OT: Who is still around?

Reaction score
I still check in from time to time, just not as invested in autographs anymore, but i still get stuff now and then, and also still collect toys.
FB and other outlets may be where it's at right now, but it never reached/reaches the depth of a forum, and also isn't as relaxing. It's faster, more intense maybe, but also more shallow.
I didn't have FB until 2015, when i wanted to join a group of friends there. Otherwise i probably still wouldn't have an account.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
FB and other outlets may be where it's at right now, but it never reached/reaches the depth of a forum, and also isn't as relaxing. It's faster, more intense maybe, but also more shallow.
100% accurate statement. Social media will never, ever be as welcoming and relaxing as the forums. In a world of face-paced, crazy, hectic schedules, the last thing anyone needs is more of the same on the non-work related part of life. The forums always lent well to this and still could.

The other thing I always appreciated about the forum platform was the family-friendly atmosphere as opposed to the vulgar, cruel world of social media where there are no rules and morals are out the window. You have to sift through so much garbage that it's almost not even worth doing.

Reaction score
100% accurate statement. Social media will never, ever be as welcoming and relaxing as the forums. In a world of face-paced, crazy, hectic schedules, the last thing anyone needs is more of the same on the non-work related part of life. The forums always lent well to this and still could.

The other thing I always appreciated about the forum platform was the family-friendly atmosphere as opposed to the vulgar, cruel world of social media where there are no rules and morals are out the window. You have to sift through so much garbage that it's almost not even worth doing.
Amen. I could not agree more. I joined FB about 2 years ago and there are no doubt lots of great people on there and tons of great items for sale as well as access to great signings. However, it cannot compare to the more civilized aspects of this forum, as well as the more laid back nature of a forum. I plan on spending way less time on FB and more on here because I have really missed it.

Reaction score
Still here from time to time. As with many others the rebelscum-forum still holds a place in my collecting heart. I remember the good old days with OPX signings and photos, Master Replicas products and Gentle Giant statues.

Reaction score
Peek in a couple times a month, maybe more if there's Star Wars news in the air.

As I look & see the autograph market today surrounded by all of the chaos, crooks & insanity that it has become, I look back at a simpler time and am appreciative to the folks & transactions that were done here on the boards.

Special shout-out to Zhamlau, Bendu, starwarsnerd, JEDI_ME_77, DarthNervous, JonAG & of course, Ben Stevens. They taught us the hobby and were kind enough to allow me to become the new caretaker of several pieces. Thanks, fellas!

Reaction score
I agree. AMEN!!!

Peek in a couple times a month, maybe more if there's Star Wars news in the air.

As I look & see the autograph market today surrounded by all of the chaos, crooks & insanity that it has become, I look back at a simpler time and am appreciative to the folks & transactions that were done here on the boards.

Special shout-out to Zhamlau, Bendu, starwarsnerd, JEDI_ME_77, DarthNervous, JonAG & of course, Ben Stevens. They taught us the hobby and were kind enough to allow me to become the new caretaker of several pieces. Thanks, fellas!

Reaction score
This is my newer account but I still post (mainly in the Celebration section) and lurk here. Most ppl have transferred over to the FB groups.

Reaction score
Hey all

so I am a long time reader of this forum as many of you know and I just wanted to know who all is still reading and replying to topics here, folks from the old days? How many long time scummers still reading these posts? Sound off if you are still around (even occasionally).
Hey, long time no see! I still remember some very cool deals and chats with you over the years.

I still look in about twice a week just to see if anything sparks my interest.

I actually much preferred it here, it was nice to have one go to place.

Now that the entire hobby is splintered over literally dozens of facebook pages it's extremely hard to keep up with people or keep track of whats going on, whats being sold, whats the latest topic doing the rounds etc. Plus a lot of facebook groups seam to be a power trip for the admins and full of frankly unnecessarily ****y rules.

Facebook just took over at an exponential rate, I mean even Pete aka Bendu was persuaded to join, lol.

Maybe there is still life in this old girl yet though ?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I was just wondering who is still around from the old days? I stop in once in while but mostly to check out other sections and to play fantasy football (first win this year!). Any other long timers still around?

Reaction score
Still here. Most have gone over to FB, but this is still on on the list of my weekday morning distractions before starting work.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I've said this before, but it's worth repeating. It's very unfortunate how social media killed online message boards. Facebook will never be able to capture the essence of what a forum is. It's too fast paced and there's way too much going on for it to have the same level of engagement. Here, you can causally read through posts and respond as you like. On Facebook, if you aren't constantly checking it, you miss 90% of what's posted and you have to sift through all the garbage before you get to something you might be remotely interested in.

Glad to hear you guys are still checking in from time to time.

Reaction score
I still check out the boards almost every day. Agree with Chris it is just so hard to see everything on FB.

Reaction score
On FB almost all the times good posts get buried in tons of garbage, annoying ads, and all kinds of messages with cats, kids, beer and memes from everyone. I gave unfollow to some of the FB friends, not that I have too many anyway. I even left some groups or not posting there anymore, due to tons of spammers and weird acting admins/mods. FB is indeed too many times a wretched hive of scum and villainy... This is why I'm still on the few forums that are still alive.

Reaction score
I have no social media, I hate it (Anakin on Mustafar voice)! I only come here and Yodanews for my SW fix, daily or every couple days. I have many friends on here too, so that really keeps me coming back. Now, there are some things I wish were different on here, but it's better than the social media alternative.

Reaction score
I still check in from time-to-time. Not as much traffic these days, so not as much to read and respond to.

The only social media I pay attention to is Twitter. I have a FB page out of necessity, but I rarely visit it and have almost no "friends".

ETA: Congrats on your FF Championship, zhamlau.

Reaction score
I've said this before, but it's worth repeating. It's very unfortunate how social media killed online message boards. Facebook will never be able to capture the essence of what a forum is. It's too fast paced and there's way too much going on for it to have the same level of engagement. Here, you can causally read through posts and respond as you like. On Facebook, if you aren't constantly checking it, you miss 90% of what's posted and you have to sift through all the garbage before you get to something you might be remotely interested in.

Glad to hear you guys are still checking in from time to time.
I've encountered this trend on other forums. The younger generations seem convinced that social media platforms are "safer" than forums. They must not be paying attention to all the scandals Facebook has been tied up in recently thanks do Zuckerdouche. I've been on discussion boards for 20 years and never seen anyone's information gathered and released to third parties. And online shopping on a board or social media is comparable-buyer beware!

I've also noticed more self-proclaimed experts on social media. My guess is part of this is it's harder to be exposed and called out, since stuff gets pushed down so quickly and isn't in a long-lasting topic like discussion forums.

Reaction score
I'm still here and check in from time to time.

Is there anyone here who keeps in touch with Anthony Espinoza AKA A_ONE and had Inked Autographs? I lost all contact with him and he still owes me a CHUCK tv show poster autographed by most of the main cast plus others. He dropped off from here and isn't reachable on FB. I know he was in California and I'd like to get my poster back that was already paid in full. Please PM me if you have seen him or know his contact info.

Thanx guys!
James