Jedi Luke, maybe an exclusive that covers all the bases from ROTJ since Hasbro doesn’t want to do it, but I can wait on something like that. Really loved that Pilot Luke.

Reaction score
I built the new Bandai R4-M9 over the weekend. This is my 11th kit and I've never been so disappointed with the stickers. The body looks good, but the stickers for the head are intended to fold over, overlap a bit, and butt up against each other, and they are too thick. They do not allow any texture to show through like some of the thinner, more delicate stickers in the past did. It just looks bad.

This is one of those kits that are going to have to be painted to look right. Now, for customizers, it's a great kit, as the "naked" droid is off-white!

Reaction score
I’m really hopeful for ESB Pilot Luke and a Bespin Luke release next year. I’d like them to redo a Jedi Luke, maybe an exclusive that covers all the bases from ROTJ since Hasbro doesn’t want to do it, but I can wait on something like that. Really loved that Pilot Luke.
Bespin Luke is my number 1 want from Bandai - but I'll gladly take the Snow Speeder Pilot they showed last year. I just need a high quality Like to anchor my Empire shelf.

I'm also hoping there are reusable parts from Old Han so that Bandai gets to Bespin Han sooner than later.

It's past time that Empire got some love.

Reaction score
Bespin Luke is my number 1 want from Bandai - but I'll gladly take the Snow Speeder Pilot they showed last year. I just need a high quality Like to anchor my Empire shelf.
I'm also hoping there are reusable parts from Old Han so that Bandai gets to Bespin Han sooner than later.
It's past time that Empire got some love.
Bespin Luke is also my No.1, probably because it was always my favourite Kenner figure. Hasbro ended up doing it several times and I always picked them up, their last VOTC one was great. I'm hoping that with next year being its 40th anniversary, ESB is next up as it's the only film that hasn't had anything specific (ie, a character or appearance exclusive to it). I think the Mafex ESB Boba Fett is the only thing anyone has done so far.

The Pilot Luke and Yoda cannot come soon enough.

Reaction score
I built the new Bandai R4-M9 over the weekend. This is my 11th kit and I've never been so disappointed with the stickers. The body looks good, but the stickers for the head are intended to fold over, overlap a bit, and butt up against each other, and they are too thick. They do not allow any texture to show through like some of the thinner, more delicate stickers in the past did. It just looks bad.

This is one of those kits that are going to have to be painted to look right. Now, for customizers, it's a great kit, as the "naked" droid is off-white!
As much as Bandai is known for the high quality of their model kits, doing away with waterslide decals just baffles me.
I would much rather them raise the price of kits a few dollars and include them. In my humble opinion stickers are just garbage (even the high quality ones). This is really putting me off on getting their kits and that is really disheartening.
A couple of days ago I started to pick up another 1/144 X-Wing/Y-Wing pack to do alternate paint jobs and thought to look at the box details and even that kit is strictly stickers now...which led me to putting it back on the shelf.
I know you can get aftermarket waterslides... but I was grabbing this to kill a Saturday afternoon, not order decals and build it next week.

Reaction score
Inspired by TK1981's collage, I thought it'd be fun to see a collage of all the SH Figuarts that have been exhibited but not yet released. These 42 figures are mostly grouped by Episodes, except for the droids at the bottom since it doesn't really matter to me what movie they came from:

Reaction score
Got my Luke reissue and Darth Vader and Stormtrooper figures. All of them are great. Luke is much sturdier than the last release. That one was apparently a part of a defective batch, where the wrist joints were really brittle. My only beef with Vader is that damn traffic cone.

Reaction score
Does the Vader head included with Luke fit on the new Vader? I think it was compatable with the A New Hope SHF Vader.

Reaction score
Inspired by TK1981's collage, I thought it'd be fun to see a collage of all the SH Figuarts that have been exhibited but not yet released. These 42 figures are mostly grouped by Episodes, except for the droids at the bottom since it doesn't really matter to me what movie they came from:

Does anyone see an image?

Reaction score
Let's break it down for fun!

New Sculpts:

Queen Amidala
Jar Jar
Super Battle Droid
Jawa
Dagobah Luke
Jabba
Emperor
Royal Guard
Wicket
Solo Patrol Trooper
Han in Carbonite
General Grievous
Jakku Rey
Resistance Rey

Simple Repaints:

Battle Droids
Clone Troopers
R2 units
Dagobah R2-D2
AOTC Threepio
TC-14
ESB Boba Fett

Minor additions or swappable parts:

Maul - add cloak
Jedi Luke - add cloak
Han in Stormtrooper disguise - ANH Stormtrooper body, ANH Han head
Luke in Stormtrooper disguise - ANH Stormtrooper body, ANH Luke head
R5-D4 - R2 body, new head sculpt
FN-2187 - First Order Stormtrooper body, new head sculpt
Sandtrooper - ANH Stormtrooper body, add pauldron and backpack

If they're sticking with their recent trend of 10-11 figures plus the 40th anniversary of Empire I think 2020 will at least bring:

Empire Boba Fett
Dagobah Luke
Dagobah R2-D2
Dagobah Yoda

Maybe a couple of months of ZeroArts no articulation with:

Emperor
Royal Guard
Han in Carbonite
Queen Amidala

My wish list of must-haves:

Emperor
Royal Guard
Dagobah Luke
R5-D4
Wicket

If they at least release those 5 figures you'll never again hear me complain about them showing figures but not releasing them :awesome:

Reaction score
These just arrived. I was pretty optimistic about them, but they both still managed to exceed my expectations. Great additions to the collection.

Reaction score
These just arrived. I was pretty optimistic about them, but they both still managed to exceed my expectations. Great additions to the collection.
Nice! Mine arrive today but since I'm at work I know they'll go back to the post office so I'll have to pick them up tomorrow morning.

Reaction score
Great pic, BigBay! Mine are still on their way from CD Japan. They both look fantastic, but if I had a critique for both, it would be that the stormtrooper should have had white ankles, and Vader's skirt piece should have been soft goods as well. Oh well. Still can't wait to get these.

Reaction score

Great pic. The more I see that Vader the more I wanna put him up against my RO Vader. The a Trooper looks fantastic too. I preordered one with NY and missed the payment request so they cancelled it. But with Rey n Kylo coming next month I’m gonna hold off to save a few bucks