OTC Slave 1 w/ Boba Fett

GNT

Reaction score
Bumped for anyone that needs to continue talking about the OTC Slave 1
Worried about the packaging, might dent easily

Reaction score
Man, I wasn't going to buy this. I was a little disappointed with the AOTC Slave-1. I didn't like the fact that the cargo hold doesn't open and that the stabilizers didn't have the gyroscope feature anymore. And all in all, I thought the $29.99 price point was really stretching it. It's only saving grace is that it looks *fantastic* on the shelf.

But... now that I see the OTC version in the packaging, there's no way I could see myself coming across that on the shelf and not leaving the store with it. I very rarely leave vehicles I buy sealed in the box, but I'll probably make an exception in this case.

GNT

Reaction score
OTC Slave I Loose Images

Rebelscum reader Manny was able to get shots of a production OTC Slave I from his buddy Duane, who was able to acquire one. The toy pictured above was purchased loose and without the Fett figure, therefore the figure in the cockpit is a standard 300th Edition Boba Fett. Thankfully though, we were able to learn that the extra weapons that were not included with the Jango Fett’s Slave I from the Saga line are in fact removable.

Has anyone found Boba Fett's slave 1?

Reaction score
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>

[/QUOTE]

WOW. That's early. According to Hasbro's website, the Slave 1 isn't due out till "mid-October".

Reaction score
SandmanTR said:
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
WOW. That's early. According to Hasbro's website, the Slave 1 isn't due out till "mid-October".

[/QUOTE]

My quess is that he acquired it from someone in Hong Kong or thereabouts. This isn't due until later this year.

Reaction score
I love how people have just got to have these items as soon as it's put out overseas. I never understood that, so let's pay some astronomical amout over retail just to say "I had it first". Idiots!!!

GNT

Reaction score
Not really needed since we have the cheaply made one that came with the POTF Slave 1 and the Han w/ carbonite figure from around 96 which you posted. If anyone needs a carbonite block then just use the older one
Now if Hasbro had a new Han in carbonite with carbonite block then I wouldn't be against that

Reaction score
GNT said:
Not really needed since we have the cheaply made one that came with the POTF Slave 1 and the Han w/ carbonite figure from around 96 which you posted. If anyone needs a carbonite block then just use the older one
Now if Hasbro had a new Han in carbonite with carbonite block then I wouldn't be against that
New or old, you can't use it effectively on the new ship in any case.

Reaction score
Really?

It won't fit?

Either way, it would look cool in the set - I mean, c'mon, we're all pretty excited about the rehashes this year - I'm just saying that it would not have cost much for Hasbro to a slab of plastic to the set.

Reaction score
I was thinking about the lack of a Carbonite Solo for this new Slave I as well. One of the great features of the vintage vehicle was the cargo hold with Carbonite Han. Han being loaded into the vehicle is pretty much the defining moment for the Slave I in the OT. So it's disappointing but I know this newer AOTC sculpt doesn't even have a cargo hold if I remember right. Just a bunch of weapons. But I can't deny that it's something that's keeping me from firmly committing to getting it. I think more and more than I can avoid it.

Even though the POTF2 Carbonite block is pretty good, I hope Hasbro will attack a carbonite set with Han figure again in the future. Maybe in a deluxe set or in my ultimate dream of being part of a second VOTC assortment!

Reaction score
These are out fella's and fellette's... Grabbed on this morning at a local Target.

Yes it is a"rehash" but one that is worthy of your money. Hasbro did an incredible job on a great sculpt (Jango's Slave 1) and it blows away the old Slave 1 by leaps and bounds.

Packaging looks even better in person. This is a piece you can open or leave boxed and I think you'll enjoy it either way.

Reaction score
Been checking my Target every other day and still no sign of it yet. Hasn't been much of anything now that I think about it.

gMt

Reaction score
Jimbo said:
Tark,

I'm in New England.
Ah. Thanks for the clarification. Nice to see them showing up again on the east coast.

Reaction score
Nice that we got them on the east coast first. Florida reported in first and now they are all the way up the coast in New England.

This one will be a
to find for many I think. Beyond the fact it's Fett... it's a great piece... truly a great looking piece. Nevermind it's a Target exclusive

I mean Arizona gets to gloat about the the Return VOTC...
I still don't get how figures get dropped first in the desert before anywhere else in the country

Reaction score
I found 8 this morning at the Eugene, OR Target. None of them had the missile in Fett's backpack.

I bought one, and figured thw missile would be in a bag somewhere, but it wasn't too be found. Did anybody's Slave I come with Boba Fett's backpack missile?

gMt

Reaction score
Ham_Salad said:
I found 8 this morning at the Eugene, OR Target. None of them had the missile in Fett's backpack.

I bought one, and figured thw missile would be in a bag somewhere, but it wasn't too be found. Did anybody's Slave I come with Boba Fett's backpack missile?
Finally found these today. Saw two, both missing the missle. WTF?

Still an awesome piece. I almost hate taking it out of the package, it looks so cool.

Reaction score
Ham,

I noticed that today too. I tore up my couch looking for it, figuring I lost it, but I guess I can be content I didn't lose it and it just doesn't come with it.

If you look at the pics on GH, the Fett doesn't have it, and it wasn't in a bag anywhere.

Oh well. He doesn't need a missile when he's sitting in the cockpit anyways.

BTW, I got mine by doing a DCPI lookup and having a friendly employee bring it out to me.

This will make future Target Exclusives real easy to get.

-D

Reaction score
Just got mine yesterday at Target. I let the Target employee call the stockroom and tell them the DCPI number and they brought it out to me. No missle on Fett's jetpack. I don't know why it wasn't included.

Reaction score
Well,

I provided my local Target clerk with the DPCI for the Slave 1 and purchased it today. That is saying a lot since I only collect a few modern items. This is just too cool to pass up on boxed. With the current sale the ship came to $25 and change.

DBK

Reaction score
Nice grab DBK.

Wow... that was a little weird. I just found out from my contact that cost on these would've put the price into the $40 range and I opted to skip out. Sorry

Reaction score
$29.99 but with the 15% sale it brought it down a bit. Also, this is one big box, my arm got a little tired lugging it around.

DBK

Jimbo said:
Nice grab DBK.

Wow... that was a little weird. I just found out from my contact that cost on these would've put the price into the $40 range and I opted to skip out. Sorry

Reaction score
Got my Slave 1 today (along with the Y-Wing) and must admit this is a nice ship. I wasn't going to pick it up as I had the old POTF2 version as well as Jangos but went ahead and brought it anyway and I am very happy with my purchase.

Very nicly updated paint scheme, and the new parts really add depth to the ship. IT does lack the playabilty of Jangos but it sure as hell looks alot nicer in Boba's colours.

Only bad point is the figure, it seems very cheaply made, no blaster in his holster and no rocket???? Why is this!!
Also he seems very flimsy compared to the other 300th Boba releases. Hasbro didn't really need to include this figure as most of us have a spare 300th Fett that we got with the Ultimate Bounty pack and if you don't you can always go and buy the OTC or VOTC carded version, then they could drop the price a few bucks as well.

Reaction score
stylie_steve said:
Got my Slave 1 today (along with the Y-Wing) and must admit this is a nice ship. I wasn't going to pick it up as I had the old POTF2 version as well as Jangos but went ahead and brought it anyway and I am very happy with my purchase.

Very nicly updated paint scheme, and the new parts really add depth to the ship. IT does lack the playabilty of Jangos but it sure as hell looks alot nicer in Boba's colours.

Only bad point is the figure, it seems very cheaply made, no blaster in his holster and no rocket???? Why is this!!
Also he seems very flimsy compared to the other 300th Boba releases. Hasbro didn't really need to include this figure as most of us have a spare 300th Fett that we got with the Ultimate Bounty pack and if you don't you can always go and buy the OTC or VOTC carded version, then they could drop the price a few bucks as well.
The Y-Wing was released already?

Reaction score
My local Target finally got these in, and even though I already have the POTF2 one, and I haven't purchased any recent vehicles, I couldn't pass this one up. I love that you can display it, and see almost the whole thing, without even removing it from the box. The Boba figure is a nice bonus.