Other 6" Star Wars Lines

Reaction score
Considering I thought the Hasbro version looked terrible in pics, I don't think I can truly judge the others based on just pics. But if I did I would choose Hasbro. It is much more well proportioned and even though it might not have as much range of motion the joints look much better. I am not a fan of the visible ball joints and big gaps.

Reaction score
Where I think Bandai might shine is with the droids. The price point of the kits and the addition of at least one droid Hasbro has not mentioned it will be making plus another it keeps pushing back likely will make that part of the line-up very popular. Much like other third party companies, all these 1/12 model companies greatest success will come in supplementing the Hasbro line, filling in the gaps and improving on poorly made figures going forward.

Reaction score
I honestly think I'm going to get all of them. The secondary market for most japanese figures can get expensive. I'll get them all now and then decide who I like best or just keep them for a separate display. They are all now available to order except Figuarts correct?

Reaction score
Me too. But obv SWB wll continue to be my main area of focus. Having said that, I'm sure that, proportions aside, this Vader would blend well with the Hasbro stormtroopers.

Reaction score
So I see the SH Monsterarts Godzilla figures on Amazon and someone mentioned other Bandai models are usually in the $20 range on amazon; that being the case I think I'm going to skip preordering them on the asian websites and I'll just buy from Amazon. Probably will do the same with the Figuarts one. I still have to plunk down for the revoltech.

Reaction score
A little baffled by this Stormtrooper attempt. Revoltech just isn't getting right with the codpiece area. Do they not realize that there's not supposed to be a gap in the armor under the belt? Aside from that, it would make for a pretty passable animated Rebels Stormtrooper.

Reaction score
A little baffled by this Stormtrooper attempt. Revoltech just isn't getting right with the codpiece area. Do they not realize that there's not supposed to be a gap in the armor under the belt? Aside from that, it would make for a pretty passable animated Rebels Stormtrooper.

He looks like a really thin guy w/ a huge helmet. Not in love with this one at all.

Reaction score
The poseability of that figure looks awesome, but overall it just looks strange to me, like some sort of dainty samurai ST!!!

Reaction score
I speak from experience when I say that these poses are cool (albeit a bit too much split-action for my taste), but impossible to recreate when you're wearing real ST armour :p.

Reaction score
Revo Stormtrooper up for preorder. Pretty much the same price as the Revo Vader. And now with a bit better images:

There's something so anime about his torso. The first and third pics especially, I don't know what it is about Japanese companies that think that torsos bend like that.

Reaction score
I agree that this Stormtrooper figure is DUMB cause we all know that it's physically impossible for a human being wearing the armor to pose like that.

It's the same reason C-3PO looked so staggeringly stupid in AOTC when he was running around and hanging by one arm. We know he's a fake CGI construct cause we've never seen Anthony Daniels do anything like that in the other movies. Dude could barely walk let along hang by one arm off a stupid conveyor belt or whatever.

I still think Hasbro has made the best Vader and Stormtrooper in the 6 inch scale, despite the flaws. So far, all the Japanese releases have WORSE flaws. I know some people like the look of the Figma, and the helmet DOES look nice in that one shot, but the body looks like a POTF2 figure and ALL Figma figures are undersized. He will be dwarfed by Hasbro's Luke figures, so he won't fit in a Black Series display.

The only nice thing about the Mafex is the severed hand and the fact that he can hang his lightsaber.

I can't think of anything nice to say about the Revoltech Vader though.

Reaction score
^ I agree. The 6'' Stormtrooper is, despite its flaws (damn you loose hip joints :mad:), still the best ST figure around. It's really a pleasure to look at (despite the loose hips :rolleyes:) and I'm happy I have two. Can't speak for Vader since I have yet to see the figure in person.

Reaction score
Looks like Spiderman in Stormtrooper disguise
I imagine its what this guy looks like when he shoots.

"P'ew p'ew!... Take that... and p'ew!... Yeah, p'ew! You like that? P'ewp'p'p'pew! Yeah I'm set for stun... P'ew! Stay down..."

Reaction score
A new look at the SH Figuarts Star Wars lines from the 2014 Bandai Tamashii Nations event. Stormtrooper helmets looking more and more Rebels-style. But their bodies don't seem as scrawny. I think Vader looks fantastic though.

Reaction score
Forgive me - it hasn't been confirmed that these are the SH Figuarts versions. It is being reported that these are still the 1/12 plastic models.

Reaction score
Forgive me - it hasn't been confirmed that these are the SH Figuarts versions. It is being reported that these are still the 1/12 plastic models.
I'm damn near positive they're the Figuarts.

Anyone see this?

It's pretty clear that the SHFs will top the Black Series ones after this.

Reaction score

Anyone see this?

Nice, And of course they're nicer than the BS6, BUT they will cost Twice as much (three times as much when they first hit and you can only get them from china).

Reaction score
I absolutely love those sh figuarts figures. I may be officially done with the Black Series, with the exception of more obscure characters.

Reaction score

Anyone see this?

Well slap me with a dirty Jawa and call me Sally. I don't know what those are but they look outstanding! :wtf: (And they're not even wearing white armour!) :confused:

Reaction score
What's the scale issue? I thought these were all in the 6" scale?
They should be pretty close to 1/12 scale. So Han should be around 6inches, just like the BS figure. But it's not unlikely that he'll be closer to 5.9 inches than 6. I know I'm okay with that, but people will find reasons to not accept it.

Reaction score
It's just one awkwardly-angled, slightly blurry picture, but they look pretty darn good to me. Better than any of the "premium" line Darth Vaders or Stormtroopers that have been shown so far. Color me optimistic.

Reaction score
Unless you see these figures as the standard-bearers, as I do. Then it is the Black Series that ends up being out of scale.
Different strokes for different folks. I plan on being a pretty strict OT Black series completist so that's the world I'm living in but I just know that the FigureArts and Revoltech are of a slightly finer scale. So meddle as to say I won't be crossing the isles much.

Now if the Hasbro C3PO blows.. Ill reach out. I do like this Luke though out of pure absence for the Hasbro "equivalent"... Unless you like THIS!!!!

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure these aren't going to be $60 like said earlier. I purchased the entire Mighty Morphin Power Rangers line up and those figures ranged from $35-40 a piece. They were also easier to obtain than on might think. SH Figuarts are excellent in person. That Han Solo looks AMAZING. I passed up the Hot Toys figure because it looked off, but I will own this figure. The Luke too!

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure these aren't going to be $60 like said earlier. I purchased the entire Mighty Morphin Power Rangers line up and those figures ranged from $35-40 a piece. They were also easier to obtain than on might think. SH Figuarts are excellent in person. That Han Solo looks AMAZING. I passed up the Hot Toys figure because it looked off, but I will own this figure. The Luke too!
I think Bandai actually owns the license to make MMPR figures, or may even own the property outright. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that Hasbro is not going to be excessively generous to Bandai. Likely, the SH Figuarts Star Wars line will be priced at least at the levels of their DC Injustice: Gods Among Us figures. However, we will likely be able to save some money here and there by buying plastic model kits for certain characters - which will be priced competitively with the Black Series.