OT: Who is still around?

Reaction score
I still check in from time to time, just not as invested in autographs anymore, but i still get stuff now and then, and also still collect toys.
FB and other outlets may be where it's at right now, but it never reached/reaches the depth of a forum, and also isn't as relaxing. It's faster, more intense maybe, but also more shallow.
I didn't have FB until 2015, when i wanted to join a group of friends there. Otherwise i probably still wouldn't have an account.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
FB and other outlets may be where it's at right now, but it never reached/reaches the depth of a forum, and also isn't as relaxing. It's faster, more intense maybe, but also more shallow.
100% accurate statement. Social media will never, ever be as welcoming and relaxing as the forums. In a world of face-paced, crazy, hectic schedules, the last thing anyone needs is more of the same on the non-work related part of life. The forums always lent well to this and still could.

The other thing I always appreciated about the forum platform was the family-friendly atmosphere as opposed to the vulgar, cruel world of social media where there are no rules and morals are out the window. You have to sift through so much garbage that it's almost not even worth doing.

Reaction score
100% accurate statement. Social media will never, ever be as welcoming and relaxing as the forums. In a world of face-paced, crazy, hectic schedules, the last thing anyone needs is more of the same on the non-work related part of life. The forums always lent well to this and still could.

The other thing I always appreciated about the forum platform was the family-friendly atmosphere as opposed to the vulgar, cruel world of social media where there are no rules and morals are out the window. You have to sift through so much garbage that it's almost not even worth doing.
Amen. I could not agree more. I joined FB about 2 years ago and there are no doubt lots of great people on there and tons of great items for sale as well as access to great signings. However, it cannot compare to the more civilized aspects of this forum, as well as the more laid back nature of a forum. I plan on spending way less time on FB and more on here because I have really missed it.

Reaction score
Still here from time to time. As with many others the rebelscum-forum still holds a place in my collecting heart. I remember the good old days with OPX signings and photos, Master Replicas products and Gentle Giant statues.

Reaction score
Peek in a couple times a month, maybe more if there's Star Wars news in the air.

As I look & see the autograph market today surrounded by all of the chaos, crooks & insanity that it has become, I look back at a simpler time and am appreciative to the folks & transactions that were done here on the boards.

Special shout-out to Zhamlau, Bendu, starwarsnerd, JEDI_ME_77, DarthNervous, JonAG & of course, Ben Stevens. They taught us the hobby and were kind enough to allow me to become the new caretaker of several pieces. Thanks, fellas!

Reaction score
I agree. AMEN!!!

Peek in a couple times a month, maybe more if there's Star Wars news in the air.

As I look & see the autograph market today surrounded by all of the chaos, crooks & insanity that it has become, I look back at a simpler time and am appreciative to the folks & transactions that were done here on the boards.

Special shout-out to Zhamlau, Bendu, starwarsnerd, JEDI_ME_77, DarthNervous, JonAG & of course, Ben Stevens. They taught us the hobby and were kind enough to allow me to become the new caretaker of several pieces. Thanks, fellas!

Reaction score
This is my newer account but I still post (mainly in the Celebration section) and lurk here. Most ppl have transferred over to the FB groups.

Reaction score
Hey all

so I am a long time reader of this forum as many of you know and I just wanted to know who all is still reading and replying to topics here, folks from the old days? How many long time scummers still reading these posts? Sound off if you are still around (even occasionally).
Hey, long time no see! I still remember some very cool deals and chats with you over the years.

I still look in about twice a week just to see if anything sparks my interest.

I actually much preferred it here, it was nice to have one go to place.

Now that the entire hobby is splintered over literally dozens of facebook pages it's extremely hard to keep up with people or keep track of whats going on, whats being sold, whats the latest topic doing the rounds etc. Plus a lot of facebook groups seam to be a power trip for the admins and full of frankly unnecessarily ****y rules.

Facebook just took over at an exponential rate, I mean even Pete aka Bendu was persuaded to join, lol.

Maybe there is still life in this old girl yet though ?

Last edited: